Tapology Forums

Does Conor Mcgregor have boxing skills?

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

elinajhon
elinajhon
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  20
  • Post Score: 20

12.06.2016 | 7:33 AM ET

Does Conor Mcgregor have boxing skills? what you say ?
This user is suspended from posting until 2 years, 7 months, 4 weeks, 3 hours, and 55 minutes from now.

Responses

AlexSpanBjj
AlexSpanBjj
  • Predictions:  1,328  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  215
  • Post Score: 79

12.06.2016 | 7:42 AM ET

No No he have zero boxing skills. ***.
erickjhonson
erickjhonson
  • Predictions:  1  |  100.0%
  • Forum Posts:  58
  • Post Score: -16

12.06.2016 | 8:10 AM ET

Of course he has after all he wants to fight with Mayweather
This user is suspended from posting until 2 years, 7 months, 2 weeks, 2 days, 3 hours, and 7 minutes from now.
elinajhon
elinajhon
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  20
  • Post Score: 20

12.07.2016 | 6:48 AM ET

McGregor’s career earning record in MMA stands at $10 million from a single fight and Mayweather at $600..
This user is suspended from posting until 2 years, 7 months, 4 weeks, 3 hours, and 55 minutes from now.
WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

12.07.2016 | 9:11 AM ET

https://m.facebook.com/Crumlinabc/about/?ref=page_internal&mt_nav=1

Can he ? Email these guys and ask .. They taught him and countless others from locals to Olympians to pros,  their fundamentals for several generations now have a read of their bio page it tickles me good when they say "Mcgregor's boxing quality can't match __________'s quality" .. If you are "boxing guy" and u trained at that place ↑ sparred their guys, you would see the difference in skill in high quality boxing gyms be it Vegas,  Philly,  Crumlin,  Boston,  is pretty similar .. same techniques different coaching staff / method, different combo ideas (?) Different strategies .. It really just comes down to the individual, same with most styles, boxing, TKD,  BJJ, MMA, whatever ..

It's stamina and physical ability / allowance as well .. If Mcg had the ingrained stamina of a Diaz Bro or any really serious stamina fiend, May weather and his legionaires would have more fear and worry. I was told by a European championship medalist boxer ( from the 80's) that back in the day boxing was *technique 1.  *Stamina / condition 2.   but today he said, it is preferable to place big emphasis on condition/ stamina / physical capacities, also on technique of course, but he was adamant about focus on physical condition, stating this is where many upon many of bouts are decided ( he was talking about amateur boxing but I'm sure you could make comparison for pro etc)

* Edited at 12.07.2016, 9:51 AM ET *

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,515  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

12.07.2016 | 9:30 AM ET

I think this is a two part question:

As far as the level of boxing to compete with top boxers (or even legit mid-level ones), I'm pretty sure that if you take him as is into a fight he'll get creamed by most of them.

Now on the flip side, as far as potential goes, he's got a good base, knows the fundamentals and has natural abilities (reaction time, confidence, fight IQ) that can eventually turn him into a very good boxer if he dedicates to the craft.

I personally think he's still too old to become a top 5 boxer (let alone beat a guy who's arguably all-time GOAT), but, to answer your question, he does have skills that he could eventually be developed into pretty decent boxing skills.

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

GreenHornet
GreenHornet
  • Predictions:  42,804  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  10,325
  • Post Score: 203

12.07.2016 | 5:00 PM ET

In terms of fighting strictly as a boxer, McGregor currently has amateur level boxing skills because he was an amateur lever golden gloves winner (or the Irish equivalent) that never went pro.  As a pro boxer, Conor would get ****** up, especially if he tried to fight high level guys to start like Canelo, GGG, Broner, and Floyd.

Personally, I don't know why are we even entertaining this.  Yeah, McGregor has his boxing license, but that doesn't mean that:

A.) The NSAC would approve him to fight a high level boxer like a Broner, Floyd, Canelo, GGG, Khan, or Cotto.

or

B.) WME-IMG would allow McGregor to fight outside of the UFC, as they have in every UFC contract an exclusivity clause that prevents fighters taking bouts in other sports/other orgs unless WME-IMG approves it (which they ******* wouldn't due to the high risk, low reward of having their biggest star fight in boxing).

Conor can talk all he wants about boxing, but that is all it will be. Talk.  He may run the UFC by proxy, but WME-IMG will put their foot down and prevent him from boxing like how Zuffa did.

* Edited at 12.07.2016, 5:53 PM ET *

"..."

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,490  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

12.08.2016 | 8:07 AM ET

It's like when James Tony tried to do MMA: He would be way out of his league.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Borralho Vs. Craig Betting Odds, Breakdown, Prediction
  • MMA Mania : Inspirational Pereira ‘Not Worried’ About Legacy Talk
  • MMA Mania : White ‘Probably A Little Mad’ About McGregor BKFC Deal
  • MMAFighting.com : Jairzinho Rozenstruik plans to reconnect with ‘my real power source’ in Suriname, return against a top heavyweight
  • MMA Junkie : Karine Silva will keep 'unreachable' callout secret for one more fight after UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMA Mania : Matches To Make After UFC Vegas 91
  • MMA Mania : Matches To Maker After UFC Vegas 91
  • MMA Junkie : Ketlen Souza unwilling to take breaks after scoring first octagon win at UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMAFighting.com : Bogdan Guskov promises to keep delivering exciting fights after UFC Vegas 91 win: ‘I love blood’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 winner Maheshate felt 'extra burden' after consecutive losses
  • MMA Mania : Covington On ‘Nobody’ Garry: ‘He’s Not Serious’
  • MMAFighting.com : Bryan Barberena announces UFC exit, calls for ‘real brawler’ BKFC battle with Mike Perry
  • MMA Junkie : Austin Hubbard admits he was 'super nervous, stressed out' before UFC on ESPN 55 win
  • MMA Junkie : Charly Arnolt details historic impromptu UFC cage announcer role: 'I was scared of messing up'
  • MMAFighting.com : Paddy Pimblett responds to UFC 300 callouts from Renato Moicano, Bobby Green
  • MMA Junkie : 'LokDog' Vinicius Oliveira gets Ricky Simon in first fight since UFC Knockout of the Year candidate
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 winner Don'Tale Mayes wants quick return on hometown Louisville card
  • MMA Mania : ‘My Style, It’s Worst Style For This Guy Dustin’
  • MMAFighting.com : Thiago Alves retires from combat sports after Mike Perry knockout loss at KnuckleMania 4
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Ryan Garcia shows Colby Covington left hooks after Donald Trump meetup in Florida