Topic: Condit vs. MacDonald II

Condit vs. MacDonald II

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,816  |  73.9%
  • Forum Posts:  17,668
  • Post Score: 60

12.12.2012 | 4:40 PM ET

This is the official discussion thread for Condit vs. MacDonald II. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses

psysico
psysico
  • Predictions:  16,705  |  62.1%
  • Forum Posts:  149
  • Post Score: 56

12.12.2012 | 4:40 PM ET

Prediction: MacDonald  |  KO/TKO  |  Round 1

rory ****** him up the first time hes upset about the loss an angry rory mac will ko him by the end of round 1
EliteClubFighter
EliteClubFighter
  • Predictions:  288  |  68.4%
  • Forum Posts:  611
  • Post Score: -135

12.12.2012 | 4:46 PM ET

Scared for condit
JudoRandori
JudoRandori

12.12.2012 | 4:55 PM ET

Prediction: Condit  |  Decision

Condit won round one, Rory got round two, Condit sealed the deal on a beautiful beat down in round three. Sequal to Goonies, woot, woot!

* Edited at 12.12.2012, 4:56 PM ET *

Mayhem14
Mayhem14
  • Predictions:  778  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  270
  • Post Score: 77

12.12.2012 | 5:43 PM ET

Prediction: MacDonald  |  Decision

Rory ftw. He outpointed Condit for 2.95 rounds before getting caught with a freak punch at the end of the fight. Rory can and will win this fight. He's gonna test the waters striking before taking him down and pounding him. Rory UD 30-27 across the board

"I don't believe in an eye for an eye, I believe in two eyes for an eye." -Bas Rutten

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,449  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,488
  • Post Score: 203

12.12.2012 | 5:50 PM ET

Prediction: Condit  |  KO/TKO  |  Round 3

LOL Rory knocking out 1 of the toughest dudes on planet earth in the first round .LOLOLOL 

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD

12.12.2012 | 5:52 PM ET

Also, if I remember correctly the judges had the fight scored R1- Condit R2- Rory. And that R3 was dominated by Condit, so even without the finish it still would have been Condits fight. And alot of people say that stoppage was ******** ... watch the fight. When the ref pulled Condit off you can see Rory wasn't really aware of what was happening. And he even stated afterwards that the stoppage was a just one. 

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

12.12.2012 | 6:04 PM ET

Justifying the Rory/Condit stoppage is absurd and idiotic. Ya Rory was getting beat up but Condit was in his full guard ffs. If you think that fight should have been stopped then you should not be allowed to watch MMA. The only people that could justify that stoppage are idiots, biased Condit fans, biased Rory haters or both.

@Mayhem14 Don't talk about the fight if you didn't watch it. It's very obvious that you didn't watch the fight just by reading your comment. Refrain from making yourself look even more stupid, it makes me feel embarrassed for you.

"الله أكبرl"

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD

12.12.2012 | 6:10 PM ET

No, YOU should stop watching MMA in that case. Position has nothing to do with it, time has nothing to do with it. Rory was getting beat up, it is the refs job to stop the fight if a fighter is taking unnecessary punishment without doing a damn thing about it. That is exactly what happened, therefore it was a just stoppage. 

amp112
amp112
  • Predictions:  37,156  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  5,588
  • Post Score: 208

12.12.2012 | 6:15 PM ET

Condit's definitely gotten better. The reason the first fight went how it did was because Condit made so many stupid mistakes that Rory took advantage of. Condit doesn't make those again. Wins by decision.
zarog
zarog
  • Predictions:  2,855  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  4,174
  • Post Score: 241

12.12.2012 | 6:48 PM ET

I really hate that this is in Canada. I already know Condit can't get a fair shake with the judges based on the last fight. I remember the judges scores being released for the first 2 rounds and the judges had Condit down 20-18. Other than Rory's takedowns in the first (he had 3 in the first, then never managed another, although Condit pulled guard in the 2nd round), Condit beat him in every way imaginable. He out landed Rory in total strikes, in significant strikes, and came much closer to finishing the fight. But, even if they're in Canada, I would be cool with it, under the condition that it was a 5 rounder. Rory doesn't have a gas tank and I think it's time to test that aspect of his game for real. But alas, the UFC believes Rory is the next GSP, so they're trying to give him a matchup he wants in the most winnable way for Rory. 

Having all that said, I seriously hope Condit puts a beating on Rory for calling him out, then adding the caveat that it was to be in Canada. To me, that's such a ***** move to call out an opponent and then expect them to heed to your every demand. Anyway, that's my little tangent. WAR CONDIT!

"Surrender??!! You think this letter on my head stands for France?" - Captain America

CONDIT729
CONDIT729
  • Predictions:  4,116  |  57.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,500
  • Post Score: 165

12.12.2012 | 6:59 PM ET

I laugh at the dude who said Rory ****** Condit up man that makes me laugh Condit is about to beat Rory's ass...again.

* Edited at 12.12.2012, 6:59 PM ET *

"I'm coming in your backyard and I'm gonna **** you up" -Carlos Condit

fungi
fungi
  • Predictions:  2,267  |  54.8%
  • Forum Posts:  110
  • Post Score: 444

12.12.2012 | 7:11 PM ET

"zero sum game. some lose, some gain."

Mayhem14
Mayhem14

12.12.2012 | 9:25 PM ET

Do you guys seriously think that Rory hasn't improved just a bit? Not to mention that he has GSP in his training camp which will help him prepare even further

"I don't believe in an eye for an eye, I believe in two eyes for an eye." -Bas Rutten

Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle
  • Predictions:  22,482  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  11,857
  • Post Score: 236

12.12.2012 | 9:26 PM ET

Im a fan of both guys, the first fight was good. I expect Rory to take the big step up and win

"She be curvin all the locals, must like foreigns and this is when I had the Martin, I was just like Lawrence so wassup"

Mayhem14
Mayhem14

12.12.2012 | 9:27 PM ET

@Anik that's right, I didn't. I'm pretty new to MMA. but I'm not some blockhead off the side of the street who watches MMA and says "Huh huh huh he got punched in the head by the other guy." maybe I haven't seen enough of the fight to judge. What I have seen, and what play by plays ive read, Rory was winning

EliteClubFighter
EliteClubFighter
  • Predictions:  288  |  68.4%
  • Forum Posts:  611
  • Post Score: -135

12.12.2012 | 9:31 PM ET

I expect rory to win... again.
SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  32,055  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13,504
  • Post Score: 186

12.12.2012 | 9:35 PM ET

Prediction: Condit  |  KO/TKO  |  Round 2

Weird i was just looking at Condits record and no where does it say he lost to Rory 

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

12.12.2012 | 9:44 PM ET

@MikeLovesTacos XD I've already said this before but I'll say it again. If Rory/Condit deserved to end in round 3, Hendo/Rua should've ended in round 1, round 3 and round 5, GSP/Condit should've ended in round 3, Anderson/Chael should've ended in round 4, Maynard/Edgar 2 and Maynard Edgar 3 should've both ended in the 1st, Jon Fitch/BJ Penn should've ended in the 3rd, etc.

If you think Rory/Condit was a justifiable stoppage, then it should change your outlook on stoppages in a bunch of other fights. Criteria should not change depending on the fighter.

Rory was even wrapping Condit's arms while Condit was in his half guard before the ref stopped the fight. Rory WAS doing something about it, even if it was just instinct. There was 7 seconds left, Condit was camping in Rory's guard, there was no way that fight should have been stopped. If that was a justifiable stoppage, there should be so many other stoppages in other fights that didn't occur. If that was a justifiable stoppage, Jon Fitch should have at least 6 KO victories in the UFC ffs.

Ridiculous how MMA fans flip-flop like idiots. It's like the Montreal Canadiens fanbase, only for everyone and it's ******* annoying.

@Mayhem14 I agree, Rory was winning. But your comment describing the fight made you sound like a total blockhead off the side of the street.

"He outpointed Condit for 2.95 rounds"

Outpointed Condit for round 2, round 1 was close but I gave it to Rory and round 3 was domination for Condit.

"before getting caught with a freak punch at the end of the fight."

Watch the stoppage, it comes close to 24:10.

Everyone else, watch that stoppage too. And pay close attention, not only to Rory's reactions but the position of the fight and the arm action. Rory may have been out in his head (which happens to every fighter in a fight where they've been losing) but his instincts were allowing him to relatively defend Condit's pitter-patter ground n' pound. The ref stopped it while Rory had double underhooks for ****'s sake.

EVEN AFTER YOU'VE WATCHED THAT and you STILL think it was a correct stoppage, there is no hope for you.

"الله أكبرl"

ProdigyKid14
ProdigyKid14
  • Predictions:  8,848  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,902
  • Post Score: 195

12.12.2012 | 9:55 PM ET

Seriously, can we drop the whole thing about the first fight? That's in the past, and no arguing is going to change what happened. Both guys have improved, and this will mean a lot more than their first one. I'm excited for it. I've wound down from hating on Rory, I just find it amusing how he seems so lifeless all the time. With that being said, WAR CONDIT!

"I fight em all. Men, women, children, ******** people, it doesn't matter. If you hit me, we're gonna fight. -Charles Bennett"

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD

12.12.2012 | 9:56 PM ET

Why do you need to put everyone down based off opinions? Ecspecially when YOU are the wrong one?! 

-Condit was beating Rory up.

-Rory wasn't fight back.

-Ref stopped it.

-Rory stayed on the ground and was still dazed.

-Rory STATED himself in the post fight interview that it was a just stoppage and that he was kicking ass.

YOU . ARE . WRONG

If the fighter who ******* lost said the stoppage was just .... then it was a GOOD stoppage. Your opinion literally means nothing when the fighter on the receiving end didn't even ***** about it. 

It has absolutely nothing to do with fights that SHOULD have been stopped, all the fights you mentioned could have easily been stopped without complaints from people. But they didn't its the refs call. 

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : MMA Pound-for-Pound Rankings: Who will dethrone Islam Makhachev?
  • MMA Junkie : Matchup Roundup: New UFC, PFL, Bellator fights announced in the past week (May 27-June 2)
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘He’s not the fighter that he was’: Eddie Hearn reacts to Deontay Wilder’s latest stoppage loss
  • MMA Mania : Everyone Is Mad At Mikey
  • Bad Left Hook : Daniel Dubois makes a statement, Deontay Wilder hits the wall: Boxing rankings for June 3, 2024
  • MMA Junkie : Paulo Costa vows 'to take heads off' after UFC 302 loss: 'F*ck points or conserving energy'
  • MMA Mania : Up Next! Cannonier Battles Imavov In Louisville!
  • MMA Mania : Volkanovski Wants To Dance With Poirier
  • MMAFighting.com : The MMA Hour with Demetrious Johnson, Eddie Alvarez, Randy Brown, Ailin Perez and more at 1 p.m. ET
  • MMA Mania : White On McGregor Partying: ‘I Don’t Know What’s Real’
  • MMA Junkie : Dana White blasts judge who scored UFC 302 fight for Paulo Costa: 'It was f*cking nuts'
  • MMA Mania : Fight ‘In Jeopardy?’ Fans React To Canceled McGregor Presser
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Coach likes Conor McGregor fight for Islam Makhachev: ‘I want to see him get beat by Islam’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 57: How to watch Jared Cannonier vs. Nassourdine Imavov, start time, Louisville fight card, odds, more
  • Jits Magazine : EBI 21: The Absolutes Full Results And Review
  • Jits Magazine : IBJJF World Championship 2024 Full Results And Review
  • Jits Magazine : Adam Wardzinski Becomes First European Male IBJJF World Champion
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 303: McGregor vs. Chandler Dublin press conference postponed
  • MMA Mania : BREAKING: McGregor vs. Chandler Kickoff Presser Postponed!
  • MMA Mania : Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler Press Conference Postponed!