Topic: Fighter News & Gossip

Travis Browne accused of domestic violence

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Stay Ready
Stay Ready
  • Predictions:  3,011  |  63.7%
  • Forum Posts:  434
  • Post Score: 241

07.09.2015 | 2:49 AM ET

https://instagram.com/p/45zaB4qbx6/

RIP in pieces, Browne's UFC career.

"UFN 68 | 06.06.2015 | WIN | CthulhuJenner & Pinkhornet | Submission (Verbal)"

Responses

Kpro
Kpro
  • Predictions:  11,208  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  4,927
  • Post Score: 255

07.09.2015 | 2:56 AM ET

I've seen this sort of thing recently, involving a ring card girl.

This is obviously attempted murder.

They should check Browne's arms for scratches.

* Edited at 07.09.2015, 2:57 AM ET *

"I Stab Waterbeds!"

Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle
  • Predictions:  22,482  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  11,857
  • Post Score: 236

07.09.2015 | 3:01 AM ET

If true the UFC will probably give him a contract extension if their history of dealing with domestic abuse is any indication

"She be curvin all the locals, must like foreigns and this is when I had the Martin, I was just like Lawrence so wassup"

Nomad
Nomad
  • Predictions:  3,465  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  5,117
  • Post Score: 181

07.09.2015 | 3:15 AM ET

Thank Christ I'm *****

"If I have a goal, then it is to escape from this literalism. I'll never achieve it; in the same way that I'll never manage to describe what really dwells within my character, although I keep on trying."

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,503  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

07.09.2015 | 7:42 AM ET

Not good at all.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

jonnyboy6969
jonnyboy6969
  • Predictions:  92,901  |  67.6%
  • Forum Posts:  409
  • Post Score: 233

07.09.2015 | 7:49 AM ET

@Live2wrestle I have been very disappointed with how they've dealt with woman beaters in the past,

Other than Will Chope and Thiago Silva I can't think of many others who were cut for domestic abuse, they don't really seem to give a **** if their fighters slap their women around. 

"Fortune favors the bold."

Nomad
Nomad

07.09.2015 | 7:55 AM ET

What's giving him the boot going to do by the UFC? I hope his wife gives him the boot however. 

"If I have a goal, then it is to escape from this literalism. I'll never achieve it; in the same way that I'll never manage to describe what really dwells within my character, although I keep on trying."

jonnyboy6969
jonnyboy6969

07.09.2015 | 8:46 AM ET

I believe she already has but sadly he's the father of her child/children.

Hope she files charges, gets full custody and he gets canned by the UFC.

Nomad
Nomad

07.09.2015 | 9:11 AM ET

Can I first start off by saying I don't really care if Travis Browne gets cut, as heavyweight MMA is just dismal to me anyways. What I will say is, I feel like if a guy like Reza Madadi does his time he should be able to fight for the UFC again, fighters personal lives are hardly your business and you will never get the full, true story in almost any matter. It's not a privilege to be a fighter but rather a sacrifice. Let's not treat them like a 12 year-old who got into a fight so now little Johnny has to sit in a corner for 10 hours while all his friends go to an amusement park, HAHA!

I guess, what I am saying is..about the Travis Browne case directly what...you think trying to take away a man's way of life, take away his financial security will MAKE HIM LEARN? Give a guy a ****tier life he's probably more likely to do ****** things, I think Newton said that. Look, she should leave him if she wants to leave him, hell she should probably leave him even if she doesn't want to in my opinion. If she decides to press charges, that's fine too it's rightful for him to pay for what he's done and as for getting the kids I mean the mother usually does but for all we know he could be an angel of a father and she could be a complete **** to her kids, I doubt it and she probably deserves custody but Jesus Christ the ******* God I don't believe in, why are we discussing this? We haven't a clue. 

The US justice system may suck, and the UFC has the right to cut anyone for whatever reason they want because there is no union so one guy can attack his wife and stay, another's gotta go. I don't think cutting Travis Browne is necessary maybe suspending him but this isn't really the UFC fanbases business, it's hardly the UFCs if not only for the reason we don't really know what happened. Regardless, there's no reason for this women to have lumps and bruises literally from head to toe....I grew up in an environment where this was an everyday thing. Women deserve a lot more than what life gives them and they are far from having any kind of equality but it's not the law as much as it's social problems. We need to shed awareness and educate people better in my opinion, more empathy for our fellow humans.   

jonnyboy6969
jonnyboy6969

07.09.2015 | 9:21 AM ET

I understand what you're saying, I don't really give a ****. I just hate men who abuse women and children.

They probably won't cut him, he's a Top 10 HW and he has a good amount of fans. It's a business first and foremost, obviously. 

I'll just root against him from here on out(I already was anyway).

joking_joe
joking_joe
  • Predictions:  6,589  |  65.4%
  • Forum Posts:  945
  • Post Score: 393

07.09.2015 | 3:36 PM ET

CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones
  • Predictions:  40,133  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,674
  • Post Score: 286

07.09.2015 | 3:43 PM ET

You gotta be a ******* slow tard female to date a professional athlete at this point given all the domestic abuse cases that flood in every year where the perps are athletes. The money is nice until we get in an argument and he bounces my head off a wall, rips one of the oak double doors off the hinges and starts pulverizing me into the floor with it. Date an accountant instead.

Edit: Not excusing Travis Browne from this meatheaded ******** behavior. He should be arrested. You're a 260 lb MMA fighter and you wanna beat on a chick like that? **** off man, you have no place in society.

* Edited at 07.09.2015, 3:57 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 5 months, 1 week, 5 days, 13 hours, and 21 minutes from now.
legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune
  • Predictions:  14,159  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,349
  • Post Score: 240

07.09.2015 | 4:07 PM ET

@Cthulu  

ITS THE ROID RAAAGE!!!

"he is going to the hospital, and im going to the after party, ha ha ha" Nate Diaz

joking_joe
joking_joe
  • Predictions:  6,589  |  65.4%
  • Forum Posts:  945
  • Post Score: 393

07.09.2015 | 4:42 PM ET

legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune
  • Predictions:  14,159  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,349
  • Post Score: 240

07.09.2015 | 8:42 PM ET

I want to give the benefit of the doubt to Browne, inocent until proven guilty right?  I´m not saying he is inocent but I wont crucifix him on acusations alone.

I´ve had a lot of abused female patients and the demeanor of Travis´s wife is not the typical of abused women, I´m NOT giving a professional statement I´m just saying instagraming your pictures, hashtaging them and saying you feel ashamed is not consistent with abused women behavior. In my experience they do feel ashamed, they want privacy and don´t want to deal with **** like making things public, at least not until time has passed and they feel safer and have worked on their self esteem.
but of course not every person reacts the same, and I dont know her at all so I don´t want to make any conclusions just like I don´t want to make any conclusions about Travis. I´d rather wait for any investagation and se what´s what.

"he is going to the hospital, and im going to the after party, ha ha ha" Nate Diaz

loudenSwain
loudenSwain
  • Predictions:  15,071  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,313
  • Post Score: 283

07.09.2015 | 9:15 PM ET

If hit her too but only with my penis

Ps
Yes. I'm ashamed of myself for posting that. Hope it's not true. 

* Edited at 07.09.2015, 9:15 PM ET *

"This is Prize-Fighting, IDGAF about your family or your problems - MassaBruce"

Twister44
Twister44
  • Predictions:  5,181  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  765
  • Post Score: 231

07.09.2015 | 9:26 PM ET

Rules of being a professional athlete and dating:

#1: Dont. Regardless of being innocent or guilty, your career will be ****** if allegations such as these arise. 

If I were a rich professional athlete, I could wait on getting snatch until my retirement years. 

"I am the real Nick Miller"

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,503  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

07.10.2015 | 6:58 AM ET

How can someone do that to someone who is so much smaller than they are?

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

OutlawJoseyWales
OutlawJoseyWales
  • Predictions:  10,186  |  59.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,392
  • Post Score: -147

07.10.2015 | 1:30 PM ET

I hope rothwell breaks some bones. did anybody see that college football player blast that woman in the bar. it was a brutal punch
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 6 months, 3 weeks, 1 day, 18 hours, and 47 minutes from now.
DrGlaze
DrGlaze
  • Predictions:  18,699  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  872
  • Post Score: 188

07.10.2015 | 3:18 PM ET

It's really her word against his at this point. I'm more inclined to believe Travis, since the woman seems like she went straight to Instagram with what could potentially a felonious case instead of filing a police report. Also, @legacyofmisfortune is spot on with his statements. Where I'm from, sadly women pull this type of stuff all the time and a few officers I've talked to say it's becoming more common. He could be innocent, he could be guilty, I'm just putting in my two cents. 

P.S Just throwing this out there, if a 6'7, 250+lb man beat ANYONE I'm sure they would have a lot more than just a few bruises.

"I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet, strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers. -Khalil Gibran "

mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

07.10.2015 | 5:07 PM ET

"It's really her word against his at this point."

This is true, which should mean neither of them gets favoritism and the court will decide.

"I'm more inclined to believe Travis"

Do go on...because while there are definitely fakers of many crimes, I'm usually more inclined to believe the victims if the story is anecdotal.

"since the woman seems like she went straight to Instagram with what could potentially a felonious case instead of filing a police report"

While it is a bit odd, that doesn't mean anything, perhaps she's one of those people who didn't want to get their spouse in trouble and her friends coaxed it out of her, and I don't really mind where she decided to reveal the information, the cops, instragram etc. And look, going on Instragram still had almost the same effect, the police are investigating and this story has the UFC's attention and ours.

"Where I'm from, sadly women pull this type of stuff all the time"

Hey, I noticed where you're from (Texas), and they're probably not pulling anything lol also domestic violence effects men just as much as women, it's just that the men are less likely to call in domestic violence because it makes them look weak or it's not taken quite as serious.

"a few officers I've talked to say it's becoming more common"

More common that there's false accusations of domestic violence or more cases of domestic violence...

Just throwing this out there, if a 6'7, 250+lb man beat ANYONE I'm sure they would have a lot more than just a few bruises"

That's an appeal to consequences and just fallacious, you're either saying he has no control over his violence level or that she made the injuries herself, based on nothing other than your anecdotal opinion of the bruises.
This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 2 months, 4 weeks, 1 day, 17 hours, and 17 minutes from now.

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : Alex Pereira Challenges Anthony Smith To $50,000 Grappling Match, Smith Accepts
  • Jits Magazine : UFC Veteran Raphael Assuncao Spits At 10th Planet Black Belt After Disqualification Win
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! O’Malley Wants Sleepy Time For Mac
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Would Sleep Sean O’Malley’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media
  • MMA Mania : ‘My D—k Didn’t Get Hard!’ Brown Couldn’t ‘Get Fired Up’ About Fight Offer
  • Middle Easy : Sean O’Malley Snaps Back at ‘Sugar’d Up’ Conor McGregor Over Past PED Usage: ‘When Your Idols Turn to Rivals’
  • Middle Easy : Ian Garry Promises to ‘Slap the Mouth Off’ Colby Covingtong Within One Round: ‘Sign the F*cking Contract’
  • MMAFighting.com : Jose Aldo opens as big underdog for potential Sean O’Malley title fight
  • Middle Easy : Dana White Roasted Over Fighter Pay, Slams ‘Liberal F*cks’ Netflix During the Streaming Giant’s Tom Brady Special
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Felt I Can’t Say No’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 medical suspensions: Four fighters receive 180 days but not Jack Shore for leg wound
  • MMAFighting.com : Heather Hardy reveals career likely over due to ‘too much brain damage’
  • MMA Junkie : Weekend boxing review: Canelo Alvarez gave vintage performance. Is David Benavidez next?
  • MMAFighting.com : Dustin Poirier thinks Islam Makhachev is underestimating him ahead of UFC 302
  • MMA Mania : Aspinall In The Dark While Jones ‘Is Playing Games Again’
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 medical suspensions: 3 winners potentially out 6 months
  • Middle Easy : Jose Aldo vs. Sean O’Malley? ‘Very Possible Chance’ Outlandish Title Fight Happens, Says Outspoken UFC Star
  • MMA Junkie : Matt Brown explains how UFC 300 snub finalized retirement decision, says BKFC signing 'not out of the question'
  • MMA Mania : Covington Knows Garry Is A ‘Terrible Stylistic Matchup’