Topic: 2022 Fights of the Year

Demetrious Johnson vs. Adriano Moraes 2

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

08.29.2022 | 11:15 PM ET

The great fight between Demetrious Johnson and Adriano Moraes reminded me of all the great fights this year. Today I rewatched some of the best battles: Moreno/Kara France, Nunes/Peña 2, Lawler/Barberena, Means/Holland, Ross/Salvador, Campbell/Duncan, and Sherman/Vanderaa. 

I hope we see Nunes vs. Peña 3. Peña deserves another shot because even though she was the clear second best, she really pushed Nunes again in that fight. And when you look at the divisions Nunes reigns over, who else can do that?

I’ve also been rewatching UFC fights from the year 2010, and Means vs. Holland reminded me of an old school battle from that time. Holland is really proving to be a tough opponent at welterweight. A year with wins over Cowboy, Means, and D-Rod would be a return to 2020 form for Holland. However I think Rodriguez will win. Regardless it might be one of the best fights of the year.  

The two Contender fights were amazing. All four guys fought with so much heart and I wouldn’t be surprised to see all four earn wins in the UFC one day. Firstly the flyweights put on an epic battle that got Dana in the cage. Then Duncan on the verge of blowing his second chance at a UFC contract, scored a knockout with his right hand. 

There are truly epic fights every weekend now. 

Responses

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,804  |  66.9%
  • Forum Posts:  7,583
  • Post Score: 261

08.29.2022 | 11:27 PM ET

Good list bro, I forgot some of the fight even happen NGL, I think Khamzat vs Burn was fight of the year also, Perfect mix of violence and competitiveness, Eithen man could of went down at any moment, I think a great fight is violent mix with competitiveness, No one want to see a lion fight a puppy 

Also, I think DJ win over Moreas is his most impressive win in his carrer, I really respect Moreas as a fighter, And DJ to Ko him post prime is why he one of the best to ever do it, I want a trilogy

* Edited at 08.29.2022, 11:30 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

08.29.2022 | 11:36 PM ET

Violence and competitiveness are two of the top ingredients I look for in a good fight. 

Who is to say DJ is post prime? He just redeemed his only stoppage loss in the last 10 years, is a star of a major promotion, champion, rich and still providing great fights. 

Regardless I’m glad he went to ONE where he has continued to stack up accolades. 

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : LIVE! Fury Vs. Usyk Open Workouts Video!
  • MMA Junkie : Daniel Cormier unloads on Joaquin Buckley after response to Conor McGregor callout criticism: 'Shut up, p*ssy'
  • Middle Easy : Aspen Ladd Thinks ‘Not Currently Anybody’ In Bantamweight Could Beat Kayla Harrison
  • Bad Left Hook : Nakatani to face mandatory challenger Astrolabio on July 20
  • MMA Mania : UFC FPI 7 Fight Card, Full Grappling Ruleset
  • MMA Junkie : Jorge Masvidal blames 'f*cking idiot' Nate Diaz for originally going up against UFC 302
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch The MMA Hour live now
  • UFC.com : UFC FIGHT PASS Invitational 7 Results
  • MMA Junkie : Darren Till vows to win UFC title: 'I know I could beat the champion'
  • Middle Easy : Report: Floyd Mayweather To Rematch Victor Ortiz In Exhibition Match On August 24
  • MMAFighting.com : Daniel Cormier goes scorched earth on Joaquin Buckley: ‘Shut up p*ssy’
  • MMA Mania : UFC Action Figures Are Back!
  • MMA Junkie : Tyson Fury: Beating Oleksandr Usyk 'puts me No. 1 status of all time' at heavyweight
  • UFC.com : MCFARLANE TOYS TEAMS UP WITH UFC TO CREATE POWERHOUSE LINE OF COLLECTIBLES
  • Middle Easy : Deontay Wilder Fears Jake Paul Could Leave ‘Too Old’ Mike Tyson In Coma, Rips Commission For Licensing Boxing Legend To Fight
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! Watch UFC Vegas 92 Media Day!
  • MMA Junkie : Daniel Cormier takes umbrage with 'magician at manipulation' Jon Jones dismissing UFC title reign
  • Middle Easy : Darren Till To Face Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. In Pro Boxing Debut At Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson Card
  • Jits Magazine : IBJJF Brasileiro 2024 Breaks Record For Their Biggest Kid’s BJJ Tournament Ever
  • MMA Mania : He’s Back! ‘Gorilla’ Battles Chavez Jr. On Netflix