Tapology Forums

Conor snatches Aldo's belt again!

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

poir420
poir420
  • Predictions:  143,346  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  18,232
  • Post Score: 245

03.31.2015 | 2:43 PM ET

CANT WAIT FOR THIS FIGHT!!!

"“All of a sudden, he was shooting for a takedown, and I’m like, ‘Oh, you’re a wrestler now? Remember, I’m the black belt in jiu-jitsu. And you’re shooting on me now? This is a wrap." - Nate Diaz"

Responses

poir420
poir420
  • Predictions:  143,346  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  18,232

03.31.2015 | 2:45 PM ET

I really think Aldo is going to be something fierce for this fight. I could see Conor winning but I really think he woke the beast.

"“All of a sudden, he was shooting for a takedown, and I’m like, ‘Oh, you’re a wrestler now? Remember, I’m the black belt in jiu-jitsu. And you’re shooting on me now? This is a wrap." - Nate Diaz"

Solaris
Solaris
  • Predictions:  1,079  |  65.3%
  • Forum Posts:  52
  • Post Score: 146

03.31.2015 | 2:54 PM ET

Aldo is mentally ****** up.

"Life is the biggest party ever. Do everything to not to be a waiter on it."

unbeknownst
unbeknownst
  • Predictions:  5,020  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,679
  • Post Score: 208

03.31.2015 | 3:05 PM ET

I can't get over how tiny Aldo looks next to McGregor.

Conor looks like the big brother that took the toy away from his younger bother and is holding it above his head while the younger bother is saying, "give it back."

"I wanted to meet interesting and stimulating people of an ancient culture, and kill them."

Nomad
Nomad
  • Predictions:  3,465  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  5,117
  • Post Score: 181

03.31.2015 | 3:18 PM ET

I mean, Conor and Aldo have different builds but they really are about the same exact size. MMA fans are kinda stupid. They automatically call the shorter guy, smaller which clearly isn't an accurate measurement of size at all and if they don't do that they use walk around weight which again isn't an accurate measurement of size at all. 

Conor has a bigger frame, so he will look bigger in clothing. Conor also has very petite legs and a very thin torso....Aldo is not just more muscular, but has a thicker body naturally and larger legs.

"If I have a goal, then it is to escape from this literalism. I'll never achieve it; in the same way that I'll never manage to describe what really dwells within my character, although I keep on trying."

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,359  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,487
  • Post Score: 203

03.31.2015 | 3:24 PM ET

I really believe Aldo wins this fight without much trouble. People claiming McGregor got into Aldo's head.. no. There's a drastic difference in what it means to be in someone's head and what it means to just straight piss someone off. This situation is the latter. McGregor has been disrespectful and has quite honestly become a bad joke at this point. McGregor has no respect for the belt yet people want this clown to be champion. He probably doesn't even look in Aldo's direction when camera's aren't on him. He only does **** like this at the pressers because he knows Dana won't allow it escalate to much more than a yelling match. I sincerely hope Conor keeps this up. Aldo is one of the most underpaid, under-appreciated fighters of all time. When he thrashes McGregor, he's in for a huge payday. 

* Edited at 03.31.2015, 3:26 PM ET *

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

03.31.2015 | 3:39 PM ET

@Nomad,

Ive literally seen you argue the same thing your excusing other MMA fans of stupidly doing several times.

* Edited at 03.31.2015, 3:40 PM ET *

"here I come to save the day"

zarog
zarog
  • Predictions:  2,855  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  4,174
  • Post Score: 241

03.31.2015 | 3:47 PM ET

Aldo's one of my favorite fighters. Second favorite to be exact. But Mike, you're delusional if you can't see that McGregor is good enough to give Aldo a real fight. And pissing off Aldo may actually be something he wants to do. Aldo went for the KO against Mendes in their 2nd fight and looked sloppy at times. 

The style clash here gives me pause. I'll still pick Aldo because he has faced great opposition and been in bad situations, but hasn't wilted. We've only seen McGregor in a bad position once, when he tore his ACL, but he was fighting a green Holloway that really had nothing other than striking at that time. To beat Aldo, I truly believe you have to beat him on the feet. If you can't outwork him on the feet, you're not gonna beat Aldo, because his TDD and general instincts within scrambling positions are just above and beyond everyone else. His counters to TDs are also amongst the best in the sport. His striking, while typically sound, is simply not all that varied. His back leg leg-kicks are up there with Thiago Alves' and his jab has gotten to be a useful weapon (not as good as GSP's, but Aldo's as close to using the jab effectively as anyone since GSP). He can do a lot of the other things in striking, he just doesn't. When he does use the left hook to the body (actually, that's my favorite technique that he throws) he has a ton he can do, but he rarely uses it. Conor's size, speed, southpaw stance, and striking savvy are something Aldo has not seen as champion. The last guy that would be the closest matchup to Conor would be Cub Swanson. Yes, I know how that went, but I've wanted to see a rematch forever because I don't think for a second that Aldo puts Cub away in one round a second time. 

The thing that I think is interesting is Conor saying he can put Aldo away inside of one round. That....I find really hard to believe. Unless it's a flash KO, Conor is not going to put Aldo away inside of one round. Conor keeps talking about his KOs, but here's the thing, Aldo was knocking out everybody until he became champion. He brutalized Faber and Hominick bad enough that most guys would have been finished. Yeah, he changed his style to be less wild, but it's not like the guys he fights have been getting finished left and right since he beat them. McGregor hasn't been fighting championship caliber fighters, so we'll see if he can keep KOing guys after he starts fighting the same caliber of fighters Aldo has been for the last 5 years. Just like a lot of other champions, once you start fighting consistently high quality fighters, finishing becomes a lot more difficult. 

"Surrender??!! You think this letter on my head stands for France?" - Captain America

legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune
  • Predictions:  14,159  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,349
  • Post Score: 240

03.31.2015 | 4:35 PM ET

Sonnen paid for all his ******** against Silva, Connor won't be any luckier that Chael

"he is going to the hospital, and im going to the after party, ha ha ha" Nate Diaz

thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794
  • Predictions:  5,113  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,315
  • Post Score: 142

03.31.2015 | 5:29 PM ET

I might be the only man in Ireland that wants to see this ******** knocked out July 11th.

"I really feel like I'm the most dangerous guy out there" BJ Penn........... UFC on Fox 2 event winner :)

Franklin880088
Franklin880088

03.31.2015 | 5:31 PM ET

If Connor a ********, what does that make Thiago silva?

I mean you must see the irony in the fact you want Connor to lose because you say that "he a ********", yet you are rocking a Thiago Silva username/avatar..............

* Edited at 03.31.2015, 5:41 PM ET *

GreenHornet
GreenHornet
  • Predictions:  42,804  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  10,325
  • Post Score: 203

03.31.2015 | 6:12 PM ET

Conor can taunt Aldo all he wants, but it won't have a positive effect for him come fight time.  Chael tried to get in Anderson Silva's head with all of his trash talk and it failed him twice. DC (as much as I hate to admit it) tried to get inside Jon Jones' head with trash talk and it resulted in a convincing decision victory for Jon Jones.  Nick Diaz trash talked the hell out of GSP, and it ended in GSP turning Diaz into a grappling dummy and cruising to decision victory.

All Conor is doing is throwing gasoline on a fire by trying to do all the head games ********, and I honestly believe it is going to backfire on him in the end.

"..."

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051

03.31.2015 | 6:26 PM ET

@Franklin's observation is relevant. 

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

curtwag84
curtwag84
  • Predictions:  13,940  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,695
  • Post Score: 273

03.31.2015 | 6:33 PM ET

I was pretty confident McGregor was going to win when this fight was announced but now I think Aldo may be so pissed he turns in another Faber performance.

"I'd like to take this chance, to appologize. To absolutely nobody. -Connor McGreGOAT"

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

03.31.2015 | 7:14 PM ET

If Aldo gets aggressive like he was against Chad Mendes, he might have a problem against a more diverse counter striker like McGregor who excels against aggression. McGregor's boxing style just matches up ridiculously well with Aldo's.

However, if Aldo brings that ruthless aggression that he brought back in the WEC...who ******* knows. Will McGregor even have a chance to throw a punch when Aldo is swarming him like a mad man? I doubt that.

I also know that Poirier was having a decent amount of success with leg kicks against McGregor, who didn't even bother checking them. One kick eaten from Aldo is going to make him regret the **** out of that.

But honestly, who ******* knows who wins this fight. I have no idea. This is an amazing title fight.

"الله أكبرl"

thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794
  • Predictions:  5,113  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,315
  • Post Score: 142

03.31.2015 | 7:20 PM ET

Fair point @franklin 

"I really feel like I'm the most dangerous guy out there" BJ Penn........... UFC on Fox 2 event winner :)

DelRose
DelRose

03.31.2015 | 7:35 PM ET

Although that was disrespectful, it was funny lol can't wait for this fight, hope both fighters stay healthy for the next 3 1/2 months.

"That hole is tighter than a nuns nasty"

mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

03.31.2015 | 10:42 PM ET

Grabbing for a belt that isn't his, trying to intimidate and taunt a Brazilian from the favelas who was pushed into a grill as a kid.. I think Conor has a chance.. but now, RIP Conor..

* Edited at 03.31.2015, 10:46 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 3 months, 3 days, 19 hours, and 15 minutes from now.
mikeyg
mikeyg

04.01.2015 | 12:26 AM ET

It's funny how far someone has to twist to defend Conor's ******yness by going after someone's name and avatar, I mean, it's a little late for him to change his username at this point. And quite the hindsight there Franklin, I'm sure he made his name before Thiago became a *************.

EDIT: And by the way, him having a thiago av and name does not prevent him from commenting on another fighters conduct, it's not like he condones what thiago did.

* Edited at 04.01.2015, 12:34 AM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 3 months, 3 days, 19 hours, and 15 minutes from now.
Franklin880088
Franklin880088

04.01.2015 | 12:43 AM ET

Dude we all know thiago his boy, and seen him defend him on multiple occasions. Please don't try this ******** with me, where you go full ****** over **** you dam well know. He even admitted it was a fair point, which by the way props to him.

mikeyg
mikeyg

04.01.2015 | 12:46 AM ET

How does him being a fan of Thiago prevent him from commenting on Conor? I notice that is suspiciously absent from your brainless response. Did he defend what Thiago did? if so, I wasn't here and **** him if true, if not, **** you, you're a fallacious moron. What else could you possibly be calling me ignorant about, other than just a projection of your own ignorance.

EDIT: If he defended Thiago, woops my bad, but otherwise who cares if he thought your inane post had a good point, you're both wrong then. His fandom has nothing to do with his comments on Conor, you stupid ****.

* Edited at 04.01.2015, 12:52 AM ET *

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Bad Left Hook : ‘People die, this isn’t a joking matter’: Devin Haney on Garcia’s failed drug test
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: People Die In This Sport
  • Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Tests Positive for Banned Substance Ahead of Haney Fight, Denies Any Wrongdoing
  • MMA Mania : Cursed? Not Even Poatan Could Save UFC 301
  • MMA Junkie : MMA Junkie's Submission of the Month for April: One former UFC champ makes another tap for the first time
  • MMA Mania : ‘Big Lies!’ Garcia Reportedly Tests Positive For PEDs, Boxer Responds
  • MMA Junkie : Paul Hughes explains choosing PFL over UFC offer: 'I deserve to get compensated'
  • MMAFighting.com : Ryan Garcia tests positive for banned substance in Devin Haney fight, Garcia responds
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘These are people that are trying to attack me’: Garcia claims fake news on positive PED report
  • MMAFighting.com : No Bets Barred: Will Jose Aldo and Alexandre Pantoja give Brazil something to cheer about at UFC 301?
  • MMA Junkie : Reports: Ryan Garcia tested positive for PEDs in upset win over Devin Haney
  • Bad Left Hook : Report: Ryan Garcia tests positive for banned PED
  • MMA Mania : Topuria Denies Refusal Of Volk, Holloway Responds To ‘B—ching Motherf—ker’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301's Steve Erceg aware of unusual title shot opportunity, still feels pressure to win
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 fight card: Pantoja vs. Erceg
  • UFC.com : UFC Championship Fights That Have Happened In Rio de Janeiro
  • MMAFighting.com : Alex Pereira takes down Daniel Cormier in UFC 301 hallway tussle
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Alex Pereira forces Daniel Cormier to plead for help with takedown: 'Stop this guy'
  • Middle Easy : Canelo Alvarez and Oscar De La Hoya Nearly Throw Hands in Heated Press Conference Confrontation
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 Embedded, episode 3: ‘I could fight right now’