Tapology Forums

Next Opponent for Khamzat Chimaev

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

vertisol soil
vertisol soil
  • Predictions:  3,266  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  5
  • Post Score: 400

10.31.2021 | 12:42 PM ET

Sean Strickland versus Luke Rockhold on UFC 268 fell through and I think Khamzat Chimaev should go back up to middleweight and fight Strickland on short notice. Strickland turned down Belal Muhammad because he wanted a bigger name, I wonder if Chimaev would entice Strickland to fight. If anyone has any thoughts on what's next for Chimaev please share!

Responses

Fremen
Fremen
  • Predictions:  1,368  |  64.5%
  • Forum Posts:  3,579
  • Post Score: 218

10.31.2021 | 1:29 PM ET

Nate Diaz. 

"****."

Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords
  • Predictions:  4,350  |  64.4%
  • Forum Posts:  6,400
  • Post Score: 135

10.31.2021 | 1:54 PM ET

Derek brunson give him a real test.

"“I took no damage,” Hill said. “Most of the fall was me falling down"

Spudgreg
Spudgreg
  • Predictions:  2,453  |  60.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,728
  • Post Score: 189

10.31.2021 | 2:17 PM ET

I’m assuming it will be Diaz if they can’t get him to extend his contract they will try to lower his value and use him to raise someone elses. Their going to try to avoid giving him a fight just to stall it out for as long as possible. Who it should be is the winner of Sean Brady vs chiesa or maybe Neil magny who never used to mind a short notice fight 

* Edited at 10.31.2021, 2:23 PM ET *

Spudgreg
Spudgreg
  • Predictions:  2,453  |  60.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,728

10.31.2021 | 5:29 PM ET

Thought of a better matchup, Gilbert burns 
Hyrm
Hyrm
  • Predictions:  6,153  |  64.2%
  • Forum Posts:  3,261

10.31.2021 | 6:04 PM ET

If you want to test him, Burns or Edwards or Covingtona after he lose.

If you want him  to crash someone for a title shot, Nate Diaz or Thompson

"Never go down without a fight"

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,804  |  66.9%
  • Forum Posts:  7,588
  • Post Score: 261

10.31.2021 | 11:48 PM ET

I think Khamzat will have issue with anyone who can survive his onslaught, Khamzat will most likely gas by the 3rd round, His grappling style be the most cardio ineffecent style they're is, For example Khamzat lifted the Leech up in the air and just held him their for a few seconds.They're a reason why people don't do it often, That **** tiring, People can dislike this post all they want, But it phycally impossble to kept his pace for 15 minute, It just is

But to be fair to Khamzat, He never gone past 6 minute, So it working, But he fighting people with clear grappling defficie,  But I think he clearly lose to Usman and Covinton, Most likely lose to Edwards, Masvidal and Vicente and Burns. All this guy will bring resitance to Khamzat Grappling, And gas him out.

But i do think if  Khamzat could be a monster if he use more cardio friendly techiniqes, And it be a pretty easy fix

* Edited at 10.31.2021, 11:57 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

rizzkhunt
rizzkhunt
  • Predictions:  1,165  |  64.4%
  • Forum Posts:  3
  • Post Score: 333

11.01.2021 | 3:31 AM ET

There's no way on earth Nate takes that fight, his stupid, but not that stupid he would get absolutely dominated.

* Edited at 11.01.2021, 3:41 AM ET *

rizzkhunt
rizzkhunt
  • Predictions:  1,165  |  64.4%
  • Forum Posts:  3
  • Post Score: 333

11.01.2021 | 3:37 AM ET

If Leon Edwards wins against Jorge there's no way he doesnt deserve or get a title shot, he's paid his dues. It's just unfortunate because the way Chimaev has won his four fights (insanely dominant) and only been hit once is crazy. i think given that fact if Chimaev got the next title shot no one would complain. 

The edwards issue realistically means his one fight away from a title shot, he just cant skip the line. I think it has to be Burns, the fact Burns has lost to Usman already puts him in a weird position, especially if Usman beats colby again, burns will be the odd man out, and would need to make a huge statement like beating chimaev.  Its just a matter of burns being willing to sign the contract.

* Edited at 11.01.2021, 4:38 AM ET *

FistyMcKickerChoke
FistyMcKickerChoke
  • Predictions:  29,818  |  80.8%
  • Forum Posts:  4,559
  • Post Score: 236

11.01.2021 | 4:49 PM ET

Neil Magny said in a recent interview he had an opponent fall through for a December fight, and wants Chimaev to step in. I think Neil would get manhandled and owned, but he has massive balls for the callout.

"Throughout my career I've learned that "If you win you're the ****, if you lose it's bad." - Bruno "Blindadao" Silva"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• UFC.com : Adrian Yanez Is Searching For More
  • Middle Easy : Patchy Mix Defeats Magomed Magomedov Via Split Decision, Retains Bantamweight Title – Bellator: Paris Results (Highlights)
  • MMA Junkie : Tyson Fury vs. Oleksandr Usyk undisputed title fight is 'something very, very significant'
  • MMA Mania : UFC Fighters Fail To Crack Forbes ‘Highest-Paid’ List
  • MMA Junkie : Bellator Champions Series results: Cedric Doumbe makes quick work of Jaleel Willis to set up Anthony Pettis showdown
  • MMAFighting.com : Bellator Paris video: Cedric Doumbe demolishes Jaleel Willis in first round, faces off with Anthony Pettis
  • Middle Easy : Cédric Doumbé Returns to Win Column, Smashes Jaleel Willis in Opening Round – Bellator: Paris Results (Highlights)
  • MMAFighting.com : Bellator Paris live blog: Patchy Mix vs. Magomed Magomedov 2
  • MMA Junkie : Bellator Champions Series video: Costello van Steenis puts Gregory Babene to sleep with Von Flue choke
  • MMA Junkie : Bellator video: Costello van Steenis puts Gregory Babene to sleep with Von Flue choke
  • UFC.com : This Fight Is About Redemption For Tom Nolan
  • MMAFighting.com : Gabi Garcia’s MMA return off in wake of Brazil floods
  • MMA Junkie : Leon Edwards vs. Belal Muhammad 2: Odds and what to know ahead of UFC 304 main event
  • Bad Left Hook : William Zepeda vs Giovanni Cabrera official for July 6
  • MMAFighting.com : Bellator Paris live blog: Cedric Doumbe vs. Jaleel Willis
  • Bad Left Hook : Fury lightest since 2019, Usyk a career high on scales
  • Bad Left Hook : Tyson Fury lightest since 2019, Oleksandr Usyk a career high on scales
  • MMA Junkie : Jon Jones won't be surprised if Curtis Blaydes beats Tom Aspinall at UFC 304: 'Dude prematurely drinking his own Kool-Aid'
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch Patchy Mix propose to UFC’s Tatiana Suarez ahead of Bellator Paris
  • UFC.com : Vanessa Demopoulos: 'I Have A Fire Inside Of Me'