Topic: Jackson vs. Silva

Jackson vs. Silva Predictions

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,768  |  73.9%
  • Forum Posts:  17,644
  • Post Score: 60

01.14.2011 | 1:11 PM ET

This is the official prediction commentary thread for Jackson vs. Silva. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses

DaiKaiju Wicked
DaiKaiju Wicked
  • Predictions:  2,021  |  67.8%
  • Forum Posts:  383
  • Post Score: 149

01.14.2011 | 1:11 PM ET

Prediction: Silva  |  Decision

Interesting fight. It amazes me that Quinton Jackson is able to win fights against high quality opposition while only using left and right hooks, and a lead uppercut. His complete lack of technique makes me think the only way he wins this fight, against Thiago's aggressive style, is a KO. I look for Silva to show a diversity of striking techniques, and out point Rampage on the feet. If Quinton does catch him, I think Silva has the wrestling and BJJ to take Rampage down and outpoint him there as well.

"I was born as a catholic but the nuns turned me. I was born as a pacifist but the guns turned me. I was born to be a beautiful man, but the ugliness is powerful, I do what I can."

BeastMaster
BeastMaster
  • Predictions:  1,958  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  3,029
  • Post Score: 180

01.14.2011 | 1:33 PM ET

Prediction: Jackson  |  Decision

Silva is coming up short against stiffer competition. This will be the same.

"Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone lays a hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

mrgreen6972
mrgreen6972
  • Predictions:  1,364  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  57
  • Post Score: 25

01.14.2011 | 3:33 PM ET

I rooting for Page but Brazillians with agressive stand up are his weakness. Man, I hope the old Rampage will comeback in this fight. Rampage should use his wrestling more instead relying on counter punching opponets.

"Back then they didn't want me now I'm hot they all on me"

minotauro11
minotauro11
  • Predictions:  2,483  |  66.5%
  • Forum Posts:  4,493
  • Post Score: 148

01.14.2011 | 3:37 PM ET

I don't see Rampage losing this fight. Should out strike and out wrestle Silva.

"We Are All One"

thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794
  • Predictions:  5,113  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,315
  • Post Score: 142

01.14.2011 | 11:22 PM ET

@mrgreen wow never thought of that wanderlei & shogun .... you can clearly see i hope this ends the same way ? haha ... although i like rampage . hes a cool funny guy.

"I really feel like I'm the most dangerous guy out there" BJ Penn........... UFC on Fox 2 event winner :)

kallousklown
kallousklown
  • Predictions:  24,203  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  10,967
  • Post Score: 177

02.02.2011 | 8:33 PM ET

Lets see Thiago Silva try to ***** slap Rampage. Aint happenin'

"Are we gonna jump, or we just gonna jerk each other off?"

thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794
  • Predictions:  5,113  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,315
  • Post Score: 142

02.02.2011 | 10:48 PM ET

@kallou ... He only *****slapped Vera because he deserved to be slapped rampage doesnt i still think thiago will get the W...

"I really feel like I'm the most dangerous guy out there" BJ Penn........... UFC on Fox 2 event winner :)

thabestevah
thabestevah
  • Predictions:  199  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  55
  • Post Score: 27

02.03.2011 | 10:54 AM ET

Rampage will out-strike Silva in this fight. It will be a very good fight but there will come a point where Rampage is going to rock Silva, I am not sure he can finish him but he will get the decision. Silva hasn't looked great against the top guys and he hasn't exactly shown the best gas tank in the UFC. Page gets the W.

"It's not about whether you win or lose... Well, unless your the guy who lost."

mrgreen6972
mrgreen6972
  • Predictions:  1,364  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  57
  • Post Score: 25

02.03.2011 | 1:23 PM ET

Should be fight of the night if the real Rampage show's up.

"Back then they didn't want me now I'm hot they all on me"

rampagefan380
rampagefan380
  • Predictions:  73  |  54.8%
  • Forum Posts:  22
  • Post Score: 36

02.03.2011 | 1:25 PM ET

Prediction: Jackson  |  KO/TKO  |  Round 1

LOL.....Rampage gonna get that belt back..WATCH!!!! Rampage K.O. 3:00 1st round...He gonna put them hands on Silva from the Pride days...Just the last name Silva is enough reason for Rampage to beat the brakes off Thiago...Then I pray and beg that Rashad beats Shogun,so Rampage can whoop Suga' and get his belt back

"Pain is temporary,Pride is Forever"

bklettke
bklettke
  • Predictions:  2,109  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,761
  • Post Score: 117

02.04.2011 | 3:35 AM ET

Prediction: Silva  |  KO/TKO  |  Round 3

This is a win/win situation for the UFC, it either sets up all kinds of crazy rematches or an all Brazilian LHW title fight for their card in RIO.

TacomaTerror
TacomaTerror
  • Predictions:  149  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  480
  • Post Score: 59

02.04.2011 | 5:13 AM ET

Agreed, I think if Silva can choose his shots carefully and not get caught he can win. That being said, I think he will try to KO rampage and eat a massive right hook. KO Jackson round two.

" ."All praise is to Allah, I'll fight any man, any animal, if Jesus were here I'd fight him too." "

LynxGuy
LynxGuy
  • Predictions:  1,054  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,120
  • Post Score: 138

02.04.2011 | 7:49 AM ET

I'm leaning toward Jackson in this fight because I think it'll be close and in the case of a close fight I can see Jackson getting the decision.  Silva looked good in his last fight, but Vera clearly wasn't expecting to be taken down by him.  There's no chance Silva takes Rampage down and I think Rampage is stronger on the feet.

UD for Rampage.

"Don't be scared, homie." - Nick Diaz

rampagefan380
rampagefan380
  • Predictions:  73  |  54.8%
  • Forum Posts:  22
  • Post Score: 36

02.04.2011 | 11:45 AM ET

Prediction: Jackson via KO 1st round

Prediction: Jackson  |  KO/TKO  |  Round 1

LOL.....Rampage gonna get that belt back..WATCH!!!! Rampage K.O. 3:00 1st round...He gonna put them hands on Silva from the Pride days...Just the last name Silva is enough reason for Rampage to beat the brakes off Thiago...Then I pray and beg that Rashad beats Shogun,so Rampage can whoop Suga' and get his belt back

"Pain is temporary,Pride is Forever"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! ‘King’ Of The Jungle?
  • MMA Mania : ‘Put That Whiskey Bottle Down!’ Usman Fires Back At McGregor
  • Middle Easy : Ben Askren Claims Conor McGregor’s ‘Jealous’ Of UFC Rival Khabib: ‘No Money Can Make Up For That’
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Would Be Upset!’ Topuria ‘Too Short’ To Headline Over O’Malley
  • MMA Junkie : USA TODAY Sports/MMA Junkie rankings, May 21: Patchy Mix, Lerone Murphy move up
  • MMA Junkie : Anthony Smith: Islam Makhachev vs. Dustin Poirier 'much closer than a lot of people are giving it credit for'
  • MMA Mania : MMA Prospect Watch: Meet ‘The Punjabi Prince’
  • Middle Easy : Conor McGregor is ‘Cold in the Soul’ for Michael Chandler, Plans to Fight Three Times in 2024
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Curtis Blaydes On Tom Aspinall, Alex Pereira, Was Ciryl Gane A Go For UFC 304?
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Vegas 93 card official with 13 bouts
  • Bad Left Hook : PODCAST: Usyk is undisputed, Taylor vs Catterall 2, Canelo’s next fight
  • MMA Junkie : Belal Muhammad explains why he doesn't like 'piece of trash' Sean Strickland
  • MMA Mania : ‘Piece Of Trash’ Strickland Is ‘All Talk’
  • Middle Easy : Dustin Poirier Ready to Knock Islam Makhachev Unconscious at UFC 302: ‘The Ref’s Going to Be Pulling Me Off Him’
  • Middle Easy : Husband and Coach of UFC Fighter Hailey Cowan Arrested, Accused of Sexually Assaulting Minor ‘Hundreds of Times’
  • MMA Junkie : Tom Aspinall says next fight after Curtis Blaydes has to be for undisputed belt: 'I'll wait it out if I have to'
  • MMAFighting.com : Dustin Poirier makes bold prediction for Islam Makhachev fight at UFC 302
  • MMA Mania : McGregor Labels ‘Little R—ard’ Topuria ‘A Non-Champion’
  • MMAFighting.com : Anderson Silva opens as huge favorite over Chael Sonnen in July boxing match
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘He put you in position’: Vergil Hunter explains why Spence should pay former trainer his worth