Topic: Tate vs. Rousey

Tate vs. Rousey

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,883  |  73.9%
  • Forum Posts:  17,701
  • Post Score: 60

12.31.2011 | 11:42 AM ET

This is the official discussion thread for Tate vs. Rousey. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 5

Piercerdan
Piercerdan
  • Predictions:  22,724  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,987
  • Post Score: 212

03.03.2012 | 3:52 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Tate   wrong Decision  

tate by being hotter :)

"Fact: knowledge or info based on real occurrences, opinion: a belief held with confidence not substantiated by proof."

Swickotine
Swickotine
  • Predictions:  18,200  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  11,851
  • Post Score: 223

03.03.2012 | 3:55 PM ET

Prediction: correct Rousey   correct Submission   correct Round 1  

I love both of them, but I feel sorry for Meisha.

"I'm bi-polar...nice jab, mean hook."

Lopati
Lopati
  • Predictions:  18,574  |  61.4%
  • Forum Posts:  13,352
  • Post Score: 179

03.03.2012 | 3:59 PM ET

I wouldn't mind seeing Rousey shoot and Tate level her with a flying Knee or a front kick, lol.  

"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it." Jose Ortega y Gasset

JudoRandori
JudoRandori

03.03.2012 | 5:05 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Tate   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

I would love it if we could get to the day when WMMA can be discussed without fans having sex with the female fighters coming up. 80% of female fighters are hot, and Rousey is about the top of that food chain, but please, these women work sedulously at their training, just like the men do, can we please show them a bit more respect?
MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,453  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,488
  • Post Score: 203

03.03.2012 | 5:15 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Tate   wrong Submission   wrong Round 2  

I do like Rousey tbh, I think shes a great fighter but come on. IF you know anything about the WMMA scene then you know that going from Julia Budd to Miesha Tate is not a good idea. Tate has an impressive resume.

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,575
  • Post Score: 275

03.03.2012 | 5:16 PM ET

@Judo I don't think it's as simple as that.  This fight is being fully marketed and sold as a battle of sexy women. That's how Zuffa sees it, that's how Showtime sees it, and that's how they are telling the fans to perceive it.  It's also a big part of why this fight is headlining and causing so many people to tune in.   It's that angle to the fight which is providing these women a chance to be stars and make good money.

It's also no different than movies.  Hollywood movies (and marketing) are almost entirely built around the men as the main characters and the women as sex objects.

"I live, I die, I live again."

MMAOPcom
MMAOPcom
  • Predictions:  261  |  57.9%
  • Forum Posts:  9
  • Post Score: 78

03.03.2012 | 5:27 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Tate   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 4  

@judo and @ Gregory:

You're both correct about Zuffa's marketing of Tate v Rousey, and I highlight this point in my "2 Girls 1 Belt" article, here:  http://mmaop.com/2-girls-1-belt-whos-hungrier-tate-v-rousey/

With that said, Tate via T/KO R4. 

"MMA:OP (MMAOP.com) is dedicated to intelligently discussing and deconstructing UFC & MMA."

joe kerr
joe kerr
  • Predictions:  247,320  |  68.9%
  • Forum Posts:  4,850
  • Post Score: 267

03.03.2012 | 5:36 PM ET

My mind is telling me to pick Ronda, but like many times before I'm going with my heart and picking Miesha. And I'm not changing it, I hope she shut Ronda up tonight. I might very well be wrong, but I also picked Kampmann to beat Thiago and Condit to beat Diaz.

"If the enemy rejects the ground, I would take him down by tackle. Why didn’t he [Royler] do so? May I introduce him to a good coach? His tackle was... like a girl’s one... Mr. Royler, how are you feeling?" - Kazushi Sakuraba

TraeBlack
TraeBlack
  • Predictions:  20,845  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  8,701
  • Post Score: 173

03.03.2012 | 5:38 PM ET

Yea, thats what i wanna know. If Ronda armbars her in the first round. What happens then?

"3HUNNA"

Piercerdan
Piercerdan

03.03.2012 | 6:03 PM ET

To be honest if i was attracted to men i would say similar things as i do about the female fighters.  I appreciate their efforts in the gym and the cage.  I appreciate their skills.  I appreciate all that they do.  That said when i see a human im attracted to im going to root for them and comment on that aspect of it because its the first thing one would notice. 

Tate has better striking, a solid ground game and more experience.  Shes the current champ.  Assuming she doesnt buy into her own hype she will do extremely well against any opponent she faces.  

"Fact: knowledge or info based on real occurrences, opinion: a belief held with confidence not substantiated by proof."

Piercerdan
Piercerdan

03.03.2012 | 6:05 PM ET

@joe me too big guy!!! I picked kampmann (by 3rd round sub), tim boestch (or however its spelled) [by 3rd round tko], condit, and im picking tate here.

joe kerr
joe kerr
  • Predictions:  247,320  |  68.9%
  • Forum Posts:  4,850
  • Post Score: 267

03.03.2012 | 6:10 PM ET

@Dan, you're a bigger man than me then, I wanted to pick The Barbarian, but ultimately I chickened out and went with Okami thinking he will smother and g'n'p Tim for a decision. I was really happy to lose on that one though! And in what a way!

"If the enemy rejects the ground, I would take him down by tackle. Why didn’t he [Royler] do so? May I introduce him to a good coach? His tackle was... like a girl’s one... Mr. Royler, how are you feeling?" - Kazushi Sakuraba

dielegende23
dielegende23
  • Predictions:  21,388  |  72.0%
  • Forum Posts:  7,907
  • Post Score: 268

03.03.2012 | 6:10 PM ET

Good luck with that Piercerdan, do you want to make an av/sig bet on that ???

" I feel like Davy Crockett on the walls of the Alamo, swinging Old Betsy as the enemy swarmed in with bayonets. Sheesh. Listen you young punks....." - Bill Burgess

Piercerdan
Piercerdan

03.03.2012 | 6:43 PM ET

@dielegende23  Nah i dont have very good luck with sig bets lol On top of that im not fully confident tate will take it, She might and she will probably do well even in a loss.

@joe thanks dude!

dielegende23
dielegende23
  • Predictions:  21,388  |  72.0%
  • Forum Posts:  7,907
  • Post Score: 268

03.03.2012 | 6:48 PM ET

@ piercer thats cool, it actually wouldn't be all that fair as well, cause ronda is such a favorite...

" I feel like Davy Crockett on the walls of the Alamo, swinging Old Betsy as the enemy swarmed in with bayonets. Sheesh. Listen you young punks....." - Bill Burgess

Piercerdan
Piercerdan

03.03.2012 | 6:51 PM ET

@dielegende23 hahaha maybe on a fight i feel strongly about :D

buffalo ben
buffalo ben
  • Predictions:  3,705  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  6,348
  • Post Score: 157

03.04.2012 | 12:20 AM ET

Called it

"You don't have to be perfect, just dont be fraudulant"

Swickotine
Swickotine
  • Predictions:  18,200  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  11,851
  • Post Score: 223

03.04.2012 | 12:21 AM ET

@buffaloben So did everyone else haha

"I'm bi-polar...nice jab, mean hook."

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,453  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,488
  • Post Score: 203

03.04.2012 | 12:21 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Tate   wrong Submission   wrong Round 2  

I thought Rousey was just ****y, but she backed it up in a big way. Congrats to her.

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

03.04.2012 | 12:22 AM ET

@buffalo ben So did about 586 Tapology members.

"الله أكبرl"

Page 5

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Israel Adesanya Is ‘Coming for Heads,’ Not Titles, When He Makes Return to the UFC
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Anderson Silva gives Chael Sonnen a rose in their faceoff ahead of boxing match in Brazil
  • Middle Easy : Chael Sonnen Refuses to Make the Same Mistake in Boxing That He Did in MMA Against Anderson Silva
  • MMA Junkie : Jake Paul says he would ‘kill’ Sean O’Malley, wants to fight at UFC 303 before Mike Tyson bout
  • Middle Easy : Sean O’Malley’s Coach Questions the Quality of Conor McGregor’s Sparring Partners Ahead of UFC 303
  • MMA Junkie : Ex-GLORY Kickboxing champ Simon Marcus resumes path toward UFC
  • MMA Junkie : Joshua Van relieved to make it to UFC on ESPN 58 fight week after several bout cancellations
  • Middle Easy : 19 Year-Old Raul Rosas Jr. Chasing After Jon Jones’ UFC Record: ‘I Got 4 Years To Break It’
  • MMA Junkie : Why UFC contender Merab Dvalishvili decided to no longer 'chase the finish' in fights
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Could be over early’: Ellerbe says Tank does everything better than Martin
  • MMA Junkie : Beneil Dariush no longer chasing UFC fight vs. Dustin Poirier: 'That shipped has passed'
  • Middle Easy : Report: Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler ‘Not Looking Good’, UFC Is Hoping For ‘Plan B’ Or ‘Plan C’
  • MMA Junkie : Daniel Cormier: Middle finger was not directed at Jon Jones in UFC 'Fight Inc' documentary
  • Bad Left Hook : Espinoza signs with Top Rank ahead of June 21 title defense
  • Bad Left Hook : Golden Boy undercard for June 27 show headlined by Fulghum vs Ellis
  • Middle Easy : Dricus Du Plessis ‘Ready’ To Face Israel Adesanya, ‘Would Love’ To Fight Khamzat Chimaev If He Beats Robert Whittaker
  • MMA Junkie : Dricus Du Plessis: Robert Whittaker beating Khamzat Chimaev at UFC on ABC 6 doesn't warrant title shot
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I want to be the Serena Williams of boxing’: Shields on future goals, July return
  • MMA Junkie : Israel Adesanya 'coming for heads,' not UFC championship belts
  • MMAFighting.com : Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler fight ‘very much in limbo’ for UFC 303