Topic: Melvin Guillard

Melvin Guillard leaves Blackzillians and rejoins Jacksons.

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,422  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,488
  • Post Score: 203

03.24.2013 | 8:10 PM ET

Good move! 

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

Melvin "The Young Assassin" Guillard

Photo Source:  

Fighter Details

• Given Name: Melvin Paul Guillard, Jr.
  • Pro MMA Record: 32-22-2, 3 NC (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: The Young Assassin
  • Current Streak: 9 Losses
  • Last Fight: October 18, 2019 in UCL
  • Weight Class: Welterweight | Last Weigh-In: 178.1 lbs
  • Affiliation: N/A
  • Height: 5'9" (176cm) | Reach: 71.0" (180cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $601,000 USD
  • Born: New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
  • Fighting out of: Denver, Colorado
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses Page 2

JCDubs36
JCDubs36
  • Predictions:  5,312  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  12
  • Post Score: 217

03.25.2013 | 5:12 PM ET

I like that this Jackson's camps doesn't business came out slightly after the original article from an unknown source, but nothings been official confirmed.

Bottomline: There is something to be said about loyalty... and not leaving charges pending in places you may want to go back to.

* Edited at 03.25.2013, 5:13 PM ET *

"A boxer is like a lion, the greatest predator on land. But you throw him in the shark tank and he’s just another meal."

ProdigyKid14
ProdigyKid14
  • Predictions:  8,848  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,902
  • Post Score: 195

03.25.2013 | 5:13 PM ET

AKA might do Melvin some good. I can't think of a lot of LW's that train there besides Thomson and Wilcox. Tons of wrestlers, and Dave Camarillo. And obviously, it could help his striking as well.

"I fight em all. Men, women, children, ******** people, it doesn't matter. If you hit me, we're gonna fight. -Charles Bennett"

AnthonyBrancato
AnthonyBrancato
  • Predictions:  9,856  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  642
  • Post Score: 58

03.28.2013 | 7:58 AM ET

Where Melvin ends up depends on why he left the Lackzilians and wanted to go back to Jackson's.

If he wanted to improve his cardio, then one of the other high-altitude camps would be the front-runner to get him - although Grudge would never take him due to their close ties to Jackson's, and Riven Academy might be turned off by, how shall we say, Melvin's "baggage."

So if this is the case, Melvin may end up at a relatively obscure camp, like Battle Born MMA in Reno, or maybe Undisputed Fitness in Santa Fe.

"MMA Fan Since Season 2 Of The Ultimate Fighter"

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! ‘King’ Of The Jungle?
  • MMA Mania : ‘Put That Whiskey Bottle Down!’ Usman Fires Back At McGregor
  • Middle Easy : Ben Askren Claims Conor McGregor’s ‘Jealous’ Of UFC Rival Khabib: ‘No Money Can Make Up For That’
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Would Be Upset!’ Topuria ‘Too Short’ To Headline Over O’Malley
  • MMA Junkie : USA TODAY Sports/MMA Junkie rankings, May 21: Patchy Mix, Lerone Murphy move up
  • MMA Junkie : Anthony Smith: Islam Makhachev vs. Dustin Poirier 'much closer than a lot of people are giving it credit for'
  • MMA Mania : MMA Prospect Watch: Meet ‘The Punjabi Prince’
  • Middle Easy : Conor McGregor is ‘Cold in the Soul’ for Michael Chandler, Plans to Fight Three Times in 2024
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Curtis Blaydes On Tom Aspinall, Alex Pereira, Was Ciryl Gane A Go For UFC 304?
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Vegas 93 card official with 13 bouts
  • Bad Left Hook : PODCAST: Usyk is undisputed, Taylor vs Catterall 2, Canelo’s next fight
  • MMA Junkie : Belal Muhammad explains why he doesn't like 'piece of trash' Sean Strickland
  • MMA Mania : ‘Piece Of Trash’ Strickland Is ‘All Talk’
  • Middle Easy : Dustin Poirier Ready to Knock Islam Makhachev Unconscious at UFC 302: ‘The Ref’s Going to Be Pulling Me Off Him’
  • Middle Easy : Husband and Coach of UFC Fighter Hailey Cowan Arrested, Accused of Sexually Assaulting Minor ‘Hundreds of Times’
  • MMA Junkie : Tom Aspinall says next fight after Curtis Blaydes has to be for undisputed belt: 'I'll wait it out if I have to'
  • MMAFighting.com : Dustin Poirier makes bold prediction for Islam Makhachev fight at UFC 302
  • MMA Mania : McGregor Labels ‘Little R—ard’ Topuria ‘A Non-Champion’
  • MMAFighting.com : Anderson Silva opens as huge favorite over Chael Sonnen in July boxing match
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘He put you in position’: Vergil Hunter explains why Spence should pay former trainer his worth