Topic: Fedor Emelianenko

UFC in Russia.....Fedor?

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Swickotine
Swickotine
  • Predictions:  18,162  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  11,851
  • Post Score: 223

07.10.2012 | 5:19 PM ET

Maybe not thread-worthy but whatever...

So at the 148 post-fight conference...Dana was saying that UFC will possibly be going to Russia sooner than people think...also didn't Fedor officially leave M-1, they've been the block with Fedor in the UFC in the past. UFC always has Bisping/Hardy in UK, Anderson in Brazil, now they want Cung Le in the China debut...how gigantic would the first UFC in Russia be with Fedor in the main-event...(And obviously the first argument is he's retired...but this would be amazingly huge for Him, UFC, and Russia)

So my question is...doesn't this look like it's lining up nicely, or am I just a crazy conspiracy theorist...most likely the latter haha. And also if Fedor does headline in Russia..who would he fight?

* Edited at 07.10.2012, 5:20 PM ET *

"I'm bi-polar...nice jab, mean hook."

"The Last Emperor" Fedor Emelianenko

Photo Source:  

Fighter Details

• Given Name: Фёдор Влади́мирович Емелья́ненко
  • Pro MMA Record: 40-7-0, 1 NC (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: The Last Emperor
  • Current Streak: 1 Loss
  • Last Fight: February 04, 2023 in BFC
  • Weight Class: Heavyweight | Last Weigh-In: 236.2 lbs
  • Affiliation: Alexander Nevsky (Stary Oskol)
  • Height: 6'0" (183cm) | Reach: 76.0" (193cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $1,100,000 USD
  • Born: Rubizhne, Luhansk, Ukrainian SSR
  • Fighting out of: Stary Oskol, Belgorod, Russia
  • College: N/A
  • Foundation Style: Sambo
  • Head Coach: Volk Han
  • Other Coaches: Andrei Kopylov
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses

curtwag84
curtwag84
  • Predictions:  13,940  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,695
  • Post Score: 273

07.10.2012 | 5:23 PM ET

it would be awesome , but i think its more likely they convince Kharitonov to sign up

* Edited at 07.10.2012, 5:24 PM ET *

"I'd like to take this chance, to appologize. To absolutely nobody. -Connor McGreGOAT"

RockZ
RockZ
  • Predictions:  242  |  65.7%
  • Forum Posts:  457
  • Post Score: 137

07.10.2012 | 5:25 PM ET

You're a conspiracy theorist, but I like this thread. If Fedor were to headline/be in it, it would be awesome in every sense of the word, but it won't happen.

Side note: I think Fedor's biggest mistake was not entering the UFC years ago. It seems like if you and everyone else thinks you are the best, you would sign in, regardless of dislike for the organization. Man, what a mistake; I honestly think he could've been champ and defended times over if he was part of the roster...

"Sure the fight was fixed. I fixed it with a right hand. - George Foreman"

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,413  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,488
  • Post Score: 203

07.10.2012 | 9:30 PM ET

Fedor would be pretty awesome, but very unlikely. I would like to see Kharitonov fight on the card though, and that is actually very possible.

Its times like this where I wish Igor was a bit younger .. :(

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

TraeBlack
TraeBlack
  • Predictions:  20,845  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  8,701
  • Post Score: 173

07.10.2012 | 9:40 PM ET

He would get destroyed in front of his people, and would give me a big lol. Too bad he is retired, and dumb enough to not have came to the UFC when Pride folded..

"3HUNNA"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : Benoit Saint Denis: Grappling at ADXC provides motivation after ‘difficult fight’ with Dustin Poirier
  • MMA Junkie : Gilbert Burns won't chase Colby Covington fight: 'Too much drama for me'
  • MMA Junkie : Islam Makhachev: Khabib Nurmagomedov happy, but misses fighting
  • MMA Mania : Video! Tyson Almost Snaps On Scared Reporter
  • MMAFighting.com : Tyson Fury vs. Oleksandr Usyk prediction roundtable: Who is the true king of the heavyweights?
  • MMA Junkie : Curtis Blaydes: UFC 304 fight vs. Tom Aspinall for 'real belt,' Jon Jones won't unify with winner
  • MMA Mania : Tyson ‘The $100 Million Man’ Fury
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Vegas 92 preview show: Can Edson Barboza play spoiler once again?
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 92: 21 Tidbits, Facts And Storylines
  • MMA Junkie : Tom Aspinall vs. Curtis Blaydes 2: Odds and what to know ahead of UFC 304 co-main event
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 303 nearing completion with new bout for McGregor vs. Chandler fight card
  • MMA Junkie : Joe Rogan thinks MMA rules favor strikers over grapplers: 'I don't think you should stand people up, ever'
  • MMA Junkie : Bellator Champions Series results: Patchy Mix squeaks by Magomed Magomedov to retain title
  • UFC.com : Adrian Yanez Is Searching For More
  • MMAFighting.com : Patchy Mix ekes past Magomed Magomedov in Bellator Paris title rematch, wins split decision
  • MMA Mania : Knockout! Doumbe Stops Willis In One-Round WAR!
  • Middle Easy : Patchy Mix Defeats Magomed Magomedov Via Split Decision, Retains Bantamweight Title – Bellator: Paris Results (Highlights)
  • MMA Junkie : Tyson Fury vs. Oleksandr Usyk undisputed title fight is 'something very, very significant'
  • MMA Mania : UFC Fighters Fail To Crack Forbes ‘Highest-Paid’ List
  • MMA Junkie : Bellator Champions Series results: Cedric Doumbe makes quick work of Jaleel Willis to set up Anthony Pettis showdown