Tapology Forums

The Lucky Bastard Game

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,965  |  69.3%
  • Forum Posts:  7,397
  • Post Score: 286

08.26.2022 | 6:29 AM ET

WHAT IS IT?

In short, it works similar to the Tapology Survivor game in the sense that it continues every week until there's a winner (or in some cases in this game no winner) but instead of picking your fighters, get assigned a random fighter from the upcoming UFC card and hope they win. 

FORMAT:

1) To enter, simply say that you want to enter at the start of a new game. The length of the games depend entirely on how long it takes to either find a winner or eliminate everyone.

2) Then, you will randomly be assigned a fighter from the upcoming UFC card. This will be decided by me using this site I found wheeldecide.com and putting all the fighters names on a wheel and going through the list of players one by one and spinning the wheel to decide which fighter they get. I'll make a very low quality video of the draw and post it here to show I'm not deliberately messing with anyone in particular. It might mean that some people end up with the same fighter but that doesn't affect the game as it's more of an everybody fighting for themselves kinda game rather than a head to head game.

3) If your randomly assigned fighter wins their fight then you're through to the next round. If their fight get cancelled or postponed then I'll count it as a loss as it would be considered unlucky. Draws and no contests will also count as losses for the same reason. This happens every week until there is only one left and they will be the winner. In a unique twist to make the game as stupid as possible, if everyone eventually goes out, then nobody wins the game and the game will be marked in the record books as "nobody ******* won" or something like that. For example, if there are 2 or 3 people left and they all have losing fighters then nobody wins the game. I feel this also adds weight to the game as you have to be REALLY lucky to be a winner as you literally have to be luckier than every other competitor to be the only one left standing!

WHAT DOES THE WINNER GET?

A place on the list of winners that will be displayed on the opening post of every new game and their current AV put on the new game poster (see below) in the middle of the horseshow so they effectively become the poster boy/girl/other for the new game!

Any questions, just ask! And remember, please don't take this game too seriously! I mean, it's practically a satire of the Survivor Game when you think about it lol!

For the sake of record keeping and historical intrigue, here's the link to the Tapology Lucky Bastard Game: 1st Edition that was on a separate thread: https://www.tapology.com/forum/threads/68098

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

Responses Page 52

Kkkomboo
Kkkomboo
  • Predictions:  766  |  67.8%
  • Forum Posts:  622
  • Post Score: 126

11.11.2023 | 2:07 PM ET

@BoomShakaLaka 
It's nothing personal but I feel bad to be with you in same boat again😭😭
Good luck for us!

"It's never too late to develop your critical thinking capacities"

CaptnKbec
CaptnKbec
  • Predictions:  2,242  |  65.5%
  • Forum Posts:  175
  • Post Score: 362

11.11.2023 | 2:07 PM ET

I'm ready to defend my title with Dern !

"You say ‘I play basketball, I play hockey’ but you don’t play fighting. It’s not a game. - GSP"

mulefloyd
mulefloyd
  • Predictions:  15,538  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  8,812
  • Post Score: 180

11.11.2023 | 3:52 PM ET

Alright, we're back. 28 players with 20/26 fighters. Only fighters not represented are Pereira, Aspinall, Alessandro Costa, Loopy, Roosevelt Roberts, and Jared Gordon. Best of all, all 13 fights in play.

ESPN+ Prelims: 

Up first, Cheeseball has Jamall Emmers (-265) vs. Schatte with Dennis Buzukja (+215). I think the odds are a little wide but I do favor Emmers.

In the 2nd fight, trig has Joshua Van (-235) vs. TARTARA and Ubermacht with Kevin Borjas (+190). Same feelings, same safe favorite pick for me.

3rd we have newcomer Calfoth with John Castaneda (-135) vs. Drmaxis2 and Kyung Ho Kang (+110). With Kang's advanced age for a BW, it's fitting it's the closest one yet.

and to close out the early prelims we have Rigno going solo with Mark Madsen (+180) 

ESPNNews prelims: 

We start these with BoomShakaLaka and Kkkomboo having Sadykhov (-135) vs. Borshchev. I picked Sadykhov but for some reason keep picturing Slava Claus with a counter shot KO. 

Next Xconchris has Rebecki (-625?!) vs. Roosevelt Roberts

Then we have another solo outing with FresnoMMA going with Tabatha Ricci (+140) vs. Loopy Godinez.

and in the prelim headliner Bellatrix has Steve Erceg (-200) vs. Alessandro Costa

PPV:

CangrejoRuiz and Foghorn Sam have Sabatini (-120) vs. debutante Trail Allman with Diego Lopes (+100) 

then kushycake has BSD (-235) vs. DamienHandel420 with The Steamrolla (+185) 

Stephen while watching the video I thought the exact same thing and laughed as long as you did when your spin landed on Andrade and I'm not near as certain as you on the outcome. Anyway in our main event CaptnKbec, myself, and Themmahistorian have Dern (-205) vs. ccollins44, Schwerindustrie, and Stephen Terry with Andrade (+170) 

In the co-main PiggyBank and Siunsix have Pavlovich (-105) vs. Aspinall (-115) 

And lastly Ayy has Jiri (+105) vs. Poatan (-125)

Let's have some fun!

"Grammar. The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

mulefloyd
mulefloyd

11.11.2023 | 7:57 PM ET

Wheel has eliminated 5 of 8 so far. Sorry for forgetting to put you down with Borshcev, Midnite

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

11.11.2023 | 9:32 PM ET

@mulefloyd 

Yet another incredible breakdown mate! Your ability to untangle the chaos
@The Wheel 
causes, especially in the first round with so many players is remarkable! I'm glad you also got a laugh out of the karma of me getting Andrade after I said she had no chance as well lol! I deserved that!

Midnite
Midnite
  • Predictions:  6,674  |  78.0%
  • Forum Posts:  102
  • Post Score: 430

11.11.2023 | 10:21 PM ET

@mulefloyd  no worries 😊 great breakdown..and the fight was a draw haha

@Stephen Terry 
for what its worth, i think andrade has a 50/50 chance haha
mulefloyd
mulefloyd

11.11.2023 | 11:12 PM ET

Of course

Themmahistorian
Themmahistorian
  • Predictions:  1,630  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  49
  • Post Score: 573

11.12.2023 | 1:54 AM ET

Thank you again for added me appreciate it!

I did not see who i got till now but I was hoping Dern could find away to take it. I was worried but Andradesbpower and looks like I was kinda right haha. But good game. Let me get in on the next game!! I need to get past the first round. Damn l; couldn't have gotten Aspinall or Saint-Dennism haha i will keep checking in n see you who wins. Looks like your girl came thru for you hah wish everybody good luck in the next rounds. But just know next game when ever it starts im taking that win hah so jus no im taking who ever wins title its mine haha u just another interm belt ufc likes them jawns hah but thanks again brother. 

" !!!!Making History Everday!!!! @ themmahistorian.com"

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

11.12.2023 | 12:27 PM ET

@Themmahistorian 

No worries mate! Andrade certainly shut me up lol but I'm glad to be though lol! I'm away for work for the next few days so I'll properly update this later in the week when I'm back at my PC. 

Calfoth
Calfoth
  • Predictions:  3,429  |  69.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,974
  • Post Score: 172

11.12.2023 | 9:04 PM ET

My guy Castaneda 

"POUND FOR POUND, HEADSHOT, DEAD - Leon Edwards "

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

11.15.2023 | 7:32 PM ET

Through to the 2nd round.....

A record field size of 28 entered the game. Only 10 make it through to round 2. A brutal 64.28% elimination rate from
@The Wheel 
!

The 10 remaining lucky bastards are:

• Bellatrix
  • Calfoth
  • ccollins44
  • Cheeseball
  • kushycake
  • Schwerindustrie
  • Stephen Terry
  • Trail Allman
  • trig
  • Xconchris

Due to the Nazim Sadykhov VS Viacheslav Borshchev fight ending in a draw, 
@BoomShakaLaka 
and 
@Kkkomboo 
who both had Sadykhov have been eliminated along with 
@Midnite 
who had Borshchev as draws are counted as losses in this game.

Good luck to the rest of you!

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

11.17.2023 | 9:48 PM ET

2nd Round Draw

Here's the draw for the 2nd round! Good luck everyone!

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

11.17.2023 | 9:55 PM ET

For those who can't/don't want to watch the video, the matchups are:

• Bellatrix - Uros Medic
  • Calfoth - Lucie Pudilová 
  • ccollins44 - Uros Medic
  • Cheeseball - Payton Talbott
  • kushycake - Nikolas Motta
  • Schwerindustrie - Michael Morales
  • Stephen Terry - Charles Johnson
  • Trail Allman - Jonathan Pearce
  • trig - Rafael Estevam
  • Xconchris - Christian Leroy Duncan

Good luck!

The Wheel
The Wheel
  • Predictions:  715  |  53.1%
  • Forum Posts:  93
  • Post Score: 314

11.17.2023 | 10:08 PM ET

Wheely Random Picks!

"All my picks are randomly made by The Wheel. If your pick % is lower than mine then your predictions are worse than random guesses"

Calfoth
Calfoth
  • Predictions:  3,429  |  69.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,974
  • Post Score: 172

11.18.2023 | 10:07 AM ET

Got pudilova, rip 🪦 

"POUND FOR POUND, HEADSHOT, DEAD - Leon Edwards "

mulefloyd
mulefloyd

11.18.2023 | 2:12 PM ET

Lucky Bastard Viewing Guide for UFC 295.1: Allen vs. Craig

Alright, 10 players and only 1 double up so 9 out of 28 fighters, and with only 1 head to head, representing 8 fights.

We start off with our head to head as trig has Estevam (-145) vs. Stephen Terry with Charles Johnsonn (+120) 

In the 2nd fight, kushycake has Nikolas Motta (-135) 

3rd fight has Calfoth going with Lucie Pudilova (+160) 

After a 2 fight break the 6th fight finds Xconchris assigned to Christian Leroy Duncan (-385) 

1 fight break then Trail Allman has Jonathan Pearce (-130) 

1st fight on the main card Bellatrix and ccollins44 have Uros Medic (+120) 

3rd main card fight; Cheeseball has Payton Talbott (-775!) 

and lastly in the co-main Schwerindustrie has Michael Morales (-305) 

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

11.18.2023 | 9:38 PM ET

Through to the 3nd round.....

10 entered the 2nd round. Only 4 answer the bell for the 3rd. A 60% elimination rate from 
@The Wheel 

The 4 remaining lucky bastards are:

• Cheeseball
  • Schwerindustrie
  • trig
  • Xconchris

As the Nikolas Motta VS Trey Ogden fight ended in a no contest, 
@kushycake 
who had Motta is also out as no contests count as losses in this game.

Good luck to the remaining lucky bastards!

Themmahistorian
Themmahistorian

11.24.2023 | 1:50 PM ET

I

Count me in. I need my win. Get passed the first round atleast. I'm coming for that title tho haha.

Themmahistorian
Themmahistorian

11.24.2023 | 1:59 PM ET

Myfault

Myfault. Was reading the wrong page. Long day; but  ya let me in on that next game. Haha you think about adding PFL at some point now that they bought Bellator jw. Have a feeling they might start growing as league specially with some of the wierd fights in the last cpl events. They gotta fix their fight nights cause bringing in new ppl aint going work with stacked PPVs unless you no the fighters. Just curious what you all think about it.

themmahistorian.com

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

11.24.2023 | 9:14 PM ET

@Themmahistorian 

For sure I'll count you in on the next one! As for adding the PFL, I'll leave it for a bit to see how it all plays out tbh. There's been a lot of new signings and announcements and with that comes a lot of hype but personally, I'm a little doubtful as to how sustainable it is long term. I think next year could be exciting with perhaps 3 or 4 really big PPV cards but I don't know how consistently good they're going to be for their fight nights as you say. Plus, the PFL have thrown a **** ton of money at a few big names but if the PPVs don't sell as well as expected, they could really be in the ****. My best guess is that all this cash has primarily come from some large investors and if the PFL fails to rival the UFC among the casual viewership then they'd be likely to pull out of any agreement they have and without them, the PFL won't be able to offer those big money contracts to the big name fighters. If they can't get those big names anymore then I know for sure that casual fans wouldn't watch it simply because the name value of the PFL isn't anywhere near as big as the UFC. For example, I've got a few friends who I'm trying to get into MMA. For almost all off them, this year is the first time they've heard of the PFL. As for the UFC, quite a few thought that the whole ******* sport was called the UFC! That's the stark difference between the value of their brands. The PFL is a firm 2nd in the world of MMA promotions but it's still a very long way off of the UFC and I can't see them rivalling the UFC the same way Pride and then Strikeforce did any time soon. 

I went off on a bit of a tangent there but long story short, I'll hold off on adding the PFL to this for now but I'll keep an eye on it to see if they can prove me wrong.

Page 52

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• UFC.com : This Week On UFC FIGHT PASS | June 3, 2024 - June 9, 2024
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Patience was the key’: Zhang discusses knockout win over Wilder
  • Middle Easy : Khabib Nurmagomedov Asked For Judge’s ‘Name And Location’ After Hearing ‘Crazy’ Islam Makhachev Vs. Dustin Poirier Scorecard
  • Bad Left Hook : WBO orders Buatsi vs Hutchinson as Yarde butts heads with Queensberry
  • Bad Left Hook : WBO orders Joshua Buatsi vs Willy Hutchinson as Anthony Yarde butts heads with Queensberry
  • MMA Junkie : Ailin Perez shoots her shot with Kayla Harrison callout after UFC 302
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch UFC 302 fan ask to be slapped, tumble down several rows of seats in brawl
  • MMA Mania : McGregor Cancels All Media Obligations
  • MMAFighting.com : MMA Pound-for-Pound Rankings: Who will dethrone Islam Makhachev?
  • MMA Junkie : Matchup Roundup: New UFC, PFL, Bellator fights announced in the past week (May 27-June 2)
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘He’s not the fighter that he was’: Hearn reacts to Wilder’s latest stoppage loss
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘He’s not the fighter that he was’: Eddie Hearn reacts to Deontay Wilder’s latest stoppage loss
  • MMA Mania : Everyone Is Mad At Mikey
  • Bad Left Hook : Daniel Dubois makes a statement, Deontay Wilder hits the wall: Boxing rankings for June 3, 2024
  • MMA Junkie : Paulo Costa vows 'to take heads off' after UFC 302 loss: 'F*ck points or conserving energy'
  • MMA Mania : Up Next! Cannonier Battles Imavov In Louisville!
  • MMA Mania : Volkanovski Wants To Dance With Poirier
  • MMAFighting.com : The MMA Hour with Demetrious Johnson, Eddie Alvarez, Randy Brown, Ailin Perez and more at 1 p.m. ET
  • MMA Mania : White On McGregor Partying: ‘I Don’t Know What’s Real’
  • MMA Junkie : Dana White blasts judge who scored UFC 302 fight for Paulo Costa: 'It was f*cking nuts'