Topic: St-Pierre vs. Condit

St. Pierre vs. Condit

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,793  |  73.9%
  • Forum Posts:  17,652
  • Post Score: 60

06.11.2012 | 10:56 AM ET

Prediction: correct St-Pierre   correct Decision  

This is the official discussion thread for St. Pierre vs. Condit. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 42

Card
Card
  • Predictions:  3,852  |  66.0%
  • Forum Posts:  2,128
  • Post Score: 176

11.16.2012 | 9:52 PM ET

EliteClubFighter
EliteClubFighter
  • Predictions:  288  |  68.4%
  • Forum Posts:  611
  • Post Score: -135

11.16.2012 | 10:10 PM ET

Prediction: correct St-Pierre   wrong Submission   wrong Round 2  

This fight is super intriguing. With the only thing being intriguing, is gsp's questionable knee. If he's the same or better he'll obviously win. If not, he'll still probably win. 

I'm sorry but I just can't see condit winning. I actually started to believe he might with thoughts of ''Oh he's taller and gsp might not be the same'' or ''gsp might not actually be able to take him down''. ''reach reach reach'' but no matter how many I come up with I still end up persuading my mind back over to the invincible man vs anyone other then anderson.
EliteClubFighter
EliteClubFighter

11.16.2012 | 10:12 PM ET

I think dielegend is just ******* with everyone with his pick/picks and will and has planned on switching over to GSP in the last minute.
Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

11.17.2012 | 2:49 AM ET

Prediction: correct St-Pierre   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

To those who think that Carlos' BJJ is better than GSP, remember, Penn and Serra were also better at BJJ, but it was futile against GSP's wrestling.

Not even Jon Fitch could cope with GSP on the ground, and Fitch is a far, far better ground warrior than Carlos will be in 3 years.

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

TraeBlack
TraeBlack
  • Predictions:  20,845  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  8,701
  • Post Score: 173

11.17.2012 | 2:57 AM ET

The closer this event gets, the more i start to remember how boring GSP's last fights have been, and they always seem to go to decision when he dominates every aspect of the fight. I hope he gets a finish, but im gonna go with decision as my pick tho lol

"3HUNNA"

EliteClubFighter
EliteClubFighter

11.17.2012 | 3:00 AM ET

So pumped. shall go to bed and make my return tomorrow before the fights. 

I'm confident GSP will finish this fight. Goodnight
WishIsHere
WishIsHere
  • Predictions:  24,429  |  64.4%
  • Forum Posts:  7,003
  • Post Score: 232

11.17.2012 | 3:29 AM ET

I need GSP to finish this fight...in a decision.

"I bought a Bruno mars cd once - gunn4206"

amp112
amp112
  • Predictions:  37,156  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  5,588
  • Post Score: 208

11.17.2012 | 3:55 AM ET

When I first started watching MMA, GSP was one of my favorites. The first fight I saw of him was the armbar win over Hughes. Then he didn't fight like that anymore and as I familiarized myself with the sport, he slowly dropped off as one of my favorites. I'm rooting for Condit, but if GSP wins impressively, I'll be just as happy.
CONDIT729
CONDIT729
  • Predictions:  4,116  |  57.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,500
  • Post Score: 165

11.17.2012 | 4:42 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Condit   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 4  

@Bill How many people has GSP fought that were really aggressive off there back like Condit also Penn is really only known for his top game when it comes to bjj

"I'm coming in your backyard and I'm gonna **** you up" -Carlos Condit

dielegende23
dielegende23
  • Predictions:  21,204  |  71.9%
  • Forum Posts:  7,907
  • Post Score: 268

11.17.2012 | 5:54 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Condit   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 4  

Bet is placed, kissed my 30 bucks goodbye just in case but I had to do it...

" I feel like Davy Crockett on the walls of the Alamo, swinging Old Betsy as the enemy swarmed in with bayonets. Sheesh. Listen you young punks....." - Bill Burgess

jersey0525
jersey0525
  • Predictions:  2,766  |  60.6%
  • Forum Posts:  4,536
  • Post Score: 188

11.17.2012 | 10:10 AM ET

rooting like hell for condit, but i remember how rory macdonald manhandled him to the ground for the better part of 3 rounds until he gassed...gsp won't gas. gsp, via decision..again

"im an OT (ORIGINAL TAPOLOGIST), I used to write for cagepages.com. NO ONE CAN TAKE THAT LEFT HAND SHOT"

StickmanAndrw
StickmanAndrw
  • Predictions:  5,405  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,146
  • Post Score: 141

11.17.2012 | 10:14 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Condit   wrong Decision  

Tough one. GSP is one of the all time greatest, but Condit is a stud too. For all the *****ing Condit's had to deal with over the Diaz fight (which people seriously need to get the hell over, it was nearly a full year ago) and sitting on the Interim Title waiting for GSP (which many of us would do btw), I think we've forgotten how legit he really is. I actually expect the upset to happen here, probably will not be the most exciting fight ever, but in the end, I think we have a new Champion here

"I can't think of anything witty to say at the moment..."

kdev
kdev
  • Predictions:  609  |  59.9%
  • Forum Posts:  26
  • Post Score: -12

11.17.2012 | 11:52 AM ET

St. Pierre by Decision in this boring Greg Jackson fest... I wanna see Diaz.. Not these two.
EliteClubFighter
EliteClubFighter

11.17.2012 | 12:11 PM ET

Jackson isn't cornering either. GSP will finish condit
Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

11.17.2012 | 1:19 PM ET

@Condit729  You are asking the wrong question.  "How many poeple has GSP fought that were really aggressive off their backs like Condit?  

A man like Condit can be extremely aggressive off his back against most people but that does not mean that he will be ABLE to be aggressive off his back with a completely different class of opponent on top of him!

And to demonstrate my point, please allow me to give an example.  Erick Silva was a savage of a brute in his highlight reel against unknown fighters.  But suddenly put him in there with a deadly opponent like Jon Fitch, and most of Erick's highly-touted aggression was not only contained, but shut down and finally broken.  So, it depends entirely on what your opponent will allow you to do.  Skills that shine like diamonds against lesser fighters, are suddenly drastically diminished against someone like GSP.

No one on Earth believed that Fitch could be shut down on the ground so completely until he faced GSP!!

Koscheck knocked out Matt Hughes at the end of their first round.  And GSP failed to do that in 3 fights.  So, the shallow analysts all believed that Kos had more power, a better stand-up game.  But GSP showed Kos in the most painful way that his (Kos') stand-up was not in the same class as GSP's stand-up.  

By the same token, Condit knocked out Dan Hardy and GSP could not do that.  But Carlos will probably find out that his stand-up is not in the same class as that of GSP's.  

If by some chance GSP decides to stand and bang with Carlos, thereby confounding all of us Ivory Tower theorists, we might all find out, along with Carlos, that Carlos' touted stand-up against lesser opponents, will look completely different against such a highly-mobile, fast-moving, ever-adjusting, man like GSP.  

Remember, all the while he is throwing, Condit will have to be on guard against a sudden shoot for a take-down.  He didn't have to worry about that against Hardy.  Carlos could stay in the pocket, plant and throw.  He will not have that luxury against GSP.

Wouldn't it be funny if GSP decides to confound all of us and opt for the unexpected game-plan and stand and bang with Condit?  That would be a real hoot.  Most of you might predict a KO for Condit, but so did some people think that for GSP against Koscheck and Thiago Alves.  They were supposed to possess more power and knock GSP out.  

If Condit had all he could cope with in Rory MacDonald, it will be Rory times 3 against GSP.  

* Edited at 11.17.2012, 2:59 PM ET *

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,574
  • Post Score: 275

11.17.2012 | 2:32 PM ET

I really don't expect "the best Georges St. Pierre ever" ... coming back from an injury like this is not easy. Even if his knee is fully healed, it's been a lot of time off and I don't think you can just immediately get back into top form, especially onces you're in your 30's. But I still expect GSP to be GSP... which will be way too much for Condit to deal with in terms of mixing up strikes with takedowns, and being a physical beast on top.

"I live, I die, I live again."

Piercerdan
Piercerdan
  • Predictions:  22,720  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,987
  • Post Score: 212

11.17.2012 | 2:41 PM ET

carlos isnt named matt. Gsp only loses to matts. :P

"Fact: knowledge or info based on real occurrences, opinion: a belief held with confidence not substantiated by proof."

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

11.17.2012 | 3:02 PM ET

Did anyone see GSP training in Primetime?  He looked awfully good.  And if GSP has some ring rust, so will Carlos.

Carlos is highly motivated.  That is more than clear.  He has been building to this for many years, since he began.

But if anyone actually think Carlos is more motivated than GSP, you haven't been paying attention.

GSP has the most varied attack, with more tools / skills in his offensive / defensive arsenal than anyone.  No one mixes up his attack like GSP.  He has everything to call on and throw at his opponents.  And he's just SO MUCH stronger than Carlos.  Carlos is taller but GSP is bigger, almost like a little body-builder.

* Edited at 11.17.2012, 3:07 PM ET *

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,422  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,488
  • Post Score: 203

11.17.2012 | 3:16 PM ET

Prediction: correct St-Pierre   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

GSP is easily the most diverse guy in the division. 

The only way Condit wins this fight is if he can think of a good gameplan to take a guy like GSP out, and lets face it.. That won't happen, GSP is the smartest guy in the division. 

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones
  • Predictions:  40,133  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,674
  • Post Score: 286

11.17.2012 | 3:19 PM ET

Never Forget.
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 4 months, 2 weeks, 6 days, 17 hours, and 2 minutes from now.

Page 42

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : 10 Types Of BJJ Guards Grapplers Should Know
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! BJJ Star Craig Jones Dumps $1 Million In Cash On Rogan’s Desk
  • MMA Mania : Lima Inks Bellator Contract Extension
  • MMA Mania : ‘No One’s Feeling Sorry For You’
  • MMA Junkie : MMA Junkie's Fight of the Month for May: Steve Erceg gives commendable test to Alexandre Pantoja at UFC 301
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping: Dustin Poirier's record 'smokes' Islam Makhachev's
  • UFC.com : A SUBTLE APPROACH TO SUMMER
  • MMA Mania : Tsarukyan ‘Should Thank’ Makhachev For UFC Career
  • MMA Junkie : 'EA UFC 5' continues roster expansion with four free fighter additions
  • Middle Easy : Joe Rogan Believes It All Fell Apart for Alexander Volkanovski After the Makhachev Rematch: ‘I Thought He Won the First Time’
  • MMAFighting.com : Benoit Saint Denis eyes UFC fights in Manchester and Paris, ‘more determined than ever to become the champion’
  • Middle Easy : Jorge Masvidal Accuses Conor McGregor of PED Use Ahead of UFC 303 Return: ‘He’s Out of His Mind’
  • MMA Junkie : 'Eagle is landed': Khabib Nurmagomedov returns to corner Islam Makhachev at UFC 302
  • MMA Mania : ‘Diamond’s’ Kryptonite? Khabib Confirmed Back At UFC 302
  • MMA Junkie : Ilia Topuria on how Sean O'Malley fight would go: 'I can do with him whatever I want'
  • MMAFighting.com : Khabib Nurmagomedov will serve as cornerman for Islam Makhachev at UFC 302
  • UFC.com : This Week On UFC FIGHT PASS | May 27, 2024 - June 2, 2024
  • MMA Mania : ‘Everything Fell Apart’ For Volkanovski
  • MMAFighting.com : Talita Bernardo vs. Olga Rubin title fight headlines Invicta FC’s return in June
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 302 pre-event facts: Islam Makhachev, Dustin Poirier battle for history – and lightweight title