Tapology Forums

Joe Rogan Leaving?

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

cheesuschets
cheesuschets
  • Predictions:  77  |  57.1%
  • Forum Posts:  3
  • Post Score: 333

07.10.2016 | 2:20 AM ET

everyone knows his contact is up soon.  

the way he and goldberg were talking today makes me think he may be leaving.

Responses

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

07.10.2016 | 2:22 AM ET

My guess is that, if the UFC is indeed sold, Rogan will stay on if Dana White stays on. No Dana, no Joe. 

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,515  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

07.10.2016 | 10:10 AM ET

^like he said.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

jodybanman
jodybanman
  • Predictions:  3,332  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,707
  • Post Score: 237

07.10.2016 | 9:47 PM ET

Personally, I'd love to see Brian Stann do the big events, he's way more insightful.  Joe Rogan is a fan of the sport, maybe somewhat of an insider, but still doesn't have the understanding of the sport that a former fighter does.  Stann takes his job seriously and does his homework, too.  I've heard everything Joe Rogan has to say, he says the same things over and over and over again, and I think it's a great time to replace him.  Goldberg too, frankly.

* Edited at 07.10.2016, 9:51 PM ET *

"I don't want to have to do this living. I just walk around. I want to be swept off my feet, you know? I want my children to have magical powers. I am prepared for amazing things to happen. I can handle it."

Lopati
Lopati
  • Predictions:  18,574  |  61.4%
  • Forum Posts:  13,352
  • Post Score: 179

07.10.2016 | 11:52 PM ET

Rogan has far more experience around martial arts than Brian Stann and doesn't put me to sleep like Stann does.

"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it." Jose Ortega y Gasset

Lopati
Lopati
  • Predictions:  18,574  |  61.4%
  • Forum Posts:  13,352
  • Post Score: 179

07.11.2016 | 12:01 AM ET

I believe Rogan to be gone either way end of 2016.  I would like to see Joe do 200 ppv's then leave, if he is to leave.

Sholler obviously the heir apparent to Dana. He is more network friendly and doesn't have the reputation like Dana.  Dana will mentor for 12-18 months than be gone.  

"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it." Jose Ortega y Gasset

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

07.11.2016 | 7:28 AM ET

looks like Dana kept his stake so i would assume he stays.

jonnyboy6969
jonnyboy6969
  • Predictions:  93,018  |  67.7%
  • Forum Posts:  411
  • Post Score: 235

07.11.2016 | 8:02 AM ET

Dana's staying, Rogan's not. 

"Fortune favors the bold."

jodybanman
jodybanman
  • Predictions:  3,332  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,707
  • Post Score: 237

07.11.2016 | 8:36 PM ET

I've never really found Rogan's shrill screaming entertaining, I prefer a commentator who adds to the experience of watching fights with insight into what it going on, rather than distracting from it.  Rogan and Goldberg have been running on fumes for years.

"I don't want to have to do this living. I just walk around. I want to be swept off my feet, you know? I want my children to have magical powers. I am prepared for amazing things to happen. I can handle it."

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

07.12.2016 | 8:00 AM ET

He was a name before the UFC was popular. 

bklettke
bklettke
  • Predictions:  2,109  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,761
  • Post Score: 117

07.12.2016 | 8:30 AM ET

I'd prefer if Rogan stayed and Goldberg went. Seriously, MFG has been around way too long now. How many times can we hear "IT IS ALL OVER" and listen to him broadcast inaccurate information. How many time does Joe have to correct him in the middle of a fight? Seems like once each time they broadcast together.

All that said, I'd love to see Brian Stann and Jon Anik call the action together for the big shows, or Stann and anyone ....

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : ‘Is This Guy For Real?!?’
  • MMA Junkie : Dana White praises Joaquin Buckley's UFC on ESPN 56 win, but shuts down his Conor McGregor request
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch ring announcer completely bungle fight result for Lomachenko vs. Kambosos co-main event
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 2024 post-fight bonus winners: Inside the numbers
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 56 bonuses: 12-second winner is a $50K no-brainer
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC St. Louis bonuses: Trey Waters, Billy Goff take home Fight of the Night following epic war
  • MMA Mania : OUCH! Rebecki Shares Photo Of His Mangled Face
  • MMA Mania : Bonuses! ‘Black Jag’ Banks $50K For 12 Seconds Of Work
  • UFC.com : Bonus Coverage | UFC St. Louis
  • MMAFighting.com : ‘Balls got hot again’: Pros react to Derrick Lewis knocking out Rodrigo Nascimento at UFC St. Louis
  • MMAFighting.com : Derrick Lewis scores vicious knockout, moons crowd at UFC St. Louis 
  • MMA Mania : Hot Balls Highlights! Lewis Delivers Vicious KO Before Mooning Crowd
  • Middle Easy : Derrick Lewis Pulls Off Epic KO, Then His Shorts In Wild Celebration – UFC St. Louis Results (Highlights)
  • MMA Junkie : Social media reacts to Derrick Lewis' KO of Rodrigo Nascimento, wild celebration at UFC on ESPN 56
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC St. Louis post-fight press conference video
  • MMAFighting.com : Derrick Lewis vs. Rodrigo Nascimento full fight video highlights
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC St. Louis live blog: Derrick Lewis vs. Rodrigo Nascimento
  • MMA Mania : ‘Black Beast’ Batters Nascimento In Record-Setting KO
  • MMA Mania : Lomachenko Vs. Kamobosos Live Fight Blog, Highlights
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 56 results: Derrick Lewis moons St. Louis crowd after KO of Rodrigo Nascimento