Topic: PLMMA 27

PLMMA 27

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

joe kerr
joe kerr
  • Predictions:  245,679  |  68.9%
  • Forum Posts:  4,850
  • Post Score: 267

01.17.2014 | 5:28 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 8 Winners, 1 Perfect, 380 Points   |   8th Place

The weigh-ins are done and hopefully we have the final line-up. Two of the fights fell through because of different reasons, but the fighters left opponent-less who arrived at the weigh-ins agreed to fight each other, finalizing the card as 8 bouts. Only 2 fighters didn't make weight, but one (Białas) was allowed to fight after his opponent agreed and the other (Mustafaev) had his bout switched anyway, so it was simply made a Catchweight at 63 kg. All the other fighters, including the main eventers made weight.

A reminder then - if you haven't seen the updated card, you're one pick down. So make your picks now! You still have about 19 hours left!

"If the enemy rejects the ground, I would take him down by tackle. Why didn’t he [Royler] do so? May I introduce him to a good coach? His tackle was... like a girl’s one... Mr. Royler, how are you feeling?" - Kazushi Sakuraba

PLMMA 27
  • Saturday 01.18.2014 at 01:30 PM ET
  • Promotion: Profesjonalna Liga MMA
  • Ownership: Professional League of MMA
  • Venue: Hala Sportowa Zespołu Szkół nr 79
  • Enclosure: Cage
  • MMA Bouts: 8
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Marian Ziółkowski   defeats   Jacek Kreft   via Submission, Triangle Choke   3:23 Round 2 of 3, 8:23 Total Bout Page
Jacek Stusiński   defeats   Łukasz Borowski   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Aleksander Rychlik   defeats   Dawid Wanat   via KO/TKO, Punches and Elbows   0:44 Round 2 of 3, 5:44 Total Bout Page
Kamil Szymuszowski   defeats   Radosław Żaglewski   via KO/TKO, Elbows   3:35 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Fryderyk Dąbal   defeats   Grzegorz Białas   via KO/TKO, Corner Stoppage   4:37 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Lambert Akhiadov   defeats   Piotr Sobieraj   via Submission, Forearm Choke   1:27 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Grzegorz Czerw   defeats   Arkadiusz Brzózka   via Submission, Armbar   0:25 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Azamat Mustafaev   defeats   Mariusz Badowski   via Submission, Triangle Choke   2:15 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page

Responses

joe kerr
joe kerr

01.18.2014 | 2:20 PM ET

In the first fight of the night Mustafaev choked out Badowski in the first round. Will be updating these as they happen.

"If the enemy rejects the ground, I would take him down by tackle. Why didn’t he [Royler] do so? May I introduce him to a good coach? His tackle was... like a girl’s one... Mr. Royler, how are you feeling?" - Kazushi Sakuraba

Ronwah
Ronwah
  • Predictions:  26,938  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  5,343
  • Post Score: 222

01.18.2014 | 2:27 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 8 Winners, 2 Perfect, 430 Points   |   Tied for 3rd with 2 others

Thanks Joe - it's great having results being input live as they happen :)

"“I've said if Ivanka weren't my daughter, perhaps I'd be dating her.""

joe kerr
joe kerr

01.18.2014 | 2:37 PM ET

Thanks, Ron! That's what I'm here for now though (among others).

joe kerr
joe kerr

01.18.2014 | 2:44 PM ET

This just in - Professor Białas' class on how to lose a fight you are about to win. In short after you take your opponent down and beat him senseless, you stop and let him sweep you, after which you turtle until your corner throws in the towel.

Ronwah
Ronwah
  • Predictions:  26,938  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  5,343
  • Post Score: 222

01.18.2014 | 2:47 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 8 Winners, 2 Perfect, 430 Points   |   Tied for 3rd with 2 others

Exactly how it played out in my dream, Joe ;)

"“I've said if Ivanka weren't my daughter, perhaps I'd be dating her.""

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

01.18.2014 | 2:48 PM ET

Predictions: 4 of 8 Winners, 2 Perfect, 315 Points   |   Tied for 14th with 1 other

After starting 1 win in 3 fights... I'll take it as well.. we musta had the same dream @Ronwah!

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

joe kerr
joe kerr

01.18.2014 | 2:56 PM ET

Szymuszowski just elbowed his debuting opponent into unconsciousness. Seriously, KO'd him at what looks like a late stoppage.

joe kerr
joe kerr

01.18.2014 | 3:12 PM ET

Finally a fight that went out of the first round! Not for long though as Waniol was basically done and ready to retire from the fight, only his corner convinced him to come out. It didn't change much, as Rychlik charged him and made short work of him elbowing his head from left to right.

joe kerr
joe kerr

01.18.2014 | 3:58 PM ET

In a bit of an irony the main event rematch ended with almost the same hold at about the same time except with the roles reversed. Ziółkowski took his revenge choking out Kreft and giving hunterp a solo win on the card. Congrats!

joe kerr
joe kerr

01.20.2014 | 3:24 PM ET

All right, looks like everything's done here. Added the fight videos too in case anybody was wondering how something went down. This one is soon going final.

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : 10 Types Of BJJ Guards Grapplers Should Know
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! BJJ Star Craig Jones Dumps $1 Million In Cash On Rogan’s Desk
  • MMA Mania : Lima Inks Bellator Contract Extension
  • MMA Mania : ‘No One’s Feeling Sorry For You’
  • MMA Junkie : MMA Junkie's Fight of the Month for May: Steve Erceg gives commendable test to Alexandre Pantoja at UFC 301
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping: Dustin Poirier's record 'smokes' Islam Makhachev's
  • UFC.com : A SUBTLE APPROACH TO SUMMER
  • MMA Mania : Tsarukyan ‘Should Thank’ Makhachev For UFC Career
  • MMA Junkie : 'EA UFC 5' continues roster expansion with four free fighter additions
  • Middle Easy : Joe Rogan Believes It All Fell Apart for Alexander Volkanovski After the Makhachev Rematch: ‘I Thought He Won the First Time’
  • MMAFighting.com : Benoit Saint Denis eyes UFC fights in Manchester and Paris, ‘more determined than ever to become the champion’
  • Middle Easy : Jorge Masvidal Accuses Conor McGregor of PED Use Ahead of UFC 303 Return: ‘He’s Out of His Mind’
  • MMA Junkie : 'Eagle is landed': Khabib Nurmagomedov returns to corner Islam Makhachev at UFC 302
  • MMA Mania : ‘Diamond’s’ Kryptonite? Khabib Confirmed Back At UFC 302
  • MMA Junkie : Ilia Topuria on how Sean O'Malley fight would go: 'I can do with him whatever I want'
  • MMAFighting.com : Khabib Nurmagomedov will serve as cornerman for Islam Makhachev at UFC 302
  • UFC.com : This Week On UFC FIGHT PASS | May 27, 2024 - June 2, 2024
  • MMA Mania : ‘Everything Fell Apart’ For Volkanovski
  • MMAFighting.com : Talita Bernardo vs. Olga Rubin title fight headlines Invicta FC’s return in June
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 302 pre-event facts: Islam Makhachev, Dustin Poirier battle for history – and lightweight title