Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Makhachev vs. Green

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,244
  • Post Score: 47

10.14.2021 | 10:36 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
Bout   Info
Islam Makhachev   defeats   Bobby Green   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   3:23 Round 1 of 5 Bout Page
Wellington Turman   defeats   Misha Cirkunov   via Submission, Armbar   1:29 Round 2 of 3, 6:29 Total Bout Page
Priscila Cachoeira   defeats   Ji Yeon Kim   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Arman Tsarukyan   defeats   Joel Alvarez   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   1:57 Round 2 of 3, 6:57 Total Bout Page
Armen Petrosyan   defeats   Gregory Rodrigues   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Ignacio Bahamondes   defeats   Zhu Rongzhu   via Submission, Brabo Choke   1:40 Round 3 of 3, 11:40 Total Bout Page
Josiane Nunes   defeats   Ramona Pascual   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Terrance McKinney   defeats   Fares Ziam   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   2:11 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Jonathan Martinez   defeats   Alejandro Perez   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Ramiz Brahimaj   defeats   Micheal Gillmore   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   2:02 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Carlos Hernandez   defeats   Victor Altamirano   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 12

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  16,163  |  67.3%
  • Forum Posts:  32,233
  • Post Score: 88

02.20.2022 | 7:47 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 390 Points   |   Tied for 2222nd

Bobby “goat” green will finish islam 

* Edited at 02.20.2022, 7:47 PM ET *

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

RawDogMMA
RawDogMMA
  • Predictions:  1,867  |  64.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5
  • Post Score: 200

02.20.2022 | 8:52 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 465 Points   |   Tied for 998th

What do people think the line will be on an Islam submission? Hoping for even money.

"Speculate to Accumulate "

RustyTennakoon
RustyTennakoon
  • Predictions:  1,477  |  68.0%
  • Forum Posts:  2,826
  • Post Score: 141

02.20.2022 | 9:15 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 475 Points   |   Tied for 841st

Hard card to pick and bet on, will do some tape study and put out picks end of the week.

One thing is for sure, if anyone thinks Bobby Green has even a slight chance against Islam if he fights sensibly, they are deluded. This fight will go on as long as Makhachev wants it to, and then it will be over.

Just like people did not realize how good Khamzat or Shavkhat were at the beginning, a lot of people still don't realize how good Makhachev is. Bottom line is that he could well be better than Khabib. 

Whoever is saying that Green stands a chance because of his wrestling don't know what they are talking about. This will not be close on the ground. 

The only worry about him is that like Khabib, he sometimes likes to test himself with stand up, and that is a very bad idea against Bobby who is absolutely superb with his striking. However he does not have KO power and I cant see this staying on the feet for long.

Also as good as Alvarez is I think he has no chance against Arman. The odds are very very tempting, but the truth is that though Alvarez is very very good, he will not be able to control where this fight takes place. And on the ground Arman is not going to get subbed, no matter how good Alvarez's BJJ off his back is. Even when it comes to striking Arman is better, though he does not have the same power.

Arman and Makhachev are locks. 
RustyTennakoon
RustyTennakoon

02.20.2022 | 9:22 PM ET

@depmode33

I think you can be pretty confident in a Makhachev submission.

On the ground the better grappler will win, though a high level wrestler will often defend submissions and beat the grappler right? Makhachev is both of those things, the much much better wrestler and the better grappler.

I know he often controls position a lot first, but if there is a submission to be had then Makhachev will find it or create it. 

I don't think people understand yet how truly special he is, and I think it will take time for that realization to sink in, just like it did with Khamzat.
DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,792  |  66.9%
  • Forum Posts:  7,564
  • Post Score: 262

02.20.2022 | 10:01 PM ET

Joselebo

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 375 Points   |   Tied for 2397th

Wow, Bringing up the sexist card, Catcharia vs Kim is a bad fight because it's a bad fight, Not because what between there legs, I like next week women fights (UFC 272) as  they are actually good fight, And they not good fight because they have ******s, They are good fight because they are good fight,

I hate when people bring up gender or race when it don't need to be brought up, It just stupid, both side of the politcal isle does this, Also people do get pissed off when low level  heavyweight are like co-main, What rock are you living under

"Quack quack quack"

depmode33
depmode33
  • Predictions:  248  |  57.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,383
  • Post Score: 183

02.20.2022 | 10:07 PM ET

Predictions: 3 of 6 Winners, 2 Perfect, 225 Points   |   Tied for 3384th

@Rusty, what about Ramiz Brahimaj to win by finish? Petroski had his way with him in terms of grappling and came very close to tapping him multiple times throughout the fight.  Ramiz should have his way too right?  
AndresMontana
AndresMontana
  • Predictions:  2,881  |  74.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,209
  • Post Score: -6

02.20.2022 | 10:24 PM ET

DamienHande420

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 440 Points   |   Tied for 1322nd

Take it easy mf, if you get Angry so easy it could be by JoseLobo was right. All of us are agree in Joel VS Tsarukyan is the second most important fight in the card,but in this forum Many of you have that small **** energy, Specially with the woman.
No one here gives his opinion with full respect,  most of you are trash, is easy to Know that fact in the way like you talk. But hey keep that way in your life if you re happy, but I really doubt about it. 
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 4 months, 2 weeks, 3 days, 7 hours, and 10 minutes from now.
Hexford
Hexford
  • Predictions:  4,755  |  65.2%
  • Forum Posts:  138
  • Post Score: 110

02.20.2022 | 10:45 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 350 Points   |   Tied for 2682nd

Makhachev will start the fight with a few kicks and when he puts Green on his back foot, he will set up a single leg with a jab set and take Green. Green often does that shoulder and insulates the front leg, keeps a wide stance and is quite open to single leg. He is quite physically superior, I think that if Green defends the single, he will immediately switch to trips, dumps that work great from clinch. While Green does a lot of scramble and turns his back, I think Makhachev will use the moment to take his back and end the fight with RNC. The only chance for Green is to greet him with her knee to the head as he enters.

Makhachev RD2 Submission
Sabbath
Sabbath
  • Predictions:  1,885  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  2,496
  • Post Score: 240

02.20.2022 | 11:28 PM ET

****, wrong forum 🗿

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 5 Perfect, 465 Points   |   1057th Place

* Edited at 02.20.2022, 11:31 PM ET *

"My teachings always come with a receipt because I am the profit."

CrimsonChinGuru
CrimsonChinGuru
  • Predictions:  3,146  |  64.1%
  • Forum Posts:  10,572
  • Post Score: 108

02.21.2022 | 2:17 AM ET

Predictions: 9 of 11 Winners, 4 Perfect, 590 Points   |   Tied for 85th

I love Rusty's awfully horrible takes and he words it as if people come to him for fight insight. Tapology is the best.

"They killed Jesus for speaking the truth..."

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

02.21.2022 | 2:40 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 465 Points   |   Tied for 927th

@Rusty I think Alvarez is a great value dog but yeah, he's not free money. One thing I will say is that Tsarukyan's grappling is overrated. He got controlled pretty comfortably by Giagos before things shifted and went his way. He does fade if forced to grapple hard. He's pretty Greco heavy and his neck will be there. His grappling really wasn't competitive at all with Makhachev after R1.

I'm not sure Alvarez has enough to hold his offensive grappling off but yeah, I'm pretty sure if he' gets the position Giagos had he'll put him to sleep. That's a big if though. On the feet I don't see a huge divide. It's a close fight.  Alvarez has better coditioning. I can see him snatching up Tsarukyan in stuff and really forcing him to burn gas. Honestly I think it depends on whether or not Joel ends up on top or not.

Most likely outcome is Tsarukyan by dec.

* Edited at 02.21.2022, 2:50 AM ET *

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,792  |  66.9%
  • Forum Posts:  7,564
  • Post Score: 262

02.21.2022 | 3:33 AM ET

Andreasmontana

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 375 Points   |   Tied for 2397th

Honesly, having a Tony Montana profile pic and using the phase small **** energy unironicly is the definition of small **** energy, You have to be trolling right because if your not, you last post is just sad

pretending to be a tough man online is what a beta would do

* Edited at 02.21.2022, 3:51 AM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

RustyTennakoon
RustyTennakoon

02.21.2022 | 4:10 AM ET

@Baldric Eggling

You make good points bro. Do you think the weight cut will affect Alvarez? He is massive. And he definitely has more power on the feet. As a rule I never bet on value, and I really really like Arman but the 3:1 dog odds are very tempting because as you say Alvarez is legit.

RustyTennakoon
RustyTennakoon

02.21.2022 | 4:12 AM ET

@CrimsonChinGuru

lol its all good man. I am just putting out my thoughts. Not saying my picks are better than anyone elses. And I take a lot of tips and leans from other people.
RustyTennakoon
RustyTennakoon

02.21.2022 | 4:18 AM ET

@depmode33

I think Brahimaj by sub is a really good bet.

I have been high on Brahimaj for some time now, and he has made me look like a fool more than once.

The main problem with him (apart from being at Fortis with their genius fight strategies) is that he sometimes just does not do what will win him a fight.

I have always thought his offensive BJJ is extremely good and his offensive wrestling is great too.

The problem is he does not have good defensive wrestling or take down defence. And his cardio is questionable. His striking isn't too bad though if he tries to keep this on the feet against Gilmore I will be tearing out my hair,

He should be ashamed of his last performance and will hopefully come out and immediately grapple, if he does that I think one take down will be enough to finish Gilmore. So I think thats a really good bet.

If he stays on the feet with Gilmore I think we will be able to collect his head from behind row 3.

I am picking him as one of my best plays on the card though, and will be parlaying him a lot.

* Edited at 02.21.2022, 4:20 AM ET *

JohnVolcan
JohnVolcan
  • Predictions:  5,334  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  624
  • Post Score: 235

02.21.2022 | 4:35 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 5 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 290 Points   |   Tied for 3128th

Makhachev vs. Green
Bobby Green, TKO, R4
I understand why Makhachev is the favourite of course, but I really like Bobby Green chances here. Green has underated grappling skills, and he will be difficult to take down, and to hold there. His striking and confidance is looking better than ever, and his cardio is always on point, wich is an important factor in a 5 rounds battle against two good chins. Makhachev is a monster, but really, except Hooker, his best wins aren't against top level fighters. Green wins over Iaquinta, Vannata, Guida and even his close and competitive loss against Fiziev (what a fight it was), are more impressive to me. Fascinating main event.

Cirkunov vs. Turman
Misha Cirkunov, SUB, R1
Before Volkan Oezdemir knocked him out cold with a weird short punch, Cirkunov looked like a very serious title challenger... Now he's just losing to unranked competition a weight class lower, just hopping the UFC doesn't throw him to the Bellator sunset. At this point, it would probably be his best chance of finishing his career on a high note, as he clearly has the talent to be a champ in other promotions.

McKinney vs. Ziam
Fares Ziam, DEC
I'm a little surprised McKinney is such a big favourite to beat Ziam. I wouldn't bet on that fight, but Ziam is a very patient and technical striker with decent TDD, he can avoid being hit while scoring points for 2 good rounds, then... His cardio fails him and he has to survive the last round to win a decision. I don't know if that will be enough against the top 10, but for now he should have a fair bit of success. And he's still young enough to improve from fights to fights.

"Check my ART here if you want : https://www.instagram.com/john.volcan/"

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

02.21.2022 | 6:39 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 465 Points   |   Tied for 927th

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

addounsamiyoucef
addounsamiyoucef
  • Predictions:  31  |  51.6%
  • Forum Posts:  117
  • Post Score: -265

02.21.2022 | 6:42 AM ET

if moises can take you down and beat you makhachev will smoke green 
This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 4 months, 2 weeks, 11 hours, and 13 minutes from now.
addounsamiyoucef
addounsamiyoucef

02.21.2022 | 6:43 AM ET

makhachev

islam smoking green isnt a horrible take its soon to be a reality 
This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 4 months, 2 weeks, 11 hours, and 13 minutes from now.
addounsamiyoucef
addounsamiyoucef

02.21.2022 | 6:44 AM ET

lmao

no he wont lol islam will win easy then get the belt 

Page 12

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! McGregor’s Comeback Fight Poster Is A Complete Disaster
  • MMA Mania : ‘I’ll Be Fighting For The Title Next Year’
  • Middle Easy : Chael Sonnen Credits Colby Covington For Ian Garry Troll Job: ‘Some Of His Finest Work’
  • MMA Junkie : Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler UFC 303 poster features yellow yelling faces
  • MMAFighting.com : No Bets Barred: Can Derrick Lewis deliver another knockout at UFC St. Louis?
  • MMA Junkie : Robelis Despaigne sees himself fighting for UFC heavyweight title in 2025
  • MMA Mania : ‘You’re Not A Real Man!’ Sterling And O’Malley Reignite Rivalry
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 303 poster released showing return of Conor McGregor, Michael Chandler
  • Middle Easy : Arman Tsarukyan’s Coach Doesn’t Believe #1 Contender Is Ready To Dethrone Islam Makhachev
  • MMA Junkie : Adrian Yanez sees UFC Fight Night 241 as 'do or die,' says training with Diego Lopes reignited love for MMA
  • MMAFighting.com : Sydney Sweeney to portray boxing legend Christy Martin in upcoming biopic
  • MMA Mania : Video: Assuncao Spits On Opponent After BJJ Match Controversy
  • UFC.com : Meet Feathereright Bekhzod Usmonov | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • UFC.com : Meet Middleweight Giannis Bachar | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • Middle Easy : Jan Blachowicz Believes He Deserves a Rematch with Alex Pereira: ‘He is Not a Better Fighter Than Me’
  • MMA Junkie : After resting his body and brain, UFC's Beneil Dariush targets end of summer return
  • MMAFighting.com : Aljamain Sterling, Sean O’Malley’s coach erupt into fiery argument after new video emerges
  • UFC.com : Meet Featherweight Nathan Fletcher | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Shevchenko vs Team Grasso
  • UFC.com : Meet Middleweight Paddy McCorey | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • UFC.com : The Octagon