Topic: UFC Spring 2013

UFC Spring 2013 Competition - $500 Prize

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,564
  • Post Score: 275

03.17.2013 | 10:25 PM ET

The next season's UFC competition is here.

The UFC seasonal competitions are perhaps the most difficult to win. Information is abundant on almost every fight: betting odds, fight video and more will level the playing field. The winners will need to out-wit and out-analyze the rest of the website. 

While few members are criminally insane enough to pick hundreds of regional fights in a single weekend, there are vast numbers willing to come on and throw down on some UFC picks.

Will it be a black belt to bring home the big prize, or an unknown orange belt who's been anonymous to this point but knows how to crush it on Zuffa cards? Only time will tell. 

Reigning UFC competition champions:
- Spring 2012: tarzan
- Summer 2012: Kalibo
- Autumn 2012: chadderall
- Winter 2013: michaelsilva

In addition to the Tapology points being handed out, you may notice a little something extra, ladies and gentlemen:
$500 cold, hard cash to the competition winner.

Pick well and good luck.

* Edited at 03.17.2013, 10:26 PM ET *

"I live, I die, I live again."

Responses Page 8

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,515  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

06.15.2013 | 12:24 PM ET

@Ronwah, thanks for the heads up, I might just pull a Traeblack on your ass and piggybank into contention :)

* Edited at 06.15.2013, 12:24 PM ET *

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

Gregory
Gregory

06.15.2013 | 7:28 PM ET

Reminder, on tiebreak rules:
http://www.tapology.com/contests/9

In the event that two or more eligible contestants reach a tie for the Grand Prize, the Grand Prize winner will be determined according to the following tie-breaking system: the contestant with the highest number of total correct fight winner predictions across all events in the contest will be declared the winner. In the event of a remaining tie, the contestant with the highest single-event point total for the last event to take place by calendar date will be declared the winner. In the event of a remaining tie, the contestant with the highest single-event point total for the second-to-last event to take place by calendar date will be declared the winner. In the event of a remaining tie, single-event point totals will continue being matched head-to-head for each remaining card, in order of latest calendar date to oldest, until a contest winner is determined. In the event of a remaining tie, the Grand Prize will be split equally among each remaining winner.

psychicdeath
psychicdeath
  • Predictions:  38,309  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,198
  • Post Score: 261

06.16.2013 | 12:37 AM ET

Well, my picks were pretty awful tonight.  Congratulations to the winner.

"I shall not cause harm to any vehicle nor the personal contents thereof, nor through inaction let that vehicle or the personal contents thereof come to harm. It's what I call the Repo Code, kid. "

sreimuth
sreimuth
  • Predictions:  79,343  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  4,245
  • Post Score: 262

06.16.2013 | 12:40 AM ET

There's always next time, I guess.

"Under my tutelage, you will grow from boys to men. From men into gladiators. And from gladiators into Swansons.- Ron Swanson https://www.instagram.com/seanreimuth/ Follow me."

Gregory
Gregory

06.16.2013 | 12:42 AM ET

And the winner is....

Rahito!

The leaderboard was all over the place in the final event, but Rahito was slow and steady picking up decision perfects en route to the 25 point victory over Devious.

Big time congrats, and we'll be getting in touch with you to deliver the prize!

As for everyone else on the leaderboard:  well done.  Not easy to consistently do well on UFC cards and you're better than the majority of us.

Also, do not despair, another $500 prize is coming right up with the UFC Summer 2013 Contest.

Thanks for playing.

dielegende23
dielegende23
  • Predictions:  20,939  |  71.6%
  • Forum Posts:  7,907
  • Post Score: 268

06.16.2013 | 12:46 AM ET

Congrats Rahito damn good picks!

" I feel like Davy Crockett on the walls of the Alamo, swinging Old Betsy as the enemy swarmed in with bayonets. Sheesh. Listen you young punks....." - Bill Burgess

Lopati
Lopati
  • Predictions:  18,574  |  61.4%
  • Forum Posts:  13,352
  • Post Score: 179

06.16.2013 | 12:50 AM ET

Congratulations Rahito very nice accomplishment.

I am stoked to have wrapped up the Spring Comp with back to back top 10 finishes.  Also picked the UFC at 66.666667% over this contest, which includes two duds where I picked at 50%.  consistency dammit consistency.

"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it." Jose Ortega y Gasset

Derp
Derp
  • Predictions:  3,270  |  60.7%
  • Forum Posts:  447
  • Post Score: 216

06.16.2013 | 12:54 AM ET

Congrats to Rahito. Did really poorly tonight, but managed to end this thing in 12th. Not bad at all.

Page 8

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : Craig Jones Announces Brand New 3 Million Dollar BJJ Tournament
  • UFC.com : UFC Welcomes Anker As Its Official Charging Partner In The Middle East And Africa
  • Jits Magazine : Mo Jassim Announces Women’s Absolute Division For ADCC 2024
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Miserable, Mean, And We Can’t Stand Her
  • MMA Mania : PFL Salt Lake City Fight Card Revealed!
  • MMA Junkie : Bogdan Guskov proud to be first Uzbekistan fighter to enter UFC rankings: 'This is my history'
  • Middle Easy : Joe Rogan Sides with Jamahal Hill in UFC 300 KO Controversy: ‘He’s Got a Point Here’
  • MMA Junkie : Victor Henry quotes Kim Kardashian after UFC on ESPN 55 bounce back from groin-shot no contest
  • MMA Mania : ‘PFL Is Not Making A Lot Of Money’
  • MMA Mania : ‘He Literally Is Always In Trouble’
  • MMAFighting.com : Beneil Dariush announced as 2024 Forrest Griffin Community Award recipient
  • UFC.com : Five Caio Borralho Fights To Watch Before UFC 301: Pantoja vs Erceg
  • Middle Easy : Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson Will Be Sanctioned as a Professional Boxing Match
  • MMA Junkie : Tatiana Suarez confident she could impose her will against Zhang Weili: 'My grappling is very, very good'
  • MMAFighting.com : ‘UFC 301 countdown’ video
  • MMA Mania : Sorry, Bobby! ‘Baddy’ Vs. Moicano ‘Would Be Very, Very Funny’
  • UFC.com : Main Event Spotlight | UFC 301: Pantoja vs Erceg
  • MMAFighting.com : Anthony Hernandez out of UFC 302 fight with Roman Dolidze
  • Middle Easy : Francis Ngannou Shares Heartbreaking Message Following the Tragic Death of His 15-Month-Old Son
  • Middle Easy : Francis Ngannou Shares Heartbreaking Message Following the Tragic Death of His 18-Month-Old Son