Tapology Forums

10 MMA questions for You by Nomad #2

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Nomad
Nomad
  • Predictions:  3,465  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  5,117
  • Post Score: 181

11.21.2013 | 6:06 AM ET

1. Who is the largest pound for pound fighter of all divisions? 

2. Who has the strongest gaze in mixed martial arts today?

3. Who is the physically strongest mixed martial artist? 

4. Who is the most overrated fighter? 

5. Who is the most athletic mixed martial artist?

6. Who is the best represents the martial arts, in mixed martial arts?

7. Who is the biggest prospect in MMA right now? (not in fame, but in level of skill in your eyes)

8. Who is the greatest Knockout Artist in mixed martial arts today?

9. Who is the greatest takedown artist in mixed martial arts today?

10. Who is the most technical fighter in mixed martial arts?

"If I have a goal, then it is to escape from this literalism. I'll never achieve it; in the same way that I'll never manage to describe what really dwells within my character, although I keep on trying."

Responses

buffalo ben
buffalo ben
  • Predictions:  3,705  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  6,348
  • Post Score: 157

11.21.2013 | 8:03 AM ET

Hong Man Choi. If you are talking current, then i guess Bigfoot. 

I guess Anderson. Remeber the staredown with Belfort? (shivers)

Maybe Brock or Carwin

Benson Henderson. number 10 P4P my ass. Every title defense was a questionable split decision 

Georges

the best represents is the GSP

7. Who is the biggest prospect in MMA right now? (not in fame, but in level of skill in your eyes)
Gunnar Nelson

Jose Aldo

Georges

Jose Aldo

"You don't have to be perfect, just dont be fraudulant"

pac336
pac336
  • Predictions:  3,164  |  60.7%
  • Forum Posts:  170
  • Post Score: 179

11.21.2013 | 7:16 PM ET

1. Who is the largest pound for pound fighter of all divisions?   Bigfoot Silva

2. Who has the strongest gaze in mixed martial arts today?   Diego Sanchez

3. Who is the physically strongest mixed martial artist?   Cain Velasquez

4. Who is the most overrated fighter?   Was Rory Macdonald (but after the Lawler fight I think most know)

5. Who is the most athletic mixed martial artist?  Jon Jones

6. Who is the best represents the martial arts, in mixed martial arts?  GSP

7. Who is the biggest prospect in MMA right now? (not in fame, but in level of skill in your eyes)   Conor McGregor

8. Who is the greatest Knockout Artist in mixed martial arts today?   Anderson Silva

9. Who is the greatest takedown artist in mixed martial arts today?   GSP

10. Who is the most technical fighter in mixed martial arts?   GSP

"I like to party!!!"

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,413  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,488
  • Post Score: 203

11.21.2013 | 7:37 PM ET

1. Who is the largest pound for pound fighter of all divisions? Bigfoot Silva

2. Who has the strongest gaze in mixed martial arts today? Wanderlei Silva

3. Who is the physically strongest mixed martial artist? Rashad Evans

4. Who is the most overrated fighter? Rory. Dude lost,  but I'm sure people still think he's the 2nd coming of Christ. Also, Chael Sonnen.

5. Who is the most athletic mixed martial artist? Georges St. Pierre

6. Who is the best represents the martial arts, in mixed martial arts? Georges St. Pierre

7. Who is the biggest prospect in MMA right now? (not in fame, but in level of skill in your eyes) Hyun Gyu Lim.

8. Who is the greatest Knockout Artist in mixed martial arts today? Robbie Lawler

9. Who is the greatest takedown artist in mixed martial arts today? Cain Velasquez

10. Who is the most technical fighter in mixed martial arts? Jose Aldo

* Edited at 11.21.2013, 9:04 PM ET *

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

ED209
ED209
  • Predictions:  7,297  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  3,437
  • Post Score: 213

11.21.2013 | 7:38 PM ET

1. Who is the largest pound for pound fighter of all divisions? Anthony Johnson?

2. Who has the strongest gaze in mixed martial arts today? Mike Goldberg

3. Who is the physically strongest mixed martial artist?  Cain Velasquez

4. Who is the most overrated fighter?  Ben Henderson

5. Who is the most athletic mixed martial artist? GSP

6. Who is the best represents the martial arts, in mixed martial arts? Machida

7. Who is the biggest prospect in MMA right now? (not in fame, but in level of skill in your eyes) Maybe Thatch.. I'm kind of out of the loop on prospects now though.

8. Who is the greatest Knockout Artist in mixed martial arts today? Vitor Belfort lately

9. Who is the greatest takedown artist in mixed martial arts today? GSP

10. Who is the most technical fighter in mixed martial arts? Jacare

"30-26 Tim Boetsch"

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

11.21.2013 | 8:00 PM ET

1. Who is the largest pound for pound fighter of all divisions? Go look it up, dafuqq...

2. Who has the strongest gaze in mixed martial arts today? Nomad, you hiding something from us? You wanna look deep into their eyes? Pause...

3. Who is the physically strongest mixed martial artist? k this ****erotic **** is going too far.

4. Who is the most overrated fighter? Benson Henderson maybe.

5. Who is the most athletic mixed martial artist? Georges St-Pierre or Jose Aldo.

6. Who is the best represents the martial arts, in mixed martial arts? Lyoto Machida.

7. Who is the biggest prospect in MMA right now? Difficult one, I'd have to say Conor McGregor because he convincingly beat the guy who I considered the biggest prospect before him, Max Holloway.

8. Who is the greatest Knockout Artist in mixed martial arts today? Looks like Vitor Belfort is, that roid-surgence has worked wonders for him.

9. Who is the greatest takedown artist in mixed martial arts today? I'm inclined to say Jon Jones because he mixes up his takedowns and even throws in some judo ****.

10. Who is the most technical fighter in mixed martial arts? Anderson Silva. Not a fighter in fighting that has more understanding of techniques and how to use them than Anderson Silva. Before the Hendricks fight I would say that it would be GSP but GSP looked like a fish out of water fighting his very first southpaw, his jab was being severely limited but he didn't adjust to that at all.

"الله أكبرl"

Nomad
Nomad

11.21.2013 | 8:05 PM ET

When I asked who was the largest pound for pound that means divisionally, so you could say for example guys like George Roop, Hacran dias, Gleison Tibau, Hyun Gyu Lim, Ronny Markes, Jon Jones, ect. 

When I asked who was the physically strongest I also meant divisionally. 

"If I have a goal, then it is to escape from this literalism. I'll never achieve it; in the same way that I'll never manage to describe what really dwells within my character, although I keep on trying."

IAmLegend012
IAmLegend012
  • Predictions:  1,649  |  60.8%
  • Forum Posts:  236
  • Post Score: 158

11.21.2013 | 8:08 PM ET

1. Who is the largest pound for pound fighter of all divisions? | Alistair Overeem

2. Who has the strongest gaze in mixed martial arts today? | Diego Sanchez

3. Who is the physically strongest mixed martial artist? | Cain Velasquez

4. Who is the most overrated fighter? | Anderson Silva Because People Call Him The G.O.A.T. ... I Feel Like He Is A Product Of Weak Opponents 

5. Who is the most athletic mixed martial artist? | John Dodson

6. Who is the best represents the martial arts, in mixed martial arts? | Georges St. Pierre

7. Who is the biggest prospect in MMA right now? (not in fame, but in level of skill in your eyes) | Brandon Thatch

8. Who is the greatest Knockout Artist in mixed martial arts today? | Vitor Belfort

9. Who is the greatest takedown artist in mixed martial arts today? | Georges St. Pierre

10. Who is the most technical fighter in mixed martial arts? | Frankie Edgar
Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

11.21.2013 | 9:03 PM ET

1. Who is the largest pound for pound fighter of all divisions? Sapp.

2. Who has the strongest gaze in mixed martial arts today?  Wandy.

3. Who is the physically strongest mixed martial artist? Overeem.

4. Who is the most overrated fighter? Sonnen.

5. Who is the most athletic mixed martial artist? Chad Money.

6. Who is the best represents the martial arts, in mixed martial arts? Aldo.

7. Who is the biggest prospect in MMA right now? (not in fame, but in level of skill in your eyes) Thatch.

8. Who is the greatest Knockout Artist in mixed martial arts today? Belfort as of this moment.

9. Who is the greatest takedown artist in mixed martial arts today? Cain.

10. Who is the most technical fighter in mixed martial arts?  GSP

EDIT:  I hope you all appreciate my Sappmission.. not Sapp Submission, but Sapp Admission to this discussion. :-)

EDIT:  I've butt hurt two people for some reason, and for that, I apologize.

* Edited at 11.21.2013, 9:20 PM ET *

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

NoJuice11
NoJuice11
  • Predictions:  8,305  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,544
  • Post Score: 208

11.21.2013 | 10:41 PM ET

These are some intimate questions Nomad, if you wanted me to play matchmaker, all you had to was ask

"Dude everyone knows Shaq got rich off playing in college"-Baseketball

Nomad
Nomad

11.21.2013 | 10:55 PM ET

Yeah, this edition of Nomad's questions was awful. It looks like the only honorable thing to do is.....disembowelment. 

Brazilian Jitz
Brazilian Jitz
  • Predictions:  3,516  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,816
  • Post Score: 211

11.21.2013 | 11:09 PM ET

- Gleison Tibau, LW. If people can't interpret this question they are stupid. Just by the ey he looks Tibau looks like Hector Lombard.

- Cain Velasquez.

- ******* polish body builder guy. Can't write his name, I know he just beat Sean "goofy dumbass" McCorkle

- Randy Couture

- Chad Mendes

- Georges St. Pierre, obviously.

- Brandon Thatch

- I'll go Johnny Hendricks only because his are the most ******* brutal, one-punch, lights out, stiff legged KOs

- George St. Pierre...

- George St.Pierre. he may not be the most powerful, or be the riskiest fighter, but definitely the most technical sound.

"Albert Fish... I mean that guy was a real jerk!"

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

11.21.2013 | 11:51 PM ET

@Nomad Seppuku would be appropriate.

"الله أكبرl"

Nomad
Nomad

11.23.2013 | 9:23 AM ET

1. Who is the largest pound for pound fighter of all divisions? Tibau really has to take the cake.

2. Who has the strongest gaze in mixed martial arts today? Gunnar Nelson, I see death in his eyes, as if he sees something no one else does.

3. Who is the physically strongest mixed martial artist? Two men come to mind Chad Mendes and Hector Lombard but this question was a bit too broad.

4. Who is the most overrated fighter? Gegard Mousasi, I think he's amazing but dodged a bullet in Gustafsson. People speak of him in ways his performances in mixed martial arts or even kickboxing have never matched. 

5. Who is the most athletic mixed martial artist? Anthony Pettis

6. Who is the best represents the martial arts, in mixed martial arts? Cung Le!

7. Who is the biggest prospect in MMA right now? (not in fame, but in level of skill in your eyes) Satoshi Ishii, he's one of the greatest Judoka's on the face of the earth, Olympic Gold Medalist, 26 10-2-1 in MMA only loses at HW to Fedor and Fujita in his debut. Quite a few reasonably impressive wins considering his limited experience. If he could figure out a weight cutting method for 185lbs I think he'd be the first Japanese star in the UFC. He certainly looks like he can make 185lbs when put next to many MW's in the UFC.

8. Who is the greatest Knockout Artist in mixed martial arts today? Shahbulat Shamhalaev 

9. Who is the greatest takedown artist in mixed martial arts today? Dominick Cruz if he can handle Barao the way I think he could of pre injury. I know GSP is supposed to be the obvious choice but I just don't see his game being as on point anymore, nor is he as big, explosive or athletic as he once was.

10. Who is the most technical fighter in mixed martial arts? Anderson Silva you just have to look at all his Martial Art ties and ranks. Yellow Rope Capoeira, 5th degree black belt Tae kwon do, Master in Muay Thai, Master in Boxing, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Black Belt, Judo Black Belt. I also known Anderson is for a fact very well trained in Shotokan and Wing Chung I just cannot find his ranks ( though I assume quite high ). He is truly a master and a student of the martial arts. Anderson understands fighting in a way almost no other fighter comes close to.

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

11.23.2013 | 11:46 AM ET

1. Who is the largest pound for pound fighter of all divisions? Bigfoot

2. Who has the strongest gaze in mixed martial arts today? Wanderlei Silva

3. Who is the physically strongest mixed martial artist? Mariusz Pudzianowski

4. Who is the most overrated fighter? Don't know.

5. Who is the most athletic mixed martial artist? GSP or Melvin Guillard or Jon Jones.  Pettis, Dotson and Mighty Mouse might also qualify.

6. Who is the best represents the martial arts, in mixed martial arts? GSP.  Velasquez and Anderson Silva also do a good job of representing MMA.

7. Who is the biggest prospect in MMA right now? (not in fame, but in level of skill in your eyes) Nurmagomedov or Conor McGregor.  But Rustam Khabilov and Ali Bagautinov are also looking good, too.

8. Who is the greatest Knockout Artist in mixed martial arts today? Anderson Silva. No close 2nd.

9. Who is the greatest takedown artist in mixed martial arts today? GSP

10. Who is the most technical fighter in mixed martial arts? Demetrious Johnson

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

dielegende23
dielegende23
  • Predictions:  21,094  |  71.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,907
  • Post Score: 268

11.23.2013 | 12:42 PM ET

1. Who is the largest pound for pound fighter of all divisions? Your Mum!

2. Who has the strongest gaze in mixed martial arts today? Karlos Vemola!

3. Who is the physically strongest mixed martial artist? Tie between Rosi Sexton and George Roop!

4. Who is the most overrated fighter? GSP!

5. Who is the most athletic mixed martial artist? Cody McKenzie! (obviously)

6. Who is the best represents the martial arts, in mixed martial arts? Brock Lesnar!

7. Who is the biggest prospect in MMA right now? Nick Ring!

8. Who is the greatest Knockout Artist in mixed martial arts today? Matt "K-1" Riddle!

9. Who is the greatest takedown artist in mixed martial arts today? Wonderboy Thompson!

10. Who is the most technical fighter in mixed martial arts? Soa Palelei!

:P

" I feel like Davy Crockett on the walls of the Alamo, swinging Old Betsy as the enemy swarmed in with bayonets. Sheesh. Listen you young punks....." - Bill Burgess

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,540  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

11.23.2013 | 12:52 PM ET

1. Who is the largest pound for pound fighter of all divisions? Tibau

2. Who has the strongest gaze in mixed martial arts today? Velasquez

3. Who is the physically strongest mixed martial artist? Rashad Evans (see how he's handled "stronger" fighters throughout his career in the clinch, I think he's p4p much stronger than he looks)

4. Who is the most overrated fighter? Josh Thomson (He's good, but he's no #1 contender nor top 5 fighter, hence overrated)

5. Who is the most athletic mixed martial artist? GSP

6. Who is the best represents the martial arts, in mixed martial arts? Anderson Silva

7. Who is the biggest prospect in MMA right now? (not in fame, but in level of skill in your eyes) Conor McGregor

8. Who is the greatest Knockout Artist in mixed martial arts today? Johny Hendricks

9. Who is the greatest takedown artist in mixed martial arts today? Cain Velasquez

10. Who is the most technical fighter in mixed martial arts? Anderson Silva

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

yossgold
yossgold

11.23.2013 | 12:53 PM ET

@die, lol on Vemola's strong gaze :)

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

dielegende23
dielegende23
  • Predictions:  21,094  |  71.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,907
  • Post Score: 268

11.23.2013 | 1:44 PM ET

Oh my, didn't realize this **** is super serious business. Let me correct myself...

1. Who is the largest pound for pound fighter of all divisions? Your Mum!

2. Who has the strongest gaze in mixed martial arts today? Your Mum!

3. Who is the physically strongest mixed martial artist? Your Mum!

4. Who is the most overrated fighter? Your Mum!

5. Who is the most athletic mixed martial artist? Your Mum!

6. Who is the best represents the martial arts, in mixed martial arts? My Mum!

7. Who is the biggest prospect in MMA right now? Your Mum!

8. Who is the greatest Knockout Artist in mixed martial arts today? Your Mum!

9. Who is the greatest takedown artist in mixed martial arts today? Your Mum!

10. Who is the most technical fighter in mixed martial arts? Your Mum!

" I feel like Davy Crockett on the walls of the Alamo, swinging Old Betsy as the enemy swarmed in with bayonets. Sheesh. Listen you young punks....." - Bill Burgess

Legz
Legz
  • Predictions:  21,633  |  78.2%
  • Forum Posts:  3,169
  • Post Score: 261

11.23.2013 | 1:54 PM ET

I agree.

"This is Shooto!"

yossgold
yossgold

11.23.2013 | 2:26 PM ET

I disagree, though my mum can hang with the best of them, she's never been that technical ;)

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Curtis Blaydes: UFC 304 fight vs. Tom Aspinall for 'real belt,' Jon Jones won't unify with winner
  • MMA Mania : Tyson ‘The $100 Million Man’ Fury
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Vegas 92 preview show: Can Edson Barboza play spoiler once again?
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 92: 21 Tidbits, Facts And Storylines
  • MMA Junkie : Tom Aspinall vs. Curtis Blaydes 2: Odds and what to know ahead of UFC 304 co-main event
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 303 nearing completion with new bout for McGregor vs. Chandler fight card
  • MMA Junkie : Joe Rogan thinks MMA rules favor strikers over grapplers: 'I don't think you should stand people up, ever'
  • MMA Junkie : Bellator Champions Series results: Patchy Mix squeaks by Magomed Magomedov to retain title
  • UFC.com : Adrian Yanez Is Searching For More
  • MMAFighting.com : Patchy Mix ekes past Magomed Magomedov in Bellator Paris title rematch, wins split decision
  • MMA Mania : Knockout! Doumbe Stops Willis In One-Round WAR!
  • Middle Easy : Patchy Mix Defeats Magomed Magomedov Via Split Decision, Retains Bantamweight Title – Bellator: Paris Results (Highlights)
  • MMA Junkie : Tyson Fury vs. Oleksandr Usyk undisputed title fight is 'something very, very significant'
  • MMA Mania : UFC Fighters Fail To Crack Forbes ‘Highest-Paid’ List
  • MMA Junkie : Bellator Champions Series results: Cedric Doumbe makes quick work of Jaleel Willis to set up Anthony Pettis showdown
  • MMAFighting.com : Bellator Paris video: Cedric Doumbe demolishes Jaleel Willis in first round, faces off with Anthony Pettis
  • Middle Easy : Cédric Doumbé Returns to Win Column, Smashes Jaleel Willis in Opening Round – Bellator: Paris Results (Highlights)
  • MMAFighting.com : Bellator Paris live blog: Patchy Mix vs. Magomed Magomedov 2
  • MMA Junkie : Bellator Champions Series video: Costello van Steenis puts Gregory Babene to sleep with Von Flue choke
  • MMA Junkie : Bellator video: Costello van Steenis puts Gregory Babene to sleep with Von Flue choke