Topic: Terry Webster

retirement or not

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

spursfan1978
spursfan1978
  • Predictions:  2  |  50.0%
  • Forum Posts:  2
  • Post Score: 250

03.31.2015 | 11:31 PM ET

in recent weeks since my fight i have questioned if i should retire from the sport, my family think its time as i went into the fight with a torn ACL and now require surgery to fix it. My heart and my head say have the op and fight on but my body is saying other wise. please feel free to leave your comments any views would be good

Fighter Details

• Name: Terry Webster
  • Pro MMA Record: 0-1-0 (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: N/A
  • Current Streak: 1 Loss
  • Age & Date of Birth: N/A
  • Last Fight: March 07, 2015 in RUK
  • Weight Class: Heavyweight | Last Weigh-In: N/A
  • Affiliation: N/A
  • Height: N/A | Reach: N/A
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $0 USD
  • Born: England
  • Fighting out of: England
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses

SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  32,055  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13,504
  • Post Score: 186

03.31.2015 | 11:42 PM ET

I struggle with this myself man...not with fighting, but with American football...I've played for 20 years of my life on the offensive and defensive lines...so every play for 20 seasons I've endured contact...my body and some people say it's time to close the door, but my heart wants to chase that championship ring every season that I've never had...whatever you decide make sure it's your decision...your friends and family should have input, but at the end make sure it's what you want. 

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

04.01.2015 | 12:42 AM ET

I assume the 1978 from your name is when you were born? If so, you're probably coming to the end of your athletic prime and that's a hard pill to swallow for anyone. Especially if you are having serious or reoccurring injuries. I would say if you decide to compete again, at least take some time off and see how your body feels and heals. If you feel like you want to make one more run at it while you're young, at least get an opinion from a doctor or two. If your heart and head are both telling you that you want to, you could just give it that one last try but at any point if your body isn't in it, get out before you have permanent damage.
This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 2 months, 2 weeks, 6 days, 3 hours, and 20 minutes from now.
spursfan1978
spursfan1978
  • Predictions:  2  |  50.0%
  • Forum Posts:  2
  • Post Score: 250

04.01.2015 | 7:04 PM ET

yes 1978 was my year of birth the injury has been around for a while and it would advised for me to retire with a record of 12-5 no doctor has directly said its time to hang up the gloves both my partner and my daughter and may job have asked the question is it time. could so many people be right 
GreenHornet
GreenHornet
  • Predictions:  42,804  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  10,325
  • Post Score: 203

04.01.2015 | 7:11 PM ET

12 - 5 amateur, or 12 - 5 professionally?

* Edited at 04.01.2015, 7:11 PM ET *

"..."

mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

04.04.2015 | 4:13 AM ET

That's another thing man, if you're family really wants you out and they are the most important thing to you, maybe it's time to get out. Maybe you can become a coach or something so you can stay in sync with the sport you love.
This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 2 months, 2 weeks, 6 days, 3 hours, and 20 minutes from now.

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Bad Left Hook : PREDICTIONS: Tyson Fury vs Oleksandr Usyk and more!
  • MMA Junkie : VIDEO: Soccer legend Sergio Ramos exchanges jerseys with UFC's Merab Dvalishvili
  • UFC.com : Oumar Sy Is In The Right Place At The Right Time
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Rabbit is good animal’: Oleksandr Usyk unaffected by taunts of Tyson Fury
  • Middle Easy : Islam Makhachev Open To Conor McGregor Fight Before Arman Tsarukyan: ‘Everyone Can Finish Conor’
  • MMA Junkie : Tom Aspinall says Ciryl Gane turned down fight for UFC 304, reacts to Curtis Blaydes booking
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Almost Died!’ Surging Silva Became Fighter By Accident
  • MMAFighting.com : Patchy Mix: ‘I would finish Sean O’Malley without a damn doubt,’ expects Merab Dvalishvili to do the same
  • UFC.com : Carlston Harris: ‘It’s Going To Be A War’
  • MMA Junkie : Islam Makhachev certainly open to fight Conor McGregor after UFC 302: 'People have to be stupid to say no'
  • MMAFighting.com : Themba Gorimbo promises spectacular win at UFC Vegas 92 in honor of coach’s late mother
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Let’s make history’: Usyk primed for undisputed showdown with Fury
  • UFC.com : Don’t Sleep On Khaos Williams
  • MMAFighting.com : Lennox Lewis ‘concerned’ Tyson Fury overreacted by losing too much weight: ‘His legs are skinny’
  • MMA Mania : Meet UFC’s Game-Playing Holder Upper
  • MMA Junkie : Waldo Cortes-Acosta calls out Jairzinho Rozenstruik: 'He can challenge me to become a better striker'
  • Bad Left Hook : Fury vs Usyk odds have Tyson as narrow favorite in undisputed clash
  • Middle Easy : UFC 304 Main Card Revealed With Two Title Fights, Tom Aspinall Reacts To Interim Title Defense
  • MMAFighting.com : Dan Hardy questions Cedric Doumbe’s focus after bizarre splinter loss
  • MMAFighting.com : Video: Tyson Fury refuses to look at Oleksandr Usyk during contentious faceoff