Topic: Belfort vs. Bisping

Belfort vs. Bisping

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,673  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,584
  • Post Score: 60

11.30.2012 | 2:44 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Bisping   wrong Decision  

This is the official discussion thread for Belfort vs. Bisping. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 4

MattERodgers544
MattERodgers544
  • Predictions:  843  |  65.4%
  • Forum Posts:  191
  • Post Score: 189

01.06.2013 | 5:23 PM ET

Prediction: correct Belfort   correct KO/TKO   correct Round 2  

WAR VITOR but even if Bisping does win I don't think he stands a chance in hell at beating Anderson.

"Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck"

kibj411
kibj411

01.06.2013 | 6:33 PM ET

I think Bisping has this one. He needs to stay on the outside and picks him apart while mixing in takedowns when Vitor goes to rush him. He'll have to be careful though... Belfort is still very dangerous.
Mybbygotsauz
Mybbygotsauz
  • Predictions:  1,612  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  745
  • Post Score: 131

01.06.2013 | 6:44 PM ET

a couple years ago i would say vitor all day 
but now that ive seen bisping fight similar powerful strikers like brian stann and have success i believe that he can get this win, however
Vitor is a bit of a different case than stann and i think he will TKO bisping. 

"knocked out three midgets and ya pumped up"

sreimuth
sreimuth
  • Predictions:  79,494  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  4,245
  • Post Score: 262

01.06.2013 | 6:49 PM ET

Prediction: correct Belfort   correct KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

@Mybbygotsauz- But their is a huge difference between Stann and Belfort. Belfort has way better grappling. Also has faster hands and better timing with his strikes. I like Belfort in this match, because I think Vitor is more talented and Bisping is running his mouth off to much. 

"Under my tutelage, you will grow from boys to men. From men into gladiators. And from gladiators into Swansons.- Ron Swanson https://www.instagram.com/seanreimuth/ Follow me."

TraeBlack
TraeBlack
  • Predictions:  20,845  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  8,700
  • Post Score: 173

01.06.2013 | 7:21 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Bisping   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 4  

This is gonna be ****ping's coming out party. When he wins, he is gonna make a post fight speak that will rattle the cages. Then he will get knocked out in the 1st by the P4P King

"3HUNNA"

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,528  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

01.07.2013 | 6:09 AM ET

@p4pgoat

"What is Bisping better at then Vitor?"

Things that Bisping is better at than Vitor: Cardio, footwork, wrestling, overall striking (angles, precision, kicks and knees), submission defense (yeah yeah, BJJ black belt, Abu Dhabi, yada yada yada, fact of the matter is, Bisping has never been submitted, Vitor has, twice, and not by Damien Maia. Jon Jones and Overeem aren't exactly BJJ wizards).

Not saying that this means that Bisping takes this, just answering your question. Vitor also has many things he's better than Bisping at, but to say he's better than Bisping at every aspect of the game (which is implied by your question) is just wrong.

* Edited at 01.07.2013, 6:11 AM ET *

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,395  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,487
  • Post Score: 203

01.07.2013 | 6:45 AM ET

Bisping is better then Vitor every where. The only thing Vitor has over Bisping is power. That is literally all he has over Bisping.

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

Mayhem14
Mayhem14
  • Predictions:  778  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  270
  • Post Score: 77

01.07.2013 | 8:28 AM ET

Bisping has to take this fight into deep water if he wants to win. He has wrestling, which he will definitely use. He should either get way inside and use the clinch to take some of the wind out of his sails, or he should stay on the outside working the jab. He will do one or the other, or he will wrestle the crap out of him. Bisping wins this easy if he protects himself and makes it out of the first round

"I don't believe in an eye for an eye, I believe in two eyes for an eye." -Bas Rutten

JudoRandori
JudoRandori

01.07.2013 | 2:16 PM ET

Belfort is an inspirational guy.
lucya92
lucya92
  • Predictions:  321  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  32
  • Post Score: 103

01.07.2013 | 7:12 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Bisping   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

I think Bisping is more than capable of beating Belfort, I think he's one of the most under rated guys in the UFC just because of the Americans dislike for him, He's deserved a shot at Silva for quite a while and deserved one alot more than some of the people who have had a shot at him recently ... and his decision loss against Sonnen ... no need even going into that. I will actually be so sad for him if he lose's because I really think he deserves a chance.. And he can't do any worse than Forrest did and he's still a firm favourite, and no one thought Sonned would do well against him originally ... you never know
RazelThePhoenix
RazelThePhoenix
  • Predictions:  1,019  |  64.6%
  • Forum Posts:  122
  • Post Score: 109

01.08.2013 | 12:18 AM ET

i think your right Lucya92 he is underrated, while i don't think he has been deserving a title shot for awhile i think that this win could get him there, but the UFC is very weird, for lack of a better word, at making title fights like this especially since there are fighters beating each other and the people they beat are considered to be top competition like Weidman did with Munoz, while i could see anyone at this point challenge for the Title at middle i think it will be either Weidman, Bisbing (if he wins), or Belfort ( if he wins, but i think he would need to win very convincingly). I really hope Vitor wins, just because i really don't like Bisping, say what you will, i just don't really like him, but i really see Bisping winning this fight.
AllHailKrull
AllHailKrull
  • Predictions:  1,522  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,672
  • Post Score: 180

01.08.2013 | 1:06 AM ET

Vitor via being better at everthing. 

"People say ‘oh, so you should retire.’ Yeah, you want me to retire so you won’t get knocked out. - Vitor Belfort"

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD

01.08.2013 | 1:17 AM ET

The guy cant walk up stairs without getting tired.

Brazilian Jitz
Brazilian Jitz
  • Predictions:  3,516  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,816
  • Post Score: 211

01.08.2013 | 1:31 AM ET

I'm quite shocked at the split on this fight. Vitor really is better everywhere.

"Albert Fish... I mean that guy was a real jerk!"

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD

01.08.2013 | 1:40 AM ET

Bisping: Speed, yep. Cardio, yep. Technical Striking, yep. Chin, yep. Footwork, yep. Wrestling, yep. Clinch, yep. Submission Defense, yep. Better then Vitor, yep. 

Vitor: Power, yep. Submission Offense, maybe.

Quit being bias because you guys are blind and hate on the greatest MW on the planet. 

Gebe
Gebe
  • Predictions:  2,174  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,292
  • Post Score: 198

01.08.2013 | 8:31 AM ET

If Bisping wins,give him Anderson.
If Vitor wins,give him another top guy. Going against jones,and after one fight against anderson is not good for your record...

"Fighter by day, Lover by night"

Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

01.08.2013 | 8:56 AM ET

@Mike

Are you joking? I honestly can't tell. But Bispen is clearly not faster then Vitor, that insanity.  And clearly Vitor has more offensive output then bispen does, so I have no idea how you came to a conclusion that it a  maybe.........Just for that i hope Vitor knock bispen out within 30 seconds.

* Edited at 01.08.2013, 8:57 AM ET *

"here I come to save the day"

CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones
  • Predictions:  40,133  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,674
  • Post Score: 286

01.08.2013 | 9:20 AM ET

I may be in the minority here and this is merely my opinion, but I think both of these guys are a bit "overrated" I can't look at either of their records and find a win against a top 10 middleweight, so this probably being a number 1 contender fight seems a bit off to me. As far as the fight itself goes I think it will be exciting and I see Michael Bisping winning a decision based on his cardio and the fact that Vitor is starting to show his age. It could go easily go the other way if Vitor lands a big shot and blitzes Bisping though.
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 5 months, 1 week, 4 days, 12 hours, and 59 minutes from now.
Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

01.08.2013 | 9:22 AM ET

Franklin880088 is completely right once again and MikeLovesTacos XD is letting bias cloud his judgement...once again.

"الله أكبرl"

CANARY
CANARY
  • Predictions:  2,734  |  55.1%
  • Forum Posts:  55
  • Post Score: 82

01.10.2013 | 4:25 PM ET

I believe Brisbing is hungry enough to find a way to Win

"LIVE TO FIGHT ANOTHER DAY"

Page 4

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : IBJJF San Jose Spring Open 2024 Produces Entertaining Highlights
  • Jits Magazine : 20 BJJ Basics, Concepts And Philosophy You Must Know
  • Bad Left Hook : Charlo finally stripped of WBC middleweight title, Adames elevated
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! Dana White Busts FedEX Driver In NYC
  • Middle Easy : Colby Covington Denies Receiving Contract Offer for Ian Garry Fight: ‘He’s Trying to Get Clickbait’
  • Middle Easy : Sean O’Malley Paid More in Taxes Than He Made From Fighting in the UFC Last Year
  • MMA Junkie : USA TODAY Sports/MMA Junkie rankings, May 7: Jose Aldo returns to top 10
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Details Impromptu Wrestling Match with Alex Pereira, Weighs in on Potential Fight Between ‘Poatan’ and Jon Jones
  • MMA Junkie : Nate Diaz vs. Jorge Masvidal 2 shifted to July 6, avoids UFC 302 conflict
  • MMA Junkie : Report: Jermall Charlo arrested for DWI after crashing car
  • MMA Mania : Masvidal-Diaz 2 Delayed To Avoid Scheduling Conflict
  • MMA Junkie : Colby Covington denies contract offer for Ian Machado Garry: 'This fight has not been presented'
  • MMA Mania : Sticking Around! ‘This Is The Best I’ve Felt’
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘It’s only a few pounds north’: Vergil Hunter talks possibility of Naoya Inoue taking on Gervonta Davis
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘It’s only a few pounds north’: Vergil Hunter talks possibility of Inoue facing Tank
  • MMA Junkie : Saudi Arabia announces extended partnership with UFC, including pay-per-view sponsorship
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 303: McGregor vs. Chandler adds undefeated prospect to lineup
  • MMA Mania : ‘What I’m Going To Do To McGregor Is Going To Warrant’ Retirement
  • MMA Junkie : Chael Sonnen makes case for Jose Aldo title shot after UFC 301
  • Middle Easy : ‘A Lot Of Jealousy,’ Sean O’Malley On What Sparked Conor McGregor’s Twitter Tantrum Towards ‘Suga’