Topic: Belfort vs. Bisping

Belfort vs. Bisping

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,673  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,584
  • Post Score: 60

11.30.2012 | 2:44 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Bisping   wrong Decision  

This is the official discussion thread for Belfort vs. Bisping. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 3

amp112
amp112
  • Predictions:  37,156  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  5,588
  • Post Score: 208

01.05.2013 | 12:35 PM ET

The Sonnen fight definitely changed perception on Bisping's skills. I have Belfort right now, but I'm seriously considering a swap.
p4pgoat
p4pgoat
  • Predictions:  4,888  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,908
  • Post Score: 143

01.05.2013 | 12:38 PM ET

Prediction: correct Belfort   correct KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

What is Bisping better at then Vitor? I can't come up with anything.

"We are all human, it's time to prove it."

amp112
amp112

01.05.2013 | 1:33 PM ET

The striking is about the same, they just have different styles. Belfort's has the illusion of being "better" because he has KO power.

When it comes to technical strikers like Bisping, Belfort doesn't have those highlight reel KOs. Bisping won't fall for the same tactics as an Akiyama or Franklin because of his experience striking. 
amp112
amp112

01.05.2013 | 1:35 PM ET

This is mostly going to be a standup affair. If Bisping doesn't do anything stupid like he did against Hendo, this should be a fairly close fight. I don't see either making a mistake that leads to a KO
p4pgoat
p4pgoat

01.05.2013 | 2:08 PM ET

It's not about Bisping making a mistake in this fight. Vitor doesn't need Bisping to make a mistake to knock him out. I'm not a Bisping hater at all and I do respect his skill. I just see Vitor ending this fight and ending Bisping's title dreams.

PRIDEIrish
PRIDEIrish
  • Predictions:  710  |  64.4%
  • Forum Posts:  52
  • Post Score: 148

01.05.2013 | 2:15 PM ET

I can see Bisping using his wrestling in an effort to tire out Belfort and I think Bisping wins but we saw how Belfort threw an armbar against Jones so I could see Belfort tapping him out
MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,395  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,487
  • Post Score: 203

01.05.2013 | 2:49 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Bisping   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 4  

Bisping has never been submitted, ever. And I highly doubt Belfort will be the one to do it. 

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

JudoRandori
JudoRandori

01.05.2013 | 2:54 PM ET

I suspect that either Vitor will be too strong for Bisping, or Mike is right and Belfort will be outwrestled/outpointed until he doesn't have much by way of resistance left. I just can NOT bring myself to actually pick Bisping over Vitor!!! Just seems like betrayal.
p4pgoat
p4pgoat

01.05.2013 | 2:54 PM ET

Yeah and who saw Vitor almost snapping Jones' arm off? Vitor off his back is almost as dangerous as him on his feet. If Bisping is smart he won't want anything to do with Vitor on the ground. Bisping's best chance at a win would be to use his jab to keep distance and some leg kicks to try to keep Vitor off balance. Lots and lots of movement too. If he's successful at those things he could take a UD to a showdown with Anderson.

JudoRandori
JudoRandori

01.05.2013 | 3:01 PM ET

Bisping VS Sonnen was post roids Sonnen, that doesn't really count as any assessment of Bisping's value as a fighter. Honestly, neither does Sonnen's run while on roids indicate his value as a fighter, as we see post suspension Sonnen is pretty crappy by comparison to pre suspension Sonnen.

(Pre=wins over Dan Miller, Marquardt, Okami, and a sub loss to Silva after 4 1/2 rounds of winning. Post=a sub win over Stann, followed by a seriously questionable win over Michael " the ever overrated" Bisping, and a KO loss to Silva after a round of winning).

*I would like to think Vitor will sting him with the hands, Bisping will attempt to recover, and Vitor will move in for a guillotine for the finish.

* Edited at 01.05.2013, 3:03 PM ET *

amp112
amp112

01.05.2013 | 3:34 PM ET

Just like wrestlers are excellent at avoiding the takedown, strikers know how to avoid dangerous punches. That is why I think the fight will go the distance. A submission is possible, but unlikely.
ProdigyKid14
ProdigyKid14
  • Predictions:  8,848  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,902
  • Post Score: 195

01.05.2013 | 3:37 PM ET

Prediction: correct Belfort   correct KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

I think Bisping has solid sub D, i don't see Belfort catching him anywhere to be honest. Might change my pick, not too sure yet.

"I fight em all. Men, women, children, ******** people, it doesn't matter. If you hit me, we're gonna fight. -Charles Bennett"

amp112
amp112

01.05.2013 | 4:07 PM ET

Bisping isn't going to SUB Belfort, but the opposite is a possibility. Vitor knows what he's doing on the ground. Love how he's utilized his submission game in his last 2 fights.
JudoRandori
JudoRandori

01.05.2013 | 4:09 PM ET

The longer the fight, the more it favors Bisping, I am afraid to say. And if Belfort is holding back so that he doesn't gas he may get picked apart and outpointed as Bisping dips in for a hit or two, and disappears. Vitor has faster hands but I think Bisping has faster feet, and he uses angles more effectively.
MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD

01.05.2013 | 4:10 PM ET

I see zero possibility of Belfort subbing Bisping. 

pac336
pac336
  • Predictions:  3,164  |  60.7%
  • Forum Posts:  170
  • Post Score: 179

01.06.2013 | 12:30 AM ET

I am glad this is a 5 rounder. Hopefully Belfort has worked hardcore on his cardio and can show it in this fight.

"I like to party!!!"

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD

01.06.2013 | 12:46 AM ET

If you're a fan of Belfort then you should be crying that this fight is a 5 rounder. 

dielegende23
dielegende23
  • Predictions:  21,024  |  71.7%
  • Forum Posts:  7,907
  • Post Score: 268

01.06.2013 | 1:10 AM ET

Prediction: correct Belfort   correct KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

If you're a fan of Bisping then you should start crying right now. Vitor is gonna punch Bisping's back of the head into sludge.

Seriously though, hard fight to pick probably gonna pick Michael "The C-Word" Bisping via wrestling and cardio...

" I feel like Davy Crockett on the walls of the Alamo, swinging Old Betsy as the enemy swarmed in with bayonets. Sheesh. Listen you young punks....." - Bill Burgess

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,528  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

01.06.2013 | 5:24 AM ET

I REALLY hope Bisping takes this one ... he's been plugging along for such a long time, performing well, improving his game, fighting anybody they put in front of him ... I want to see him get his time under the sun (which basically consists of being thrashed by Silva :) ) ... 

I think he's earned it. The dude really puts himself into the sport.

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

DelRose
DelRose

01.06.2013 | 4:16 PM ET

Someone's going to be eating fish and chips through a straw..

"That hole is tighter than a nuns nasty"

Page 3

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• UFC.com : UFC PARTNERS WITH LAS VEGAS METROPOLITAN POLICE DEPARTMENT AND FIGHTING FOR THE FUTURE FOUNDATION TO LAUNCH YOUTH MENTORING INITIATIVE IN LAS VEGAS
  • Middle Easy : Anthony Smith Says He’ll Submit Alex Pereira Within ‘5 Minutes’ In Grappling Match, ‘Poatan’ Can Pick ‘Any Martial Art’ He Wants
  • MMA Junkie : Sean Strickland's coach: UFC considered Khamzat Chimaev matchup before Paulo Costa booking
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘They tried but no lie stands’: Garcia claims vindication in PED scandal
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘They tried but no lie stands’: Ryan Garcia claims vindication in PED scandal
  • MMA Junkie : Aspen Ladd excited with switch from PFL to Bellator, still aims to become champion
  • MMAFighting.com : Colby Covington denies UFC offered him Ian Machado Garry: ‘We all know that he’s a cuck but now we know he’s a liar’
  • Jits Magazine : Helena Crevar Signs Exclusive UK Contract With Polaris
  • MMA Mania : Blachowicz Demands Pereira Rematch For Dec. Return
  • MMA Junkie : Colby Covington now open to Belal Muhammad matchup, 'super intrigued' by Khamzat Chimaev
  • MMAFighting.com : Report: Ryan Garcia cleared for 1 banned substance, Devin Haney responds
  • MMAFighting.com : The MMA Hour with Chael Sonnen, Mike Perry, Anthony Smith, and Cory Sandhagen at 1 p.m. ET
  • MMA Mania : Predictions, Odds, Analysis! UFC St. Louis, X-Factor
  • MMA Junkie : Sean O'Malley thinks Conor McGregor is jealous of him, open to 'legendary' fight at lightweight
  • MMA Mania : Further Drug Testing Clears Ryan (Sorta)
  • MMA Mania : Further Drug Testing Clears ‘King Ryan’ Of Nandrolone Use
  • MMA Mania : New UFC Deal With Saudi Arabia Includes ‘Big’ Event In 2025
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Garcia still denies PED use but says he fought Devin Haney while 'high as f*ck'
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Sean O’Malley willing to move up to lightweight for ‘legendary’ Conor McGregor fight
  • MMA Mania : Bare Knuckle Bonanza! BYB Acquires UK-Based BKB