Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Ortega vs. Korean Zombie

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,154
  • Post Score: 47

07.29.2020 | 2:44 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
  • Saturday 10.17.2020 at 04:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ESPN+
  • Name: UFC Fight Night: Ortega vs. Korean Zombie
  • Also Known As: UFC Fight Island 6
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: UFC Fight Island
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: John Gooden, Daniel Cormier, Dan Hardy
  • Ring Announcer: Joe Martinez
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Daniel Cormier
  • MMA Bouts: 11
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Brian Ortega   defeats   Chan Sung Jung   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Jéssica Andrade   defeats   Katlyn Cerminara   via KO/TKO, Hook to the Body   4:55 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Jimmy Crute   defeats   Modestas Bukauskas   via KO/TKO, Punches   2:01 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
James Krause   defeats   Claudio Silva   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Jonathan Martinez   defeats   Thomas Almeida   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Guram Kutateladze   defeats   Mateusz Gamrot   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Gillian Robertson   defeats   Poliana Botelho   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Jun Yong Park   defeats   John Phillips   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Fares Ziam   defeats   Jamie Mullarkey   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Maxim Grishin   defeats   Gadzhimurad Antigulov   via KO/TKO, Punches   4:58 Round 2 of 3, 9:58 Total Bout Page
Said Nurmagomedov   defeats   Mark Striegl   via KO/TKO, Left Hook to Ground and Pound   0:51 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page

Responses Page 9

ASwaim3
ASwaim3
  • Predictions:  137  |  50.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11
  • Post Score: 182

10.17.2020 | 1:53 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 5 of 11 Winners, 0 Perfect, 265 Points   |   Tied for 2541st

Park vs. Phillips
Jun Yong Park, TKO, R3
John Phillips...all heart and power, no skill. Park's win over Barriault looks better over time. Well-rounded dude who plays things incredibly sound. Doubt Phillips converts on the obvious gameplan. Fantasy players...Park is your guy.

Ziam vs. Mullarkey
Jamie Mullarkey, DEC
Ziam is getting sharp money, but I can't see it. Brad Riddell appears to be a very nice fighter that Mullarkey found some offense against. I will never trust a fighter than only finds a way to land 10 strikes in 15 minutes in the UFC. You even wanna be here, man? Mullarkey by wrestling.

Antigulov vs. Grishin
Gadzhimurad Antigulov, SUB, R1
Size vs skill. Antigulov is a great greco-roman wrestler that hunts submissions. Really unfortunate Bearjew got him off his back because he dominated that first round. Grishin is bigger, but not nearly Paul Craig's caliber on the mat. Craig being a larger 205'er should help Antigulov find his distance as well. Grishin has a huge size advantage, but was lost on the mat against Tybura. Size only goes as far as you use it....

Nurmagomedov vs. Striegl
Mark Striegl, SUB, R1
Once you put on the film, he's clearly not related by blood. Really lost an easy decision with his lack of prowess on the mat. Not great news for him that Streigl loves to do just that. He subbed Kai Kara-France...that's not the level on the feet Said Nurmagomedov has anywhere in his body. Striegl may burst a ton of parlays quickly....

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,779  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,560
  • Post Score: 262

10.17.2020 | 3:32 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 480 Points   |   Tied for 353rd

https://www.mmafighting.com/2020/10/16/21518023/claudio-silva-criticizes-mma-fans-alcoholic-clowns-beat-up-old-people-streets-ufc

Read this article and u should be confident  in Krause. Im all for freedom of speech but in my oppion Claudio Silva should just ****. Im also not saying hes wrong but he has a toxic mindset. Fighter shouldn't be think about that  thought of thing, U should be thinking about ur opponent. We all know Conor a ****, But you know what more important James Krause

I don't want to go full keyboard warrior but the reason he not getting respect is because he fought like 4 time in ten year, so maybe have the great idea of fighting to get the respect you want. In the UFC, the ****s make the most money, but its still a sport and if you boring you can still make to the top or close to it I.e Usman, Woodly  and Fitch.

* Edited at 10.17.2020, 3:33 AM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Gamebred213
Gamebred213
  • Predictions:  177  |  65.0%
  • Forum Posts:  7
  • Post Score: 186

10.17.2020 | 3:44 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 565 Points   |   Tied for 45th with 6 others

Ortega vs. Jung
Chan Sung Jung, DEC
I’m 50/50 with this fight. I just want to enjoy this one

Andrade vs. Chookagian
Jéssica Andrade, DEC
Andrade is going to make this a dirty fight which Katlyn doesn’t want. Big reach difference but still think she takes this

Bukauskas vs. Crute
Jimmy Crute, SUB, R1
Bukauskas has no takedown defence and against Crute that is going to be a problem. Easy work for Crute

Silva vs. Krause
James Krause, TKO, R3
Silva isn’t a great striker at all but his grappler is really next level. I still think Krause should be able to pick him apart

Almeida vs. Martinez
Jonathan Martinez, TKO, R2
Almeida is a great striker but his striking defence isn’t the best and Martinez has very great timing with his striking

Gamrot vs. Kutateladze
Mateusz Gamrot, DEC
Gamrot should be able to pick him apart. If it hits the mat I expect him to dominate even more

Robertson vs. Botelho
Gillian Robertson, SUB, R2
Botelho puts everytime into her shots, gases out and isn’t a good grappler. Gillian is far superior grappler

Park vs. Phillips
Jun Yong Park, DEC
Park should be able to work him with the jab and avoid all big power shots. Wrestling could help a lot too

Ziam vs. Mullarkey
Fares Ziam, DEC
Ziam should be able to defend the takedowns and win in the striking. Mullarkey shoots too many lazy takedowns

Antigulov vs. Grishin
Maxim Grishin, TKO, R2
Antigulov doesn’t have a gas tank, if he doesn’t get a quick sub than he’s getting KO’d. Grishin by KO.

Nurmagomedov vs. Striegl
Said Nurmagomedov, DEC
Said should be too tricky on the feet and should be able to defend any of Striegl’s submission attemps

geshtalt
geshtalt
  • Predictions:  27  |  66.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: 200

10.17.2020 | 5:21 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 1 of 2 Winners, 1 Perfect, 100 Points   |   Tied for 2981st

Andrade vs. Chookagian
Jéssica Andrade, TKO, R1
Really strange, that in 7-8 extended and argumented predictions prople write, that Chookagian has more chances.

Davis410
Davis410
  • Predictions:  2,476  |  62.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,934
  • Post Score: 236

10.17.2020 | 7:10 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 490 Points   |   Tied for 283rd

Ortega vs. Jung
Brian Ortega, TKO, R4
I think this has potential to be a war.

Andrade vs. Chookagian
Jéssica Andrade, DEC
I can't pick Katlyn.

Bukauskas vs. Crute
Jimmy Crute, SUB, R2
Probably a dominant finish by Crute, but Bukauskas is live for a TKO here.

Silva vs. Krause
Claudio Silva, SUB, R2
Hardest fight to pick, Krause can easily stay out of trouble and win this.

Almeida vs. Martinez
Thomas Almeida, TKO, R2
This should be a fun one.

Gamrot vs. Kutateladze
Mateusz Gamrot, DEC
When I see a champion in another organization with an undefeated record I see someone that sticks to their gameplan. I think he wins an easy decision here.

Robertson vs. Botelho
Gillian Robertson, SUB, R2
Hopefully domination by the savage.

Park vs. Phillips
Jun Yong Park, DEC
Park is live to sub Phillips, but likely a Barriault-style decision.

Ziam vs. Mullarkey
Fares Ziam, DEC
Unimpressed with both fighters, but I'll go with the younger fighter to make good improvements and avoid getting held up against the cage, use his knees and elbows and take a decision win.

Antigulov vs. Grishin
Maxim Grishin, TKO, R1
I think Antigulov gasses out after a few minutes and Grishin puts him away late round 1 or early round 2 with ground and pound.

Nurmagomedov vs. Striegl
Said Nurmagomedov, DEC
Nurmagomedov has a lot of experience against good russian grapplers and he's never been submitted. I think Striegl is live to win the first round, but not sub Said. Said 29-28 or 30-27.

BradThom717
BradThom717
  • Predictions:  9,455  |  68.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,387
  • Post Score: 271

10.17.2020 | 8:39 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 425 Points   |   Tied for 1003rd

Ortega vs. Jung
Chan Sung Jung, TKO, R2
I like Brian Ortega. I was always a fan of his, but after that shellacking he received from Holloway, (and yess, I understand it was all but 2 years ago) I woulda much rather seen him get matched up with somebody else, ANYBODY else but the ******* Zombie. Because he's gonna get pieced up again. He doesn't have the striking skill to hang with the Zombie, where as the Zombie is aware enough on the ground to hang with Ortega, or atleast survive and get back to the feet and start chewing Ortega up again. I just dont like the matchup for Ortega.

Andrade vs. Chookagian
Jéssica Andrade, DEC
Honestly, Chookagian might be my most hated WMMA fighter. I just CANNOT ******* stand her. Her and her "Hiiiii-yah" after every ************* strike. I just wish one of these females could help put me outta my misery and murder this broad already. Andrade has the power, but can she catch her clean? Chookagian is 8" taller, only 4" longer tho. And I sadly can see Hii-yaah Queen winning a decision on volume, air strikes, and her big dumb expressions. Piss me the **** off.

Bukauskas vs. Crute
Jimmy Crute, TKO, R1
I was just getting ready to call Modestas a "kid" and he's actually 2 years older than Jimmy Crute. I keep forgetting Crute ain't even 25 yet. My buddy thinks this is an even fight, I'm feeling about 75/25 for Crute. I think Modestas is a great addition to arguably the most depleted division and there's tons of great fights for him out there. This one is gonna be a great fight. For as long as it lasts. I just feel that Crute is the more prepared fighter at this point. I think Modestas is right there, but literally maybe just a half step behind. Of course, In my opinion.

Almeida vs. Martinez
Thomas Almeida, TKO, R2
Geeeeeeezus christ. I knew it's been a minute. But I didn't think it's been 46 fookin months since Thomas Almeida's last win. Woooow. I always struggle picking these fights with guys that not only have been on the shelf forever, but haven't won a fight in even longer. Are they gonna just do what needs to be done, to coast to a decision just to get time in the octagon and a win back under their belt, or are they gonna go out there and dismantle then finish their opponent like their old self would've done? I don't know how to pick those fights, and this is a good example.

Antigulov vs. Grishin
Maxim Grishin, TKO, R2
Back down at 205 makes me feel a whole lot better about Grishin's future in the UFC. And hopefully he's got those "UFC Jitters" outta the way and he can finally shine under them bright lights. He's definitely where he belongs, shoulda been a long while ago,

"**** Fentanyl & **** Opiates too..."

HiDefff
HiDefff

10.17.2020 | 10:11 AM ET

Predictions: 5 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 300 Points   |   Tied for 2348th

Huiop532
Huiop532
  • Predictions:  9,233  |  58.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,534
  • Post Score: 206

10.17.2020 | 11:54 AM ET

Predictions: 9 of 11 Winners, 4 Perfect, 580 Points   |   Tied for 30th with 5 others

It’s fight day! Loma AND TKZ on the same night? Hell yeah! 

pie2munch
pie2munch
  • Predictions:  16,794  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  2,620
  • Post Score: 279

10.17.2020 | 12:04 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 0 Perfect, 395 Points   |   Tied for 1346th

Glad this has I slightly earlier start time 
Hippie
Hippie

10.17.2020 | 12:14 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 440 Points   |   Tied for 714th

Agree ^  I like earlier cards.
NickySwaz
NickySwaz
  • Predictions:  2,790  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  941
  • Post Score: 298

10.17.2020 | 12:25 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 370 Points   |   Tied for 1624th

Next weeks PPV starts at 2pm, very excited to get a bacon egg and cheese and watch the prelims, even more excited to day drink.

"“What happened to you, USA? Wake up, USA! Go! Go back for you, go! Go for Jesus. No forgay Jesus people." -Yoel Romero"

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,451  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,335
  • Post Score: 285

10.17.2020 | 12:58 PM ET

Predictions

Predictions: 4 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 270 Points   |   Tied for 2539th

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

BradThom717
BradThom717
  • Predictions:  9,455  |  68.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,387
  • Post Score: 271

10.17.2020 | 1:12 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 425 Points   |   Tied for 1003rd

@Stephen Terry .... Botelho submitting Robertson in ANY round is a severely ballsy pick....

You sure you don't have Botelho confused with another brazilian?

"**** Fentanyl & **** Opiates too..."

CheckLeftHook
CheckLeftHook
  • Predictions:  2,402  |  56.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,994
  • Post Score: 172

10.17.2020 | 1:16 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 0 Perfect, 365 Points   |   Tied for 1639th

That's probably her best path to victory tho. Ain't no one getting (T)KO'd there lol

"🏴 No Quarter Given 🏴"

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,451  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,335
  • Post Score: 285

10.17.2020 | 1:22 PM ET

Predictions: 4 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 270 Points   |   Tied for 2539th

@BradThom717

I pick with my gut, not my head. If my instinct says that, then that's what I'm gonna for. For example in the Miocic VS Cormier at UFC 252, I also went with Miocic for a 2nd Round Sub, simply because my gut said "Go on! Go for it!" despite all the facts against it. I pick for fun and couldn't care less about my pick %.

Though I will admit that I'm not exactly an expert on Botelho. I've heard of her and her stats look decent but I don't know a lot about her and I'm way too lazy to do any detailed research. I'll learn more about her from this fight though.

* Edited at 10.17.2020, 1:24 PM ET *

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

Hyrm
Hyrm
  • Predictions:  6,128  |  64.2%
  • Forum Posts:  3,258
  • Post Score: 189

10.17.2020 | 1:25 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 390 Points   |   Tied for 1395th

Personally I like the time of those 2 cards. I'm not forced to go to sleep at 2h00 to watch the main event!

"Never go down without a fight"

Tap867
Tap867
  • Predictions:  3,146  |  63.6%
  • Forum Posts:  560
  • Post Score: 211

10.17.2020 | 1:32 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 4 Perfect, 475 Points   |   Tied for 424th

Nurmagomedov vs. Striegl
Said Nurmagomedov, DEC
Alright, so I actually think Striegl isn't that bad. Problem is, he just hasn't fought the same level of competition as Said. This will be interesting.

"Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, but nobody wants to lift no heavy-ass weights. - Ronnie Coleman"

Palm2face
Palm2face
  • Predictions:  3,265  |  60.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: 300

10.17.2020 | 1:41 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 455 Points   |   Tied for 570th

Robertson vs. Botelho
Gillian Robertson, DEC
I84

CheckLeftHook
CheckLeftHook
  • Predictions:  2,402  |  56.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,994
  • Post Score: 172

10.17.2020 | 1:53 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 0 Perfect, 365 Points   |   Tied for 1639th

If the lines keep moving on the main event I reckon some risk takers might walk away with a nice bag for themselves if they bet on Ortega being able to pull something off out of nowhere again (e.g. Moicano fight) and if Zombie can throw it all away again (e.g. Yair fight).

* Edited at 10.17.2020, 1:53 PM ET *

"🏴 No Quarter Given 🏴"

Correia2292
Correia2292
  • Predictions:  566  |  55.5%
  • Forum Posts:  71
  • Post Score: 227

10.17.2020 | 2:20 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 390 Points   |   Tied for 1395th

If Said Nurmagomedov does a crap ton of spinning backfist and spinning kicks like he loves to do i think striegl might be able to time the take down and get a win. 

Page 9

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• UFC.com : Bonus Coverage | UFC 301: Pantoja vs Erceg
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 results: Alexandre Pantoja ekes by Steve Erceg to retain title in thrilling five-round battle
  • MMA Junkie : Canelo Alvarez drops, beats overmatched Jaime Munguia to retain 168-pound title
  • Middle Easy : Alexandre Pantoja Outsmarts Steve Erceg To Razor-Close Decision, Retains Title – UFC 301 Results (Highlights)
  • MMA Junkie : Social media reacts to Alexandre Pantoja's title defense over Steve Erceg at UFC 301
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! Watch UFC 301 Post-Fight Presser Here
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Canelo carried him the whole fight’: Bud Crawford and more pros react to Canelo vs Munguia
  • MMA Mania : Highlights! Canelo Hands Munguia First Career Knockdown
  • Bad Left Hook : Canelo drops Jaime Munguia, wins clear decision to retain titles: Highlights
  • MMA Mania : Canelo Dominates For Decisive Title Defense
  • MMAFighting.com : ‘No words for how impressive that was’: Pros react to Jose Aldo’s vintage win at UFC 301
  • Bad Left Hook : Highlights and results: The Best and Wildest from Redneck Brawl 6
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 results: Jose Aldo sharp in return from retirement, outpoints Jonathan Martinez for decisive victory
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 results: Jose Aldo hints at another title run after lopsided win over Jonathan Martinez
  • MMA Junkie : Social media reacts to Jose Aldo's victory over Jonathan Martinez in final contract bout at UFC 301
  • Middle Easy : Vintage Jose Aldo Unleashes Striking Clinic On Jonathan Martinez, Wins Decision – UFC 301 Results (Highlights)
  • MMAFighting.com : Jose Aldo vs. Jonathan Martinez full fight video highlights
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 live blog: Alexandre Pantoja vs. Steve Erceg
  • MMA Mania : Aldo Hasn’t Lost A Step, Topples Ranked Martinez In Rio
  • MMA Mania : Highlights! ‘Lionheart’ Delivers Huge Upset Submission In Brazil