Tapology Forums

UFC Best Fighter - Michael Bisping??

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

elinajhon
elinajhon
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  20
  • Post Score: 20

12.21.2016 | 7:37 AM ET

Michael Bisping Is The best UFC Fighter of the Year??

* Edited at 12.21.2016, 8:35 AM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 2 years, 6 months, 2 weeks, 2 days, 17 hours, and 53 minutes from now.

Responses

dtrain24
dtrain24
  • Predictions:  12,073  |  65.8%
  • Forum Posts:  3,212
  • Post Score: 235

12.21.2016 | 1:44 PM ET

Yeah. He put on a good showing against the arguable GOAT and beat him in a unanimous decision. Then he knocked out Luke Rockhold clean in the first round, who many people thought would enjoy a decent reign atop the middleweight division. As for the Hendo fight, yes, I know, he almost got knocked out twice by a guy that was deep in the MW rankings. But I was more impressed with his perseverance if anything.

Why is it so hard to believe Bisping could be seen as the fighter of the year?

Of course, there were other deserving guys like Stipe for his run and McGregor for becoming the first man to hold two UFC belts simultaneously. 

Bisping had one hell of a year. If anything, his improbable win against Rockhold in the first UFC title shot of his career is what propelled him. Like I said, there were a few other people who also deserved it, but they could only choose one. I'm not upset that it's Bisping.

"His legacy is money. My legacy is smesh." -Khabib

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,570  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,603
  • Post Score: 69

12.24.2016 | 7:49 AM ET

I think he deserves it.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

PilloryChoke
PilloryChoke
  • Predictions:  32,573  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,978
  • Post Score: 194

12.24.2016 | 9:48 AM ET

Bisping had a great effort and it was an amazing story but I would give it to Miocic. All three of his performances were dominant while Bisping took a lot of damage and squeaked by Silva and ancient Henderson.

"When Conor fought Cowboy, he looked like a lion. When he fights stronger opponents, he looks like a scared chicken." - Khabib

dtrain24
dtrain24
  • Predictions:  12,073  |  65.8%
  • Forum Posts:  3,212
  • Post Score: 235

12.24.2016 | 1:18 PM ET

@Pillory Yeah, I definitely respect that. I also think Cruz needs to at least be in this conversation. Too bad his third fight of the year is a couple of days before 2017. Still, if you look at what he's done so far, the fact that he came back from his series of devastating injuries and won the belt back against a top opponent and then proceeded to dominate his rival in their trilogy fight says something.

Like I said, it'd be easier to consider him in this conversation if his potential victory over Garbrandt wasn't after everyone had the conversation. Ironically, the year isn't over yet, but hey. 

"His legacy is money. My legacy is smesh." -Khabib

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Jared Cannonier Petitions For Imavov Rematch In France, Says Referee ‘Got The Finish’ At UFC Louisville
  • Middle Easy : Ali Abdelaziz Says Islam Makhachev vs. Conor McGregor Is ‘Very Possible’, Thinks Kayla Harrison Should ‘Fight Some Men’ Next In UFC
  • MMA Junkie : Brad Katona gives himself 'very OK' passing grade at UFC Louisville, but knows you want a finish
  • MMA Mania : Victorious Fury Chasing ‘AJ’ Fight — Not Usyk Trilogy
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 58: Make your predictions for Alex Perez vs. Tatsuro Taira
  • MMAFighting.com : Kayla Harrison manager suggests Amanda Nunes retired to avoid fight
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch The MMA Hour LIVE now
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Thought I Was Khabib’
  • MMA Junkie : Gilbert Burns vs. Sean Brady targeted for UFC Fight Night main event on Sept. 7
  • MMA Junkie : Montana De La Rosa's relief to snap skid at UFC Louisville came with bonus vengeance
  • Middle Easy : John McCarthy Responds To Tank Abbott’s Claim About His UFC Exit And Incident With ‘Big John’s’ Wife
  • MMA Junkie : Spinning Back Clique REPLAY: Imavov-Cannonier ends in controversy, Conor McGregor & UFC 303 drama, more
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘End it how you want to end it’: Briggs encourages Wilder and Broner to keep fighting
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘End it how you want to end it’: Shannon Briggs encourages Deontay Wilder, Adrien Broner to keep fighting
  • MMAFighting.com : Sean O’Malley reveals potential dates for Merab Dvalishvili title fight
  • MMA Junkie : Spinning Back Clique LIVE: Imavov-Cannonier ends in controversy, Conor McGregor & UFC 303 drama, more
  • MMA Junkie : Ali Abdelaziz: Amanda Nunes retired because 'biggest nightmare' Kayla Harrison was coming to the UFC
  • MMA Mania : Watch Silva Work Out For Sonnen Boxing Match
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Where is my money?’: Garcia and Haney accuse Golden Boy of non-payment from their PPV fight
  • MMA Mania : Commission Rules On Silva Eye Poke Appeal