Topic: St-Pierre vs. Hendricks

St. Pierre vs. Hendricks

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,673  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,584
  • Post Score: 60

06.19.2013 | 12:39 PM ET

Prediction: correct St-Pierre   correct Decision  

This is the official discussion thread for St. Pierre vs. Hendricks. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 7

DelRose
DelRose

07.01.2013 | 12:42 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Hendricks   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

I don't see Hendricks winning this. But he might make it exciting. Don't think anyone has hands as heavy as his.

"That hole is tighter than a nuns nasty"

amp112
amp112
  • Predictions:  37,156  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  5,588
  • Post Score: 208

07.01.2013 | 1:51 PM ET

I know it's a long shot, but I'm more interested in seeing if Hendricks can put GSP on his back than seeing Hendricks hit him with a clean right, especially if it's one of those slams he had against Condit.

Like I said, a long shot, but a boy can dream.
Pascuall82
Pascuall82
  • Predictions:  573  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: 200

07.14.2013 | 10:27 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Hendricks   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 4  

I want Hendricks to win he deserve it, and I think he will win, I saw him controlling StPierre with his wrestling and with a nice boxing, StPierre will boxing against him but all we know the power of Hendricks, after some rounds both will be tired, Hendricks will conect and throw down George and he wotnt be able to stand-up because of the wrestling control of Johny . Hendricks is going to TKO George
yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,528  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

07.14.2013 | 1:13 PM ET

This will be GSP/Kos II all over again ... jab-jab-jab, superman punch+legkick ... for 5 rounds.

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

p4pgoat
p4pgoat
  • Predictions:  4,888  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,908
  • Post Score: 143

07.14.2013 | 1:18 PM ET

Prediction: correct St-Pierre   wrong Submission   wrong Round 4  

So you're saying Hendricks will look like this but with a beard and minus the blond fro?

"We are all human, it's time to prove it."

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,528  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

07.14.2013 | 1:33 PM ET

More or less ... but I've been known to be wrong :)

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

07.14.2013 | 1:53 PM ET

On paper, many seem to have a credible chance against GSP.  But once the fights gets underway, the theories go out the window.

Diaz was supposed to put on a boxing clinic.  Condit was supposed to bring overall excellence, which he did. Koscheck had a dangerous overhand right.  And so forth.

Once Johny finds that his big left has been anticipated and prepared for, he will have his other boxing skills, and ground game to win the fight.  He will find that his other boxing skills will fall to a hard jab popping in his face.  He will find that his wrestling, while good, will be insufficient against a stronger man with longer arms and faster reflexes.  Johny will soon find that GSP on the ground is no joke.

After his loss, Johny will get consoling advice from GSP, who is the most gracious winner ever.  

The opponents are getting fewer and fewer.  Ellenberger and Maia do not excite me.  WW needs an exciting force to emerge.  Erick Silva, Siyar Bahadurzada?  They haven't developed as once hoped for.  Matt Brown, Mike Pyle, Mike Pierce?  No, I don't think so.  The only real credible contender is Rory MacDonald and so far, he hasn't shown a willingness to fight his friend, mentor and training partner.  I hope his position evolves.  That would make for a good fight, even if he loses.  

* Edited at 07.14.2013, 1:54 PM ET *

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,395  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,487
  • Post Score: 203

07.14.2013 | 3:07 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Hendricks   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

Ellenberger and Maia don't excite you yet you think Siyar has a chance with some improvement? Bill Logic.

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

07.14.2013 | 3:21 PM ET

Ignore tacos.  Never said what he claimed.  Never even implied it.  Stop putting words in people's mouths.  That's why no one takes you seriously.

Neither Siyar nor Erick will ever have a chance against GSP.  Their early excitement promise doesn't translate into their ever beating GSP. 

You're a gifted sniper, but not an accurate reporter.  Stop trying to interpret those you are not qualified to.

* Edited at 07.14.2013, 3:35 PM ET *

buffalo ben
buffalo ben
  • Predictions:  3,705  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  6,348
  • Post Score: 157

07.14.2013 | 10:03 PM ET

Who was saying Diaz was supposed to do this, or Condit was supposed to do that? George fights the top contender at 170 but anyone who convinces himself that they have a good chance is off their rocker. I knew Weidman could beat Silva, and so did most of the world. GSP I the least likely person to lose in the UFC, because his entire system is based around not losing.

* Edited at 07.14.2013, 10:03 PM ET *

"You don't have to be perfect, just dont be fraudulant"

NoJuice11
NoJuice11
  • Predictions:  8,305  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,544
  • Post Score: 208

07.15.2013 | 12:38 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Hendricks   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 4  

its gonna more of the same, it should be pretty competitive though. Hendricks has the power but GSP is still a far better striker, better wrestler, etc. Weidman was supposed to beat silva, GSP isn't done yet.

sorry Hendricks fans

"Dude everyone knows Shaq got rich off playing in college"-Baseketball

nogfan
nogfan
  • Predictions:  15,253  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,269
  • Post Score: 199

07.15.2013 | 7:02 PM ET

Prediction: correct St-Pierre   wrong Submission   wrong Round 5  

I've been following Johny Hendricks since his collegiate wrestling days so yes i"m biased  in favor of him.  But i'm not totally sure he can handle Georges Riddum.  I'll probably change the pick to what will happen: decision
CleanTheTroll
CleanTheTroll

07.15.2013 | 9:46 PM ET

a great year of fighting ahead

gsp is a beast and the best welterweight to ever fight in the ufc . that said i think johnny will hit to hard for him unless gsp can hold him down i see johnny boy winning this . would like to see gsp move to middleweight sometime

"i would like to thank god for TRT ( vitor belfort )"

jblurch73
jblurch73
  • Predictions:  4,851  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  32
  • Post Score: 84

08.30.2013 | 1:06 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Hendricks   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

I see this knda like the 1st Serra fight..

"Take time to deliberate; but when the time for action arrives, stop thinking and go in. "

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

08.30.2013 | 1:46 AM ET

I see this going down as similar to the Condit vs. GSP fight.  Johny will have his moments, but overall, it will be another routine GSP win.

I see GSP deciding to keep it on the feet for a few minutes, just to prove he can outstrike Hendricks.  And after that, he will kick him some and then take him down and out-wrestle him.

He will not only out-wrestle him, but will do so convincingly, compellingly, and with domination.  The blood will soak into Johny's beard, and splatter all over the floor.  It will be the worst night of Johny's life.  And the star of GSP will shine high over the MMA firmament.

I, too, wish he'd move up to MW and fight people closer to his own level.

* Edited at 08.30.2013, 1:47 AM ET *

pac336
pac336
  • Predictions:  3,164  |  60.7%
  • Forum Posts:  170
  • Post Score: 179

08.30.2013 | 3:20 AM ET

IMO if Hendricks can't land the knockout punch in the first 2 rounds GSP will take control and grind out the dec.

"I like to party!!!"

EDEN
EDEN

08.30.2013 | 6:08 PM ET

There is no way in Gods green planet that GSP loses that fight. This is not his toughest match up at all. I just don't see how the smartest guy in all of MMA will fall for a left hand that anyone who isn't legally blind can see coming all the way from Africa. No way
This user is suspended from posting until 4 months, 2 weeks, 3 days, 9 hours, and 16 minutes from now.
AnAlias
AnAlias
  • Predictions:  7,901  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  8,737
  • Post Score: 246

10.30.2013 | 12:33 PM ET

Nomad
Nomad
  • Predictions:  3,465  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  5,117
  • Post Score: 181

10.30.2013 | 12:37 PM ET

Watch the burn ointment have steroids in it or some stupid ****. 

"If I have a goal, then it is to escape from this literalism. I'll never achieve it; in the same way that I'll never manage to describe what really dwells within my character, although I keep on trying."

cal1
cal1
  • Predictions:  22,053  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,001
  • Post Score: 251

10.30.2013 | 12:39 PM ET

I'm glad it's all healed up, because Johny is going to be spending a lot of time on said back. 

"UFC 151 NEVER FORGET"

Page 7

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : Alex Pereira Challenges Anthony Smith To $50,000 Grappling Match, Smith Accepts
  • Jits Magazine : UFC Veteran Raphael Assuncao Spits At 10th Planet Black Belt After Disqualification Win
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! O’Malley Wants Sleepy Time For Mac
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Would Sleep Sean O’Malley’
  • MMA Mania : ‘My D—k Didn’t Get Hard!’ Brown Couldn’t ‘Get Fired Up’ About Fight Offer
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media
  • Middle Easy : Sean O’Malley Snaps Back at ‘Sugar’d Up’ Conor McGregor Over Past PED Usage: ‘When Your Idols Turn to Rivals’
  • Middle Easy : Ian Garry Promises to ‘Slap the Mouth Off’ Colby Covingtong Within One Round: ‘Sign the F*cking Contract’
  • MMAFighting.com : Jose Aldo opens as big underdog for potential Sean O’Malley title fight
  • Middle Easy : Dana White Roasted Over Fighter Pay, Slams ‘Liberal F*cks’ Netflix During the Streaming Giant’s Tom Brady Special
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Felt I Can’t Say No’
  • MMAFighting.com : Heather Hardy reveals career likely over due to ‘too much brain damage’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 medical suspensions: Four fighters receive 180 days but not Jack Shore for leg wound
  • MMA Junkie : Weekend boxing review: Canelo Alvarez gave vintage performance. Is David Benavidez next?
  • MMAFighting.com : Dustin Poirier thinks Islam Makhachev is underestimating him ahead of UFC 302
  • MMA Mania : Aspinall In The Dark While Jones ‘Is Playing Games Again’
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 medical suspensions: 3 winners potentially out 6 months
  • Middle Easy : Jose Aldo vs. Sean O’Malley? ‘Very Possible Chance’ Outlandish Title Fight Happens, Says Outspoken UFC Star
  • MMA Junkie : Matt Brown explains how UFC 300 snub finalized retirement decision, says BKFC signing 'not out of the question'
  • MMAFighting.com : Sean O’Malley responds to Conor McGregor diss, now wants Michael Chandler to ‘sleep’ him