Tapology Forums

Cut Frankie Edgar

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

StealingFire
StealingFire
  • Predictions:  171  |  65.5%
  • Forum Posts:  921
  • Post Score: 155

02.03.2013 | 3:16 AM ET

Seriously people, this is the best chance to get rid of this guy. He said it himself, "We're all 3 losses from being out of it." Well, game over. You know he's just going to whine and ask for another rematch anyway. Why not kick him to the curb while the opportunity is there? I mean, when is this chump going to realize that he's a poor excuse for a flyweight? I need an answer.

"Prepare for an eternity of me kicking your ass. -Hank Hill"

Responses Page 3

TheTnuggs
TheTnuggs
  • Predictions:  2,963  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  667
  • Post Score: 197

02.03.2013 | 12:31 PM ET

Fine, give Overeem Roy Nelson, and when Big Country Knocks him the **** out cut him 

"As swift as wind, as silent as forest, as fierce as fire, as unshakeable as mountain"

Swickotine
Swickotine
  • Predictions:  18,186  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  11,851
  • Post Score: 223

02.03.2013 | 12:50 PM ET

'Shut Up' - the only appropriate answer for this thread.

"I'm bi-polar...nice jab, mean hook."

StealingFire
StealingFire

02.03.2013 | 9:33 PM ET

Wow. 

So which is it? Do people only read the title or is sarcasm just impossible to convey through the written word? Anyway, allow me to clear the air a bit.

1. I will never view that fight as a loss for Edgar.
2. Edgar is forever the fighter who secured my interest in this sport and I owe him immensely for my recent successes in life.
3. I would never have made the post if I didn't feel *with all my heart* that getting cut would be the best thing for Edgar at this point. (I will make a thread to elaborate)

Having said these things, here are my votes:

Upvoted:

Gramz
Wolf (just because I like your zeal, although that Chandler fight...)
MikeLovesTacos (for giving Edgar a fair shake)
dielegende23 (for giving me the benefit of the doubt despite missing the sarcasm)
Gregory (for surprising us, and because I agree)
onepunch (for daring to say it, and because I agree)

Downvoted:

edu94
CthulhuJones (3rd reply)
Unpunished15 (for that weird Anne Frank stuff)
ProdigyKid14

A perpetual goal of mine has been to get Frankie Edgar--who has always been my favorite fighter and the ultimate underdog--more props. With this thread, I finally succeeded. The funny thing is, if my bitter sarcasm had shone through, I probably would have failed. 

Anyway, thanks for participating in one of my most successful threads ever--and you're welcome for the upvotes (not talking about the ones I gave out).

* Edited at 02.03.2013, 11:00 PM ET *

StealingFire
StealingFire

02.04.2013 | 2:09 AM ET

I can sort of see it now, especially since a lot of you didn't know of my admiration for Edgar. And maybe a lot of posters were expecting an (actual) Edgar-hater to rear their head. But this post should have been the giveaway: 

"We should also fire those two judges that scored it 49-46. They must clearly be blind if they thought Edgar deserved a round." 
-SF

I understand that we don't all have time to read every post in a thread, so I'm only calling out the 15 people who did read it--but not closely enough--and downvoted me. (I'm very sensitive about getting downvotes)

* Edited at 02.04.2013, 2:10 AM ET *

MadMikeXD
MadMikeXD

02.04.2013 | 2:16 AM ET

Maybe Edgar is a poor excuse for a flyweight...

But that's only because he could never make 125.
pac336
pac336
  • Predictions:  3,164  |  60.7%
  • Forum Posts:  170
  • Post Score: 179

02.04.2013 | 2:51 AM ET

This thread is completely pointless!!! Why send Edgar to fight lower competition in other organizations. That is the dumbest statement I have ever heard. He is a great fighter despite his point fighting at times. He knocked out Maynard, beat Penn at Penn's natural weight class, and had two great fights with the best light weight fighter in the world. Who cares if he lost to Aldo? Aldo is a beast!!! I have never been a Frankie fan either but I am a fight fan and that man can fight and he puts his heart on display every time he fights. He belongs in the UFC until the fight leaves him.

"I like to party!!!"

Yaspaa
Yaspaa
  • Predictions:  173  |  73.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,422
  • Post Score: 151

02.04.2013 | 6:23 AM ET

Congrats, dumbest thread ever. He's not a flyweight either.

* Edited at 02.04.2013, 6:28 AM ET *

"I Get Better."

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

02.04.2013 | 8:52 PM ET

Read his ******* comments explaining himself, by god.

I thought Aldo clearly won the fight, it reaaaaaally wasn't close. Joe Rogan rides Edgar's **** WAY TOO HARD, his bias in that fight was remarkable. How he could give 3 and 5 to Edgar I do not ******* know, Aldo was dominant.

"الله أكبرl"

Page 3

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Michael Chiesa says Tony Ferguson fight makes sense: 'It's not like they threw him to the wolves'
  • MMA Mania : Blaydes Has A ‘Slight’ Problem With UFC 304
  • MMA Junkie : Daniel Cormier: I don't know that we'll ever see anybody more dominant than Khabib Nurmagomedov
  • Middle Easy : Tank Abbott Blames ‘Crooked’ Ex-Referee ‘Big’ John McCarthy for Getting Him Kicked Out of the UFC
  • MMA Mania : Latest UFC Denver Fight Card, ESPN Lineup
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch Alex Pereira take on UFC heavyweight Tai Tuivasa in sparring
  • MMA Junkie : Extra expenses not ideal, but Garrett Armfield makes case for early UFC fights overseas
  • Jits Magazine : Craig Jones Opens Fire On Nicholas Meregali For Allegedly Having A Teenage Girlfriend
  • MMA Junkie : Photos: ONE 167 ceremonial weigh-ins and fighter faceoffs
  • MMAFighting.com : Ex-Bellator prospect Valerie Loureda has become her ‘true self’ as WWE’s Lola Vice
  • MMA Junkie : Dana White: Nobody wants to see Mike Tyson get beat by 'f*cking jerk-off' Jake Paul
  • Middle Easy : Jake Paul Announces New Date for Anticipated Boxing Clash with ‘Iron’ Mike Tyson
  • MMA Mania : UFC Louisville: ‘Cannonier Vs Imavov’ Predictions
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Watch Friday's PFL Europe 2 ceremonial weigh-ins live on MMA Junkie at 1 p.m. ET
  • MMA Mania : Bookies Reopen, Adjust Paul-Tyson Odds
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 PFL MENA 2 lineup announced
  • MMAFighting.com : Heck of a Morning: McGregor vs. Chandler optimism, Mike Tyson vs. Jake Paul back on
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 57 video: Jared Cannonier, Nassourdine Imavov get face to face for main event
  • MMA Mania : Face Off! Cannonier Stares Down Imavov In Louisville!
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘It could be a good idea’: Arum reacts to notion of Top Rank vs Golden Boy card