Topic: Nunes vs. Rousey

Nunes vs. Rousey

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,768  |  73.9%
  • Forum Posts:  17,644
  • Post Score: 60

10.12.2016 | 3:21 PM ET

This is the official discussion thread for Nunes vs. Rousey. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 5

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,536  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,603
  • Post Score: 69

12.31.2016 | 11:08 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Rousey   wrong Submission   wrong Round 1  

yes, she will go into hiding again.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,552  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

12.31.2016 | 2:00 PM ET

Prediction: correct Nunes   correct KO/TKO   correct Round 1  

I actually don't think she will. On the contrary, I think now she's free. She'll heal up, accept it's over, retire and then she'll have to push herself full thrust into the public eye because if she has even the slimmest of chances to have any sort of movie career in chapter two it's not going to come on account of her acting, she's going to need to bank on her stardom for that and you can't stay a star by hiding.

My best guess would be she transitions to pro wrestling, and if she becomes a mega star there, MAYBE, she'll have that c-level movie career she could have had she remained UFC champ.

* Edited at 12.31.2016, 2:01 PM ET *

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

unbeknownst
unbeknownst
  • Predictions:  5,020  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,679
  • Post Score: 208

12.31.2016 | 2:33 PM ET

After her loss to Holm it sounded like a lot of the projects she was attached to were put on hold. I think this loss makes it incredibly unlikely that she can revive those gigs. Perhaps she can appear in a straight to netflix film with Sensei Seagal and Michael Madson (probably would watch).

"I wanted to meet interesting and stimulating people of an ancient culture, and kill them."

dtrain24
dtrain24
  • Predictions:  12,043  |  65.8%
  • Forum Posts:  3,212
  • Post Score: 235

12.31.2016 | 2:39 PM ET

@Yoss I agree that would be the best way to go, but Rousey's mental state may be too unpredictable. Obviously, time will tell and we'll see what happens though. 

"His legacy is money. My legacy is smesh." -Khabib

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

12.31.2016 | 6:41 PM ET

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

mbach4307
mbach4307
  • Predictions:  934  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  887
  • Post Score: 137

12.31.2016 | 8:09 PM ET

Does anyone else find it a tad sickening that most of these mainstream "journalists" are now ****ting all over Ronda after this loss? I get the first one, but this one wasn't nearly as shocking. Plus, they were riding her junk when she was finishing everyone in under a minute. They were the ones talking about her being the best fighter in the world. People who were watching the UFC for longer than 3 months knew the truth of it, but they were the ones who created the phenomenon. I don't mind mma media being critical, but **** skip Bayless, Jim Rome, Colin cowherd, and their kind. 

"Where are my shoes?"

mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

12.31.2016 | 8:12 PM ET

I think her performance was pretty disgraceful, didn't go for any grappling at all. Completely fought Nunes' fight and didn't even try anything. This is the kind of girl she would normally just take down and armbar, she's just not the same after getting KO'd. I think she should be criticized for her gameplan, big time, it was ****. Even as she's against the cage taking punches, not one attempt for a clinch, a trip, sweep, toss, nothing.

I don't know what to say about her, this is not Ronda Rousey anymore, it's just Ronda now.
This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 2 months, 2 weeks, 1 day, 7 hours, and 1 minute from now.
Kuma
Kuma
  • Predictions:  40,063  |  67.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,845
  • Post Score: 210

12.31.2016 | 9:45 PM ET

I was interested in Dana's reaction,but I only got through 1 minute of it."She built this whole thing" bla bla bla.Women would have been in the UFC eventually with or without Rousey.She did a ton for the sport but giving her 100% of the credit for women's mma,saying it would never have existed in the UFC if it wasn't for her, is ludicrous.Promoters gonna promote,but jeez it's annoying.

Also I would take this version of Nunes over any version of Ronda.The Holm fight hardly changed her (if at all) how could the result have changed her and made her so much worse if she totally sucked in that fight?It didn't make her worse (much,maybe hurt her confidence),it exposed her glaring weaknesses and stupid fight IQ,coupled with the evolution of female mma/competition.I don't think she's that much different than before,she just hasn't evolved like most,and never fought fighters with the same skill as Holm and Nunes.

* Edited at 12.31.2016, 9:51 PM ET *

unbeknownst
unbeknownst

01.01.2017 | 8:24 PM ET

"I wanted to meet interesting and stimulating people of an ancient culture, and kill them."

Sidzy05
Sidzy05
  • Predictions:  462  |  53.9%
  • Forum Posts:  8
  • Post Score: -25

01.01.2017 | 9:20 PM ET

Prediction: correct Nunes   correct KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

I completely disagree that Ronda would have just taken Nunes down and hit and armbar just like that.. Nunes is a different animal. She beats her now and she beats her then.. Only thing that would have different in the past is that Ronda could have possibly beat her Nunes before the fight.. But once those punches start flying Ronda staggers down in a heap 

"."

unbeknownst
unbeknownst

01.01.2017 | 10:03 PM ET

Hard to say. Rousey handled Nunes' last three losses (Zingano, D'Alelio, Davis) with ease. I looks like Nunes has finally put it all together. I can't wait for all the Nunes vs. Cyborg talk.  

yasdas
yasdas
  • Predictions:  2,597  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  517
  • Post Score: 140

01.02.2017 | 12:14 AM ET

Prediction: correct Nunes   wrong Submission   wrong Round 2  

Honestly, I'm tired of Cyborg talk in general. I just wish she would stop existing. I would pick Nunes against her partially because I want her to lose and partially because she's showed vulnerability on the ground against Carano.

"I must become shape" - Khabib Nurmagomedov

mikeyg
mikeyg

01.02.2017 | 12:54 AM ET

7 years ago...lol and no Gina had maybe 30 seconds of offense in that fight.
This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 2 months, 2 weeks, 1 day, 7 hours, and 1 minute from now.
rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

01.02.2017 | 10:24 AM ET

Ronda looked out of it from the start.

unbeknownst
unbeknownst

01.02.2017 | 3:56 PM ET

She did look out of it from the start. I got this pick completely wrong. In hindsight all the signs were there that Ronda wasn't going to have one of her vintage virtuoso performances against Nunes. It's clear now that she's just a shell of herself.

Holly waited on Ronda to fire first and just beautifully countered her. However Nunes went right after Ronda and completely overwhelmed her. If you watch the replay, Ronda wasn't looking to strike first. She was trying to figure out how to defend herself, but Nunes was just blasting through her meager defense.       

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

01.03.2017 | 8:19 AM ET

Was Ronda blushing once she got hit? Anyone notice that?

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,552  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

01.04.2017 | 3:46 AM ET

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

OutlawJoseyWales
OutlawJoseyWales
  • Predictions:  10,186  |  59.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,392
  • Post Score: -147

01.05.2017 | 7:32 PM ET

easiest money i ever made and  when i was in las vegas for xmas and new years you could wager on amanda nunes winning in under a minute +550. i wagered 200(1100 profit) on that. the fight went exactly the way i thought it would go. rousey is the perferct example of somebody who can dish out punishment but can't take it. you can't learn that. 1000 on a + 150 money line(the moneyline on the whole fight)"1500 profit" so  i made a total of 2600 in 48 seconds. pretty good stuff.

* Edited at 01.05.2017, 7:34 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 6 months, 1 week, 1 day, 8 hours, and 31 minutes from now.
mikeyg
mikeyg

01.05.2017 | 8:05 PM ET

If you were confident in Nunes you based it on mentality and not skill-set. The Ronda we saw was not Ronda at her best. Ronda just isn't the same, but her skill-set and athleticism is still at a higher level. There's nothing about Nunes that is more special than Cat Zingano or any of Ronda's wins who've beat Nunes. I would pick Ronda again easily if this was the Ronda before Holly.

* Edited at 01.05.2017, 8:07 PM ET *

yasdas
yasdas
  • Predictions:  2,597  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  517
  • Post Score: 140

01.06.2017 | 12:58 AM ET

Prediction: correct Nunes   wrong Submission   wrong Round 2  

I based my confidence in Nunes on her skillset, actually. I know Nunes would beat the **** out of her on the feet, prime or not, and I think Nunes would be able to avoid getting taken down by a prime Ronda too. I wuold pick Nunes again easily if this was the Ronda before Holly.

* Edited at 01.06.2017, 1:55 AM ET *

"I must become shape" - Khabib Nurmagomedov

Page 5

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Mitch Raposo steps into UFC 302 for debut vs. Andre Lima
  • MMA Junkie : Stamp Fairtex out of ONE 167 due to injury, scheduled ONE 168 champ vs. champ bout in question
  • UFC.com : Islam Makhachev’s Career Highlights | Title Wins To Best Finishes
  • MMA Junkie : Justin Gaethje credits fight style for his bigger UFC paydays
  • UFC.com : Flyweight Thriller Between Alex Perez And Tatsuro Taira Headlines At UFC APEX
  • MMA Mania : VIDEO: Sound & Pound — Who’s Next For Mix And Murphy?
  • UFC.com : UFC Lightweight Title Lineage
  • MMA Mania : Brennan Arrested For Alleged Sexual Abuse
  • Bad Left Hook : Fisher vs Babic headlines July 6 NXTGEN show
  • MMAFighting.com : TKO president compares Dana White to NBA’s David Stern when it comes to building superstars
  • MMA Junkie : UFC champion Leon Edwards welcomes Conor McGregor title defense: 'That needs to happen'
  • Bad Left Hook : Davies, Heaney, Cameron highlight July 20 Magnificent Seven show
  • Middle Easy : Leon Edwards Agrees To Fight Conor McGregor Next After UFC 304, Prefers MSG As Venue
  • UFC.com : UFC UNFILTERED | Themba Gorimbo, Arturo Guillén, UFC Fight Night: Barboza vs Murphy Takeaways
  • Bad Left Hook : RANKINGS: Usyk is king of the heavyweights, plus Loma, Berinchyk, more
  • MMA Mania : Fury Betting Underdog For Usyk Rematch
  • MMA Junkie : Jacob Brennan, husband/coach of UFC's Hailey Cowan, arrested on child sex crime allegations in Texas
  • Middle Easy : Sean O’Malley Details Being ‘Swatted’ After Prank Caller Reported He Killed His Parents
  • MMAFighting.com : ‘The Rock’ transforms into Mark Kerr in first look at new film ‘The Smashing Machine’
  • Bad Left Hook : Should undisputed Usyk retire? And how good is Opetaia?: Boxing’s weekend recap