Topic: Hendricks vs. Magny

Hendricks vs. Magny

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,676  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,592
  • Post Score: 60

10.19.2016 | 12:22 AM ET

This is the official discussion thread for Hendricks vs. Magny. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 2

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,528  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

12.25.2016 | 7:54 AM ET

Prediction: correct Magny   correct Decision  

You mean past PEDs that helped him lose all that hamburger fat? That fire? Nah, he won't have it, still USADA.

* Edited at 12.25.2016, 7:55 AM ET *

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,503  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

12.26.2016 | 8:55 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Hendricks   wrong Decision  

He has heart(as his NCAA wins have shown) and that cannot be learned.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

lldowntoearthll
lldowntoearthll
  • Predictions:  3,952  |  60.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,377
  • Post Score: 40

12.26.2016 | 9:01 PM ET

johny just sounds like he's retired.
rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

12.27.2016 | 5:48 AM ET

The reach difference in this is going to be insane.

mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

12.27.2016 | 6:24 AM ET

@yoss, do you have any evidence or is he guilty until proven innocent? Lel c'mon man
This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 2 months, 3 weeks, 5 days, 9 hours, and 16 minutes from now.
mbach4307
mbach4307
  • Predictions:  934  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  887
  • Post Score: 137

12.27.2016 | 10:17 AM ET

Prediction: correct Magny   wrong Submission   wrong Round 2  

I see a lot of people talking about Hendricks on peds. Maybe he was, maybe he wasn't. It was a dirty sport. I'm sure he wasn't the only one on the sauce (if he was) in most of his fights. I just assume that most were on the sauce. Does anyone believe Brock was clean his whole UFC career outside of his 200 performance? Is it safe to assume that a long reigning champion in a dirty sport was using as well? 

I actually felt bad for the young guys who were coming into the UFC pre-usada. I'm sure most of them didn't want to start taking steroids. But how else were they expected to compete when the top level guys had every advantage. The money to spend on designer steroids were just too much to overcome. Basically the young guys lost every advantage. The top level guys weren't aging the same. Steroids were allowing their bodies to perform at a peak level. Couple that with the years of fighting/skill development and that's almost an impossible mountain to climb. Now with usada, the skill development/fight experience comes with a natural aging process which evens the playing field. 

"Where are my shoes?"

biotim34
biotim34
  • Predictions:  535  |  57.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7
  • Post Score: 143

12.27.2016 | 10:29 AM ET

Post USADA has seen a  handful of top guys fall into obscurity

I am not ready to attribute this to Hendrix yet as his losses were to a red hot Thompson and oversized Gastelum

But this fight will show a lot as he hasn't looked good post USADA

AlexSpanBjj
AlexSpanBjj
  • Predictions:  1,328  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  215
  • Post Score: 79

12.27.2016 | 10:57 AM ET

Even if we don't have proof of Hendricks using steroid, it's obvious to me that there was a pre USADA and a after USADA period. There is no need to be farseeing to see that. For sure he will always have the benefit of the doubt but looking at the gap in his performance just at the moment USADA came in is a big coincidence.
mbach4307
mbach4307

12.27.2016 | 11:18 AM ET

@alexspanbjj 

I agree that his performance has dipped. And there is a very real possibility that it was because of usada. But let's not forget that he has fought in wars against GSP for 5 rounds once, lawler twice. That will change any man. Just look at Rory. And Kos was never the same after 5 rounds with GSP. Plus he fought a war against koschek and Condit plus the Matt brown fight. At what point does all that damage come into play. That was one of the most difficult lineups anyone has faced in the history of the sport. Starting with Fitch and ending with gastelum he has fought nothing but ELITE level guys. I know a few of those fights were under a minute, but the Kos fight wasn't. Neither were the Condit, GSP, lawler, or gastelum fights. And it's not like he has been outclassed in any of the fights outside of the wonderboy fight. And look what kelvin just did to a huge mw. 

I just feel like Hendricks gets **** on while so many other fighters get a pass. A lot of fighters haven't won under usada. Condit, weidman, Lombard, etc. But for whatever reason, Hendricks has become the poster boy for pre and post usada. Again I'm not denying whether or not he did use, all I'm saying is if he did, he wasn't alone. 

"Where are my shoes?"

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

12.27.2016 | 11:26 AM ET

I just think that a lot of people do not like Hendricks.   He undeniable has wrestling talent whether he juiced or not.

AlexSpanBjj
AlexSpanBjj

12.27.2016 | 11:45 AM ET

I am personally not hating on Hendricks (maybe some does). I think everyone can agree on his skills easely. But there is no link between his skills and the fact that he was probably juiced. I understand his skills and i also objectively can see a "strange" gap in some of his performances. (It was certainly the case for many fighters, some of them get caught, some didn't). Overall i am not a fan of juiced fighter.

PS: curious to know how the fight against GSP would have gone if he wasn't "juiced" (i personally think he was)
mikeyg
mikeyg

12.27.2016 | 12:51 PM ET

@AlexSpanBJJ

"Even if we don't have proof of Hendricks using steroid, it's obvious to me that there was a pre USADA and a after USADA period."

Who cares, that's correlation, not causation. There's no evidence of this, so the witch-hunt is without merit and unfounded ********. This truly is guilty until proven innocent, Victorian age ****.

"There is no need to be farseeing to see that. For sure he will always have the benefit of the doubt but looking at the gap in his performance just at the moment USADA came in is a big coincidence."

Coincidence is the nature of the universe. Until anyone has evidence, they should slow their rolls with this speculation.
This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 2 months, 3 weeks, 5 days, 9 hours, and 16 minutes from now.
mikeyg
mikeyg

12.27.2016 | 12:57 PM ET

This is a pet peeve of mine, accusations with no evidence. Should we just say anyone who has looked bad or different at all since USADA is a juicer? That's illogical and purely speculation. What's next? Go the Nate Diaz route and say they're all on the juice? Sure why not.

* Edited at 12.27.2016, 12:57 PM ET *

AlexSpanBjj
AlexSpanBjj

12.27.2016 | 1:28 PM ET

@mikeyg  I am posting here my point of view and force no one to agree. If Vitor has not been caught, you would probably be the one defending him, fine.

And causation generally start by a correlation. Basicly if i follow your thoughts, without any concrete evidence, we can't ask ourselves and speculate ? This is the real ********.

I didn't post i am 100% sure he was juiced, i just think he was, that's all. Stop the drama here, it's an amateur MMA forum
mikeyg
mikeyg

12.27.2016 | 1:45 PM ET

@AlexSpanBJJ

"I am posting here my point of view and force no one to agree."

Your intention was to smear him with no evidence as a cheater. I can read, this was your intent.

"If Vitor has not been caught, you would probably be the one defending him, fine."

What a false equivilance. Vitor has been busted multiple times, Hendricks hasn't. See the differnce yet..
mikeyg
mikeyg

12.27.2016 | 1:47 PM ET

And even if Vitor hadn't been caught you wouldn't have been right for the accusations, especially if he had never pissed dirty, and especially not if he didn't under USADA. Just back down from this dumb argument, you know it's immoral to pre-judge, so cut the ********.

* Edited at 12.27.2016, 1:50 PM ET *

mbach4307
mbach4307

12.27.2016 | 1:51 PM ET

@alexspanbjj

You're theory is only 1/2 right though with the GSP fight. What if both GSP and Hendricks were tested ooc under usada. How different would the fight have looked then? Peds were a major problem in this sport. So if we are speculating on fighter a being on the sauce, then it is safe to assume that fighter b may have been as well. I don't like to throw around names unless someone has definitively used, but there are plenty of guys that I am suspicious of. Doesn't matter because that was then. 

"Where are my shoes?"

AlexSpanBjj
AlexSpanBjj

12.27.2016 | 5:09 PM ET

@mikeyg 

"Your intention was to smear him with no evidence as a cheater. I can read, this was your intent."

I am not hiding the fact i think Hendricks was juiced if this is the point you want to underline, so what? I can speculate, give and share my opinion here, this is the aim of a forum. You can argue on the content of my point instead of playing on the meaning of words.

"If Vitor has not been caught, you would probably be the one defending him, fine."
What a false equivilance. Vitor has been busted multiple times, Hendricks hasn't. See the differnce yet..

This is not the point, i know he has been busted. The point is it was kind of clear to me Vitor was juiced (during his TRT period) and i didn't need USADA to catch him  (and make it official) to clarify the fact he was.
I have the same kind of suspicion for Hendricks, that's all (not telling it's a fact here, just my opinion so calm down boy)

And as i saw ppl, arguing on Hendricks situation, i just gave my opinion. Is this a problem for you? Because you make so much of a drama omg.

"you know it's immoral to pre-judge, so cut the ********"
***** please. You are full of stereotype and proves it to me on some of our last discussion so don't talk to me about pre-judging. I can think, speculate and make hypothesis on a topic if i want to. So stop your ******** you keyboard warrior.
(mikeyg AKA mr freedom of speech but it hurts your feeling that i expose i think Hendricks is juiced).

* Edited at 12.27.2016, 6:12 PM ET *

AlexSpanBjj
AlexSpanBjj

12.27.2016 | 5:13 PM ET

@mbach4307

I agree. The point with GSP, is just in case he was "truely" juiced, i would have like to saw a fight between them again, clean. For sure, it can quickly lead to paranoia on who is or was juiced. I personally just have some stronger suspicions on some fighters. (Hendricks is one of them)

It's just my opinion, i don't have infused science :)
yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,528  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

12.28.2016 | 9:30 AM ET

@mikey, I was joking ... I know he's had a drop post-USADA but that could also be circumstantial just as easily as it could be a "less PEDs" related drop.

A drop in confidence level, the wars he's been through taking effect and his unprofessionalism when it comes to his diet catching up to him all wouldn't totally surprise me.

* Edited at 12.28.2016, 9:32 AM ET *

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• PFL MENA 1 Tapology coverage is now live
  • Tariq Ismail vs. Jalal Al Daaja - Round 2 is in progress.
  • Join the PFL MENA 1 live discussion
  • Tapology Picks: Tariq Ismail 96% Jalal Al Daaja 4%
  • Tariq "Desert Storm" Ismail (7-1-0) QC, CA is the #1st Pro Mens Bantamweight in Québec.
  • Jalal "The Tornado" Al Daaja (11-7-0) Amman, JO is the #33rd Pro Mens Bantamweight in Middle East.
  • PFL MENA 1 features 10 MMA bouts
  • The event takes place from The Green Halls in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia