Topic: Fighter News & Gossip

Strickland & Rountree

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

03.15.2022 | 8:54 AM ET

First thing, I would love to this see this fight in the octagon. If you listen to their stories, it sounds similar. Both guys when they were younger overcame mental issues that were manifesting physically with the help of MMA. It’s like they are opposites but the same. Instead of spewing all the negative out of his mouth Rountree does the opposite and tries to spew all the positive and leave the negative inside. 

Finally Strickland keeps saying everyone would hate Rountree if they hung out with him. I think Strickland is missing the point that a majority of people who pay attention to him or any other MMA fighter, would not want to hang out with them. We watch them for the fights and without the fights everyone stops caring. That’s why Rountree is trying to get his message out their while people care and you can say Strickland is doing the same. 

I started following Strickland because of his fighting and unfollowed him because what he says gets tiring. But I still watch his fights and hope he does well. 

* Edited at 03.15.2022, 8:57 AM ET *

Responses

HiDefff
HiDefff

03.15.2022 | 9:18 AM ET

Sean fights like Rountree talks, and Rountree fights like the savage Sean talks about being. 

Quite comical to watch the guy talk about killing people and go out and decisionate everyone. Meanwhile Rountree spreads peace and love and literally goes out there to end people violently. 
Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

03.15.2022 | 9:52 AM ET

That is very true. Strickland is in a way putting on an act. He might believe the things he is saying but his motivation is just to get people’s attention. Strickland said Rountree isn’t even a body for him so I don’t think he would have a problem moving up to face him. I really want to see this fight. 
JReynolds47
JReynolds47
  • Predictions:  13,211  |  72.5%
  • Forum Posts:  7,542
  • Post Score: 13

03.15.2022 | 10:08 AM ET

HiDeff

but strickland is top 5 and rountree isnt ranked. that kill style only lasts for so long

"Jarno Errens, Damir Hadzovic"

Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

03.15.2022 | 10:13 AM ET

I completely forgot where they both sit in the rankings. It would be dumb for him to to take that fight. 
HiDefff
HiDefff

03.15.2022 | 10:21 AM ET

That's fine and all. He talks like he's some murderous savage meanwhile in the cage he tip toe's around decisions. I mean you can tell its all an attention seeking act. He told jack lets stand and trade the last 10 seconds. while he back pedaled away from him and people eat the **** up like he's some killer lmao. He's a point fighter who wins decisions and acts like he mauls people. 

He talks **** about "beta" males all while talking **** about how other dudes live their life..... worried about another mans actions and emotions seems about the most beta thing you could do. He's a cornball and other cornballs eat that **** up. 
HiDefff
HiDefff

03.15.2022 | 11:02 AM ET

Where was that violent killer at here? seems like he's doing a lot of backing away. leaving the cage while talking ****. Seems beta as beta can be. Corny as ****. 
HiDefff
HiDefff

03.15.2022 | 11:03 AM ET

Sean claimed he was going to beat his ass? Left the cage like a baby while talking ****. 
JReynolds47
JReynolds47

03.15.2022 | 11:05 AM ET

video unavailable...

HiDefff
HiDefff

03.15.2022 | 11:08 AM ET

that's weird. geo block or something?

Vid 1

* Edited at 03.15.2022, 11:09 AM ET *

JReynolds47
JReynolds47

03.15.2022 | 11:09 AM ET

im on a school chromebook, maybe thats why

HiDefff
HiDefff

03.15.2022 | 11:11 AM ET

Ohhh yea thats most likely it. I remember those days of trying to beat the school blocks to access Newgrounds 

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : EBI 21: The Absolutes Full Preview
  • Jits Magazine : 10 Types Of BJJ Guards Grapplers Should Know
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! BJJ Star Craig Jones Dumps $1 Million In Cash On Rogan’s Desk
  • MMA Mania : Lima Inks Bellator Contract Extension
  • MMA Mania : ‘No One’s Feeling Sorry For You’
  • MMA Junkie : MMA Junkie's Fight of the Month for May: Steve Erceg gives commendable test to Alexandre Pantoja at UFC 301
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping: Dustin Poirier's record 'smokes' Islam Makhachev's
  • UFC.com : A SUBTLE APPROACH TO SUMMER
  • MMA Mania : Tsarukyan ‘Should Thank’ Makhachev For UFC Career
  • MMA Junkie : 'EA UFC 5' continues roster expansion with four free fighter additions
  • Middle Easy : Joe Rogan Believes It All Fell Apart for Alexander Volkanovski After the Makhachev Rematch: ‘I Thought He Won the First Time’
  • MMAFighting.com : Benoit Saint Denis eyes UFC fights in Manchester and Paris, ‘more determined than ever to become the champion’
  • Middle Easy : Jorge Masvidal Accuses Conor McGregor of PED Use Ahead of UFC 303 Return: ‘He’s Out of His Mind’
  • MMA Junkie : 'Eagle is landed': Khabib Nurmagomedov returns to corner Islam Makhachev at UFC 302
  • MMA Mania : ‘Diamond’s’ Kryptonite? Khabib Confirmed Back At UFC 302
  • MMA Junkie : Ilia Topuria on how Sean O'Malley fight would go: 'I can do with him whatever I want'
  • MMAFighting.com : Khabib Nurmagomedov will serve as cornerman for Islam Makhachev at UFC 302
  • UFC.com : This Week On UFC FIGHT PASS | May 27, 2024 - June 2, 2024
  • MMA Mania : ‘Everything Fell Apart’ For Volkanovski
  • MMAFighting.com : Talita Bernardo vs. Olga Rubin title fight headlines Invicta FC’s return in June