Topic: FightCenter Updates

How do you update a fighters record?

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

FantasyMMA
FantasyMMA
  • Predictions:  278  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  712
  • Post Score: 145

11.16.2014 | 8:57 PM ET

Just wondering how you go about updating a fighters record on Tapology. Tom Hogan is fighting next weekend and we have him listed as 3-0 but he is actually 5-0.

Responses

curtwag84
curtwag84
  • Predictions:  13,940  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,695
  • Post Score: 273

11.16.2014 | 9:03 PM ET

You need proof of the fights that are missing. Either video or AC cards or maybe even a facebook post by the promotion. then you use the talk to tap form on the right of the page and Greg will send it on to whomevers region it belongs to.

* Edited at 11.16.2014, 9:06 PM ET *

"I'd like to take this chance, to appologize. To absolutely nobody. -Connor McGreGOAT"

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,575
  • Post Score: 275

11.16.2014 | 9:05 PM ET

Use the support box to contact us.  I'll review and update Tom Hogan. 

However, we generally focus on Pro records first.  If you request updates to a zillion amateur records we just can't spend the time.

"I live, I die, I live again."

Gregory
Gregory

11.16.2014 | 9:33 PM ET

Well, updated but honestly I'm not sure about the difference between these two fighters.  If they're the same guy or not.  Leaving them separate for now.

http://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/fighters/55028-tom-hogan
http://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/fighters/49359-tom-hogan

Gregory
Gregory

11.16.2014 | 9:35 PM ET

You know what, based on this article I think maybe it's all the same dude.

http://fighthounds.com/featured/fighthounds-amateur-fighter-of-the-year-2013-thomas-hogan/

FantasyMMA
FantasyMMA
  • Predictions:  278  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  712
  • Post Score: 145

11.17.2014 | 6:39 AM ET

Yeah I won't bombard you guys with a ton of amateur fighters, I thought it would be something we could do, like the wiki pages. Otherwise it would take way too much time. I just had notice the Ciaran Daly fight was missing cause I was watching the video of it. Guess no need to post it now.

thanks for the help Greg, you guy are awesome.

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : Owen Livesey And Renato Canuto Join Craig Jones Invitational
  • MMA Mania : UFC Signs RIZIN Bantamweight Champion Kai Asakura
  • MMA Mania : Sooo ... About Last Night
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Louisville post-fight show: Reaction to Imavov’s controversial main event finish, Reyes’ redemption
  • Bad Left Hook : Zayas cruises past Teixeira in first ESPN main event
  • Bad Left Hook : Zayas vs Teixeira: Live updates and results
  • MMA Mania : Bonuses! Rosas Jr. Banks $50K For Submission Win
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 2024 post-fight bonus winners: Inside the numbers
  • MMAFighting.com : Four performance of the night bonuses handed out at UFC Louisville
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 57 bonuses: 19-year-old Raul Rosas Jr. gets third extra $50,000 check
  • MMA Mania : UFC Louisville Results and Highlights
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 57 results: Nassourdine Imavov wobbles Jared Cannonier, gets questionable referee stoppage
  • MMAFighting.com : Nassourdine Imavov scores controversial stoppage win over Jared Cannonier in UFC Louisville main event
  • MMA Mania : Highlights! Main Event Spoiled By Bonehead Referee
  • MMAFighting.com : ‘What a horrible stoppage’: Pros react to Nassourdine Imavov’s controversial finish in UFC Louisville main event
  • Middle Easy : Nassourdine Imavov Earns Controversial Fourth-Round Stoppage Against Jared Cannonier – UFC Louisville Results (Highlights)
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Louisville post-fight press conference video
  • MMA Junkie : 'Horrible stoppage': Social media reacts to Nassourdine Imavov's controversial TKO of Jared Cannonier at UFC on ESPN 57
  • MMA Junkie : 'Horrible stoppage': Reactions to Imavov's controversial UFC Louisville TKO of Cannonier
  • MMAFighting.com : Jared Cannonier vs. Nassourdine Imavov full fight video highlights