Tapology Forums

The Miscellaneous Thread

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,828  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,653
  • Post Score: 261

12.21.2020 | 8:19 PM ET

This Thread Is a Thread where you can post what ever you want from  **** posting to crazy stuff . Any topic MMA related to what ever you want to talk. Try and not be toxic arsehole. And one rule No Politic allowed because that what made people ****s

Let me Start, I find it insane it like 4 days to Chrismas , Im suprise it so close to the end of the Year,  Fells like Junes.Anyone have anything cool plan for Chrissy, I’m probley just gonna mess around at the gym 

* Edited at 12.21.2020, 8:52 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Page 719

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  42,053  |  69.3%
  • Forum Posts:  7,403
  • Post Score: 286

03.07.2023 | 4:31 PM ET

@Sabbath

Why? I recon being over here in London, I'm far enough away that I could **** with them a little for my own amusement!

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

Sabbath
Sabbath
  • Predictions:  1,924  |  63.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,554
  • Post Score: 239

03.07.2023 | 5:38 PM ET

Stephen Terry

I worked with them for a month. Most disorganized, unprofessional, ************* job I’ve ever had the displeasure of being a part of. They avoided paying me for the entirety of my employment, and when I asked for contact with HR, they said “There needs to be a manager to give you that approval” which is complete and utter bollocks. I literally had to track Human Resources down just to find out where my money went, and when I told them what had been going on, they were utterly flabbergasted. I’m still trying to get my paycheck atm.

Sadly they’re a rather large chain in multiple different states and there are tons of online reviews of former employees who had very similar misfortunes laid upon them. I’d rather work in Auschwitz’s, at least they would pay me. 

* Edited at 03.07.2023, 5:43 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 6 days, 12 hours, and 26 minutes from now.
Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

03.07.2023 | 5:56 PM ET

@Sabbath

Sucks to hear that! I know I'm probably being a bit stereotypical about American suing culture here but as it seems to be easier to sue over in the US, is that an option you could consider and get your money that way? As long as you've still got records of your employment there, then I'd assume it would be a fairly straightforward case. Hell, even over here, a case like this sounds like the bread and butter of small claims courts. 

* Edited at 03.07.2023, 5:56 PM ET *

Sabbath
Sabbath

03.07.2023 | 6:16 PM ET

Stephen Terry

I’m honestly not sure my case would qualify for a court preceding as there are a lot of grey moral areas in which someone could slither out of responsibility like this. I had actually done this for another employer who ****** me over as well and was clearly doing illegal **** behind the scenes, but because there was no concrete evidence aside from my word and several other employees’ word against his, all it did was warrant a brief search by state officials and then nothing but silence.

You gotta understand, I live in the ****** half of North Carolina. There are very few competent leaders here. Any of the good ones left to the good half (Apex and Raleigh specifically) so as a result every business down here just grabs whoever they can, regardless of their actual qualifications, in hopes they will fill the role until by some miracle someone who is actually qualified can step in for the role. My girlfriend actually suffers the same situation, her boss straight up takes hours out of her ******* paycheck. As blatantly illegal as it can get. She has called HR multiple times, but her boss never gets fired because HR is designed to protect their businesses. They can’t drop her because she’s the placeholder until someone good comes along, otherwise they have no one. 

In other words, even if I sought help within my area, it would likely fall on deaf ears. I would have to drive three hours out of my town just to get to a decent audience in court, granted it doesn’t end up being dragged out for months, or potentially years. 
This user is suspended from posting until 6 days, 12 hours, and 26 minutes from now.
Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

03.07.2023 | 8:01 PM ET

@Sabbath

Jesus, even in Croydon, that **** wouldn't fly! Well, at least not without causing a riot anyway. I suppose it's best to just report them and keep an eye out for any legal help that might be around.

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick
  • Predictions:  9,765  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,795
  • Post Score: 273

03.08.2023 | 10:14 AM ET

Random fact, take a look at who John Dodson has fought and beaten, I remember him TKO'ing Dillasnake, the dude has 13 losses in total ALL by decision and has fought since 2004. That's unreal IMO. 

"For no particular reason beat up everyone"

CheckLeftHook
CheckLeftHook
  • Predictions:  2,451  |  56.7%
  • Forum Posts:  6,072
  • Post Score: 171

03.08.2023 | 10:23 AM ET

cant believe there is an international day celebrating bad drivers smh

"Through the Gates of Hell"

FistyMcKickerChoke
FistyMcKickerChoke
  • Predictions:  29,971  |  80.8%
  • Forum Posts:  4,565
  • Post Score: 236

03.08.2023 | 12:00 PM ET

Dodson is an absolute menace, have you seen him demolishing people in bkfc now? So awesome, what a legend

"Throughout my career I've learned that "If you win you're the ****, if you lose it's bad." - Bruno "Blindadao" Silva"

PiggyBank
PiggyBank
  • Predictions:  1,252  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  722
  • Post Score: 259

03.08.2023 | 2:05 PM ET

"i "Pick ⛏ Up Truck" all the events on Tapology ! | empty walls of Tapology.... | I don't give a flying F16... | keep ****posting about me... | Get Your Mind Out Of The Gutter... | L☻L | @TARTARABLESS | just let me know... !?"

Sabbath
Sabbath

03.08.2023 | 2:44 PM ET

flying_frontkick

Dodson is quite the human anomaly. Damn near impossible to knock out, is the only flyweight that comes close in matching Demetrious’s speed, and has some of the best takedown defense I’ve ever seen. I love fighters who clearly aren’t the best overall talent, but are the best at their specific niche.

Also, just cause John got brought up, I’d like to talk about one of my most favorite obscure MMA trivia. The promotion ‘Nemesis Fighting: MMA Global Promotion’ is one of the biggest ****shows you’ve never heard of. You name anything that could go wrong at a promotion, and it went wrong. Unpaid fighters, poor ring lighting, greasing, tons of lawsuits, the ******* US Secret Service got involved…One guy got thrown out the goddamn cage door in the middle of the fight at one point. They didn’t even have a timer, some guy just used a stop clock on his phone to keep track of the match. Dodson was on the card and he openly stated his fight was at least “17 to 18 minutes long” and that “they didn’t organize it well at all”

* Edited at 03.08.2023, 2:51 PM ET *

FistyMcKickerChoke
FistyMcKickerChoke
  • Predictions:  29,971  |  80.8%
  • Forum Posts:  4,565
  • Post Score: 236

03.08.2023 | 3:43 PM ET

@sabbath that sounds hilarious, where can we read more about this ****show?

"Throughout my career I've learned that "If you win you're the ****, if you lose it's bad." - Bruno "Blindadao" Silva"

Sabbath
Sabbath

03.08.2023 | 4:26 PM ET

FistyMcKickerChoke

Sadly it’s obscure for a reason. The only information you can find about it conveniently is a brief interview with Dodson and surprisingly, a Wikipedia article. One of the reasons you’ve never heard about it is because they were unable to stream the event, even though they said they were going to. All we have to go off of these shenanigans is to take the word of mouth from the people that were there.

That really is the biggest tragedy of this event, that it wasn’t recorded for us all to get a good laugh at. Here’s the Wikipedia article btw:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nemesis_Fighting:_MMA_Global_Invasion

* Edited at 03.08.2023, 4:27 PM ET *

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  16,785  |  67.2%
  • Forum Posts:  33,029
  • Post Score: 91

03.08.2023 | 6:26 PM ET

https://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Dominican-Disaster-28866

Decided to look into this and found a sherdog article on the subject

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

Sabbath
Sabbath

03.08.2023 | 6:54 PM ET

AyyLmaonnaise

Yeah, I feel bad for the fighters, getting paid jack **** after working your ass off is an all too familiar feeling of despair I have myself.

I think one of the more interesting things about this **** show of a card is that, according to accounts of the fighters and the ‘ProMMANow’ article, the fight card was pretty fun. But because it was never streamed, all we have is witness account to go off of. Makes the lack of footage all the more infuriating.

https://prommanow.com/2010/12/23/exclusive-nemesis-fighting-promoter-responds-to-unpaid-fighter-scandal/

* Edited at 03.08.2023, 6:55 PM ET *

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

03.08.2023 | 8:14 PM ET

@Sabbath

Some regional UK MMA promotions are like that lol! Particularly, it reminded me of a promotor called Ashan Gilani who I had to try and deal with when I was an editor on here. I'm too tired to go into a lot of detail right now but there were always problems with his shows. The timing of rounds being off wasn't unusual but the main thing was that he managed quite a few fighters as well. This isn't unusual and happens a fair bit in MMA but in his case, there were quite a few occasions where he'd set them up with known jobbers and if I recall correctly, on one occasion, actually refed a fight that one of his fighters was in! There was another time when he directly told me that one of the fights on the card didn't happen despite the fact that I'd already watched it and sure enough, it was a fight where one of his guys got knocked the **** out! When I responded with the link to the fight, he changed his tune to having "forgotten" about that fight! I'd have to do a bit of digging to try and find certain names and shows but it wasn't just him, he was just one of many sketchy promotors in the UK. Over the last year or so, it seems to have gotten a bit better with some decent (or at least somewhat consistent) promotions putting on shows but at the amateur/early pro stage, there are still quite a few problems. I'm in a WhatsApp group with a few past and current Tapology editors and we were having a chat about the state of the scene last week after one of them shared this tweet from Tapology's own Steven Kelliher which may be being a little harsh but he's certainly not wrong.

https://twitter.com/Steven_Kelliher/status/1631888772940824576

Having said all that, it was great fun to look into when I was an editor here and I'd gladly do it again if I had the time. Maybe one day if I manage to get a job with less hours then maybe. 

@Gregory Apologies if I shared a bit too much about my experiences in this post. Despite saying I was too tired, I still ended up writing more than I intended to about the UK MMA scene.

Sabbath
Sabbath

03.08.2023 | 9:15 PM ET

Stephen Terry

Happens all the ******* time. Jordan Wright, The Cosce Brothers and even Giga Chikadze got where they are because of super suspect regional match making. Thing that really gets under my skin is thinking they can genuinely be champions in a major league by beating up a bunch of schmucks. That’s not how that works dude, I’m kind of baffled that needs to be elaborated on in any facet.

Someone seriously needs to make a documentary on ‘Divers’ (my personal term for fighters with absurd losing records who show up just to lose) I would love to hear how exactly this incredibly shady business benefits them in any regard.
Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,264  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  6,250
  • Post Score: 331

03.08.2023 | 9:36 PM ET

@Sabbath, that is not entirely true. While the example you said does happen. There is another reason for that.

Often with local shows, rumors go around of other prospects. Local fighters know which fighter is a big upcoming fighter and basically at that point it almost becomes impossible for the rising fighter to get a fight booked. Other fighters on their level are not looking to get snuffed out early in their career and loose any chance at booking at a larger promotion.

Now you look at the Cosce Brothers. Funny story, someone was actually talking **** on one of the brothers record and he appeared on Tapology forums to rip the guy a new ******* immediately after his contender series fight in that thread. And this is something i know personally from regional fighters in my area. 

Now lets say your a big time local wrestler and want to move to mma. You cant get a fight booked to save your ass. Literally the only people willing to fight you are those scrubs/bums we all love to rip on. They literally have no choice to fight that level of opponent because they are they only ones willing to accept fights with them.

Now we all know fighters who pad records, there are many, but there is a more realistic reason why very talented fighters have to fight scrubs. Who would even try Bo Nickal on the regional scene with any future aspirations of the UFC. Nobody with 2 functioning brain cells would do that.

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

03.08.2023 | 9:40 PM ET

@Sabbath

Quite simply, these jobbers or divers as you call them work full time in normal jobs and are friends with promotors who say "Hey bro, I've got this star who I want to promote and/or my main ticket seller's original opponant has dropped out last minute and we need to keep him on the card so how about if you show up and eat a tame jab, go down and cover up and/or let him grapple you and tap quickly, I'll give you a couple hundred quid for your troubles?" 

I doubt the conversations are that blunt but there's certainly a gentlemen's agreement of sorts in place. They don't care about the integrity of the sport, it's simply another way of earing some cash. 

* Edited at 03.08.2023, 9:41 PM ET *

Cheeseball
Cheeseball
  • Predictions:  13,305  |  71.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,948
  • Post Score: 247

03.08.2023 | 9:44 PM ET

Found him lol.

"🌽⚽️"

Sabbath
Sabbath

03.08.2023 | 9:45 PM ET

Xconchris

That’s fascinating. I didn’t really think of it like that. I suppose I’m stuck in my ways a little, where back then there was so little talent in MMA that you either fought bums until you came across the best, or just fought good fighters right off the back. Now, MMA struggles to find mainstream relevancy, but there’s a lot more variety of fighters than it was in the past, and many more options of entry. It’s kind of cool, but also frustrating as a person who wants authentic, no ******** skill to shine above all else. I desensitized to undefeated records, they don’t mean **** all to me anymore, but they mean a lot to the UFC and I guess that’s all that really matters. 

Page 719

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• UFC Fight Night Tapology coverage is now live
  • Thiago Moisés vs. Ľudovít Klein - Round 2 is in progress.
  • Join the UFC Fight Night live discussion
  • Tapology Picks: Thiago Moisés 35% Ľudovít Klein 65%
  • Thiago Moisés (18-7-0) SP, BR is the #22nd Top Lightweight MMA fighter.
  • Ľudovít "Mr. Highlight" Klein (21-4-1) SK is the #29th Top Lightweight MMA fighter.
  • UFC Fight Night features 14 MMA bouts
  • The event takes place from KFC Yum! Center in Louisville, Kentucky