Topic: UFC 130

UFC 130 PREDICTIONS AND DISCUSSION

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,575
  • Post Score: 275

05.28.2011 | 5:11 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 325 Points   |   Tied for 355th

Here we go ladies and gentlemen, UFC 130 is coming at you live and direct tonight from Las Vegas, Nevada. The event will be broadcast on Facebook, Spike TV, and then Pay Per View.  The Facebook prelimins are scheduled to begin at about 6:45 pm eastern time on the UFC Channel.   Then on Spike TV at 8:00, and PPV at 9:00.

10 fights in total, which is down from the normal 11 or 12, but stacked with all sorts of intriguing matchups.  Make sure to get your fights locked in ASAP, as the person tonight with the best picks will win the BetOnFighting.com $500 Contest.   Thank you BetOnFighting.com!!!

Your prediction results and leaderboard ranking will AUTOMATICALLY show up in any posts made on this thread. If you want to embed your full listing of picks you can do that also.  The full leaderboard can be found here.

Fight Card, Prediction Breakdowns, Betting Odds:
1) -360 Renan Barao (74% Tapology) vs. +295 Cole Escovedo (26% Tapology)
2) -380 Michael McDonald (89% Tapology) vs. +320 Chris Cariaso (11% Tapology)
3) -350 Gleison Tibau (93% Tapology) vs. +280 Rafaello Oliveira (7% Tapology)
4) -145 Kendall Grove (61% Tapology) vs. +120 Tim Boetsch (39% Tapology)
5) -135 Miguel Torres (69% Tapology) vs. +115 Demetrious Johnson (31% Tapology)
6) -140 Brian Stann (71% Tapology) vs. +115 Jorge Santiago (29% Tapology)
7) -210 Thiago Alves (83% Tapology) vs. +180 Rick Story (17% Tapology)
8) -140 Travis Browne (30% Tapology) vs. +115 Stefan Struve (70% Tapology)
9) -135 Frank Mir (49% Tapology) vs. +110 Roy Nelson (51% Tapology)
10) -285 Quinton Jackson (82% Tapology vs. +240 Matt Hamill (18% Tapology)

Enjoy the fights and good luck in your predictions!

REMINDER: No requesting of or posting links to illegal streams of this broadcast.

"I live, I die, I live again."

UFC 130
  • Saturday 05.28.2011 at 09:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Pay Per View | Prelims: Spike TV
  • Name: UFC 130: Rampage vs Hamill
  • Also Known As: UFC 130: Three for All
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Zuffa, LLC
  • Venue: MGM Grand Garden Arena
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Mike Goldberg, Joe Rogan
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Joe Rogan
  • Ticket Revenue (live gate): $2,577,250
  • Attendance: 12,753 (Paid: 7,470)
  • PPV Buys / Buyrate: 325,000 | TV Ratings: 1.3M (Spike Prelims)
  • MMA Bouts: 10
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Quinton Jackson   defeats   Matt Hamill   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Frank Mir   defeats   Roy Nelson   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Travis Browne   defeats   Stefan Struve   via KO/TKO, Punches   4:11 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Rick Story   defeats   Thiago Alves   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Brian Stann   defeats   Jorge Santiago   via KO/TKO, Punches   4:29 Round 2 of 3, 9:29 Total Bout Page
Demetrious Johnson   defeats   Miguel Torres   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Tim Boetsch   defeats   Kendall Grove   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Gleison Tibau   defeats   Rafaello Oliveira   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   3:28 Round 2 of 3, 8:28 Total Bout Page
Michael McDonald   defeats   Chris Cariaso   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Renan Barão   defeats   Cole Escovedo   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 13

jaykool777
jaykool777
  • Predictions:  25,528  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  3,654
  • Post Score: 158

05.29.2011 | 12:59 AM ET

Predictions: 5 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 275 Points   |   Tied for 517th

My overall outlook on UFC 130 is that it was about like UFC 129, in the sense that all the fights were really exciting and deserved all the praise in the world except for the main event. However, at least Rampage and Hamill were actually willing to fight, not throughout the entire fight, but at least they fought. Unlike GSP/Shields.

1. Renan do Nascimento Mota Pegado vs. Cole Escovedo = Not the most exciting that I've ever seen, but a very good technical and tactical match-up that saw the right fighter get the win.

2. Michael McDonald vs. Chris Cariaso = A fight that was right where it belonged on the card. Neither fighter really did anything that I really impress me, but who knows somewhere down the road one of them could be a future superstar in MMA.

3. Gleison Tibau vs. Rafaello Oliveira = Tibau showed a lot of improvement on his overall fight game, but of course it's easy to look good against a B-level fighter. Tibau just might be someone making his way towards title contention or a really good gatekeeper. What this fight proves, is that if Tibau is a really good gatekeeper, Oliveira doesn't belong in the UFC just yet. If Tibau is a contender, then put him up against Melvin Guillard, Jim Miller, or George Sotiropolis. I think Sean Sherk needs an opponent.

4. Tim Boetsch vs. Kendall Grove = Boetsch needs to learn a better way of cutting weight, and Grove might need to go to Strikeforce or Bellator.

5. Demetrious Johnson vs. Miguel Angel Torres = One of the greatest tactical and technical ground fights ever in MMA history, but because of this, it also proves that the judges know nothing about true MMA or BJJ. If this fight had taken place in Japan, or PRIDE was still in existence, Torres would've won this fight by UD. No matter what, both fighters put on a great fight, and should be proud of themselves win or lose. Both fighters are extremely tough, and have a ton of heart. I was very impressed with both fighters. They should pat themselves on the back for one of the greatest ground fights ever.

6. Brian Stann vs. Jorge Santiago = I really felt that since Stann KO'd Leben, this fight was an insult to Brian Stann. Stann did exactly what I said he was going to do, just one round later. Stann deserves a fight against one of the top tier fighters at 185 or at least Mark Munoz.

7. Rick Story vs. Thiago Alves = A fight where I should've went with my original gut instinct. Alves only has himself to blame for this loss. He knew what Story's gameplan was, and he fell right into it. Whether people agree with the decision or not, Alves has only himself to blame for letting this fight go to the judges. There was several times where Alves could've won or ended the fight, but didn't capitalize, and he just let Story control the pace of the fight, and where the fight took place.

8. Travis Browne vs. Stefan Struve = KO Of The Night!!!! Both fighters gave everything they have, and put on one hell of a performance. Struve needs to develop his stand-up defense, while Browne proved that he just might be the darkhorse of the UFC HW division. His next fight should be against Roy Nelson or Ben Rothwell.

9. Frank Mir vs. Roy Nelson = This should get Fight Of The Night IMO. Both fighters gave it everything that they had. This was the HW version of Forrest Griffin/Stefan Bonnar at TUF 1. I really thought this was going to be Roy Nelson's shot to get over the hurdle of beating a top 10 HW, but low and behold Roy once again lost. I'm actually glad this fight went the way it did. I feel bad for Roy Nelson, but I'm very happy for Frank Mir. Mir showed a wealth of improvement to his overall game. Both fighters need to work on their stamina/cardio, but other than that, they have nothing to be ashamed of at all. Both fighters should be proud of their performance, and we should be honored to have witnessed to great warriors giving it everything that they have.

10. Quinton "Rampage" Jackson vs. Matt "The Hammer" Hamill = The Hammer got hammered. Rampage should've put him away, but at least he won the fight. This fight just proves that Hamill isn't top tier, and Rampage needs either a rematch with Machida or a rematch with Forrest Griffin. Rampage needs a true challenge.

All in all it was a great night of fights. The main event didn't quite deliver the way I that I thought it would, but none-the-less, it was comparable, or maybe even better than UFC 129. Even without Edgar/Maynard 3.

"Keep it punk rock!!!!"

geezhound
geezhound
  • Predictions:  6,745  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,297
  • Post Score: 193

05.29.2011 | 1:02 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 10 Winners, 3 Perfect, 475 Points   |   Tied for 63rd

My favorite card in a long time. I was very happy with all the fights.

Torres kinda' screwed my score, but **** happens.

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."

OldManGloom
OldManGloom
  • Predictions:  109,651  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  9,505
  • Post Score: 254

05.29.2011 | 1:19 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 10 Winners, 5 Perfect, 450 Points   |   Tied for 109th

3 new awards from this card, can't complain about that.

"When the system fails you you create your own system."

SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  32,055  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13,504
  • Post Score: 186

05.29.2011 | 1:25 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 475 Points   |   Tied for 63rd

@OldMan congrats on the awards man! I got 2 awards and a promotion to 3rd degree purple belt...Not a bad card for us!

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

OldManGloom
OldManGloom

05.29.2011 | 1:30 AM ET

Thanks @SoccerKick.  Which awards for you?  Mine were the 4 & 5 perfect on one card and the moderate upset for the Story/Alves fight.

SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  32,055  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13,504
  • Post Score: 186

05.29.2011 | 1:33 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 475 Points   |   Tied for 63rd

I got my 250 winners and 25 total Bantamweight winners...4 and 5 perfect is awesome man! I struggle getting perfects!

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

OldManGloom
OldManGloom

05.29.2011 | 1:41 AM ET

Nice, I've got a ways to go to get those awards.

giosanti
giosanti
  • Predictions:  1,464  |  66.1%
  • Forum Posts:  340
  • Post Score: 131

05.29.2011 | 3:10 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 10 Winners, 5 Perfect, 550 Points   |   Tied for 13th with 9 others

Looking at the leaderboards of the four UFC events I've picked since joining Tapology, I think SilentOutlaw is the only person to get more points than me, and by 50. I think a great addition to the site would be an overall leaderboard that includes points from all events that have happened. Then you could do smaller leaderboards of just UFC events, etc.

"I'm what counts out here. You only exist out here because of me."

thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794
  • Predictions:  5,113  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,315
  • Post Score: 142

05.29.2011 | 6:45 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 10 Winners, 3 Perfect, 375 Points   |   Tied for 248th

KO of the night : Travis Browne..... Sub of the night : Gleison Tibau........ Fight of the night : Frank Mir Vs Roy Nelson (dont see how it didnt get it Mir just gets robbed of bonuses)... Thoughts : MIR VS NELSON : I thought Mir Vs Nelson was a great fight and much like Dos Santos vs Nelson as in Mir just beat on him for 3 rounds but he didnt just outstrike him he grapple****** him too .. Mir looked like a through well rounded mixed martial artist last night... RAMPAGE VS HAMMILL : I think Rampage did ok but he didnt get enough going offensively but his tdd was great and that could work wonders against Jones who I think he could beat even after that performance... STRUVE VS BROWNE : Holy **** what a knockout this jumped to 3rd in my knockout of the year after the 2 front kicks .. Wow Struve really has to work on not getting caught so much .. All of his losses in the ufc are by brutal first round knockout and he was nearly stopped by Morecraft in the first aswell ... ALVES VS STORY : Story done just enough to get the decision and it wasnt in great fashion or anything he couldnt take Alves down but Alves still had to be on the defensive the whole time .. Alves was just starting to get his rhythm when the fight ended .. 5 rounds Alves would of won for sure.

"I really feel like I'm the most dangerous guy out there" BJ Penn........... UFC on Fox 2 event winner :)

kallousklown
kallousklown
  • Predictions:  24,203  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  10,967
  • Post Score: 177

05.29.2011 | 6:50 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 10 Winners, 3 Perfect, 500 Points   |   Tied for 42nd with 20 others

@thiago, youre just biased towards mir. no way should a one sided affair be fight of the night. sure roy was tough but he didnt do much.

"Are we gonna jump, or we just gonna jerk each other off?"

thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794
  • Predictions:  5,113  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,315
  • Post Score: 142

05.29.2011 | 7:03 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 10 Winners, 3 Perfect, 375 Points   |   Tied for 248th

@Kallousklown... I dont care how one sided it was fight of the night is supposed to be the most entertaining fight on the card and Mir Vs Nelson was exactly that.. I found Mir vs Nelson to be much more entertaining than any other fight... If they werent gonna give the fight of the night to Mir vs Nelson surely next it would be Torres vs Johnson not Stann vs Santiago come on...

"I really feel like I'm the most dangerous guy out there" BJ Penn........... UFC on Fox 2 event winner :)

Krisjian
Krisjian
  • Predictions:  1,523  |  60.6%
  • Forum Posts:  12
  • Post Score: 192

05.29.2011 | 7:06 AM ET

Predictions: 5 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 275 Points   |   Tied for 517th

Damn.  Those were some poor picks on my behalf! 

"It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward!"

Page 13

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• UFC.com : Fight By Fight Preview | UFC Louisville
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 302 winner Niko Price: 'I don't plan on retiring until God takes my legs from me'
  • Bad Left Hook : Skye Nicolson title defense, more set for Ennis vs Crowley card
  • Bad Left Hook : Raymond Ford moving up in weight after featherweight title loss
  • MMA Junkie : Conor McGregor says UFC 303 press conference canceled 'due to a series of obstacles,' issues apology
  • UFC.com : Tony Ramos Sees UFC Gold Potential In Austin O’Connor | UFC FIGHT PASS
  • MMA Mania : McGregor Breaks Silence On Presser No Show
  • MMAFighting.com : Conor McGregor releases statement on last-minute UFC 303 press conference cancellation
  • MMA Junkie : Video: UFC 302 crowd brawl sends fan somersaulting down section after punch to face
  • UFC.com : The Bigger Picture | UFC 302
  • Middle Easy : Trash-Talking Fan at UFC 302 Gets Rocked and Launched Across Multiple Rows During Violent Brawl
  • MMA Junkie : Battery charge against UFC fighter Sedriques Dumas dismissed
  • MMA Junkie : Photos: Ailin Perez through the years
  • Middle Easy : Donald Trump Tells Khabib Nurmagomedov He’ll ‘Stop The War’ In Palestine During Epic Meeting At UFC 302
  • MMA Junkie : Valentina Shevchenko open to UFC 306 trilogy bout with Alexa Grasso at Sphere since it has 'nothing related to Mexican Independence Day'
  • MMAFighting.com : KSI turns down replacing Mike Tyson in July, insists on December clash with Jake Paul
  • MMA Mania : Adesanya Reacts To Strickland Erasing Costa
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 57: Make your predictions for Jared Cannonier vs. Nassourdine Imavov
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch The MMA Hour live now
  • Middle Easy : Coach Javier Mendez Wants Islam Makhachev To Beat Conor McGregor Up Following ‘Drama’ With Staph Infection