Tapology Forums

TUF 21: Blackzillians vs ATT

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

benjaminbrandt
benjaminbrandt
  • Predictions:  18,270  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  15,716
  • Post Score: 229

03.01.2015 | 12:50 AM ET

Announced during tonight's UFC PPV and reported on the UG.  

Rumors:

American Top Team

Marcelo Alfaya (16-7) Porto Alegre, Brazil
Steve Carl (21-4), Belle Plain, Iowa
Nathan Coy (14-5), Vallejo, Calif.
Michael Graves (4-0), Toledo, Ohio
Hayder Hassan (6-1), Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
Sabah Homasi (8-4), New Brunswick, N.J.
Uros Jurisic (5-0), Ljubljana, Slovenia
Steve Montgomery (8-2), Florence, S.C.

Blackzilians

Valdir Araujo (14-5), Gama, Federal District, Brazil
Carrington Banks (3-0), Peoria, Ill.
Luiz Buscape (16-5), Joao Pessoa, Paraiba, Brazil
Jason Jackson (4-2), Kingston, Jamaica
Vicente Luque (7-4-1), Westwood, N.J.
Andrews Nakahara (4-2-2), Mogi das Cruzes, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Felipe Portela (8-2), Brasilia, Brazil
Kamarudeen Usman (5-1) Auchi, Nigeria

-------

Dan Lambert heads the ATT team, and rival Glenn Robinson heads the Blackzilians club. The series prominently features the rivalry between the two camps, which developed in 2011 after a band of ATT fighters defected and started their own camp with Robinson. The two gyms are located just 20 minutes apart in South Florida, where the show is being filmed.

According to today’s announcement, though the fighters will live together, they’ll continue to train separately at their home gyms. However, the fights won’t take place at a neutral site, and instead, bouts will take place at one of the two gyms. Additionally, matchups won’t be revealed until weigh-ins, when each fighter will learn who his opponent is.

-----

Again, all rumors from the forums at the UG, but speculation is still fun.  

* Edited at 03.01.2015, 12:52 AM ET *

"I have not yet begun to defile myself. "

Responses Page 2

FantasyMMA
FantasyMMA
  • Predictions:  278  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  712
  • Post Score: 145

03.05.2015 | 6:42 AM ET

Nice preview. I think I will actually watch this, although I am hesitant because I usually end up hating everyone on the show.
Griffy
Griffy
  • Predictions:  38,656  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  2,503
  • Post Score: 297

04.14.2015 | 10:44 PM ET

So they are not announcing next episodes' fight after the previous one, they are instead revealing the fights at weigh-ins during that episode.

Anyone else unhappy with this switch? I always enjoyed watching a fight, then having a week to think about the next fight, especially when it came to the semis.

* Edited at 04.14.2015, 10:54 PM ET *

"I think Gayffy suits you better, because you are gay." - Nomad

FresnoMMA
FresnoMMA
  • Predictions:  56,899  |  68.6%
  • Forum Posts:  7,436
  • Post Score: 204

06.17.2015 | 10:58 PM ET

I was just watching TUF tonight, I haven't been following this season but I happened to catch this episode and  watched Steve Carl lose pretty badly and that he is actually 0-2 on the show.  Which is crazy considering his experience and quality of opposition throughout his career.  Also, does anybody know if Steve Carl is the only fighter to compete on TUF who has held a major organization title (WSOF)?  
psychicdeath
psychicdeath
  • Predictions:  38,334  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,198
  • Post Score: 261

06.17.2015 | 11:25 PM ET

Former Bellator champ Lyman Good was on TUF 19.  He was on the first episode, where they held fights to get into the house, and lost to Ian Stephens.

"I shall not cause harm to any vehicle nor the personal contents thereof, nor through inaction let that vehicle or the personal contents thereof come to harm. It's what I call the Repo Code, kid. "

CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones
  • Predictions:  40,133  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,674
  • Post Score: 286

07.02.2015 | 2:07 AM ET

Just watched tonight's episode and took two very important facts from it. First of all Glenn Robinson (Blackzilians owner, not the NBA player) is a pudgy little crybaby, and secondly Jorge Alonso makes Steve Mazzagatti look like a refereeing genius.
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 5 months, 3 days, 19 hours, and 29 minutes from now.
wilflet
wilflet
  • Predictions:  8,201  |  59.2%
  • Forum Posts:  2,413
  • Post Score: 228

07.02.2015 | 11:46 AM ET

strong contender for worst three minutes of refereeing ever.

i) pretty blatent nut shot missed
ii) there were shots to the back of the head before the ones warned about
iii) I think that should have been a stoppage, from the way the ref was talking it seemed like it didnt even enter his mind it was getting close to a stoppage. i dont think he told the bottom fighter to defend himself once in over a minute of unanswered strikes.
iv) even though those knees were all clean to the body I feel herb or big john et al would have give a little 'watch those knees', 'keep them to the body' type of reminder so if one does go astray youve been prewarned.
v) grabbing hold of a fighter when not stopping the action. what the living ****.
vi) warning to let go of the fence well after its been let go and the take downs completed and then grabbing a wrist again... 

wow... Im pretty surprised the florida commission gave him two fights at last weeks ufc card, Id think theyd keep him away from the big one for a little while knowing this was about to come out. 

"Demons run when a good man goes to war."

MegaDave
MegaDave
  • Predictions:  8,102  |  59.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,656
  • Post Score: 191

07.02.2015 | 12:28 PM ET

Pretty nutty fight with horrendous refereeing.  And I agree with Cthulhu that Glenn comes across as a total whiny *****.

"I'm sorry that the brilliance of my words goes over your heads. I'm not going to stop being an eagle just because I am surrounded by turkeys-CS"

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,413  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,488
  • Post Score: 203

07.03.2015 | 12:26 AM ET

That's because he is a whiny *****. 

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : 'Reborn' Ramiz Brahimaj returns to UFC with new perspective after 'nasty' injury jeopardized career
  • MMA Mania : ‘Two Or Three Times Bigger!’ Saudi Arabia Has Big Plans For Second UFC Event
  • MMA Junkie : UFC matchmaker Mick Maynard offers insight on scouting regional talent
  • MMAFighting.com : No Bets Barred: Breaking down Tyson Fury vs. Oleksandr Usyk, UFC Vegas 92, and Bellator Paris
  • Middle Easy : Joe Rogan Believes MMA’s Current Rule Set Favors Strikers: ‘I Don’t Think People Should Stand You Up, Ever’
  • MMA Junkie : Carlston Harris hopes UFC Fight Night 241 win leads to 'good names' like Neil Magny, Geoff Neal
  • MMA Mania : Video: Gorimbo Breaks Down After Coach’s Mother Dies On Media Day
  • MMA Junkie : UFC Fight Night 241's Vinicius Salvador guarantees first-round KO of Adrian Yanez: 'Write it down'
  • MMAFighting.com : Tyson Fury vs. Oleksandr Usyk full fight card
  • Middle Easy : Tim Welch Rates Mike Tyson’s Chances vs. Jake Paul: ‘Early On, He’s Gonna Be Scary’
  • MMA Mania : Barboza The BMF? ‘Who Has Better Highlight KOs Than Me?’
  • MMAFighting.com : Ring announcer Dan Hennessy retiring after viral screw up: ‘No longer the world’s punching bag’
  • MMA Junkie : 'Only Mancunian' Lerone Murphy appreciates full circle moment, crosses fingers for UFC 304
  • MMAFighting.com : Cédric Doumbé: Anthony Pettis fight ‘99 percent’ a done deal
  • UFC.com : Meet Middleweight Mark Hulme | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • MMA Junkie : UFC veteran Edson Barboza calls for BMF title fight vs. Max Holloway: 'I think I deserve that'
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC matchmaker sends emphatic message to prospects hoping to get noticed and signed 
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! UFC FPI 7 Highlights, Streaming Results | Rod vs. Fowler
  • UFC.com : Meet Middleweight Robert Valentin | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • UFC.com : Meet Featherweight Guillermo Torres | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko