Topic: Bisping vs. Rivera

Anyone else think Rivera can win this?

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

billy
billy
  • Predictions:  391  |  57.3%
  • Forum Posts:  145
  • Post Score: 16

11.14.2010 | 11:19 AM ET

Rivera is not going to lay down. He will trade with Bisping, he is not a small middleweight, and he's very experienced.

I know Bisping will be the favorite but I think Rivera can win.

"proving to daddy that i'm no fool"

Responses

Bigj383
Bigj383
  • Predictions:  8,546  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  5,417
  • Post Score: 187

11.14.2010 | 11:22 AM ET

Prediction: correct Bisping   correct KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

I think Bisping is the better striker overall. Bisping may actually decide to shoot in if he needs to. Rivera best bet would be to land a big shot. I would expect Bisping can decision Rivera standing or possibly get a GnP stoppage. 

"It does not make sense that humans deliberately malfunction. - Upgrade"

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,574
  • Post Score: 275

11.14.2010 | 11:49 AM ET

Prediction: correct Bisping   correct KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

It's a matchup I didn't expect, that's for sure. 

I suspect the UFC is hoping that Bisping can get over with the Australian audience and pick up a nice looking win.  Bisping wants to earn a title shot and the UFC could probably do awesome business with such a fight in the UK.  Problem is if you put Bisping against one of the other top contenders he'll be an underdog and probably have those plans derailed. So if Bisping beats Rivera they can try and claim Rivera was a credible top opponent and rush him into an easily marketable title shot. If Rivera wins they use the feel-good story since he's such a great guy, and do... something.

"I live, I die, I live again."

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,574
  • Post Score: 275

11.14.2010 | 12:10 PM ET

Jorge Rivera’s Camp Is Happy To Fight Michael Bisping If He’s Man Enough

Prediction: correct Bisping   correct KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

http://mmaweekly.com/jorge-riveras-camp-is-happy-to-fight-michael-bisping-if-hes-man-enough

Jorge Rivera may have missed out on the chance to fight at UFC 122, but he’s looking forward already to a potential match-up against Michael Bisping at UFC 127 in February.

That’s if Bisping accepts the fight.

The possibility of the fight was first reported by Kimura.se who spoke with Rivera following UFC 122 in Germany. Now there appears to be some doubt coming from Rivera’s camp whether or not the fight will actually take place.

Speaking to MMAWeekly.com on Sunday, Rivera’s manager Lex McMahon of Alchemist Management stopped just short of calling Bisping a coward, and said the fight may not happen.

“UFC likes the fight, we like the fight, but I don’t think Bisping is man enough to fight Jorge,” McMahon said in a text message on Sunday. “He has no warrior spirit, he knows Jorge will break his will and crush him.”

"I live, I die, I live again."

Master Blaster
Master Blaster
  • Predictions:  356  |  56.7%
  • Forum Posts:  241
  • Post Score: 30

11.14.2010 | 6:40 PM ET

Prediction: correct Bisping   correct KO/TKO   correct Round 2  

Nah I think Bisping picks him apart, if the fight actually happens.

"Break a deal, spin the wheel"

tattoomagoo
tattoomagoo
  • Predictions:  82  |  56.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: 0

02.13.2011 | 8:21 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Rivera   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

i say bisbing gets knocked out late in the first
skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

02.13.2011 | 8:27 AM ET

This is one of those fights where I could see Rivera doing everything he says he's going to do, but I could also see him setting himself up for a counter-punch KTFO from Bisping. I know Bisping isn't known for his power or finishing ability against top competition, but Rivera has a questionable chin if hit cleanly, and Bisping is definitely the more technical striker and does seem to be sitting down on his punches a bit more than he did two years ago.

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

thabestevah
thabestevah
  • Predictions:  199  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  55
  • Post Score: 27

02.13.2011 | 8:29 AM ET

Prediction: correct Bisping   wrong Decision  

Bisping all day, everyday and twice on Saturdays in Australia... Seriously though, I expect Bisping to pick him apart in this fight. Rivera's chin is about to get tested. Bisping will get the decision or a late 2nd or 3rd round TKO. 

"It's not about whether you win or lose... Well, unless your the guy who lost."

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

02.13.2011 | 8:31 AM ET

@thebestevah: Agreed, but I'm hoping to see a solid KO from Bisping rather than the occasional accumulated TKO.

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

ksturdiv
ksturdiv
  • Predictions:  2,225  |  55.9%
  • Forum Posts:  87
  • Post Score: 47

02.13.2011 | 8:36 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Rivera   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

I have Rivera winning this one ... he's going to come forward like Henderson did and Bisping is not going to react well to it and get caught with a brutal right hand

"Live, Love, Fight"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Video! ‘Diamond’ Mobbed By Fans On Lafayette Street
  • Jits Magazine : BJJ Rankings Update – June 2024
  • MMA Junkie : Jake Paul reacts to Mike Tyson boxing fight postponement: 'I'm heartbroken'
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302 preview show: Will Dustin Poirier actually finish his story against Islam Makhachev?
  • Middle Easy : Nick Diaz’s UFC Return At 41 Labeled ‘Much More Dangerous’, Given Chance vs. Gunshy Contender
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302 Gambling Preview: Can Dustin Poirier pull off the upset against Islam Makhachev?
  • MMA Mania : Tyson Vs. Paul Postponed
  • MMA Junkie : Video: WWE champion Cody Rhodes cuts promo for Dustin Poirier ahead of UFC 302: 'Finish your story'
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch WWE champ Cody Rhodes drop ‘Finish Your Story’ promo for Dustin Poirier at UFC 302
  • MMA Mania : Video! Costa Fails Bizarre Twerk Lesson
  • Middle Easy : UFC 302 Faceoffs: Dustin Poirier’s Final Stand Against Islam Makhachev: ‘The Talk Is Done’
  • MMA Junkie : Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson boxing fight postponed due to medical advice
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302 final faceoffs: Watch Islam Makhachev, Dustin Poirier’s tense staredown
  • UFC.com : Mickey Gall Is Back And Better Than Ever
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 302 faceoff video: Sean Strickland vs. Paulo Costa final staredown for co-main clash
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 302 faceoff video: Islam Makhachev, Dustin Poirier meet for final time before title fight
  • MMAFighting.com : Mike Tyson vs. Jake Paul boxing match postponed
  • MMA Mania : Staredowns! Makhachev, Poirier Share Intense Faceoff
  • Bad Left Hook : Jake Paul vs Mike Tyson postponed due to medical issue
  • UFC.com : Bassil Hafez Is Here To Stay