Topic: Gadelha vs. Casey

Gadelha vs. Casey

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,619  |  73.7%
  • Forum Posts:  17,552
  • Post Score: 60

09.27.2016 | 3:17 PM ET

This is the official discussion thread for Gadelha vs. Casey. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 2

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,515  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

11.19.2016 | 10:14 AM ET

Prediction: correct Gadelha   correct Decision  

@AlexSpan, Claudia didn't do he usual Nova Unaio cut 5,000lbs on fight week to come in as big as possible and try to conserve gas during the fight. She did this camp in the states and has been dieting and losing fat during camp. She was 4.5lbs off 2 days before weigh ins.

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

Lopati
Lopati
  • Predictions:  18,574  |  61.4%
  • Forum Posts:  13,352
  • Post Score: 179

11.19.2016 | 11:32 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Casey   wrong Submission   wrong Round 2  

No Hespect for Cortney

"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it." Jose Ortega y Gasset

maccca3232
maccca3232
  • Predictions:  123  |  65.9%
  • Forum Posts:  81
  • Post Score: 107

12.04.2016 | 6:47 PM ET

Guess we can add Claudia to that long list of fighters that have called out Carla.

I think now they just taking piss now because they all know 'Cookie Monster' doesn't want to fight a top opponent.
unbeknownst
unbeknownst
  • Predictions:  5,020  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,679
  • Post Score: 208

12.04.2016 | 8:54 PM ET

The fact that Carla said so much is not a good look for her. She has zero title aspirations right now, but she's ranked too high, because of her previous title, to get offered scrubs.

"I wanted to meet interesting and stimulating people of an ancient culture, and kill them."

PilloryChoke
PilloryChoke
  • Predictions:  32,008  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,972
  • Post Score: 195

12.04.2016 | 11:46 PM ET

Kinda seems like Esparza was broken by Jedrzejczyk.

"When Conor fought Cowboy, he looked like a lion. When he fights stronger opponents, he looks like a scared chicken." - Khabib

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,515  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

12.05.2016 | 3:16 AM ET

Carla stating how she "showed up" against Claudia means nothing. She had to show up, she was the champ and Gadelha was the #1 contender.

The fact that she's turning down fight with Gadelha left and right and then complaining about not having money and asking for a fight for so long means much more than her showing up the last couple of times.

You can't have it both ways. You want to complain about not getting fights? Don't turn them down when offered. You want to pick and choose your opponents because you haven't had a full camp for two years? That's cool, don't go and complaint about not getting fights and having to sell your Harley.

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

erickjhonson
erickjhonson
  • Predictions:  1  |  100.0%
  • Forum Posts:  58
  • Post Score: -16

12.05.2016 | 3:56 AM ET

Both are skillful but i will go for the girl from Brazil
This user is suspended from posting until 2 years, 7 months, 2 weeks, 2 days, 3 hours, and 7 minutes from now.
maccca3232
maccca3232
  • Predictions:  123  |  65.9%
  • Forum Posts:  81
  • Post Score: 107

12.05.2016 | 4:57 AM ET

and another... just saw a Jo Jo tweet from a couple of days where she said before agreeing to her last fight with Andrade she asked for Carla.

In fairness, we don't know whether the UFC offered Carla that fight or not, but still that is half of the top 10 fighters in her division who have shown interest in fighting her.

JAG
Kowalkiewicz
Andrade
Gadelha
Calderwood

Pretty clear that Esparza shouldn't be ranked in the top 5 anymore, possibly not even the top 10.
unbeknownst
unbeknownst
  • Predictions:  5,020  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,679
  • Post Score: 208

12.05.2016 | 7:15 PM ET

When the UFC offers a bout to a healthy fighter and they turn it down, they don't like that. That usually means that you don't get offered another fight for the next next few months after, regardless if you keep asking for a fight or not.

The UFC are treating Carla like any of their former champs, they're offering her fights that get her right back into contention. I can't think of another former champ that was offered a fight outside of the top 10 immediately after they lost the belt, regardless of how they lost it. 

"I wanted to meet interesting and stimulating people of an ancient culture, and kill them."

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Borralho Vs. Craig Betting Odds, Breakdown, Prediction
  • MMA Mania : Inspirational Pereira ‘Not Worried’ About Legacy Talk
  • MMA Mania : White ‘Probably A Little Mad’ About McGregor BKFC Deal
  • MMAFighting.com : Jairzinho Rozenstruik plans to reconnect with ‘my real power source’ in Suriname, return against a top heavyweight
  • MMA Junkie : Karine Silva will keep 'unreachable' callout secret for one more fight after UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMA Mania : Matches To Make After UFC Vegas 91
  • MMA Mania : Matches To Maker After UFC Vegas 91
  • MMA Junkie : Ketlen Souza unwilling to take breaks after scoring first octagon win at UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMAFighting.com : Bogdan Guskov promises to keep delivering exciting fights after UFC Vegas 91 win: ‘I love blood’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 winner Maheshate felt 'extra burden' after consecutive losses
  • MMA Mania : Covington On ‘Nobody’ Garry: ‘He’s Not Serious’
  • MMAFighting.com : Bryan Barberena announces UFC exit, calls for ‘real brawler’ BKFC battle with Mike Perry
  • MMA Junkie : Austin Hubbard admits he was 'super nervous, stressed out' before UFC on ESPN 55 win
  • MMA Junkie : Charly Arnolt details historic impromptu UFC cage announcer role: 'I was scared of messing up'
  • MMAFighting.com : Paddy Pimblett responds to UFC 300 callouts from Renato Moicano, Bobby Green
  • MMA Junkie : 'LokDog' Vinicius Oliveira gets Ricky Simon in first fight since UFC Knockout of the Year candidate
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 winner Don'Tale Mayes wants quick return on hometown Louisville card
  • MMA Mania : ‘My Style, It’s Worst Style For This Guy Dustin’
  • MMAFighting.com : Thiago Alves retires from combat sports after Mike Perry knockout loss at KnuckleMania 4
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Ryan Garcia shows Colby Covington left hooks after Donald Trump meetup in Florida