Topic:

All Time Greatest Wrestlers

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

dielegende23
dielegende23
  • Predictions:  21,159  |  71.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,907
  • Post Score: 268

01.07.2012 | 10:04 AM ET

Let's see what you've got

" I feel like Davy Crockett on the walls of the Alamo, swinging Old Betsy as the enemy swarmed in with bayonets. Sheesh. Listen you young punks....." - Bill Burgess

Responses Page 2

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

01.07.2012 | 5:36 PM ET

@Gregory Yes, agreed. That's why I have Jon Fitch on my list, and Chuck Liddell. 

"الله أكبرl"

dielegende23
dielegende23

01.08.2012 | 12:09 AM ET

" I feel like Davy Crockett on the walls of the Alamo, swinging Old Betsy as the enemy swarmed in with bayonets. Sheesh. Listen you young punks....." - Bill Burgess

AnAlias
AnAlias
  • Predictions:  7,913  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  8,737
  • Post Score: 246

01.08.2012 | 12:21 AM ET

Urijah Faber is getting no love, yet Phil Davis is on multiple lists.
Bigj383
Bigj383
  • Predictions:  8,546  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  5,417
  • Post Score: 187

01.08.2012 | 12:46 AM ET

I can see why I really don't like breaking MMA skill down to it's parts but Davis'es credentials are exceptional and he has employed those credentials very well against some solid competition. 

"It does not make sense that humans deliberately malfunction. - Upgrade"

AnAlias
AnAlias
  • Predictions:  7,913  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  8,737
  • Post Score: 246

01.08.2012 | 12:47 AM ET

He's still so green though.  It's a GOAT list.
dielegende23
dielegende23

01.09.2012 | 7:22 AM ET

changed my list but GSP still is on the top...

RockZ
RockZ
  • Predictions:  242  |  65.7%
  • Forum Posts:  457
  • Post Score: 137

07.03.2012 | 7:39 PM ET

Hey I'm bringing this back to ask some questions...for me judging the best wrestlers should be based on who is the best wrestler (best control, best ability to get into favorable positions, best ability to avoid compromising ones, etc.) 1st and who has the best TDD/TD success 2nd (especially because they may not mind getting taken down or something like that...) This makes it tougher because you have to look at a fighter's fight more than rely on stats, but to me that's how to find out the best. Am I right? Am I overlooking something? 

I noticed Shields, Mendes, Sherk and Velasquez weren't in the official top ten, but was most surprised w/ Shields, who was far down. I know he's tops when it comes to grappling/jj, but how good do y'all think he is at pure wrestling ?

"Sure the fight was fixed. I fixed it with a right hand. - George Foreman"

FresnoMMA
FresnoMMA
  • Predictions:  57,417  |  68.6%
  • Forum Posts:  7,436
  • Post Score: 204

07.03.2012 | 8:15 PM ET

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : Stamp Fairtex out of June fight, U.S. card after serious knee injury
  • Jits Magazine : IBJJF Baton Rouge Open 2024 Features Several Top Competitors
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! Armed Police Disrupt ‘Suga’ Show
  • MMA Junkie : Kamaru Usman: Belal Muhammad not a 'high-enough level of a wrestler' to beat Leon Edwards at UFC 304
  • MMA Mania : Silva-Sonnen 3 Proposed As MMA, But Sonnen Targeting ‘Gamebred’
  • MMA Junkie : Islam Makhachev's coach: Arman Tsarukyan passing up title shot 'right call from him'
  • Middle Easy : Chael Sonnen Reveals October Boxing Clash with Jorge Masvidal in the Works
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 304 adds Oban Elliott vs. Preston Parsons
  • MMA Mania : ‘That’s The Fight!’ Edwards And McGregor Share Mutual Interest
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Saudi Arabia adds several bouts for Robert Whittaker vs. Khamzat Chimaev card
  • Middle Easy : Conor McGregor Addresses His Comments on Sean O’Malley, Goes Off on Ilia Topuria, and Targets Leon Edwards in Wild Livestream
  • MMA Junkie : Tyron Woodley plans on MMA return, blames 'wack' UFC Apex for recent performances
  • Middle Easy : Demetrious Johnson Not Interested in Usyk vs. Fury Rematch, Urges ‘The Cat’ to Retire: ‘There’s Nothing Left He Can Prove’
  • MMA Mania : Aspinall: ‘Next Fight After Blaydes Has To Be For Undisputed Title’
  • MMAFighting.com : Sean O’Malley reveals crazy story after fake police call: ‘They said I killed my parents’
  • Middle Easy : Tom Aspinall Hopes to See Oleksandr Usyk and Tyson Fury Run It Back, Will ‘Wait Out’ for Jon Jones After Blaydes Fight
  • MMA Junkie : Conor McGregor rips UFC champ Ilia Topuria: ‘He reminds me of a retarded Artem Lobov’
  • MMAFighting.com : Conor McGregor trashes UFC champ Ilia Topuria: ‘He reminds me of a little r*tard Artem Lobov’
  • MMA Mania : McGregor ‘Ecstatic And Delighted’ By Khabib’s Unpaid Taxes Report
  • MMA Junkie : DraftKings Promo Code | Make a $1.5K No Sweat Bet on NHL Game 7, Monday Night MLB