Topic: Carwin vs. dos Santos

Carwin vs. Dos Santos Predictions

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,793  |  73.9%
  • Forum Posts:  17,652
  • Post Score: 60

05.12.2011 | 11:29 PM ET

Prediction: correct dos Santos   correct Decision  

This is the official prediction commentary thread for Carwin vs. Dos Santos. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 9

bispingthebest
bispingthebest
  • Predictions:  1,055  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  185
  • Post Score: 17

06.10.2011 | 4:43 PM ET

junior knows his power is not as good as carwin in fact i believe that knowbodys is look for jds to stay on the outside and use his boxing

"Win,Lose or Tie NICK DIAZ till I die"

Heroak
Heroak
  • Predictions:  2,369  |  61.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,182
  • Post Score: 154

06.10.2011 | 5:50 PM ET

Prediction: correct dos Santos   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

if gonzaga can rock carwin then I am pretty sure dos santos can ko him. His standup is so much better than carwins and he might even be able to finish it in the first. I would, however, like to see dos santos bullied, pressured, and put on his back to see how he responds. Can he take a punch in the clinch that mir couldn't? Can he survive his gnp like Brock shouldn't have? I hope we get those questions answered.

"Tell her I'm rich, and I'm good looking, and I have, uh, a ******'s wit."

Yaspaa
Yaspaa
  • Predictions:  173  |  73.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,422
  • Post Score: 151

06.10.2011 | 6:54 PM ET

Carwin at 254lbs, the guy used to cut to 265, it's a good sign for his cardio

"I Get Better."

Yaspaa
Yaspaa
  • Predictions:  173  |  73.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,422
  • Post Score: 151

06.10.2011 | 6:57 PM ET

Carwin was wearing his usual high heel sneaker with JdS who was in a wide barefoot stance at the weigh ins, Carwin's not 6'2. I wish they would get correct stats, for some reason it really fracking annoys me.

"I Get Better."

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

06.10.2011 | 7:51 PM ET

Prediction: correct dos Santos   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

@Yaspaa: Nothing annoys me more than inaccurate fighter records that are displayed as fighters are announced by Bruce Buffer. It's gotten better, but there's really no need for Wikipedia to have better fighter record-keeping than the UFC. 

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

gspisoverrated
gspisoverrated
  • Predictions:  331  |  56.5%
  • Forum Posts:  169
  • Post Score: 29

06.10.2011 | 8:01 PM ET

Prediction: correct dos Santos   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

Dos Santos by front kick knockout. Goddamn you Steven Seagal!

"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times. "

CashBrewyn
CashBrewyn
  • Predictions:  21,572  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  4,045
  • Post Score: 212

06.10.2011 | 8:03 PM ET

@GSP lol what are the odds of that actually happening? If it does i'll watch every Seagal movie in succession

"My hearts pumpin' the blood of Royce Gracie My thoughts dumpin' the slug and point straightly"

gspisoverrated
gspisoverrated

06.10.2011 | 8:09 PM ET

If it happens Seagal will open up gyms all across america.

"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times. "

themysticalninja
themysticalninja
  • Predictions:  1,219  |  59.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,725
  • Post Score: 123

06.10.2011 | 8:42 PM ET

If either one wins by a jumping crane kick or a front kick, then Cain Valesquez should be stripped of the title and instead the person who did the kick is awarded the title :D

"Go get some Donald CER-ROE-NAY!" - Greg Jackson

gspisoverrated
gspisoverrated

06.10.2011 | 8:49 PM ET

@ninja Seagal should get the title.

themysticalninja
themysticalninja

06.10.2011 | 9:02 PM ET

He would get the new UFC title for the "Baddest man on the planet" weight diversion. Joe Warren thinks he should be #1 contender for the title

DV8ed Septum
DV8ed Septum
  • Predictions:  1,328  |  57.8%
  • Forum Posts:  559
  • Post Score: 142

06.10.2011 | 9:22 PM ET

"Carwin's new diet has him very lean"- Joe Rogan
Haha almost pissed my pants I laughed so hard! He's lean because he got popped for roids and has to go natural now. He'd be outclassed even if he still cut weight to make 265. JDS is a real martial artist, he has skills that go beyond his size and strength. I don't feel that way about Carwin.  JDS will dominate and then we'll get to see the real treat : Cain vs JDS. P.S - after giving in to picking every fight on the last few cards, my percentage has fallen like %15, i'm done with that ****. Put an asteric next to my pick% if you must  but I think its stupid and pointless to guess on random fights= doesn't really reflect anything besides a guess at that point.

"Grrr."

jaffacakehero
jaffacakehero
  • Predictions:  5,066  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,396
  • Post Score: 240

06.10.2011 | 9:42 PM ET

@dv8ed steroid allegations get you nowhere buddy so be nice :)

also,random guesses? all predictions are really educated guesses based on your opinion and information about each fighter.nobody truely knows what the outcome of a fight will be.

"If you're matched up against me, you better be prepared to give your life...because I am prepared to take it. - Conor McGregor"

themysticalninja
themysticalninja

06.10.2011 | 9:42 PM ET

That was five years ago the steroid scandal your talking about. Since then there has been no proof, if any eviedence, that Carwin had continued to take steriods since then. The major reason he's lost a fair amount of weight is due to the surgery he had. True he has dodged the question about it but right now it is unfair to say "lol your mass was due to steriods" until the issue is raised again due to new evidence.

DelRose
DelRose

06.10.2011 | 9:47 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Carwin   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

I wouldn't be surprised if this fight went to decision. I still got carwin via KO.

"That hole is tighter than a nuns nasty"

jaffacakehero
jaffacakehero
  • Predictions:  5,066  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,396
  • Post Score: 240

06.10.2011 | 9:52 PM ET

@delrose me neither tbh.......i mean someone could break their hand and it could be turned into a ground war,they could have too much respect for eachothers stand up...but i doubt any of that will happen,it'll most likely be a WAR! 

"If you're matched up against me, you better be prepared to give your life...because I am prepared to take it. - Conor McGregor"

themysticalninja
themysticalninja

06.10.2011 | 9:54 PM ET

I don't think they will have too much respect. I have this feeling that each fighter feels he will be the one to land the most powerful shot to end the fight but at the same time feels they can take what is given and has prepared a contigency plan.

Feeling out process lasts for one minute, then it's all hell from there :D

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

06.11.2011 | 12:47 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Carwin   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

carwin looked good at the weigh in. i think he will connect with a devastating blow in the late first round. it will be like the gonzaga fight. jds will stun him but carwin lands the power shot.
Jono
Jono
  • Predictions:  2,901  |  67.9%
  • Forum Posts:  417
  • Post Score: 54

06.11.2011 | 2:31 AM ET

If this was a lightweight fight, even welter, I would go with the better wrestler. At heavyweight the chances of the striker landing a KO or a less than a NCAA All-American gassing out increases drastically.
mattheyj
mattheyj
  • Predictions:  12  |  58.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: 100

06.11.2011 | 3:01 AM ET

comment !!!

Page 9

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Michael Bisping Says Dustin Poirier’s ‘Insane’ UFC Resume ‘Smokes’ Islam Makhachev’s
  • Bad Left Hook : Mark Magsayo vs Eduardo Ramirez joins Davis vs Martin on June 15th
  • Bad Left Hook : Magsayo vs Ramirez joins Davis vs Martin on June 15
  • MMAFighting.com : Heck of a Morning: Reaction to Ian Machado Garry vs. MVP booking, countdown to UFC 302
  • Bad Left Hook : Catterall’s revenge, Okolie’s bridgerweight move, and Matchroom vs Queensberry
  • Middle Easy : Islam Makhachev Urges Dustin Poirier To Keep Fighting Even If He Loses At UFC 302
  • MMA Mania : ‘We’re In’
  • MMA Junkie : Jorge Masvidal: Conor McGregor came back because USADA is gone, 'was clearly on some sh*t'
  • Bad Left Hook : Canelo and Scull head to June 6 purse bid
  • Middle Easy : Sean O’Malley Predicts Dustin Poirier Will ‘Guillotines’ Islam Makhachev In Round 2; Jorge Masvidal Backs ‘The Diamond’ To Win At UFC 302
  • MMA Junkie : Alex Pereira training partner Yousri Belgaroui gets second shot at UFC through DWCS
  • MMA Mania : Gaethje Posts First Training Footage Following ‘Blessed’ Beatdown
  • MMAFighting.com : Jon Anik: ‘I don’t think this will be the final walk’ for Dustin Poirier at UFC 302
  • MMA Junkie : The Pressure List: Which five UFC 302 fighters are under most duress?
  • MMAFighting.com : Matt Brown says Ronda Rousey has no one to blame but herself for how she’s treated: ‘Show a little bit of f*cking humility’
  • MMA Mania : Almeida Vs. Romanov Betting Odds, Prediction
  • MMA Junkie : Charles Oliveira doesn't see Dustin Poirier or Arman Tsarukyan dethroning UFC champ Islam Makhachev
  • MMA Mania : Bisping Brushes Off Mac Pub Party: ‘He’ll Be Fine’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC lightweight title history: Jens Pulver, Islam Makhachev, Khabib, Conor and more
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Michael Bisping believes ‘Dustin Poirier’s record smokes Islam Makhachev’s’