Topic: Final Fight Championship 12

New event - Final Fight Championship 12 (results and discussion too)

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

joe kerr
joe kerr
  • Predictions:  247,727  |  68.9%
  • Forum Posts:  4,850
  • Post Score: 267

04.23.2014 | 10:04 PM ET

Predictions: 2 of 3 Winners, 1 Perfect, 165 Points   |   Tied for 9th with 15 others

Heads up, because we've got another one. Straight from Hala Tivoli in the capitol of Slovenia, Ljubljana comes to you the 12th edition of Final Fight Championship, pretty quick after the previous one.

It's a 12 bout total event, with 6 of them being kickboxing and the other 6 MMA. The kickboxing part is headlined by the man who needs no introduction, Paul Daley (that's why you can see him displayed so prominently on the poster) going against the rising Slovenian star, Miran Fabjan, nicknamed "Slovenski Rocky".

The MMA part (which is the one we're interested in) is headlined by another familiar name, the Dutchman Dion Staring, who after getting demolished by Daniel Cormier, James McSweeney and Oliynyk has somewhat redeemed himself by scoring a TKO over the FFC's and Croatia's HW star, Ante Delija in October last year. His opponent will be Tomaž Simonič, a local fighter, hunting for the big win to bolster his career.

"If the enemy rejects the ground, I would take him down by tackle. Why didn’t he [Royler] do so? May I introduce him to a good coach? His tackle was... like a girl’s one... Mr. Royler, how are you feeling?" - Kazushi Sakuraba

Final Fight Championship 12
Bout   Info
(Kickboxing)   Paul Daley  defeats  Miran Fabjan via KO/TKO, Punch   2:41 Round 2 of 4, 5:41 Total Bout Page
(Kickboxing)   Teo Mikelić  defeats  Mirko Vorkapic via KO/TKO, Injury   1:23 Round 1 of 4 Bout Page
(Kickboxing)   Elmir Mehić  defeats  Rok Štrucl via KO/TKO   2:19 Round 2 of 4, 5:19 Total Bout Page
(Kickboxing)   Samo Petje  defeats  Kevin Hessling via KO/TKO, Punches, Knees   Round 1 of 4 Bout Page
(Kickboxing)   Denis Porcic  defeats  Darian Paladin via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 9:00 Total Bout Page
(Kickboxing)   Mladen Kujundžić  defeats  Dženan Poturak via KO/TKO, Body Kick   Round 1 of 4 Bout Page
Dion Staring   defeats   Tomaž Simonič   via Submission, Keylock   2:55 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Viktor Halmi   defeats   Primož Vrbinc   via KO/TKO, Punches   2:00 Round 2 of 3, 7:00 Total Bout Page
Bor Bratovž   defeats   Giorgi Ivanov   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   1:45 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Ivica Trušček   defeats   Michael Pfundner   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   3:21 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Antun Račić   defeats   Zoltán Turi   via Submission, Armbar   4:45 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Luka Jelčić   defeats   Krasimir Georgiev   via KO/TKO, Punches   2:20 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page

Responses

KnockoutsRock21
KnockoutsRock21
  • Predictions:  17,407  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,011
  • Post Score: 251

04.25.2014 | 3:56 PM ET

Predictions: 2 of 3 Winners, 1 Perfect, 165 Points   |   Tied for 9th with 15 others

According to their website:

Staring, Vrbinc, Bratovz, Jelcic, Racic and Truscek won.  I can't read anything else so I'm not sure of methods.

"Superman wears Chuck Liddell pajamas"

curtwag84
curtwag84
  • Predictions:  13,940  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,695
  • Post Score: 273

04.25.2014 | 4:00 PM ET

Predictions: 2 of 3 Winners, 1 Perfect, 150 Points   |   Tied for 25th with 2 others

that sucks, its starting on croatian TV in a few minutes. guess they are only showing a few fights or its tape delayed

"I'd like to take this chance, to appologize. To absolutely nobody. -Connor McGreGOAT"

KnockoutsRock21
KnockoutsRock21
  • Predictions:  17,407  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,011
  • Post Score: 251

04.25.2014 | 4:01 PM ET

Sorry if I ruined it for you.  I figured it had already been broadcast.

"Superman wears Chuck Liddell pajamas"

curtwag84
curtwag84

04.25.2014 | 4:03 PM ET

Predictions: 2 of 3 Winners, 1 Perfect, 150 Points   |   Tied for 25th with 2 others

no problem, they are probably just showing the 6 K1 fights

if your info is correct which im sure it is i went 6-0 so im happy :)

* Edited at 04.25.2014, 4:04 PM ET *

"I'd like to take this chance, to appologize. To absolutely nobody. -Connor McGreGOAT"

curtwag84
curtwag84

04.25.2014 | 6:30 PM ET

Dion Staring Vs. Tomaz Simonič - Dion Staring forcing them into submission (americana) in the first round (2:55)

Primoz VRBINC Vs. Halmi Viktor - Viktor Halmi technical knockout in the second round (2:00)

Pine Bratovž Vs. David Zawada - Bratovž rear strangulation in the first round (1:45)

Ivica TRUŠČEK Vs. Michael Pfunder - TRUŠČEK rear strangulation in the first round (3:21)

Anthony crab Vs. Zoltan Turi - crab on the lever arm in the first round (4:45)

Luke Jelcic Vs. Krasimir Georgiev - Luke Jelcic knockout in the first round (2:20)

Found this and turned it into a bad translation :p

Looks like they say Viktor Halmi won even though FFCs main site has Primoz winning and it also looks like Truscek and Jelcic had change of opponents.

* Edited at 04.25.2014, 6:35 PM ET *

Ronwah
Ronwah
  • Predictions:  26,938  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  5,343
  • Post Score: 222

04.25.2014 | 6:42 PM ET

Predictions: 2 of 3 Winners, 2 Perfect, 200 Points   |   Tied for 4th with 3 others

Does this help?

http://www.fightsite.hr/vijesti/pratite-rezultate-ffc-12-eventa-live

I found that site helpful when I covered their last event.

"“I've said if Ivanka weren't my daughter, perhaps I'd be dating her.""

joe kerr
joe kerr
  • Predictions:  247,727  |  68.9%
  • Forum Posts:  4,850
  • Post Score: 267

04.25.2014 | 7:32 PM ET

Yeah, all are helpful, thanks guys. Looks like there was a bunch of changes and the FFC not only didn't update the fight card on their own site, but they also published the incorrect results.

What went down:

*Bratovz won (via RNC), but he had a literally last day opponent switch to a guy I can't find either in our db or on Sherdog. Probably another local guy with very little to no pro experience, he lasted all of 1:45.

*Truscek also fought and beat a different opponent (also via RNC).

*Jelcic TKO'd another "switched" opponent.

*Racic armbarred the correct (finally!) opponent in first.

*Halmi beat Vrbinc (not the other way around like FFC has on their site) via ref stoppage from strikes in 2nd. (8%-er FTW)

*Starring submitted Simonic in first with an americana, not taking any chances on the feet.

I'll update and enter them all after I sort it all out, hopefully after some videos are available.

"If the enemy rejects the ground, I would take him down by tackle. Why didn’t he [Royler] do so? May I introduce him to a good coach? His tackle was... like a girl’s one... Mr. Royler, how are you feeling?" - Kazushi Sakuraba

curtwag84
curtwag84

04.25.2014 | 7:42 PM ET

Went from thinking I went 6-0 with 2 dogs to 2-1 no dogs  :(

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Topuria Thanks Topuria For Being So Great
  • MMA Junkie : Unfortunate circumstances: 15 unforeseen injuries that ended UFC main events
  • MMA Mania : ‘War Room’ Leak Reveals UFC 305 Line-Up
  • MMA Junkie : Diego Lopes: UFC 303 fight vs. Brian Ortega 'could define who's got best jiu-jitsu' at featherweight
  • MMA Junkie : Liz Carmouche knew finishing Kana Watanabe had to happen to ensure PFL playoff spot
  • MMAFighting.com : New UFC 303 poster released featuring short-notice headliners Alex Pereira, Jiri Prochazka
  • MMA Junkie : Lucas Almeida attributes UFC on ESPN 58 win to mental work: 'There was nothing to fear'
  • MMA Junkie : MMA community reacts to Father's Day, celebrates on social media
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch new UFC 303 promo headlined by Alex Pereira vs. Jiri Prochazka rematch
  • MMA Mania : ‘MVP’ Wants Usman After Wrecking Garry At UFC 303
  • MMA Junkie : Mick Maynard's Shoes: What's next for Tatsuro Taira after UFC on ESPN 58 win?
  • MMA Junkie : Miles Johns: UFC Apex main event vs. Ricky Simon 'would be kind of cool'
  • Middle Easy : Robert Whittaker Says Ikram Aliskerov Is ‘Different Threat’, Eyes Title Rematch With Dricus Du Plessis
  • MMA Junkie : Linton Vassell might get over playoff miss if PFL booked him vs. Ryan Bader
  • MMA Mania : Mayweather Releases Infamous ‘Tank’ Vs. Haney Doghouse Session
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch Cris Cyborg destroy another opponent with brutal boxing knockout at Crypto Fight Night
  • MMA Junkie : Rose Namajunas' history with UFC Denver foe Maycee Barber includes 'uncalled for' moment with father
  • MMAFighting.com : Anderson Silva says knockouts weren’t allowed in Chael Sonnen boxing exhibition
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 58 post-event facts: Prelim fighter scores ultra-rare finish
  • MMAFighting.com : Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen full fight video for boxing match