Tapology Forums

Why will gustafson beat silva?

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Decaf
Decaf
  • Predictions:  68  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22
  • Post Score: -136

04.11.2012 | 5:16 PM ET

or if you think silva will win, why?

Responses Page 3

JudoRandori
JudoRandori

04.13.2012 | 1:01 AM ET

Yes, he did force him there, granted, but is a veteran with that much depth of experience at a loss for how to respond that a situation he's been in before?! I have seen fighters getting mauled, swearing the fight was over and then BAM, they start finding their fight again. I am just saying giving his experience and considering the fights he's had, the ref couldn't have let that go to see what would happen? Again, he wasn't taking damage so fighter's safety isn't an issue. I am just saying give the man his chance to earn his money.
MMApicker42
MMApicker42
  • Predictions:  4,050  |  66.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,828
  • Post Score: 131

04.13.2012 | 1:07 AM ET

For sure im not arguing your dispute.... Anikm called me out saying that I didn't watch the fight and not to embarrass myself, but i actually had to enlighten him on how dumb he made himself sound by calling me out.
Swickotine
Swickotine
  • Predictions:  18,200  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  11,851
  • Post Score: 223

04.13.2012 | 1:10 AM ET

I'm surprised so many people think Gustafsson is gonna KO Thiago. I think it'll be a tough stand-up battle with Gus getting the decision.

"I'm bi-polar...nice jab, mean hook."

JudoRandori
JudoRandori

04.13.2012 | 1:11 AM ET

I gotchu. I have plenty of beef over at MMA Junkie's forums I don't need any here. Peace, love, and crippled crickets.
putaforkinya
putaforkinya
  • Predictions:  10,025  |  59.2%
  • Forum Posts:  736
  • Post Score: 236

04.13.2012 | 1:49 AM ET

@jaff

i LOL'd at "anderson silva doesn't have power"  do you think guys HAVE to look jacked before they can be considered strong?  you know that sonnen has a sick chin and anderson rocked sonnen from the bottom and thats what lead to the triangle right?

" holy **** did you see that?, baddest ***********er ever, hooooly ****" -Dana White seconds after Silva KO'd Vitor

Brazilian Jitz
Brazilian Jitz
  • Predictions:  3,516  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,816
  • Post Score: 211

04.13.2012 | 1:52 AM ET

Chael got rocked frm the bottom and set up the triangle.. is that a fact?

"Albert Fish... I mean that guy was a real jerk!"

Brazilian Jitz
Brazilian Jitz
  • Predictions:  3,516  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,816
  • Post Score: 211

04.13.2012 | 2:01 AM ET

Anderson doesnt have a above average power. When do you see him slam, or throw people around? When do you see him knock guys out with one punch??? Usually its a flurry of punches (albeit- Belfort was a kikc, and Griffin is an exception). Anderson is the best timed, and most accurate striker in the UFC, thats why he takes people out - not because he has shane carwin strength and knock people out with 1 punch.

Id much rather take a punch from Anderson Silva than Rampage or Rashad.

* Edited at 04.13.2012, 2:02 AM ET *

"Albert Fish... I mean that guy was a real jerk!"

blapthorne
blapthorne
  • Predictions:  10,395  |  61.0%
  • Forum Posts:  272
  • Post Score: 63

04.13.2012 | 2:11 AM ET

Silva's useless!! Gustafsson will finish him in the 1st or 2nd round.

"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed. - Stephen King"

Decaf
Decaf

04.13.2012 | 2:40 AM ET

Silva is going to send the most over-rated prospect of all time packing, with a pack of tissue paper. ya digg?

calling it now - silva won't lose ;)
JudoRandori
JudoRandori

04.13.2012 | 2:49 AM ET

As for Anderson Silva power watch Griffin fight. Or Nate Marquardt fight (as much as I hate to call attention to that dark dark in my personal history.)
jaffacakehero
jaffacakehero
  • Predictions:  5,066  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,396
  • Post Score: 240

04.13.2012 | 2:51 AM ET

@put Go back to my post and tell me where I said Anderson doesn't have power.....

I never said he wasn't strong because he didn't look jacked...

There are quite a few fighters at 185 with more power in their hands than Anderson but his accuracy and timing is lethal...

Gustafsson is obviously not on the same level as Anderson but the same principles apply

@nik That Griffin KO was really Anderson just using Forrest's style against him and tagging him when he was swinging wildly while he was off balance! Beautiful timing but devastating power wasn't needed imo...

"If you're matched up against me, you better be prepared to give your life...because I am prepared to take it. - Conor McGregor"

Decaf
Decaf

04.13.2012 | 2:52 AM ET

Technique > power with anderson..
Decaf
Decaf

04.13.2012 | 10:56 AM ET

Today!! lets get it silva!!!
buffalo ben
buffalo ben
  • Predictions:  3,705  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  6,348
  • Post Score: 157

04.13.2012 | 2:51 PM ET

I think @mulefloyd broke this fight down perfect.y on page one. I endorse that post 100%

"You don't have to be perfect, just dont be fraudulant"

SpiderGuard
SpiderGuard
  • Predictions:  1,914  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  775
  • Post Score: 174

04.13.2012 | 6:12 PM ET

@Judo You're crazy if you think Jones is more skilled on the ground than Thiago. I've never seen anything too crazy other than basic stuff when I watched Jones on the ground. The only reason he subbed Lyoto is because Lyoto was rocked and he ****** forces in guillotines with his long ass arms. Look at his sub wins, they're guillotines! And one RNC win over Rampage. Rampage gave up in that fight anyway. I've seen videos of Jones rolling and have NEVER seen anything that I didn't understand. Thiago used to teach Jiu Jitsu for a living before he came into the UFC. He's a legit black belt and Jones is a really good wrestler with a good guillotine.
JudoRandori
JudoRandori

04.14.2012 | 5:22 AM ET

So, basically you're calling my SANITY into question for disagreeing with you. I see we won't be engaging in many tete-a-tetes.

You don't understand all of what Silva does on the ground, ok, what does that mean to anyone but you? I don't know your BJJ credentials. Silva isn't impressive to me on the ground and Jones is, I am allowed that viewpoint, I believe.

SpiderGuard
SpiderGuard
  • Predictions:  1,914  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  775
  • Post Score: 174

04.15.2012 | 2:50 AM ET

Most of the time someone says someone else is crazy, they don't actually mean it literally. I'm just a blue belt in BJJ but some guys I watch I'm like, *** was that? Reeeewiiiiiind. I don't have to do any of that for Jones and I know exactly what he's doing. Silva has awesome top control and passing from what I've seen. Jones does a lot of wild and crazy ****.

Page 3

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Report: Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler ‘Not Looking Good’, UFC Is Hoping For ‘Plan B’ Or ‘Plan C’
  • MMA Junkie : Daniel Cormier: Middle finger was not directed at Jon Jones in UFC 'Fight Inc' documentary
  • Bad Left Hook : Espinoza signs with Top Rank ahead of June 21 title defense
  • Bad Left Hook : Golden Boy undercard for June 27 show headlined by Fulghum vs Ellis
  • Middle Easy : Dricus Du Plessis ‘Ready’ To Face Israel Adesanya, ‘Would Love’ To Fight Khamzat Chimaev If He Beats Robert Whittaker
  • MMA Junkie : Dricus Du Plessis: Robert Whittaker beating Khamzat Chimaev at UFC on ABC 6 doesn't warrant title shot
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I want to be the Serena Williams of boxing’: Shields on future goals, July return
  • MMA Junkie : Israel Adesanya 'coming for heads,' not UFC championship belts
  • MMAFighting.com : Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler fight ‘very much in limbo’ for UFC 303
  • MMA Mania : Report: Connie Comeback ‘Very Much In Limbo’
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 PFL 4 official weigh-ins results: One heavyweight misses the limit
  • MMA Mania : Dariush Doesn’t Want To Pay Tax On Hooker
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch The MMA Hour live now
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I feel like my time’s coming’: Opetaia looks forward to facing Usyk in future
  • MMA Junkie : Dricus Du Plessis points to Alexander Volkanovski as example of why he turned down UFC 300 offer
  • MMAFighting.com : Israel Adesanya teases fight camp underway for UFC return: ‘I dont need any more belts, I’m coming for heads’
  • Middle Easy : Jon Jones Fires Back At Dominick Reyes For Claiming He Beat ‘Bones’: ‘You Didn’t Do Enough’
  • MMA Mania : Du Plessis Will Gladly Fight Khamzat Instead Of Izzy
  • Middle Easy : Darrick Minner Breaks Silence On UFC Betting Scandal, Status Of ‘Pending Investigation’
  • MMAFighting.com : The MMA Hour with Anderson Silva, Chael Sonnen, Raul Rosas Jr., Chris Billam-Smith and Richard Riakporhe face-to-face, plus more at 1 p.m. ET