Tapology Forums

The iceman finally retires.

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

BeastMaster
BeastMaster
  • Predictions:  1,958  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  3,029
  • Post Score: 180

12.30.2010 | 4:48 AM ET

He is now the executive vice president of business development of the ufc.

"Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone lays a hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

Responses

jeremy
jeremy
  • Predictions:  1,062  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  819
  • Post Score: 168

12.30.2010 | 7:09 AM ET

I kinda wonder how Chuck is gonna develop business for the UFC. I assume he'll make guest appearances and sign autographs, but anything beyond that?  Maybe this move is partly about Dana keeping him out of trouble.

"Damn right I like the life I live / Cause I went from negative to positive."

USMC
USMC
  • Predictions:  804  |  60.6%
  • Forum Posts:  170
  • Post Score: 58

12.30.2010 | 6:01 PM ET

Any word on what his salary might be?
I think part of it was that Lorenzo and Dana didn't want to Chuck lose anymore, wouldn't sign him to another fight... Chuck still wanted to fight, it's possible he might have gone to Strikeforce... Lorenzo/Dana didn't want to see Chuck finish his career somewhere else... so they made it worth his while to stay on board.  This way Chuck is still in the game kind of, and he retires with the UFC.
Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,563
  • Post Score: 275

12.30.2010 | 8:00 PM ET

yeah the idea of stopping him from fighting elsewhere is interesting.  obviously chuck is a grown man and can do what he wants, but maybe some cash and pressure from dana/lorenzo was enough to get him to cave in...

"I live, I die, I live again."

snowman4life
snowman4life
  • Predictions:  148  |  58.8%
  • Forum Posts:  12
  • Post Score: 17

12.30.2010 | 8:11 PM ET

true^^?? But I'd still like to see Chuck Liddell vs. Tito Ortiz..i wasnt so hyped for Liddell vs Franklin.. =/

"Can't fly with the Eagles, if you hang with the Crows.- Brock Lesnar"

jeremy
jeremy
  • Predictions:  1,062  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  819
  • Post Score: 168

12.30.2010 | 8:50 PM ET

the shame of it is chuck still had great offensive skills when he retired, he just couldn't take a punch anymore.  best offense is a good defense i guess.

"Damn right I like the life I live / Cause I went from negative to positive."

Masterbeast
Masterbeast
  • Predictions:  297  |  53.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11
  • Post Score: -318

12.31.2010 | 7:06 AM ET

He could easily do movies for the company...that could be a major money generator for the UFC, same way WWE does with their wrestlers...They already got Rampage out there in a major movie. This could be a trend.

"Be water, my friend"

cowboysnjazz
cowboysnjazz
  • Predictions:  10  |  50.0%
  • Forum Posts:  3
  • Post Score: 33

12.31.2010 | 8:29 PM ET

He will be missed. He never had a boring fight, fun to watch. But I am sure he will do well as a "suit" in the UFC to bring more popularity to the sport.

Goose
Goose
  • Predictions:  54  |  53.7%
  • Forum Posts:  51
  • Post Score: 41

01.01.2011 | 9:48 AM ET

I see this as a good move for both parties, UFC keep Liddells name for appearances and signings etc and Chuck continues to pull in a salary while still being involved.

I think it still remains to be seen whether he stays retired , I don't see him going elsewhere because I think he has the loyalty to Dana that others don't and surely he wouldn't want to go down the Ken Shamrock route and take any fight thrown your way. This way he goes out as one of the best and it stays that way.

"Be Good, Get Good or Get the Hell Out. "

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Biggest Winners, Loser From UFC Vegas 91
  • MMA Mania : ‘Platinum’ Got Paid! (KnuckleMania 4 Salaries Revealed)
  • MMA Mania : Charly Arnolt Makes Short-Notice UFC History
  • MMA Mania : Charly Arnolt Makes UFC history
  • Bad Left Hook : Boxing streaming and TV schedule for May 2-4
  • Jits Magazine : Demetrious ‘Mighty Mouse’ Johnson Promoted To BJJ Black Belt
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 video: Bryce Hall, Taylor Holder heated exchange leads to insane crowd fight
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 salaries: Mike Perry leads event payroll with 6-figure purse
  • MMA Mania : McGregor Is A Part Owner Of BKFC
  • MMA Mania : Highlights! Perry Steamrolls Alves With Quick TKO
  • MMA Junkie : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 results: Mike Perry makes quick work of Thiago Alves, goes ballistic afterward
  • MMAFighting.com : Perry knocks out Alves in 60 seconds, calls out ‘fat f*cking b*tch’ Till at BFKC KnuckleMania 4
  • MMAFighting.com : Mike Perry knocks out Thiago Alves in 60 seconds, calls out ‘fat f*cking b*tch’ Darren Till at BFKC KnuckleMania 4
  • MMA Mania : Video! McGregor Drops ‘Huge’ News At KnuckleMania 4
  • MMAFighting.com : ‘Absolutely savage’: Conor McGregor, other pros react to Mike Perry’s 60-second knockout at BKFC KnuckleMania 4
  • MMA Junkie : Social media reacts to Mike Perry's 60-second finish of Thiago Alves at BKFC: KnuckleMania 4
  • MMAFighting.com : Mike Perry vs. Thiago Alves full fight video highlights
  • Middle Easy : Mike Perry Smashes Thiago Alves in 60 Seconds – BKFC KnuckleMania IV Results (Highlights)
  • MMA Mania : ‘King Of Violence’ Perry Smokes Alves In Just 60 Seconds
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 results: Lorenzo Hunt suffers gruesome arm injury after Mick Terrill drops him in first round