Topic: Aldo vs. Hominick

Aldo vs. Hominick Predictions

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,622  |  73.7%
  • Forum Posts:  17,553
  • Post Score: 60

01.13.2011 | 8:31 AM ET

This is the official prediction commentary thread for Aldo vs. Hominick. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses

bklettke
bklettke
  • Predictions:  2,109  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,761
  • Post Score: 117

01.13.2011 | 8:31 AM ET

Prediction: correct Aldo   wrong Submission   wrong Round 3  

What if Hominick loses to Roop.....
SlackBrian
SlackBrian
  • Predictions:  411  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  95
  • Post Score: 81

01.13.2011 | 8:48 AM ET

Prediction: correct Aldo   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

Then, in Dana White's own words, they "go back to the drawing board".

"Alistair Overeem is a Dutch kickboxer who looks like someone at Marvel comics drew a man genetically engineered to f**k your girlfriend." - Cracked

MMADIVA
MMADIVA
  • Predictions:  52  |  53.8%
  • Forum Posts:  5
  • Post Score: 40

02.14.2011 | 5:42 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Hominick   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 4  

Hometown favourite!!! Come on Mark!
LynxGuy
LynxGuy
  • Predictions:  1,054  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,120
  • Post Score: 138

02.14.2011 | 7:57 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Hominick   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 5  

I love MMADIVA's attitude.  I'll be at this event and will definitely be cheering on Hominick hard really hoping he pulls this off.  How awesome would it be for an Ontario native to win the UFC featherweight belt during the UFC's very first trip to Ontario at probably the biggest UFC event in history.  Not to mention he's gotta beat the #3 pound-for-pound fighter in the world to do so which would only make it that much more incredible.  Don't forget this is the very first featherweight title fight in UFC history as well.

Now as for my prediction.  I have lots of time to think about it, but right now I think Hominick's only chance at beating Aldo is to stand with him.  Problem with that is that this is where Aldo is strongest and so far, unbeatable.  So it's looking like this could be a T(KO) win for Aldo.  Although Hominick has only been knocked out once in his long career and it was a slam knockout back in 2003.

This fight has the potential to go the distance in a very exciting, competitive, action-packed fight.  I hope it does.

"Don't be scared, homie." - Nick Diaz

DaiKaiju Wicked
DaiKaiju Wicked
  • Predictions:  2,021  |  67.8%
  • Forum Posts:  383
  • Post Score: 149

02.14.2011 | 8:18 AM ET

Prediction: correct Aldo   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

Hominick is great on the feet...Aldo is better.  Hominick has a seriously underrated ground game...Aldo's is better.  A good match up, and probably the best the UFC can put together right now, but I don't think it is going to be close.  Definitley a smart business decision going into Toronto though.  This event will have 2 title fights with a Canaidan fighter in each.  I'm from upstate NY, and was lucky enough to attend UFC 113 in Montreal.  That show was littered with Canadian fighters, and the crowd went nuts for each and every one.  All of them but Joe Doerkson lost, and the crowd was none too happy by the end of the night.  I love the way the Canadian fans get behind their fighters, but I think they're going to have to save all their victory cheers for the St-Pierre fight.

"I was born as a catholic but the nuns turned me. I was born as a pacifist but the guns turned me. I was born to be a beautiful man, but the ugliness is powerful, I do what I can."

TacomaTerror
TacomaTerror
  • Predictions:  149  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  480
  • Post Score: 59

02.15.2011 | 10:16 PM ET

Prediction: correct Aldo   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

Aldo via anyway he wants to finnish this fight. Simmilar result to what he did to Urijah.. basically make Hominick mentally quit the fight before finnishing him off.

" ."All praise is to Allah, I'll fight any man, any animal, if Jesus were here I'd fight him too." "

michigandolphin
michigandolphin
  • Predictions:  25,001  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  4,973
  • Post Score: 261

03.07.2011 | 5:50 PM ET

Aldo may be the #1 P4P fighter in the world.

"Frig off, bud"

Kokid951
Kokid951
  • Predictions:  667  |  58.6%
  • Forum Posts:  540
  • Post Score: 213

03.07.2011 | 9:17 PM ET

Prediction: correct Aldo   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 4  

Aldo will get the KO , i have faith :-)

"dont mistake kindness for weakness"

kallousklown
kallousklown
  • Predictions:  24,203  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  10,967
  • Post Score: 177

03.07.2011 | 9:34 PM ET

hopefully we'll get to see more of Aldo's jiujitsu.

"Are we gonna jump, or we just gonna jerk each other off?"

Babywads
Babywads
  • Predictions:  767  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  129
  • Post Score: 116

03.08.2011 | 5:08 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Hominick   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 4  

Pulling for Hominick to topple the giant!!!
infectedtruth
infectedtruth
  • Predictions:  855  |  65.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7
  • Post Score: 0

03.18.2011 | 10:31 PM ET

Enter Your Comments »
platzhirsch
platzhirsch
  • Predictions:  714  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  170
  • Post Score: 65

03.27.2011 | 9:14 PM ET

Prediction: correct Aldo   wrong Submission   wrong Round 3  

Aldo has more tools to win this. Hominick has slick boxing, likely that aldo tries to take him out of his game.
seanbio
seanbio
  • Predictions:  260  |  58.1%
  • Forum Posts:  169
  • Post Score: 37

03.27.2011 | 10:58 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Hominick   wrong Decision  

Jose Aldo has never fought a striker like Mark Hominick. With opponents like Mike Brown, Urijah Faber and Manvel Gamburyan, all they do is hit hard and swing for the fences. Mark Hominick, on the other hand, is very technical, displaying some great footwork and accuracy in his punches. I don't think he'll be able to finish Aldo but he can pick Aldo apart to a decision like Frankie Edgar did to BJ Penn in the first fight. Aldo has a higher chance of winning if he takes it to the ground but I wouldn't be surprised if Hominick catches him with something. He's very slick in both the stand up and ground game.

I'm Canadian, so I'm kind of biased, lol... but my arguments seem possible to happen...

Follow me on Tapology, please...

"Joe Silva could call Dan Miller at 3 in morning to tell him he's fighting Godzilla in an hour and he would take that fight."

Piercerdan
Piercerdan
  • Predictions:  22,712  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,987
  • Post Score: 212

04.02.2011 | 1:50 PM ET

Id love to see hominick take this and i think itll be hard to finish him but i think aldo will kick the **** out of his legs and middle third get a knock down and pound him to a stoppage.

"Fact: knowledge or info based on real occurrences, opinion: a belief held with confidence not substantiated by proof."

Elkisland
Elkisland
  • Predictions:  213  |  64.8%
  • Forum Posts:  499
  • Post Score: 132

04.02.2011 | 1:59 PM ET

Aldo is one of my personal favorites. I think this fight will be ugly for the Canadian fans.

"Serious sport is war minus the shooting. "George Orwell""

jaffacakehero
jaffacakehero
  • Predictions:  5,066  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,396
  • Post Score: 240

04.02.2011 | 2:05 PM ET

hominick is a v good striker yes.........im predicting a anderson vs vitor style fight tbh......aldo is a beast

"If you're matched up against me, you better be prepared to give your life...because I am prepared to take it. - Conor McGregor"

WinningOne
WinningOne
  • Predictions:  256  |  64.8%
  • Forum Posts:  242
  • Post Score: 58

04.02.2011 | 2:32 PM ET

Prediction: correct Aldo   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

My heart says Hominick, but my brain says Aldo by obliteration. :( 

"“I will knock your hair black” – Ken Shamrock to Ortiz"

CashBrewyn
CashBrewyn
  • Predictions:  21,572  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  4,045
  • Post Score: 212

04.02.2011 | 2:41 PM ET

damn thats a loop sided percentage 92% for Aldo...the MMA gods really are testing me with my new strategy of actually picking with my brain rather than my heart...still riding with the Machine even though I'm picking Aldo on here

"My hearts pumpin' the blood of Royce Gracie My thoughts dumpin' the slug and point straightly"

TacomaTerror
TacomaTerror
  • Predictions:  149  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  480
  • Post Score: 59

04.02.2011 | 3:59 PM ET

Hominick hasn't ever beaten a top ten guy.. He is not going to knock off the #1 dude in the division. xD

Aldo by KO

" ."All praise is to Allah, I'll fight any man, any animal, if Jesus were here I'd fight him too." "

jaffacakehero
jaffacakehero
  • Predictions:  5,066  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,396
  • Post Score: 240

04.02.2011 | 6:01 PM ET

everyone is sayin aldo has never seen a striker like aldo........but aldo is the best striker in the division and one of the best in the world.....and many say his ground game is better than his stand up...........so i really cant see a way for hominick to win

"If you're matched up against me, you better be prepared to give your life...because I am prepared to take it. - Conor McGregor"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : MMA Junkie's Fight of the Month for April: A thrilling battle for the BMF belt
  • MMA Junkie : Kevin Borjas: 'Alessandro Costa is now Mexican ... he'll be fighting as a visitor' at UFC 301 in Brazil
  • MMA Mania : Rematch! Prochazka ‘Most Likely’ Next For Pereira
  • MMA Junkie : Renato Moicano: 'I don't think it was very smart' for Alexandre Pantoja to fight Steve Erceg at UFC 301
  • MMAFighting.com : Top prospect Losene Keita explains turning down multiple offers from UFC, PFL: ‘I know my worth’
  • MMA Mania : McGregor’s High-Profile Backup? On One Condition ...
  • Middle Easy : ‘Big’ John McCarthy Weighs In on Jimmy Smith’s Claim That Everyone ‘F*cking Hated’ Ronda Rousey
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Incredibly difficult for Haney to take’: Hearn reacts to Garcia’s failed drug test
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Incredibly difficult for Devin Haney to take’: Eddie Hearn reacts to Ryan Garcia’s failed drug test
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping: 'Nasty bastard' Alexandre Pantoja has no weak areas, beats Steve Erceg at UFC 301
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302 poster released featuring Makhachev vs. Poirier, Strickland vs. Costa
  • MMA Mania : De La Hoya ‘Definitely Going To Sue For Defamation’ After Canelo Spat
  • Bad Left Hook : Ennis vs Crowley official for July 13 in Philadelphia
  • Bad Left Hook : Jaron Ennis vs Cody Crowley official for July 13th in Philadelphia
  • Bad Left Hook : Hughie Fury joins May 11 McCaskill vs Price show
  • MMA Junkie : Robert Whittaker confident he'll handle Khamzat Chimaev's wrestling in UFC Saudi Arabia showdown
  • MMAFighting.com : Paige VanZant eviscerates ‘piece of sh*t’ Dillon Danis in fiery response to accusations 
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I don’t think you can get into Canelo’s head’: Former Golden Boy matchmaker on Oscar beef
  • MMA Junkie : Alexander Volkanovski calls Jose Aldo featherweight GOAT ahead of UFC 301: 'He's how a champion should be'
  • MMA Mania : ‘12 Gauge’ Unloads On ‘Piece Of S—t’ Danis After Alleged Affair Claims