Tapology Forums

EA MMA Game

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Swickotine
Swickotine
  • Predictions:  18,174  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  11,851
  • Post Score: 223

09.28.2011 | 10:16 PM ET

Hey guys I just re-bought this today and been playing. Wondering if anyone else has it on 360 and wants to play online, or just what those who played it think of it compared to UFC Undisputed.

Personally I think the stand-up is basic, but I prefer it instead of on the UFC game where you just throw special punches the whole time. The actual Flash KO's and just dropping people are 10X better than UFC's because every fight in Undisputed ends with a one-punch KO, and that rarely happens IRL. The submission system is much better also imo, you can battle for like 45 seconds, in Undisputed it's a sub or not. 

The new UFC 2012 though looks like they've taken gameplay ideas from EA MMA and added in the new game like the new submission system, the PRIDE mode, etc.

"I'm bi-polar...nice jab, mean hook."

Responses Page 2

kallousklown
kallousklown
  • Predictions:  24,203  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  10,967
  • Post Score: 177

09.29.2011 | 2:23 PM ET

@thiago, im sure youre jealous. haha.

"Are we gonna jump, or we just gonna jerk each other off?"

Russello
Russello
  • Predictions:  6,288  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  2,839
  • Post Score: 279

09.29.2011 | 2:28 PM ET

@huahemachine25, once you learnt how to play the game it was no longer button mashing. It was far worse. It was go straight for the full mount and prevent your opponent from moving you off. I really liked the game but whoever got the full mount first won.

"In the quiet words of the virgin Mary.. come again?"

operez34
operez34
  • Predictions:  2,235  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  4
  • Post Score: 100

09.29.2011 | 2:30 PM ET

Because Geezhound, you hate everything!!!

* Edited at 09.29.2011, 2:32 PM ET *

TacomaTerror
TacomaTerror
  • Predictions:  149  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  480
  • Post Score: 59

09.29.2011 | 2:41 PM ET

I personally like the UFC better then EA Sports MMA.

I've played both for a while and participated in a few of the live cards back when they did them frequently. The Striking system is fluid, but the cardio and horrible grappling systems made me stop playing the game after a while.

UFC just feels more realistic to me, and while some people button mash to win.. it isn't as if it's that hard to stop. Honestly UFC undisputed gives someone a more in depth MMA game, it's why I preffer it.

I am sad however there will not be a new EA sports MMA, I was hoping they would improve on it, it really is a good game.

" ."All praise is to Allah, I'll fight any man, any animal, if Jesus were here I'd fight him too." "

geezhound
geezhound
  • Predictions:  6,745  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,297
  • Post Score: 193

09.29.2011 | 2:42 PM ET

No, I only hate MOST things.

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."

BeastMaster
BeastMaster
  • Predictions:  1,958  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  3,029
  • Post Score: 180

09.29.2011 | 2:54 PM ET

I have EA MMA. It's a very good game, Though everybody has such weak chins!

"Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone lays a hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

RWLawman
RWLawman
  • Predictions:  2,583  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,053
  • Post Score: 173

09.29.2011 | 3:50 PM ET

I think EA Sports MMA is leagues better than the button mashing Undisputed game.  There are aspects they could improve on in both games, but EA Sports has the right idea.  UFC games have too many flash KOs, and the submission system is just plain dumb.  If you could combine the gameplay from EA Sports with the roster from both games, you'd have a great MMA game.

" "Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars." - Khalil Gibran "

TacomaTerror
TacomaTerror
  • Predictions:  149  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  480
  • Post Score: 59

09.29.2011 | 4:45 PM ET

I disagree. I think everyone is in love with the striking aspects of EA sports MMA. Nobody talks about the horrible.. and I do mean horrible grappling system.

" ."All praise is to Allah, I'll fight any man, any animal, if Jesus were here I'd fight him too." "

RWLawman
RWLawman
  • Predictions:  2,583  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,053
  • Post Score: 173

09.29.2011 | 9:35 PM ET

Grappling is always going to be a hard thing to put into a video game.  There are simply too many submission options to put them all in the game, so instead the designers keep it simple with the most basic, and most commonly known submissions in the sport.  I thought EA Sports did a decent job with their ground game.  It will be interesting to see how future MMA video games push the bar with the grappling, and what ideas they come up with to make it more realistic.  For right now though, we're stuck with a very limited submission game with both the UFC and EA Sports MMA games.

" "Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars." - Khalil Gibran "

xbassistdoodx
xbassistdoodx
  • Predictions:  2,546  |  56.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,218
  • Post Score: 104

09.29.2011 | 9:51 PM ET

I just can't like EA MMA, the stand up was almost not playable. The punches didn't flow, they were slow, and they killed your gas tank. I think UFC was leagues above EA in almost every way. The only thing EA did better was the submission game, and that was by a small margin. I like fighting games to feel like fighting games, fast punches, quick knockouts, and if you don't block your face or body you pay for it.

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants" - Isaac Newton

LynxGuy
LynxGuy
  • Predictions:  1,054  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,120
  • Post Score: 138

09.29.2011 | 10:05 PM ET

I've always liked EA MMA much more than the Undisputed games.  It's harder to get used to, but once you do the fights just look so realistic.  The striking is incredible.  The grappling system could use some work.  The only thing I ever really liked about the Undisputed games were the rosters, but it wasn't enough to stop me from playing EA.  I don't see any problem with the cardio system either.  Just don't rapidly swing at air and you shouldn't gas.  Don't be a ***** and hold the block button half the time either or your cardio is always going to be low.

Now the fact that EA probably isn't coming out with another MMA game..  might have to start playing Undisputed.

"Don't be scared, homie." - Nick Diaz

xbassistdoodx
xbassistdoodx

09.29.2011 | 10:09 PM ET

The blocking cardio thing is so unrealistic.

Blocking DOES NOT deplete your cardio, if anything, putting your hands down and back up again would deplete cardio MUCH faster in real life. Gassing after punching 4 times, fake. Some fighters only having 1 transition in a position? Pssshh. When you're on the top in side control in that game, your opponent can knee your body and get your cardio to 0 in such a short amount of time while theirs barely suffers, that is ********, just like that game.

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants" - Isaac Newton

SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  32,055  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13,504
  • Post Score: 186

09.29.2011 | 10:09 PM ET

Have only played Undisputed...I don't like the face every fight ends via KO in the 1st round! I had one fight that I wasn't trying to make go to decision actually go to decision in countless fights

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

xbassistdoodx
xbassistdoodx

09.29.2011 | 10:15 PM ET

The thing that's most shocking is that the people who ***** about lay n pray the most are pissed off because there's not enough decisions in the game... =o

SoccerKick
SoccerKick

09.29.2011 | 10:17 PM ET

I ***** about Lay n pray?

xbassistdoodx
xbassistdoodx

09.29.2011 | 10:18 PM ET

Not at all @Soccer! I wasn't referring to you, sorry if it looked that way!

SoccerKick
SoccerKick

09.29.2011 | 10:22 PM ET

I was gonna say...I'm a huge fan of Jon Fitch beating every contender, because they can stop his take downs or get up...Not Fitch's fault he's just too damn good for the 170 pounders not named Penn and GSP!

kallousklown
kallousklown

09.29.2011 | 11:20 PM ET

@soccerkick, I actually agree with you.

Swickotine
Swickotine
  • Predictions:  18,174  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  11,851
  • Post Score: 223

09.30.2011 | 4:49 PM ET

Seriously last night I had such an epic best out of 3 fights with El Nino Melendez and Eddie Alvarez. In each of the 3 fights we each got dropped like 2-3 times.

The best part about this thread is how many thumbs down bassistdood is getting hahahaha

* Edited at 09.30.2011, 4:51 PM ET *

"I'm bi-polar...nice jab, mean hook."

kallousklown
kallousklown

09.30.2011 | 6:02 PM ET

You guys made me wanna play this game again. I got two online titles. I won the HW one by upset victory. I was Ken fighting Bas. he had me in his guard for the whole round but i countered and tapped him with a leg lock. I never gave him a rematch.

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : Charles Oliveira Open To Colby Covington And Max Holloway Superfights
  • MMAFighting.com : Stamp Fairtex out of June fight, U.S. card after serious knee injury
  • Jits Magazine : IBJJF Baton Rouge Open 2024 Features Several Top Competitors
  • MMA Mania : SWATTED? Armed Police Disrupt ‘Suga’ Show
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! Armed Police Disrupt ‘Suga’ Show
  • MMA Junkie : Kamaru Usman: Belal Muhammad not a 'high-enough level of a wrestler' to beat Leon Edwards at UFC 304
  • MMA Mania : Silva-Sonnen 3 Proposed As MMA, But Sonnen Targeting ‘Gamebred’
  • MMA Junkie : Islam Makhachev's coach: Arman Tsarukyan passing up title shot 'right call from him'
  • Middle Easy : Chael Sonnen Reveals October Boxing Clash with Jorge Masvidal in the Works
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 304 adds Oban Elliott vs. Preston Parsons
  • MMA Mania : ‘That’s The Fight!’ Edwards And McGregor Share Mutual Interest
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Saudi Arabia adds several bouts for Robert Whittaker vs. Khamzat Chimaev card
  • Middle Easy : Conor McGregor Addresses His Comments on Sean O’Malley, Goes Off on Ilia Topuria, and Targets Leon Edwards in Wild Livestream
  • MMA Junkie : Tyron Woodley plans on MMA return, blames 'wack' UFC Apex for recent performances
  • Middle Easy : Demetrious Johnson Not Interested in Usyk vs. Fury Rematch, Urges ‘The Cat’ to Retire: ‘There’s Nothing Left He Can Prove’
  • MMA Mania : Aspinall: ‘Next Fight After Blaydes Has To Be For Undisputed Title’
  • MMAFighting.com : Sean O’Malley reveals crazy story after fake police call: ‘They said I killed my parents’
  • Middle Easy : Tom Aspinall Hopes to See Oleksandr Usyk and Tyson Fury Run It Back, Will ‘Wait Out’ for Jon Jones After Blaydes Fight
  • MMA Junkie : Conor McGregor rips UFC champ Ilia Topuria: ‘He reminds me of a retarded Artem Lobov’
  • MMAFighting.com : Conor McGregor trashes UFC champ Ilia Topuria: ‘He reminds me of a little r*tard Artem Lobov’