Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Overeem vs. Sakai

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,180
  • Post Score: 47

07.11.2020 | 10:57 AM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
  • Saturday 09.05.2020 at 07:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ESPN+
  • Name: UFC Fight Night: Overeem vs. Sakai
  • Also Known As: UFC Vegas 9
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: UFC APEX
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Daniel Cormier
  • Ring Announcer: Joe Martinez
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Jon Anik
  • MMA Bouts: 7
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Alistair Overeem   defeats   Augusto Sakai   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   0:26 Round 5 of 5, 20:26 Total Bout Page
Ovince St. Preux   defeats   Alonzo Menifield   via KO/TKO, Counter Left Hook   4:07 Round 2 of 3, 9:07 Total Bout Page
Michel Pereira   defeats   Zelim Imadaev   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   4:39 Round 3 of 3, 14:39 Total Bout Page
André Muniz   defeats   Bartosz Fabiński   via Submission, Armbar   2:42 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Brian Kelleher   defeats   Ray Rodriguez   via Submission, Guillotine Choke   0:39 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Viviane Araujo   defeats   Montana De La Rosa   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Hunter Azure   defeats   Cole Smith   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 2

Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,195  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  6,180
  • Post Score: 332

08.31.2020 | 4:13 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 6 Winners, 2 Perfect, 315 Points   |   Tied for 505th

Agree with Lord Fishrat. Overeem can be past his prime, off PED's, looking at retirement from CTE and still have enough to ko Sakai

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,792  |  66.9%
  • Forum Posts:  7,561
  • Post Score: 262

08.31.2020 | 4:22 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 6 Winners, 3 Perfect, 365 Points   |   Tied for 148th

You may be suprise that Mr ******* about card thinks this card is actully a good card, Non of the fight really have a name  beside Alistair and OSP so I forget this card was happening to be honiest but yesterday I look at the matchup and most of them sound fun, All the fight honesly have the potenal to be good, Only one that I think could be stinker is the co main if it goes past a round, and the Fabinski fight but hes the underdog and Maybe WMMA if u a sexist pig 

P.S The garbage card are better sometime because their have more Mismatch so they're more finish than PPV

* Edited at 08.31.2020, 4:24 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Jakey1988
Jakey1988
  • Predictions:  21,194  |  67.8%
  • Forum Posts:  1,389
  • Post Score: 205

08.31.2020 | 6:05 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 4 of 6 Winners, 2 Perfect, 250 Points   |   Tied for 1530th

Kelleher vs. Natividad
Kevin Natividad, DEC
Let's go kevon this mans a hometown talent !

"Lets see some ******* action!"

Chessum1995
Chessum1995
  • Predictions:  1,584  |  63.6%
  • Forum Posts:  43
  • Post Score: 365

09.01.2020 | 8:25 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 4 of 6 Winners, 1 Perfect, 225 Points   |   Tied for 1881st

Overeem vs. Sakai
Augusto Sakai, TKO, R2
This will be an interesting fight as Augusto sakai looks to continue adding to his 4-0 UFC record whereas Overeem seeks to prove that hes still got enough left in the tank to compete with some of the best. Overeem would be 4-0 from his last 4 fights had he not been caught with a monsterous punch from rozenstruik which some people argue was an early stoppage with only seconds remaining in the final round of a fight overeem was clearly winning. i worry for overeem as his chin has certainly deteriorated over his extensive carear and at heavyweight thats always a big red flag as one punch can change everything as shown perfectly in his fight against rozenstruik. i can see a route to victory for Overeem as hes adapted his game plan to rely more on his wrestling ability to control and win fights and he was able to display that in his last fight against Walt Harris who is known for being a heavy hitter so i could see the same outcome in this one. However im going to take a punt on this one and say that Sakai catches him and gets the finish in round 2. Mainly because i dont want to see two heavyweight fighters plod there way to a decision, especially in a 5 rounder. Sakai KO/TKO ROUND 2

St. Preux vs. Menifield
Ovince St. Preux, DEC
Alonzo Menifield was exposed by Devin Clark in his last fight and was taught that he cant always rely on landing a big punch in the first round every fight. I would like to think that this had made Menifield go and work on his cardio to fix the clear problems he had. OSP is a VET and has been in there with best competition including the LHW GOAT Jon Jones so he definitely has experience on his side in this one. OSP`s best days are certainly behind him so it comes down to whether an Older OSP is still better than the still fresh Menifield... I think that OSP has a route to victory if Menifield hasnt fixed his cardio issues as OSP will simply have to weather the storm in the first round and then take control of the tired Menifield in the same way Devin Clark did. It will be interesting to see if Alonzo comes with a different game plan instead of simply seeking to take every persons head off. i think we may see a much more composed and hesitant and unsure of himself Alonzo after his first carear loss. Im going to say that OSP uses his Veteran experience to grind out a decision win in this one but also wouldnt be suprised if he manages to snatch on a submission late on as Menifield tires.

Eubanks vs. Rosa
Karol Rosa, DEC
This is a tough one to call as most womens MMA fights are hard to predict unless one of them is called Amanda Nunes.... i think that it will be Rosa that gets her hand raised at the end of the 3 rounds. it will be a tough fight for Rosa, Eubanks record doesnt do her justice, she has fought some decent competition and so Rosa needs to not take her lightly but i think ultimately she will do enough to get the judges nod. Karol Rosa DECISION

Pereira vs. Imadaev
Michel Pereira, TKO, R1
Now for all of Pereira`s faults he quite clearly is an atheltic and powerful guy , hes huge for 170 hence why he has been known to miss weight. in his last fight i honestly felt sorry for him, he came in and had clearly worked on his cardio as he still looked sharp in the third round and had he not had a laps of judgement and went for the knee to sanchez as he was down then he would have won a very one sided decision or more than likely finished him. Imadaev has not had a great start to his UFC Carear, he got taken down repeatedly by griffin and lost a decision and then was violently knocked out by Danny Roberts who Pereira knows well from his debut when he added Roberts to his highlight reel. This is going to be contested on the feet and Imadaev is probably the more technical striker out of the two in all honesty however Pereira is so awkward and unique it really must be hard to train for someone like that as you really dont know what he will do from one moment to the next. I think he will come in and at points throw all sorts of flips and jumps as he always does and i can see something landing and when you have the power that he has it only takes one shot to land to end the fight and i see that coming early on. Going 0-3 is not a good look and i think this may well be the last we see of Zelim Imadaev. Pereira KO ROUND 1

Moisés vs. Turner
Thiago Moisés, SUB, R2
Jalin Truner is a can... and his striking is probably his best attribute. An old Michael Johnson even now is a much better striker than Turner and we all know how his fight with Moises went.... i know that isnt how MMA works but i just cannot see Turner winning this one, at some point turner will blink and when he opens his eyes he will have been caught up in some submission and moments later he will be tapping his right hand so fast he will end the night with a sprained wrist.

Fabiński vs. Muniz
Bartosz Fabiński, DEC
Fabinski Beat Darren Stewart in his last fight by humping his legs for 3 rounds... i see Stewart as better competion than Andre Muniz and aslong as Fabinski can defend submission attempts i think this is his fight in a very boring lackluster decision win.

De La Rosa vs. Araujo
Viviane Araujo, TKO, R3
realistically this will probably be a decision fight but i guess my prediction is wishful thinking... Araujo has decent hands and so i with the smallest of confidence ill say she ends it late on with a knockdown into Ground and Pound for a TKO win. Araujo KO/TKO ROUND 3.

Rogério de Lima vs. Romanov
Alexander Romanov, TKO, R2
De Lima could very well come out and spark Romanov out cold in this one and show him the difference in competion level when fighting in the UFC compared to other companies however on this occasion i will side with the undefeated younger fighter to be faster and more hungry to make a statement. Judging on his track record Romanov doesnt hang about and will seek the finish from the very start so im going for a early knockout win for Romanov. Romanov KO ROUND 1

Kelleher vs. Natividad
Brian Kelleher, TKO, R2
Brian Kelleher is experienced and has fought some top competition in his carear, i think he is going to be way to much of a test for Kevin Natividad whos literally only fought bums with equal wins with losses.... on top of that he is coming in as a late replacement which is also doesnt go in his favour... i think his UFC debut he will learn some lesson, and one of those lessons will be learning why Kelleher is called "Boom" any other lesson he will have to explained to him when i wakes back up after being violently KO`d. Kelleher KO ROUND 2.

* Edited at 09.01.2020, 8:43 AM ET *

MMAFORTUNETELLER
MMAFORTUNETELLER
  • Predictions:  32  |  56.3%
  • Forum Posts:  165
  • Post Score: -526

09.01.2020 | 12:03 PM ET

COMING OFF A PERFECT 2/2 CARD IMPA 6 UNITS AND 5.5 RAKIC

This user is suspended from posting until 2 weeks, 4 days, 22 hours, and 50 minutes from now.
Xconchris
Xconchris

09.01.2020 | 1:32 PM ET

@fortuneteller and coming off 4 of 9 at your last UFC card you picked like every one else so **** 😆 Didnt see you in the forum then?

Xconchris
Xconchris

09.01.2020 | 1:37 PM ET

You see the wonderful thing about Tapology is you cant ******** about your picks because everyone can see it.

Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords
  • Predictions:  4,328  |  64.4%
  • Forum Posts:  6,323
  • Post Score: 136

09.01.2020 | 3:31 PM ET

Predictions: 4 of 6 Winners, 0 Perfect, 230 Points   |   Tied for 1843rd

Interesting pics Teller Good Game by the way.

"“I took no damage,” Hill said. “Most of the fall was me falling down"

Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords

09.01.2020 | 3:34 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Alexander Romanov, TKO, R1
Finisher vs folder well let me think.

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  9,037  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11,680
  • Post Score: 207

09.01.2020 | 11:05 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 3 of 6 Winners, 0 Perfect, 165 Points   |   Tied for 2408th

Overeem vs. Sakai
Alistair Overeem, TKO, R3
I'm going with the experience points

St. Preux vs. Menifield
Ovince St. Preux, SUB, R1
OSP is always hot or cold. Im going with hot here.

Eubanks vs. Rosa
Sijara Eubanks, DEC
Still can't believe they were going to give this broad a title shot.

Pereira vs. Imadaev
Michel Pereira, TKO, R1
Pereira's over due for a win.

Fabiński vs. Muniz
Bartosz Fabiński, DEC
The butcher!!!

De La Rosa vs. Araujo
Montana De La Rosa, SUB, R1
Uh....

King Kong ain't got nothing on me.

Smith vs. Azure
Cole Smith, DEC
Rooting for my fellow Canadian!!!

Kelleher vs. Natividad
Brian Kelleher, TKO, R2
Boom roasted!!!

AnthillIss
AnthillIss

09.02.2020 | 11:18 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Overeem vs. Sakai
Alistair Overeem, DEC
Sakai will win

St. Preux vs. Menifield
Alonzo Menifield, TKO, R1
Osp will win

Eubanks vs. Rosa
Karol Rosa, DEC
Rosa will win

Pereira vs. Imadaev
Michel Pereira, TKO, R2
Imadaev will win

Moisés vs. Turner
Jalin Turner, DEC
Moises will win :(

Fabiński vs. Muniz
Bartosz Fabiński, DEC
Fabinski will win :(

De La Rosa vs. Araujo
Viviane Araujo, DEC
De La Rosa will win

Alexander Romanov, SUB, R2
De Lima will win

Smith vs. Azure
Hunter Azure, DEC
Azure will win

Kelleher vs. Natividad
Brian Kelleher, DEC
Kelleher will win

hankcream
hankcream
  • Predictions:  158  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2
  • Post Score: 200

09.02.2020 | 11:37 AM ET

If Walt Harris couldn't get Overeem out,  there's no way Sakai has a chance to slow down the Reem
flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick
  • Predictions:  9,753  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,783
  • Post Score: 273

09.02.2020 | 12:39 PM ET

Predictions: 3 of 6 Winners, 1 Perfect, 190 Points   |   Tied for 2172nd

That's a dude, man 

"For no particular reason beat up everyone"

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick

09.02.2020 | 12:44 PM ET

Brutal overhand right by Araujo

Montana is getting sold on the wife/husband combo with Mark

Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords

09.02.2020 | 3:31 PM ET

That is a nice chin tap!

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick

09.02.2020 | 4:05 PM ET

Overeem vs. Sakai

What can not be said about Overeem's career, horse meat aside, the man has been knocked out an incredible amount of times, many due to his over confidence and just some incredible low fight IQ at times. He comes back quite well, and has earned some vicious victories. 

At this point, I don't see this as a dangerous fight like Bigy Boy, Sakai obviously has power but I haven't seen too much out of him that leads me to believe he'll get very far in the heavyweight division. At this point, the Reem always looks good before losing in his losses. That says something again about his fight IQ, and his obvious problems with his chin.

He surprised me by how he survived Walk Harris' onslaught, I did not expect that. Walt poured it on him, and the Reem did what he's done, win some violently and lose some violently. I do not think at this point in his career his over confidence is going to be an issue, but it is a question. Could he be looking past Sakai? With his past, that would not be good

If Overeem fights smart, he will win the fight despite his lack luster chin, but I'm not entirely sure. I don't see Sakai being too much of a threat so I'm leading towards the veteran. 

* Edited at 09.02.2020, 4:06 PM ET *

Tieoken
Tieoken
  • Predictions:  1,977  |  59.0%
  • Forum Posts:  3,620
  • Post Score: 313

09.02.2020 | 4:35 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 3 of 6 Winners, 0 Perfect, 165 Points   |   Tied for 2408th

St. Preux vs. Menifield
Alonzo Menifield, TKO, R1
I'd like to stay 10,000,000 miles and a lead box away from picking this fight. But I'm not MMAFortuneteller who makes selective picks and only brags about his wins. I'll take Menifield in round one, cause I know Von Preux gets hit early. But if the line isn't ridiculous and Von Preux is around come round two I'll live bet it for Preux.

Eubanks vs. Rosa
Karol Rosa, DEC
Sarj's record is a bit off cause she's lost to mostly good opponents. I'm not mad at whoever someone were to pick, especially with the upsets the last few weeks in WMMA. But I think this is Rosa's fight in pretty much every quadrant, she just has to show up.

Pereira vs. Imadaev
Michel Pereira, TKO, R1
Another fight I'd like to stay away from. But I think Pereira has a bit more power and a bit better chin. So I'll take him here. Not much to breakdown, really these are just two big striking spastics. I hate guys like this, I bet Pereira has injured every single one of his training partners lol.

Moisés vs. Turner
Jalin Turner, DEC
This is truly Thiago Moises fight. I'm only picking Turner by decision because I think Moises has a horrible tendency to fight off of his back foot and despite his great ground game doesn't chain his TD together super well. Moises is just a bit too inactive for my liking when I see him fight. Either Moises by finish or Turner by lead jab.

Fabiński vs. Muniz
Bartosz Fabiński, TKO, R2
No real comment here. I wouldn't put it past Muniz to get a submission win here, I just think Bartosz has more power than anyone Muniz has faced. I also think Fabinski's Polish pride will keep him from losing to three brazilians in a row.

De La Rosa vs. Araujo
Viviane Araujo, SUB, R3
Man if you're afraid of the standup with Andrea Lee you must really not want to be there with Araujo. I think Araujo tags her at some point in the fight and catches De La Rosa as she tries to scramble for a TD.

King Kong all day long baby.

Smith vs. Azure
Cole Smith, TKO, R2
I'm highly confident this fight ends in a KO one way or the other, which is a nice change up from most bantamweight fights.

Kelleher vs. Natividad
Brian Kelleher, TKO, R2
Brain Kelleher has no business losing to this soft ass record having regional fighter. I haven't watched any tape on him, but just going off of his record I'll pick Kelleher.

"I’m here to snatch necks and cash checks" - Darrick Minner

TomMcCoyTBE
TomMcCoyTBE

09.02.2020 | 7:15 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 2 of 2 Winners, 0 Perfect, 130 Points   |   Tied for 2604th

Overeem vs. Sakai
Alistair Overeem, TKO, R1
Powerful right hand.

St. Preux vs. Menifield
Ovince St. Preux, TKO, R1
Powerful right hands

MuayThaiNinja
MuayThaiNinja
  • Predictions:  4,538  |  64.2%
  • Forum Posts:  217
  • Post Score: 235

09.03.2020 | 1:11 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 4 of 6 Winners, 2 Perfect, 265 Points   |   Tied for 1099th

Overeem vs. Sakai
Augusto Sakai, TKO, R4
Sakai seems really tough. And if Reem can't put him away early I just don't see his chin holding up over 5 rnds.

Super Samoan
Super Samoan
  • Predictions:  5,199  |  64.6%
  • Forum Posts:  23
  • Post Score: 148

09.03.2020 | 6:54 AM ET

Predictions: 5 of 6 Winners, 1 Perfect, 305 Points   |   Tied for 744th

Hunter KO 2
Cole Smith won't pull him. 

Alex KO2
Romanov hasn't performed in a year and a half, but I have a feeling that it will affect him positively. And so, Romanov breaks Lima. 

Araujo DEC
It's just, she's on the other floor. 

Pereira KO2
Imadayev has no discipline at all and he is too self-confident. He was kicked out of the hall (ATT or AKA) because of his behavior. Defense - he didn't hear about it. With blows like Michel's, you need to think about protection first. 

Fabincki DEC
I saw Muniz's last fight, it was a dull "spectacle," the guys looked like two amateurs. Fabinski defeated Stewart in his last fight, and it is not an amateur. 

Moises DEC 
With Johnson, he looked really bad in the stand, but it was Michael Johnson, and that's Jaline Turner. Moises can compete with him, and he's good at grappling. Turner doesn't impress at all. 

Brian DEC
Maybe a few knockdowns or even a KO. 

Rosa DEC
You'll be surprised, and Rosa is on the rise. 

Ovince Sub2
Excellence in class. 

Alistar KO3
I used to think the other way around, that is, the victory of Sakai, and now I believe that Sakai has a good chance especially in the first round. His physical form confuses me, and Overeem's attacks are devastating. It is likely that Overeem's strikes on the hull will play a decisive role. 

"todo fue bien como la vida de un perro, en una larga cadena llena de deseos por la gloria de la libertad... perro encadenado feliz hambre eterna y hueso abandonado..."

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Naoya Inoue gets up from knockdown, moves to 27-0 with sick KO of Luis Nery
  • MMA Mania : Up Next! UFC St. Louis On ESPN!
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘If not for Canelo I’m not going down to 168’: David Benavidez says only one fight brings him back to super middleweight
  • MMA Junkie : Matchup Roundup: New UFC, PFL, Bellator fights announced in the past week (April 29-May 5)
  • MMAFighting.com : On To the Next One: What’s next for free agent Jose Aldo after triumphant return at UFC 301?
  • MMA Mania : Inoue Survives Knockdown, Stops Nery In Six
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Mentally, I feel like the fight’s won’: Martin talks upcoming fight with Tank
  • Middle Easy : Sean O’Malley Disagrees with Merab Dvalishvili’s Claim of Title Bout at UFC 306 in Las Vegas
  • MMA Junkie : Alexander Volkanovski open to fourth Max Holloway fight now that he's BMF champion
  • Bad Left Hook : RANKINGS: Naoya Inoue and Canelo hold firm in top spots, more
  • Jits Magazine : Action-Packed Brackets At IBJJF Geneva Open 2024
  • MMAFighting.com : The MMA Hour with Dustin Poirier, Alexandre Pantoja, plus Dan Hardy, Veronica Hardy, and Paul Hughes all in studio at 1 p.m. ET
  • Middle Easy : MMA Community Reacts to Anthony Smith’s Submission Victory and Announcing Mishap at UFC 301
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Blew It’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 56: How to watch Derrick Lewis vs. Rodrigo Nascimento, start time, St. Louis fight card, odds, more
  • MMAFighting.com : Naoya Inoue vs. Luis Nery full fight video highlights
  • Bad Left Hook : KNOCKOUT! Naoya Inoue comes off canvas to brutalize Luis Nery
  • MMA Junkie : Photos: Dana White, Max Holloway, Sean O'Malley on red carpet for Tom Brady roast on Netflix
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Dana White catches shots over UFC fighter pay, rips 'liberal f*cks' at Netflix during Tom Brady roast
  • MMA Mania : ‘Decisions, Decisions’