Topic: UFC on ABC 2

UFC on ABC 2: Vettori vs. Holland

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,945
  • Post Score: 46

12.21.2020 | 1:13 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC on ABC 2
  • Saturday 04.10.2021 at 11:30 AM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ABC | Prelims: ESPN+
  • Name: UFC on ABC 2: Vettori vs. Holland
  • Also Known As: UFC Vegas 23
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: UFC APEX
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Daniel Cormier, Dominick Cruz
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Interviews: Daniel Cormier | Backstage: Megan Olivi
  • TV Ratings: 859,000 avg. viewers (377k ESPN prelims)
  • MMA Bouts: 13
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Marvin Vettori   defeats   Kevin Holland   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Arnold Allen   defeats   Sodiq Yusuff   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Julian Marquez   defeats   Sam Alvey   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   2:07 Round 2 of 3, 7:07 Total Bout Page
Mackenzie Dern   defeats   Nina Nunes   via Submission, Armbar   4:48 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Daniel Rodriguez   defeats   Mike Perry   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Joe Solecki   defeats   Jim Miller   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Mateusz Gamrot   defeats   Scott Holtzman   via KO/TKO, Punch to Ground and Pound   1:22 Round 2 of 3, 6:22 Total Bout Page
John Makdessi   defeats   Ignacio Bahamondes   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Jarjis Danho   defeats   Yorgan De Castro   via KO/TKO, Right Hook   3:02 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Jack Shore   defeats   Hunter Azure   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Luis Saldaña   defeats   Jordan Griffin   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Da Un Jung   defeats   William Knight   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Impa Kasanganay   defeats   Sasha Palatnikov   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   0:26 Round 2 of 3, 5:26 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 18

FistyMcKickerChoke
FistyMcKickerChoke
  • Predictions:  30,185  |  80.9%
  • Forum Posts:  4,565
  • Post Score: 236

04.10.2021 | 9:41 AM ET

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 505 Points   |   Tied for 1813th

Even though I picked sub I hope Dern gets a blistering KO today

"Throughout my career I've learned that "If you win you're the ****, if you lose it's bad." - Bruno "Blindadao" Silva"

VicVinegar
VicVinegar
  • Predictions:  1,862  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  97
  • Post Score: 245

04.10.2021 | 9:46 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 425 Points   |   Tied for 2483rd

Perry vs. Rodriguez
Mike Perry, TKO, R2
This is potential FOTN for sure. Both these dudes bang and I can't wait to watch this one. D-Rod is very well rounded, he has great boxing, straight, crisp punches with some nice pop and he's a brown belt I believe in the 10th planet system so he is legit on the ground. Mike Perry is legendary for several things, one of them fighting. He has underrated grappling and he his crazy power. Mike looks so much more focused and ready to go after the move to MMA masters and the birth of his son. The fact that D-Rod lost to Dalby makes me feel not so good about his chances against a more focused Mike Perry. I think Perry finishes D-Rod in the second round with strikes.

Miller vs. Solecki
Joe Solecki, DEC
If you love grappling this will be a must watch. Solecki is the new breed grappler with some really impressive, dominant wins on his resume thus far and Jim Miller is a ******* legend. 18 career wins by submission, he had a crazy winning streak back in the day and fell off after contracting lyme disease. He has it under control now and is still as dangerous as he ever was on the ground. I'll be devastated if this is a striking match because it will be such a treat to see these two grapple. Miller is so dangerous in the 1st round but if Joe survives the first I think his conditioning and youth make the difference as his gas tank should surely be better than Millers at this point in their respective careers. I'm picking Solecki by decision but a 3rd round prop bet on Solecki could be a cheeky way to get a nice return on a sprinkle bet.

"I fell in love with the box" Renato Moicano

Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,308  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  6,283
  • Post Score: 332

04.10.2021 | 9:53 AM ET

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 6 Perfect, 600 Points   |   Tied for 886th

@phillip. People pay to watch UFC?

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

VicVinegar
VicVinegar

04.10.2021 | 9:54 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Holtzman vs. Gamrot
Mateusz Gamrot, DEC
A couple of wrestle-boxers here. Gamrot is 7 years younger and has a 1 inch reach advantage here. Does Holtzman's experience and power advantage make the difference or will it be Gamrot's youth, suffocating chain wrestling and grit? Holtzmans losses in the UFC are all to studs (Dober, Dariush, Lentz and Emmett). Is Gamrot the type of fighter that fits into that group? I'm not sure. I wouldnt feel safe laying those odds on him in this spot even though he's younger and a better wrestler. I would, however, feel even worse betting a 37 year old against an agressive wrestler with a great gas tank like Gamrot so the pick is Gamrot by decision with no bet here.

BradThom717
BradThom717
  • Predictions:  9,528  |  68.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,387
  • Post Score: 271

04.10.2021 | 9:55 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 4 Perfect, 590 Points   |   Tied for 999th

Vettori vs. Holland
Kevin Holland, DEC
I cant believe I'm doing this.... But Holland's size is just such an advantage. 7 inch reach advantage... Come on. Movement and Jabs. Stop the takedown. Get the win. It's just will he do it? Will he actually fight to his potential. That's the question. Also calling a Decision. Vettori is such a meathead, I don't think Holland can put him away.

Allen vs. Yusuff
Arnold Allen, DEC
Arnold Allen is criminally underrated and under-appreciated. One of the worst cases I can think of..... My pick for Fight of the Night.

Nunes vs. Dern
Mackenzie Dern, SUB, R1
Ahhhhh ha. Nina finally taking her husbands last name. How adorable is that. Ok now lets have Dern strangle the **** outta her. Nina isn't very good. Mackenzie is probably even the better striker. As hard as that is to imagine.

Miller vs. Solecki
Joe Solecki, DEC
-260 on Solecki? Wasn't expecting that.

De Castro vs. Danho
Yorgan De Castro, TKO, R1
This is about as big a "gimme fight" as the UFC could put together to get De Castro back in the win column. Danho is about as trash as they come. And the only reason, And I mean thee only reasons he picked up 5 wins prior to the UFC was because of his size and power. THATS IT. No technique. No skill. No nothing. Like he's below the bottom of the barrel. He's underneath the whole barrel. He's not even in the barrel. And then you add a 4.5 year ******* layoff, probably did absolutely nothing to learn some actual technical skills, further diminishing any such skillset. Yea, De Castro by R1 KO.. And if Danho survives the 1st, De Castro NEEDS to continue to enage. Let go of the "One Round Fighter" mantra. Like he did in the Hardy fight. Threw about 35 some significant shots in R1, then only threw maybe 20 shots over the next 2 rounds. Losing the fight in the process.

Kasanganay vs. Palatnikov
Impa Kasanganay, DEC
Impa making his very first cut in his entire career. We get to see how he reacts to that. I think 170 is probably where he shoulda been, but we'll see.

"**** Fentanyl & **** Opiates too..."

Scotty1039
Scotty1039
  • Predictions:  3,531  |  61.9%
  • Forum Posts:  7
  • Post Score: 114

04.10.2021 | 9:57 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 4 Perfect, 480 Points   |   Tied for 2054th

Vettori  |  Decision 0
Allen  |  Decision 0
Marquez  |  KO/TKO  |  Round 2 0
Dern  |  Submission  |  Round 2 0
Rodriguez  |  Decision 0
Solecki  |  Decision 0
Holtzman  |  Decision 0
Bahamondes  |  KO/TKO  |  Round 2 0
De Castro  |  KO/TKO  |  Round 2 0
Azure  |  Decision 0
Griffin  |  Decision 0
Knight  |  Decision 0
Kasanganay  |  Decision
phillip53
phillip53
  • Predictions:  46,368  |  68.2%
  • Forum Posts:  2,399
  • Post Score: 304

04.10.2021 | 9:57 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 4 Perfect, 540 Points   |   Tied for 1542nd

i do pay for fight pass but im about to quit if the ufc isnt going to air non ppv fights there. i dont have cable, i dont watch tv at all. fight pass is basically my only option. 
Tieoken
Tieoken
  • Predictions:  1,977  |  59.0%
  • Forum Posts:  3,620
  • Post Score: 313

04.10.2021 | 10:02 AM ET

Predictions: 5 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 315 Points   |   Tied for 3049th

@Phillip, ******* same. I pay for fight pass because why not, it’s just easier because my work blocks a lot of out of country sites so if I have to watch at the lab I pretty much can only use a legit source. But if they don’t have this on fight pass today I’m gonna unsubscribe and be very salty.

"I’m here to snatch necks and cash checks" - Darrick Minner

VicVinegar
VicVinegar

04.10.2021 | 10:04 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Makdessi vs. Bahamondes
Ignacio Bahamondes, DEC
I'm not sure what to think here, Ignacio is 10 years younger and has a 7 inch reach advantage. His weakness is grappling but Makdessi isnt the type of fighter to exploit that. Makdessi has lost to long strikers before and his UFC wins arent that impressive. I'm taking the youth and length here but the cut down to 155 for Ignacio is a little concerning and he has a couple of pretty bad losses recently that lead me to believe he shouldnt be that much of a favorite but I still dont see Makdessi finding his way inside and out kickboxing a kickboxer who is 10 years younger with a 7 inch reach advantage.

phillip53
phillip53
  • Predictions:  46,368  |  68.2%
  • Forum Posts:  2,399
  • Post Score: 304

04.10.2021 | 10:11 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 4 Perfect, 540 Points   |   Tied for 1542nd

the ufc continues to make it harder and harder to watch fights. watch some on espn, some on espn2 now abc as well, its getting to be more trouble than its worth. especially if you have limited options.
VicVinegar
VicVinegar

04.10.2021 | 10:14 AM ET

Prediction Comments

De Castro vs. Danho
Yorgan De Castro, DEC
I couldnt care less. DeCastro by sleep inducing, low volume decision. Please, for the love of everything thats good about MMA cut both these guys from the UFC.

Shore vs. Azure
Jack Shore, SUB, R3
I'm a big fan of both of these guys, if it stays standing Azure has the better boxing and if it goes to the ground Shore is the more dangerous and suffocating grappler. Shore is relentless with his grappling attack, he has a fantastic gas tank and that will come into play here as we have seen Azure fade as the fight goes on. I think Jack Shore to win in the 3rd at +900 is a cheekly little prop. I like Shore by late submission here.

Saldaña vs. Griffin
Jordan Griffin, DEC
If it stays standing its Saldana, if it goes to the ground Griffin will have the advantage. Two featherweight journeymen with almost 50 combined fights. I think Griffin uses his grappling and wrestling to make Saldana uncomfortable and unable to use his striking and reach advantage. I'm picking Griffin by decision

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,908  |  73.9%
  • Forum Posts:  17,726
  • Post Score: 60

04.10.2021 | 10:15 AM ET

Jingoistic New Predictions

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 6 Perfect, 600 Points   |   Tied for 886th

Miller vs. Solecki
I am sticking with Joe Solecki at -250. He has an amazing knife hand block. Solecki might damage the cutman. Done!

Makdessi vs. Bahamondes
I am with Ignacio Bahamondes at -195. He has a killer hammerlock and a yappy brainbuster. Bahamondes could elevate the TV audience.

De Castro vs. Danho
I am all about Yorgan De Castro at -310. He has an integral inverted atomic drop. De Castro should assault the Octagon. Cash me outside!

Saldaña vs. Griffin
I take Luis Saldaña at -140. He has a zippy inverted atomic drop. Saldaña won't kick the counteragent.

I tap Impa Kasanganay at -300. He has a priceless overhand. Kasanganay won't impair the senses.

Nunes vs. Dern
I am all over Nina Nunes at -140. She has a wondrous double leg flapjack. Nunes isn't about to lock the underdog.

Vettori vs. Holland
I am taking Marvin Vettori at -350. He has a unique inverted facelock. Vettori shall choke the foe.

Perry vs. Rodriguez
I predict Daniel Rodriguez at -145. He has a maniacal fallaway moonsault slam and a zesty spinning back elbow. Rodriguez is gonna limit the ring announcer. Заруби ceбe на носу!

Jung vs. Knight
I appoint Da Un Jung at -135. He has a villainous facebuster and a woebegone lapel choke. Jung will block the performance.

Allen vs. Yusuff
I finger Sodiq Yusuff at -150. He has a nerdy uppercut. Yusuff is about to maintain the achievement.

Shore vs. Azure
I have a crush on Jack Shore at -175. He has a maladapted gas tank. Shore ought to kiss the performance.

Holtzman vs. Gamrot
I like Mateusz Gamrot at -245. He has a noble scissors sweep. Gamrot will likely zonk the achievement.

Alvey vs. Marquez
I choose Julian Marquez at -190. He has a jarring double wrist lock. Marquez could best the opposition.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

VicVinegar
VicVinegar

04.10.2021 | 10:21 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Jung vs. Knight
William Knight, TKO, R1
William Knight, time to change that turrible tapology picture! You keep wearing outfits like that the cops are gonna arrest you for Attempted Leather. Did you see how much bigger Jung is than Knight? That was crazy. I like Knights relentless wrestling attack. I think this is a potential FOTN and that it finishes for sure. Either Knight gets it done early with takedowns and GnP or Jung outlasts his wrestling, empties Knights gas tank and knocks him out on the feet in the second or third. Tough fight to call but I'll go with Knight to get it done by early GnP. Dont miss this fight!

Impa Kasanganay, DEC
I had to wait to see if Impa made weight and he did and he looked pretty good. Maybe his skillset will translate at welterweight. I'm not leaning either way here. The line is way too wide though. Palatnikov is tough and I wouldnt lay that kind of juice on a guy coming down a weight class who got highlight reel KOd 6 months ago. Pass. Impa by decision is the pick but Palatnikov and Holland are my favorite two low priced punts on DK this week. Good luck everyone!

Tieoken
Tieoken
  • Predictions:  1,977  |  59.0%
  • Forum Posts:  3,620
  • Post Score: 313

04.10.2021 | 10:27 AM ET

Predictions: 5 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 315 Points   |   Tied for 3049th

I think Holtzman will generate some good point as a punt as well, regardless of a win or loss. But I think Palatnikov is going to be the best Hail Mary for some KO points.

"I’m here to snatch necks and cash checks" - Darrick Minner

mulefloyd
mulefloyd
  • Predictions:  15,552  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  8,824
  • Post Score: 180

04.10.2021 | 11:03 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 340 Points   |   Tied for 2953rd

Perry vs. Rodriguez
Daniel Rodriguez, TKO, R2
This should be fun

Miller vs. Solecki
Jim Miller, SUB, R2
Screw this, no way the only one of the 3 guys to face the ghost of Wiman and not get a finish beats Miller.

Holtzman vs. Gamrot
Mateusz Gamrot, DEC
Strange

Jung vs. Knight
William Knight, TKO, R2
Easy fight for me to pick

"Grammar. The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

tsardavid
tsardavid
  • Predictions:  997  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  40
  • Post Score: 178

04.10.2021 | 11:13 AM ET

Predictions: 10 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 600 Points   |   Tied for 854th

"Каждый раз хочешь так делать? (с)"

Blackbet25
Blackbet25
  • Predictions:  9,162  |  72.4%
  • Forum Posts:  6,358
  • Post Score: 187

04.10.2021 | 11:17 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 13 Winners, 0 Perfect, 315 Points   |   Tied for 3042nd

"They don’t want a man like me to have the title cause I’m not a puppet like that fool up there."

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  42,190  |  69.3%
  • Forum Posts:  7,414
  • Post Score: 287

04.10.2021 | 11:23 AM ET

Pink Predictions

Predictions: 12 of 13 Winners, 5 Perfect, 755 Points   |   Tied for 63rd

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

TWJake
TWJake
  • Predictions:  6,091  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  2,492
  • Post Score: 339

04.10.2021 | 11:30 AM ET

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 4 Perfect, 575 Points   |   Tied for 1108th

who up????

"I know many a troops that I visit when I went to Iraq in 2005... 2-uh excuse me in 19-or.. 05' 06' 07' 08' 09' 2010 2011. I went from the Korwaiten border! All the way up to the Turkish border!" -Tito Ortiz

Blackbet25
Blackbet25
  • Predictions:  9,162  |  72.4%
  • Forum Posts:  6,358
  • Post Score: 187

04.10.2021 | 11:31 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 13 Winners, 0 Perfect, 315 Points   |   Tied for 3042nd

It’s time! (Bruce Buffer voice)

"They don’t want a man like me to have the title cause I’m not a puppet like that fool up there."

Page 18

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• UFC Fight Night Tapology coverage is now live
  • Lucas Almeida vs. Timmy Cuamba - Round 1 is in progress.
  • Join the UFC Fight Night live discussion
  • Tapology Picks: Lucas Almeida 20% Timmy Cuamba 80%
  • Lucas Almeida (14-3-0) SP, BR is the #65th Top Featherweight MMA fighter.
  • Timmy "Twilight" Cuamba (8-2-0) NV, US is the #233rd Top Lightweight MMA fighter.
  • UFC Fight Night features 11 MMA bouts
  • The event takes place from UFC Apex in Las Vegas, Nevada