Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Holm vs. Vieira

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,621
  • Post Score: 46

01.30.2022 | 8:32 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
Bout   Info
Ketlen Vieira   defeats   Holly Holm   via Decision, Split   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Michel Pereira   defeats   Santiago Ponzinibbio   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Chidi Njokuani   defeats   Duško Todorović   via KO/TKO, Elbow   4:48 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Tabatha Ricci   defeats   Polyana Viana   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Jun Yong Park   defeats   Eryk Anders   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Joseph Holmes   defeats   Alen Amedovski   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   1:04 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Jailton Almeida   defeats   Parker Porter   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   4:35 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Uros Medic   defeats   Omar Morales   via KO/TKO, Punches   3:05 Round 2 of 3, 8:05 Total Bout Page
Jonathan Martinez   defeats   Vince Morales   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Chase Hooper   defeats   Felipe Colares   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   3:00 Round 3 of 3, 13:00 Total Bout Page
Sam Hughes   defeats   Elise Reed   via KO/TKO, Elbows From Mount   3:52 Round 3 of 3, 13:52 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 17

Axl702
Axl702
  • Predictions:  3,000  |  57.4%
  • Forum Posts:  483
  • Post Score: 110

05.19.2022 | 4:56 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 4 Perfect, 555 Points   |   Tied for 667th

joseph holmes and alen amedovski are indeed complete ****....but that is not the one where you want the underdog. that is one where you take the massive giant human and hope he isn't ******** as the guy who got KO'd in 15 seconds his last fight 

"R.I.P. Beneil"

foppa420
foppa420
  • Predictions:  2,105  |  65.1%
  • Forum Posts:  3,138
  • Post Score: 137

05.19.2022 | 4:59 PM ET

@Mantis

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 495 Points   |   Tied for 1360th

I'm liking you're thinking on most of those picks my man. I'm not sure yet on Ricci/Viana and while I think Veira will put up a great fight I'm not sure she can beat Holly even coming off such a long layoff. I'm pretty much with you on everything else. 

Full transparency: the only 3 fights I've picked the wrong winner of in the last two UFC events have all been WMMA so *** do I know. 

* Edited at 05.19.2022, 5:02 PM ET *

CWright
CWright
  • Predictions:  5,921  |  66.1%
  • Forum Posts:  45
  • Post Score: 171

05.19.2022 | 5:24 PM ET

Predictions Comments

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 405 Points   |   Tied for 2382nd

Holm vs. Vieira
Holly Holm, DEC
Thinking Holly will be able to keep the fight in her range and get it done.

Ponzinibbio vs. Pereira
Santiago Ponzinibbio, DEC
Similar storyline to Ponzi vs. Baeza. Pereira will win the first and I think Ponzi will battle back to edge out the 2nd and 3rd on at least 2 of the judges scorecards.

Njokuani vs. Todorovic
Chidi Njokuani, KO, R2
Dusko's striking defense is below average and that is not a good thing against Chidi's stone hands.

Ricci vs. Viana
Tabitha Ricci, DEC
50/50 fight, don't bet on it; I have no justification other than I think Ricci is gonna be on top more as Viana will be content to fight off her back and try to latch onto a limb.

Park vs. Anders
Jun Yong Park, DEC
Everytime I pick Anders as a dog he disappoints. The blueprint to beat him has been written, and it aligns perfectly with Park's style of fighting.

Holmes vs. Amedovski
Joseph Holmes, SUB, R3
Bottom of the barrel 185ers, I think if Holmes gets out of the first unscathed he'll use his wrestling to fatigue Alen and eventually latch onto his neck in the 3rd when he's gassed.

Porter vs. Almeida
Jailton Almeida, TKO, R2
The UFC must be really pissed that Porter is on a three fight win streak. Porter's tough, but I think he'll succumb to ground-and-pound in the second.

Morales vs. Medic
Omar Morales, TKO, R2
I have a rule to never trust people coming out of Alaska FC. Medic looked incredibly tired after half a round against Turner and I think Morales is gonna be able to make him quit against the cage in the 2nd.

Martinez vs. Morales
Jonathon Martinez, DEC
I think Martinez is just a bit better on the feet, and I think the majority of this fight will stay there. Vandetta is always a good dog though.

Hooper vs. Colares
Felipe Colares, DEC
Not a C-Hoop hater by any stretch but I think Colares matches him in the grappling and is way ahead on the feet. He'll be able to handle anything The Dream throws at him.

Reed vs. Hughes
Elise Reed, DEC
Was really impressed by Reed in her last fight and I don't think Hughes is UFC caliber by any means. Reed should be able to outpoint her in at least 2 of the 3 rounds and get the win.

"Moicano wants money" - Renato Moicano, November 12, 2022

FistyMcKickerChoke
FistyMcKickerChoke
  • Predictions:  29,881  |  80.8%
  • Forum Posts:  4,560
  • Post Score: 236

05.19.2022 | 5:31 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 470 Points   |   Tied for 1686th

I will forever begrudge Amedovski for running face-first at Phillips, he lost me a decent amount of money that day against the most one-dimensional fighter the UFC has had in a long time. 

"Throughout my career I've learned that "If you win you're the ****, if you lose it's bad." - Bruno "Blindadao" Silva"

Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

05.19.2022 | 5:32 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 315 Points   |   Tied for 3038th

I’m thinking Holmes rebounds with an impressive win. 
gliese58i
gliese58i
  • Predictions:  1,436  |  65.0%
  • Forum Posts:  10,767
  • Post Score: 127

05.19.2022 | 5:35 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 4 Perfect, 540 Points   |   Tied for 842nd

I was trying to find a bet somehwere in Holmes vs Amedovski but honestly I have no clue how this fight will turn out. I can see either fighter winning by stoppage OR decision.
I guess I'm just leaning Holmes 60/40 based on statistics, younger taller longer has fought recently etc. Might be a livebet in this one with both fighters having had poor gas tank in past fights.
Holmes emphasized that cardio was the most important ingredient in his training since the Pickett fight so that's good I guess. Still, listening to MMA fighters talk is not a good basis for betting.

"She’ll go there and smash her. She’ll get a title shot, become a UFC champion. We have a Ronda Rousey on steroids. This is what we have.” - Ali Abdelaziz on Kayla Harrison

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  16,632  |  67.2%
  • Forum Posts:  32,762
  • Post Score: 90

05.19.2022 | 5:35 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 11 Winners, 5 Perfect, 450 Points   |   Tied for 1972nd

Hopefully he does. Amedovski has no head movement either. All you have to do is counter him while he’s throwing; should be easy considering Holmes has 6 inches of reach

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

05.19.2022 | 5:53 PM ET

Also how do people feel about martinez vs morales? I genuinely think morales can pull off a ko upset. Martinez has never won more than two fights in a row and, despite his success, is pretty chinny. Morales also should be 4-2 in the ufc (Benito Lopez loss was a robbery) and his only two losses are to two very good fighters in song yadong and Chris Gutierrez. His boxing combinations are sharp and he’s got good power. He looked very good in the smolka fight and I thought he was gonna get smoked in that fight. 

* Edited at 05.19.2022, 5:56 PM ET *

foppa420
foppa420
  • Predictions:  2,105  |  65.1%
  • Forum Posts:  3,138
  • Post Score: 137

05.19.2022 | 5:56 PM ET

@ayy

That fights a scale watcher if there ever was one. If Martinez even looks remotely compromised from a bad weight cut I might change my pick. Morales can crack. This could very easily be the Davey Grant fight all over again for Martinez and that's why I love this match-up. 
JReynolds47
JReynolds47
  • Predictions:  13,204  |  72.5%
  • Forum Posts:  7,542
  • Post Score: 13

05.19.2022 | 5:57 PM ET

AyyLmaonnaise

Thats a tough one. Vince at his best can win a decision or possibly tko him. But sometimes vince is really low volume and susceptible to leg kicks. 

"Jarno Errens, Damir Hadzovic"

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

05.19.2022 | 6:00 PM ET

That’s true but Gutierrez’s leg kicks are on another level. Martinez has leg kicks but his most danergous weapon is his step in knee because he doesn’t telegraph it and because of his frame he’s able to throw it with ease. He is definitely the better fighter of the two but idk I really can’t trust that chin. He was winning clearly against perez but kept getting chinned at the end of every round. I have this feeling morales will find it idk

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

05.19.2022 | 6:00 PM ET

@foppa yeah it’s a really good fight honestly. No matter who wins it’s good matchmaking. Shame it’s on the prelims and not main card tho

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

05.19.2022 | 6:03 PM ET

@jreynolds Morales ko is also +500 on my book btw… 

Tuludapac
Tuludapac
  • Predictions:  11  |  63.6%
  • Forum Posts:  112
  • Post Score: 124

05.19.2022 | 6:19 PM ET

I think Sam Hughes is too big for reed. I feel Hughes can take control on the fence. Decent dog but point being I can’t take reed. 
DCpredictions
DCpredictions
  • Predictions:  1,694  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  844
  • Post Score: 142

05.19.2022 | 7:04 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 5 of 11 Winners, 4 Perfect, 400 Points   |   Tied for 2498th

Holm vs. Vieira
Holly Holm, DEC
I don't think anyone who isn't someone I consider top 2, is going to beat holly even at 40. Remember when she was a pickem with aldana (who easily beat viera) because she was 38? Pepperage farm remembers. Viera needs to get takedowns to win, holly has good tdd and if taken down, unless most rounds, viera very inactives on top. Kinda wanna take holly to get a 2nd/3rd ko but I'll take the safer pick.

Njokuani vs. Todorović
Duško Todorović, DEC
Say it with me, recency bias. If he doesn't get a early ko of Marc, he probably gets grinded out to a dec. Exactly what I expect from dusko. I don't think chidi is knocking out dusko. Yeah, he kept his hands low, that's because his head movement was exemplary, in his recency fights he's gotten better at striking defense. And he is hittable I know don't get me wrong, but I think and hope dusko leans on grappling advantage at accrue a lot of control time. I think he either wins a decision based on that, or more time was spent with chidi winning at distance, but either way, unpopular I think it's going long and don't hate the gtd bet, although I'm not taking it myself since I'm limited to 6 props. See it as 50/50 tho depending who gets their game more. So with little other dogs I'm picking, rolling with dusko.

Holmes vs. Amedovski
Joseph Holmes, SUB, R1
So let's start with why the UFC wants holmes to get a win. Him and Ogden were the signees on the last looking with a fight. They both lost close decisions. Dana and the team don't wanna look like ******* idiots so they are giving Holmes a completely tailor made fight. Im not even going to waste time talking about how bad amen is. Barring a completely unexpected crazy improvements Holmes should finish this early. I'ma say head hick to club and Sub.

DCpredictions
DCpredictions

05.19.2022 | 7:40 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Porter vs. Almeida
Jailton Almeida, SUB, R1
You guys are funny. Oh dude porter will be 40lbs+ bigger. He will also have 40lbs plus less muscle. As much as a lot of probably wanna believe it, parker being beyond obese doesn't help him here, other than him somehow landing on top in a scramble and just being a cement block for the round. But come on. Parker has beaten 3 people who most would put, as the literal worst 3 rostered ufc HWs. Here's another key thing. IN PORTERS 4 UFC FIGHTS, THERE HAS NOT HEEN 1 TAKEDOWN ATTEMPTED AGAINST HIM. jailton and his team know his potential and wouldn't risk his hype up 40lbs if they didn't know it wasn't a big risk. "Oh but he weighed in at 203 so I think he's not big" are you out of your ******* mind? Look at him. " But look he lost decisions so porter grinds him out" he also isn't cutting a massive amount of weight. Maybe he weighs in tomorrow at 212 and I look ********, but no ******* way. Porter is garbage and is only on a win streak because he fought worse garbage. Meanwhile Almeda is looking like a future contender. Almedia to finish porter faster than he did. Marquez.

theproishiphop
theproishiphop
  • Predictions:  3,374  |  67.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,173
  • Post Score: 135

05.19.2022 | 7:54 PM ET

DCPredictions

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 4 Perfect, 465 Points   |   Tied for 1779th

Dusko has zero head movement and keeps his chin up like a skysc****r. I implore you to rewatch the Pitolo fight. If Maki had better fight IQ, that was headed in another direction. He was taking shots that if they came from Njokuani, his night would have been over. He is going to get dusted if he hasn't improved his head movement. The line may be wide. But if you have followed Chidi's career, you can see this is a much different fighter. I don't see this ending well for Dusko.

"Sir, ARE you ready? Sir, ARE you ready? FIGHT!!!"

Tuludapac
Tuludapac
  • Predictions:  11  |  63.6%
  • Forum Posts:  112
  • Post Score: 124

05.19.2022 | 7:59 PM ET

Dusko to win vs Chidi? I can’t get jiggy with that 
AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

05.19.2022 | 8:03 PM ET

I don’t trust duskos grappling. Dude has a 9% takedown accuracy… he was only able to get down maki because maki is dumber than a bag of rocks

DCpredictions
DCpredictions

05.19.2022 | 8:16 PM ET

Yeah but against who? I pick Rodriguez and soriano against chidi a lot easier than dusko. Chidi has been kinda absued on the ground against people I consider less than dusko not too long ago. Don't even think he wins against Souza in his Cs fight if dude didn't kick him in the nuts twice, lose a point, and decided "ok I have to go all out now for the finish"

I know you all have chidi in your parlays and I wish you all luck, I can't get around to betting dusko, but picking him here. 

* Edited at 05.19.2022, 8:17 PM ET *

Page 17

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : UFC Legend Demetrious Johnson Argues Why Boxing’s ‘More Exciting’ Than MMA ‘Right Now’
  • Bad Left Hook : Crawford named ‘champion in recess’ by WBC
  • Bad Left Hook : Terence Crawford named ‘champion in recess’ by WBC
  • Middle Easy : Matt Brown Advises Ronda Rousey To Restore UFC Image: ‘And The World Is Yours Again’
  • MMA Junkie : Sean Strickland 'ready to die' vs. Paulo Costa at UFC 302: 'It's going to be a bloodbath'
  • MMA Mania : Tyson Issues Ulcer Update
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 302 'Embedded,' No. 2: Michal Oleksiejczuk channels Taylor Swift: 'Welcome to New York'
  • MMA Mania : VIDEO: Sound & Pound — Will Poirier Retire After UFC 302?
  • MMAFighting.com : Ryan Garcia apologizes to Logan Paul amid pending lawsuit: ‘This sh*t’s breaking my heart’
  • UFC.com : Fighters on the Rise | UFC 302
  • Middle Easy : Coach Eric Nicksick Says People ‘Underestimated’ Dricus Du Plessis, Open To Making Sean Strickland Backup For DDP vs. Israel Adesanya
  • Middle Easy : Coach Eric Nicksick Says People ‘Underestimated’ Dricus Du Plessis, Open To Making Sean Strickland Backup For DDP vs. Isreal Adesanya
  • MMAFighting.com : Mike Tyson ‘feeling 100 percent’ after medical scare, ‘even though I don’t need to be to beat Jake Paul’
  • Bad Left Hook : Mbilli vs Sergiy Derevyanchenko official for Aug. 17 in Quebec
  • MMA Junkie : Alexander Volkanovski predicts Islam Makhachev will finish Dustin Poirier at UFC 302 – but how?
  • MMA Mania : Rogan Returns For UFC 302
  • UFC.com : Islam Makhachev Is Building A Legacy Of His Own
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302 broadcast team: Joe Rogan returns for Islam Makhachev vs. Dustin Poirier
  • MMA Junkie : 'More than just a chin': Kris Moutinho hopes for UFC return after beating demons, opponents outside it
  • Middle Easy : Michael Bisping Says Dustin Poirier’s ‘Insane’ UFC Resume ‘Smokes’ Islam Makhachev’s