Topic: Best Pound-for-Pound Men

my best pound for pound list

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

bispingthebest
bispingthebest
  • Predictions:  1,055  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  185
  • Post Score: 17

06.11.2011 | 12:32 PM ET

have a go

"Win,Lose or Tie NICK DIAZ till I die"

Responses Page 4

thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794
  • Predictions:  5,113  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,315
  • Post Score: 142

06.18.2011 | 2:38 PM ET

I have Edgar 3rd for that... And itl be proven when he defends his belt against maynard!

"I really feel like I'm the most dangerous guy out there" BJ Penn........... UFC on Fox 2 event winner :)

dvnmiller26
dvnmiller26
  • Predictions:  1,075  |  58.6%
  • Forum Posts:  270
  • Post Score: 170

06.18.2011 | 2:46 PM ET

@thiago +1000 I think Edgar is going to smash Maynard this time around. 
jaffacakehero
jaffacakehero
  • Predictions:  5,066  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,396
  • Post Score: 240

06.18.2011 | 2:49 PM ET

it'll go down exactly like KZ vs Garcia II and Cerrone vs Henderson II,everyone will expect another war but frankie will finish gray this time around!

"If you're matched up against me, you better be prepared to give your life...because I am prepared to take it. - Conor McGregor"

SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  32,055  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13,504
  • Post Score: 186

06.18.2011 | 2:50 PM ET

you guys have that backwards!

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794
  • Predictions:  5,113  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,315
  • Post Score: 142

06.18.2011 | 2:51 PM ET

BEAUTIFUL FRANKIE BEAUTIFUL!

"I really feel like I'm the most dangerous guy out there" BJ Penn........... UFC on Fox 2 event winner :)

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

06.18.2011 | 6:18 PM ET

the only p4p list that has showtime and kos in it and has Nick Diaz in his rightful place. :< }
Ketchupman7000
Ketchupman7000
  • Predictions:  265  |  53.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7
  • Post Score: 129

08.10.2011 | 5:21 PM ET

Nick Diaz Should not be number 2

" I dont know who has the advantage in a rematch but i know that losing to people sucks" - Forest Griffin

xbassistdoodx
xbassistdoodx
  • Predictions:  2,546  |  56.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,218
  • Post Score: 104

08.10.2011 | 5:25 PM ET

Here you go guys!

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants" - Isaac Newton

jersey0525
jersey0525
  • Predictions:  2,766  |  60.6%
  • Forum Posts:  4,536
  • Post Score: 188

08.10.2011 | 5:26 PM ET

i'd LOVE to agree with cha @wolfie, but i can't move diaz up any higher until he wins...and he WILL! also,i give cain more credit than most, as he's a complete fighter...and those are hard to come by at heavyweight

"im an OT (ORIGINAL TAPOLOGIST), I used to write for cagepages.com. NO ONE CAN TAKE THAT LEFT HAND SHOT"

xbassistdoodx
xbassistdoodx

08.10.2011 | 5:36 PM ET

Nick Diaz would be below Art Jimmerson on my P4P list

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants" - Isaac Newton

CodyG219
CodyG219
  • Predictions:  450  |  58.0%
  • Forum Posts:  2
  • Post Score: 150

08.10.2011 | 6:04 PM ET

honestly, i think i can fight better with my nutsack that nick diaz can fight period.

"He's going to hurt me when he punches me, and I'm fine with that, but I'm gonna walk straight up to him, put him on his ass, and beat a hole in his face."

xbassistdoodx
xbassistdoodx

08.10.2011 | 6:14 PM ET

You're probably right!

jersey0525
jersey0525

08.10.2011 | 6:39 PM ET

WOW!! alot of diaz hate in here...yall are gonna be choking on that sack after diaz beats gsp! haha

"im an OT (ORIGINAL TAPOLOGIST), I used to write for cagepages.com. NO ONE CAN TAKE THAT LEFT HAND SHOT"

xbassistdoodx
xbassistdoodx

08.10.2011 | 6:42 PM ET

I'd take Jacob from Twilight over Diaz.

p4pgoat
p4pgoat
  • Predictions:  4,888  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,908
  • Post Score: 143

08.10.2011 | 6:44 PM ET

I think in order to be on this list you must compete against the best and Nick Diaz certainly does not.

"We are all human, it's time to prove it."

themysticalninja
themysticalninja
  • Predictions:  1,219  |  59.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,725
  • Post Score: 123

08.10.2011 | 6:51 PM ET

Nick Diaz is no way the ranked #2 in the P4P list. If Jon Jones beats Rampage, I will put him in the #3 P4P spot.

Explanation for my choices. Because why not.

#10 - Eddie Alvarez: His list of wins since his defeat to Shinya Aoki (no shame there) may not make you go wow, but regardless it is a solid list, And beating the likes of the always dangerous Toby Imada, Roger Huerta and Pat Curran means he should get some well deserved props.

#9 - Nick Diaz: Again someone who is held back by his list of oppenents being slightly suspect. But the man comes to fight as shown by his 10 fight winning streak that has not seen one go to the judges. Which is a good thing because I could just see Nick Diaz spitting on them. Before they read the scorecards. Regardless he's been exciting and hell, Beating a legend in Frank Shamrock, exposing Marius Žaromskis, having a good run with the Strikeforce which has seen and having quality wins over Hayato Sakurai and Paul Daley means he gets a well deserved #9 spot. And no it would be silly to demote him just because he vacted the SF Welterweight belt.

#8 - Cain Velasquez; The man who could become the next (and legit...Sorry Fedor) GOAT Heavyweight. He may only be 9-0 but in that short amount of time, he has pretty much become the Juggernaut of the UFC. Against Kongo he made scientists come to the conclusion that you'll need three arms to stand a chance of beating him as despite being rocked heavily against the Kongo, he came back and beat him down. He beat an experienced Ben Rothwell, he made K1 a happy man when he just beat Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira like he was an 8 year old. In a wheelchair. and Then he decided to make Brock Lesnar dance (and make me a sad man). His ranking is "low" due to only just winning the belt and not having defended it yet. His reign could be cut short by JDS due to his lengthy lay-off. But if he beats JDS in impressive fashion, I can't see anyone stopping him.

#7 - Dominick Cruz; Urijah Faber, Scott Jorgensen, Joseph Benavidez (x2) and Brian Bowles. Thanks to WEC (ah the memories *sniff*) we've come to know that Cruz had potential. Then the UFC said welcome to the big leagues and Cruz wilted and faded into...oh wait...HE DID JUST THE DAMN OPPOSITE! He showed that Benavidez will always be second to him and then showed Faber how much he has improved. Mighty Mouse might spoil the party but right now, Cruz is on cloud 9. Plus he gets points for beating someone with the nickname "Uncle Creepy".

#6 - Jon Jones: Love him or hate him (and at Tapology, it's 50/50 it seems), the kid has been on a tear. Technically undefeated (heh, if Fedor can have that honour, why not anyone else who was screwed into a loss). He has looked spectacular in each fight (even in his "loss"). So far his oppenents have put up a fight in a manner that a stuffed animal defends itself from a tiger. Ryan Bader was suppose to be his toughest test. Yeah we see how tough that was for Jones. Rua would present problems due to being experienced and it being the the Rua Era (which took place after the Machida Era. Know your history!). Jones said NEXT! and now he has a money match against Jackson and - if he gets past Rampage - against Rashad. Jones has made the Light Heavyweight title scene even more exciting

#5 - Frankie Edgar; Sure he wins by decision more then KO or sub but great wins against Sean Sherk (who was the Lightweight champ...yes I know, hard to remember). BJ Penn, twice!, in which the rematch saw Edgar make Penn look...human. Then there was the rematch against Maynard that everyone thought was going to be a snoozefest (based on their first match) only to see Edgar come back from defeat and dominate Maynard enough to secure a draw and thus have everyone excited for their third encounter (except Anthony Petis, who now curses both names). His last three fights alone are enough to see him get into the top 5.

#4 - Gilbert Melendez; He's beaten Shinya Aoki,Tatsuya Kawajiri, Josh Thomson, Mitsuhiro Ishida, Rodrigo Damm. The last one may not be that noteworthy except it was for the Interim SF Lightweight championship. But in the other fights, he avenged his two losses and he repelled the Japanese invasion. just enforcing the fact that if Aoki can't implement his game plan, he's screwed and making Kawajiri's nickname "Crusher" seem inappropriate, due to the fact that Melendez was the one doing the crushing to his soul. He just beats out Edger due to being that bit more exciting. And yes maybe he is a bit high, but like Edgar he deseves respect.

#3 - Jose Aldo; What did Cub Swanson say to Jose Aldo? Seriously Swanson must have not seen a human running but a truck. That suddenly flew up and hit him making him crumble. Any harder and he would have shattered into a tiny thousand pieces. Then Aldo decided to break Mike Brown. Again Brown must have said something to Aldo, as the Junior/Scarface just toyed with him before putting him out of his misery. Faber manage to survive though being kicked and hit for five rounds may have ended up being worse then just getting KO'd and then his war with Hominick proved that not even science can beat Aldo has despite being ill and making Hominick stronger by giving him a giant lump, he survived and showed that he's not just a beast physically, but his will is made of iron. Or Gundanium. He's number 3 because I don't want to have five mins trying to explain to Scarface why he was ranked lower. Or the fact he has looked damn impressive.

#2 - GSP; Oh you know why he's here. He's cleaned out the Welterweight division to the point he made Dana say "but..." after "business as usual" when he brought SF and deciding to take Diaz from SF and put him in a title match to face GSP (thus making Fitch go "for the muthaf***ing love of God"). Classy guy, a man you HAVE to respect and dominiant against the best welterweights in the world. He's #2 though due to lack of finishes in his recent fights which means...

#1 - Anderson Silva; Forget the Demian Maia, Thales Leites, Patrick Côté matches. Every other fight Silva has had in the UFC has been impressive because Silva gets the job done in exciting fashion. And when you can't beat him when he's injuried, what hope do you have? He made Franklin wish Silva was never born due to cutting Ace's reign short. He made Lutter remember to keep your f***ing weight down by vicious elbows to the head. He made a grown man in Forest Griffin not just cry but run out of the arena by embrassing him. He showed true heart of a champion by not wilting against Sonnen and then channeled his inner Steven Segal (and made the "actor" cool again) at the expense of Belfort. Now I've made K1 reach for the puke bucket so I'll end it here :D

"Go get some Donald CER-ROE-NAY!" - Greg Jackson

jersey0525
jersey0525

08.10.2011 | 6:53 PM ET

@p4p....do i have to say this AGAIN...lol...its not his fault he hasn't fought these ufc fighters...he got cut, because he was a)losing really close decisions and b) not playing "the game" as dana put it...then he's moved on to smaller orgs...while he's getting better and better, he keeps dismantling all comers....i have gsp as my number one p4p, because right now, he is the most complete fighter in the world regardless of weight..which is what p4p goat means to me...however, nick diaz is a CLOSE 4th...im honestly going to switch jones with silva if he dominates rampage and put diaz number 1 if he does what i expect and finish gsp...just because he's not smart, not politically correct, smokes pot, and talks **** doesnt take away from the greatness of this fighter...if ur HONESTLY looking at the fighter's ability, and not personal animosity, then diaz is no lower than 5th...period

xbassistdoodx
xbassistdoodx

08.10.2011 | 6:55 PM ET

No lower than fifth? I can't wait until he loses 3 in a row and is sent packing along with his brother.

jersey0525
jersey0525

08.10.2011 | 6:55 PM ET

@ninja, very impressive

themysticalninja
themysticalninja
  • Predictions:  1,219  |  59.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,725
  • Post Score: 123

08.10.2011 | 6:57 PM ET

Lol I was suppose to keep each description short but then I got carried away :(

"Go get some Donald CER-ROE-NAY!" - Greg Jackson

Page 4

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : White: Mac Wages Mental Warfare At Muhammad Ali Levels
  • Jits Magazine : Four More ADCC 2024 Invites Given To Grapplers All Around The World
  • Jits Magazine : Excellent Australia vs Brazil Lineup Confirmed For Subversion Origin 2
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! Smiley Mac Confounds Fans With Latest Update
  • MMA Mania : UFC Louisville: Best Betting Props, Parlays And Picks
  • MMA Junkie : Ricky Turcios no longer upset at Raul Rosas Jr. for last-minute withdrawal: 'I put the past behind me'
  • Middle Easy : Arman Tsarukyan Confident Islam Makhachev Will Be a ‘Very Easy Fight’ for Him After Seeing Him at UFC 302
  • MMA Junkie : Raul Rosas Jr. slighted by Ricky Turcios' criticism of his withdrawal, confident he'll 'put him out' at UFC on ESPN 57
  • MMAFighting.com : No Bets Barred: Can Jared Cannonier still make a title run or will Nassourdine Imavov end the dream at UFC Louisville?
  • MMA Mania : White Lie: Power Slap ‘Has More Viewers Than Any Taylor Swift Video Ever Posted’
  • MMA Junkie : Alex Pereira: Everybody talks about Magomed Ankalaev's grappling, 'but they don't know my ground'
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 304 poster released featuring champs Leon Edwards, Tom Aspinall
  • MMA Mania : FIGHT LIFE! Poirier Details Extent Of Multiple Injuries
  • MMA Junkie : Daniel Marcos: UFC on ESPN 57 a great opportunity to stop John Castañeda, close in on rankings
  • MMA Junkie : Nassourdine Imavov: Jared Cannonier won't hit me like he did 'punching bag' Marvin Vettori
  • Middle Easy : There is ‘Great Positivity’ That the UFC 303 Headliner Between Conor McGregor and Michael Chandler Will Move Forward
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC antitrust settlement agreement includes new contract provisions for fighters
  • MMA Mania : Makhachev Would Have Been ‘Very Easy Fight’ For Tsarukyan At UFC 302
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC antitrust settlement agreement submitted to the court for approval
  • UFC.com : BRAD KATONA: ADDRESSING THE BOTTLENECK