Topic: Fedor Emelianenko

This must be a mistake...

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Idrownfish
Idrownfish
  • Predictions:  1,759  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,407
  • Post Score: 241

07.23.2013 | 9:18 PM ET

At Fedor's wiki page:

"He was never the most technical striker or grappler, nor was he a very big heavyweight, but found more success at heavyweight than will likely ever be seen."

Never the most technical striker.

I've already read it several times, but since the sentence remains there it might not be a product of my imagination. FEDOR ******* EMELIANENKO WAS NEVER THE MOST TECHNICAL STRIKER.

I guess the author of this page thinks there were two very technical strikers in MMA: one named Anderson Silva and one who doesn't exist.

Oh, and there is that thing about his unique mixture of sambo and BJJ not counting as technical grappling  The dude literally gave his opponents chances to try submissions that he knew wouldn't be successful in order to improve his position on the ground for 10 years without getting caught and he isn't a technical grappler.

My suggestion: change this sentence to:  "A very technical striker and grappler, he found more success at his weight class than will likely ever be seen, despite not being a big heavyweight."

EDIT: I agree that his striking was ugly as hell, but MMA isn't a beauty contest. He threw, he landed and didn't get hit against the very best strikers of the world.

* Edited at 07.23.2013, 9:21 PM ET *

"Let's just say if we fought again I wouldn't need to keep my hands up." - Luke Rockhold on Michael Bisping's punching power

"The Last Emperor" Fedor Emelianenko

Photo Source:  

Fighter Details

• Given Name: Фёдор Влади́мирович Емелья́ненко
  • Pro MMA Record: 40-7-0, 1 NC (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: The Last Emperor
  • Current Streak: 1 Loss
  • Last Fight: February 04, 2023 in BFC
  • Weight Class: Heavyweight | Last Weigh-In: 236.2 lbs
  • Affiliation: Alexander Nevsky (Stary Oskol)
  • Height: 6'0" (183cm) | Reach: 76.0" (193cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $1,100,000 USD
  • Born: Rubizhne, Luhansk, Ukrainian SSR
  • Fighting out of: Stary Oskol, Belgorod, Russia
  • College: N/A
  • Foundation Style: Sambo
  • Head Coach: Volk Han
  • Other Coaches: Andrei Kopylov
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

07.23.2013 | 9:23 PM ET

I may get flamed here.. but I agree that he wasn't the most technical striker. 

He had great power and great timing.  He took advantage of people's mistake.  His greatest assets were heart and mind... he overcame adversity and won w/ his overall skill, heart and one of the smartest HW's we'll ever see. 

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

Idrownfish
Idrownfish

07.23.2013 | 9:25 PM ET

Don't worry about that, embrace the thumbs down because I don't think you can ever say something meaningful or adequately support an opinion without getting some.

"Let's just say if we fought again I wouldn't need to keep my hands up." - Luke Rockhold on Michael Bisping's punching power

Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle
  • Predictions:  22,482  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  11,857
  • Post Score: 236

07.23.2013 | 9:25 PM ET

Fedor had amazing techniques in his striking during Rings and Pride, he became a straight brawler after Pride though

"She be curvin all the locals, must like foreigns and this is when I had the Martin, I was just like Lawrence so wassup"

KnockoutsRock21
KnockoutsRock21
  • Predictions:  17,407  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,011
  • Post Score: 251

07.23.2013 | 9:29 PM ET

He winged his punches more than "technically perfect techniques" but his accuracy and power was unbelievable. He also has great timing, high fight IQ and elite grappling. Sometimes the Non-technical fighters are the hardest to game plan for. Fedor is top 3 all time overall and I'd argue top 10 in striking even though he wasn't picture perfect.

"Superman wears Chuck Liddell pajamas"

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,571
  • Post Score: 275

07.23.2013 | 9:42 PM ET

maybe we should all stop saying "technical" in MMA in general.  and start saying something like "traditional" instead

"I live, I die, I live again."

Idrownfish
Idrownfish

07.23.2013 | 9:57 PM ET

"Fedor had amazing techniques in his striking during Rings and Pride, he became a straight brawler after Pride though"

Haha, Fedor is probably the worst case of a fighter degenerating into a brawler that we will ever get to see.

Even out of his physical prime, I think he could have easily beat Dan Henderson and Antonio Silva if he stopped swinging that right hand... 

EDIT: I hope Anderson Silva doesn't degenerate into an exclusive counter-puncher that relies on taunts... That would be really sad to see and he is already showing some signs of that...

* Edited at 07.23.2013, 10:05 PM ET *

benjaminbrandt
benjaminbrandt
  • Predictions:  18,270  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  15,716
  • Post Score: 229

07.23.2013 | 9:57 PM ET

Speaking of technical striking, the girl in @Live's av in telegraphing her punch and its bothering me. 

"I have not yet begun to defile myself. "

amp112
amp112
  • Predictions:  37,156  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  5,588
  • Post Score: 208

07.23.2013 | 10:47 PM ET

Same could be said about Dave Chappelle. Haha. He starts the uppercut from below the hip.
Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle
  • Predictions:  22,482  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  11,857
  • Post Score: 236

07.23.2013 | 10:59 PM ET

Looks like we need Rio Heroes for a Kwon Yuri/Dave Chappelle bout

"She be curvin all the locals, must like foreigns and this is when I had the Martin, I was just like Lawrence so wassup"

benjaminbrandt
benjaminbrandt

07.24.2013 | 12:09 AM ET

Play for blood?

Why, that's just my game.....

(You're a daisy if you do)

OldManGloom
OldManGloom
  • Predictions:  109,651  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  9,505
  • Post Score: 254

07.24.2013 | 12:21 AM ET

^^^Epic movie.

"When the system fails you you create your own system."

benjaminbrandt
benjaminbrandt

07.24.2013 | 12:41 AM ET

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

07.24.2013 | 10:07 AM ET

To say that Fedor wasn't one of the most technical strikers is..odd. Fedor's swings may look sloppy to the naked eye but they are anything but that. His timing was amazing, he wielded an absurd amount of power and his ability to parry strikes from anywhere made him the beast he was. Near-perfect footwork and the ability to mix it up were also things Fedor was excellent at. His striking wasn't aesthetically pleasing but that doesn't make it any worse.

To say that Fedor wasn't one of the most technical grapplers is a classic case of a dumb****tard being given the ability to make wiki-edits. Fedor is one of the greatest grapplers of all-time if not the greatest, the person who wrote that page is a ******* idiot who shouldn't be allowed to have children for the fear of spreading more dumb******y on this planet.

Alright so I have just identified the idiot in question. Joelkiz, explain yourself.

EDIT: Alright so I'm editing this wiki and check out this gem: "Emelianko's first fight was Nogueira was surprising because of "Big Nog's" feared submission game. Yet Fedor dared to take down Nogueira, and would bait potential submission holds in order to land punches from inside of Nogueira's guard. Their second match would end in a no contest after 3:52, but their third was another classic fight. This time Fedor would stand the majority of the fight with the more technical puncher, but would still take home the decision victory."

HAHAHAHAHAHA. I'M A BETTER TECHNICAL PUNCHER THAN BIG NOG FOR ****'S SAKE. Nogueira is an awful striker who's only starting to tag his opponents more as of late because he's adopted a brawler game since his technical boxing game was so god awful.

* Edited at 07.24.2013, 10:13 AM ET *

"الله أكبرl"

amp112
amp112
  • Predictions:  37,156  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  5,588
  • Post Score: 208

07.24.2013 | 1:38 PM ET

Why are we surprised at anything on wikipedia anymore? 
Idrownfish
Idrownfish

07.25.2013 | 3:24 AM ET

Nog's boxing is pretty good imho...

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,552  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

07.25.2013 | 6:46 AM ET

lol!! I just love it when something/somebody pisses @Anik off :)

His posts are a joy to read! I love them!

* Edited at 07.25.2013, 6:46 AM ET *

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : Charles Oliveira Open To Colby Covington And Max Holloway Superfights
  • MMAFighting.com : Stamp Fairtex out of June fight, U.S. card after serious knee injury
  • Jits Magazine : IBJJF Baton Rouge Open 2024 Features Several Top Competitors
  • MMA Mania : SWATTED? Armed Police Disrupt ‘Suga’ Show
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! Armed Police Disrupt ‘Suga’ Show
  • MMA Junkie : Kamaru Usman: Belal Muhammad not a 'high-enough level of a wrestler' to beat Leon Edwards at UFC 304
  • MMA Mania : Silva-Sonnen 3 Proposed As MMA, But Sonnen Targeting ‘Gamebred’
  • MMA Junkie : Islam Makhachev's coach: Arman Tsarukyan passing up title shot 'right call from him'
  • Middle Easy : Chael Sonnen Reveals October Boxing Clash with Jorge Masvidal in the Works
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 304 adds Oban Elliott vs. Preston Parsons
  • MMA Mania : ‘That’s The Fight!’ Edwards And McGregor Share Mutual Interest
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Saudi Arabia adds several bouts for Robert Whittaker vs. Khamzat Chimaev card
  • Middle Easy : Conor McGregor Addresses His Comments on Sean O’Malley, Goes Off on Ilia Topuria, and Targets Leon Edwards in Wild Livestream
  • MMA Junkie : Tyron Woodley plans on MMA return, blames 'wack' UFC Apex for recent performances
  • Middle Easy : Demetrious Johnson Not Interested in Usyk vs. Fury Rematch, Urges ‘The Cat’ to Retire: ‘There’s Nothing Left He Can Prove’
  • MMA Mania : Aspinall: ‘Next Fight After Blaydes Has To Be For Undisputed Title’
  • MMAFighting.com : Sean O’Malley reveals crazy story after fake police call: ‘They said I killed my parents’
  • Middle Easy : Tom Aspinall Hopes to See Oleksandr Usyk and Tyson Fury Run It Back, Will ‘Wait Out’ for Jon Jones After Blaydes Fight
  • MMA Junkie : Conor McGregor rips UFC champ Ilia Topuria: ‘He reminds me of a retarded Artem Lobov’
  • MMAFighting.com : Conor McGregor trashes UFC champ Ilia Topuria: ‘He reminds me of a little r*tard Artem Lobov’