Topic: VanZant vs. Waterson-Gomez

VanZant vs. Waterson

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,816  |  73.9%
  • Forum Posts:  17,668
  • Post Score: 60

10.12.2016 | 8:21 PM ET

This is the official discussion thread for VanZant vs. Waterson. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

10.12.2016 | 8:21 PM ET

Prediction: wrong VanZant   wrong Decision  

Five-rounder. Could definitely be a fun one. Hopefully Waterson stays healthy.

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

joking_joe
joking_joe
  • Predictions:  6,589  |  65.4%
  • Forum Posts:  945
  • Post Score: 393

10.12.2016 | 8:54 PM ET

Sexiest fight ever!
Kuma
Kuma
  • Predictions:  40,075  |  67.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,845
  • Post Score: 210

10.12.2016 | 9:05 PM ET

Prediction: correct Waterson-Gomez   correct Submission   wrong Round 3  

Iirc Waterson's wrestling is pretty **** despite being slick on the ground.VanZant imo should be too strong against the cage,in the clinch,in top position,pace,too big etc. for the former 105'er.I don't say that too big thing just cause Waterson is a former atomweight she just doesn't have the natural frame to move up and fit in the division just fine like some can.With that said VanZant fought like an idiot in her last fight so she'll probably just stand with Michelle and get outclassed.I wouldn't actually bet on that,but it's a decent possibility.She needs to go back to what works for her.I don't care much for this fight and i'm surprised it's a headliner (sorta) ,coupled with Sage vs Gall as the co main it's just kinda funny,but whatever.
wolfman13
wolfman13
  • Predictions:  13,729  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  236
  • Post Score: 91

10.12.2016 | 10:11 PM ET

Prediction: correct Waterson-Gomez   correct Submission   wrong Round 4  

IMO Waterson has the better submission game and smoother striking. Van Zant won't out-cardio her either. Van Zan may have a wrestling edge but I am calling for an upset

"It's not the years, it's the mileage."

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,564  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

10.13.2016 | 2:55 AM ET

@Kuma, I don't see it that way mate. For some reason people keep forgetting just how unpolished Paige is both on the feet and on the mat and are surprised at how badly she loses to top competition (I blame the UFC's marketing machine for that).

She uses superior cardio and grit to outwork lower level girls but I think Michelle will expose her and tag her up on the feet and if it does get to the mat (which it may very well do since as you stated, Michelle doesn't exactly have heavenly TDD) I think Page gets her arm or back taken pretty fast. She makes novice mistakes there that any girl with a decent ground game will capitalize on. Michelle's grappling is leagues above Paige's and the only time I saw Waterson have a hard time working off her back before was against Tiburcio and Paige isn't close to being on her level on the mat. Michelle has survived the ground games of Penne and Tamada so I don't see Paige's subpar, from a technical stand point, ground game will be a fight decider. Not saying Paige won't get her down or even win a round or two from top control (I doubt it, but I can see it happening), but I don't think that's where Paige wins this. Paige is stronger, but she's so far behind technically that I don't think it'll make such a difference.

Now add all that to the fact that Paige thinks she's a great striker after the Bec fight and she may actually believe she can trade on the feet with Michelle, which lowers her chances substantially (she wasn't doing well at all against Bec, but chose to keep trading with her and got lucky with the kick, if she does that against Michelle, she gets creamed).

The only way I see Paige winning this is if she manages to put a LOT of pressure on Michelle without getting caught by something and takes over in the championship rounds. I doubt she'll do that though because I think she's going to get hit with a lot of gas-draining and frustration building combinations and Michelle mixes it up beautifully (her offensive wrestling isn't as bad as her defensive wrestling).

I see this fight ending with a 3rd or 4th round TKO or sub and that's only because I'm giving Paige's toughness and grit a whole lot of credit.

* Edited at 10.13.2016, 4:23 AM ET *

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,556  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,603
  • Post Score: 69

10.13.2016 | 3:50 AM ET

Hottest fight ever.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,564  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

10.13.2016 | 5:42 AM ET

Nope

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

10.13.2016 | 6:28 AM ET

This might be too big of a step up for Paige again. At this point I'm favoring Waterson.
This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 1 month, 4 weeks, 2 days, 10 hours, and 36 minutes from now.
erickjhonson
erickjhonson
  • Predictions:  1  |  100.0%
  • Forum Posts:  58
  • Post Score: -16

10.13.2016 | 6:53 AM ET

VanZant vs. Waterson

VanZant is going to win he is sharp fast and more active and younger then waterson
This user is suspended from posting until 2 years, 6 months, 1 week, 1 day, 20 hours, and 30 minutes from now.
SlongKong
SlongKong
  • Predictions:  153  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  845
  • Post Score: 56

10.13.2016 | 7:46 AM ET

Damn

Karate Hottie gonna murder her

"I'll fight any man; Any animal. If Jesus were here; I'd fight him too.- Mike Tyson; Downvote me if you want this ****"

bklettke
bklettke
  • Predictions:  2,109  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,761
  • Post Score: 117

10.13.2016 | 12:39 PM ET

Prediction: correct Waterson-Gomez   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 4  

This is the most awesome fight ever :)
legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune
  • Predictions:  14,159  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,349
  • Post Score: 240

10.13.2016 | 5:56 PM ET

very nice fght

"he is going to the hospital, and im going to the after party, ha ha ha" Nate Diaz

FaceStomper
FaceStomper
  • Predictions:  4,891  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,399
  • Post Score: 224

10.13.2016 | 10:03 PM ET

This fight is nice 

"You fight midgets" - Nate Diaz

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

10.14.2016 | 7:50 AM ET

It all depends on how KH has been recovering from her injury.

StreamFan68
StreamFan68
  • Predictions:  1,730  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  193
  • Post Score: -66

10.21.2016 | 1:23 AM ET

Prediction: correct Waterson-Gomez   wrong Decision  

Paige was getting absolutely "WAXED" in her last fight.. she threw a kick that landed and here we are... Relatively nothing new about Paige really.

"“And tell Dana I said get off Conor’s nuts”....(Nate Diaz) "

mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

10.21.2016 | 6:38 PM ET

By waxed do you mean picking her shots from the outside and waiting for the big ki..oh wait..
This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 1 month, 4 weeks, 2 days, 10 hours, and 36 minutes from now.
severianb
severianb
  • Predictions:  23  |  56.5%
  • Forum Posts:  10
  • Post Score: -150

10.21.2016 | 7:12 PM ET

Prediction: correct Waterson-Gomez   wrong KO/TKO   correct Round 1  

BWAAAAAHHAAAAAHAAAAHAAA. 

How the HELL is Paige Vanzant being picked over the Karate Hottie?

This is the SAME damn thing that happened when she fought Rose and was the betting favorite.

I was telling anybody who listened that Rose would mope the floor with this girl and nobody would listen.

I won a ****-ton of money on that fight betting on Rose.

Lets review:

Paige was getting handily beat in her last fight against Bec Rawlings until she landed a lucky kick

Before that, she got utterly destroyed in every phase by Rose Namajunas.

Michelle, on the other hand, dominated Magana almost completely before submitting her.   On the ground, on the feet, with wrestling, etc.

Before that,  Michelle lost a championship fight, but only after she had a weight cut that almost killed her and she put up a Fight of the Year performance and many people had her winning the first couple of rounds.

Michelle is going to make this look easy.  EASY.

StreamFan68
StreamFan68
  • Predictions:  1,730  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  193
  • Post Score: -66

10.22.2016 | 5:09 AM ET

@mikeyg

Ya you are SERIOUSLY smoking some GRADE A  quality stuff to even try and make that argument..LMAO

"“And tell Dana I said get off Conor’s nuts”....(Nate Diaz) "

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

10.22.2016 | 4:41 PM ET

I could see this going either way.  Waterson has been out for awhile so lets see if that does anything.

Leto1776
Leto1776
  • Predictions:  716  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  93
  • Post Score: 45

11.05.2016 | 9:57 AM ET

Waterson takes this. She's just all around better than PVZ.

"I wake up in the morning, and I piss excellence" Ricky Bobby

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Curtis Blaydes Accuses Jon Jones of Taking ‘Money Over Prestige’ by Ducking Tom Aspinall
  • Middle Easy : Conor McGregor Shares Cryptic Image of Himself on Social Media Amid UFC 303 Cancelation Rumors
  • MMA Junkie : Jon Anik: Sean Strickland's 'next fight should definitely be for the championship'
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch the Nate Diaz vs. Jorge Masvidal Anaheim press conference live at 3:30 p.m. ET.
  • MMA Mania : Rodtang Heavy, Puric Bout Moved To Catchweight
  • Middle Easy : Dana White Claims Power Slap Has ‘More Viewers’ Than Taylor Swift Online, Sounds Off on ‘Ridiculous’ Paul vs. Tyson Fight
  • MMA Junkie : Dana White: Conor McGregor, Muhammad Ali 'both level when it comes to mental warfare'
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Choked Him Out’
  • MMAFighting.com : Eddie Alvarez scoffs at Sean Strickland’s criticism of BKFC fighter pay: ‘I make more than Sean Strickland’
  • MMA Junkie : Dan Hardy enjoying matchmaking role with PFL Europe: 'It's a different kind of challenge'
  • MMAFighting.com : Arman Tsarukyan unimpressed by ‘slow’ Islam Makhachev: ‘A very easy fight for me’
  • MMA Junkie : Leon Edwards: I welcome 'massive' Islam Makhachev, fight but we've 'both got work to do within our division'
  • MMA Mania : Strickland’s Style Gets Gaethje’s Seal Of Approval
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘People are still counting me out’: Jesse Rodriguez looks to silence critics by beating Juan Francisco Estrada
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Dana White unloads on Jake Paul: ‘Nobody wants to see Mike Tyson get beat by this f*cking jerk-off’
  • MMA Mania : White: Mac Wages Mental Warfare At Muhammad Ali Levels
  • Jits Magazine : Four More ADCC 2024 Invites Given To Grapplers All Around The World
  • Jits Magazine : Excellent Australia vs Brazil Lineup Confirmed For Subversion Origin 2
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! Smiley Mac Confounds Fans With Latest Update
  • MMA Mania : UFC Louisville: Best Betting Props, Parlays And Picks