Topic: Edgar vs. Maynard III

Edgar vs. Maynard III Predictions

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,880  |  73.9%
  • Forum Posts:  17,701
  • Post Score: 60

01.11.2011 | 5:00 PM ET

This is the official prediction commentary thread for Edgar vs. Maynard III. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses

DreadPirate
DreadPirate
  • Predictions:  156  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18
  • Post Score: 28

01.11.2011 | 5:00 PM ET

Prediction: Edgar  |  Decision

frankie this time, period point blank. won't get caught again.

"I don't talk I walk whatever I came to do / Knock a mule on its ass and turn a !%&@# black and blue" Redman

bklettke
bklettke
  • Predictions:  2,109  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,761
  • Post Score: 117

01.12.2011 | 3:21 AM ET

Prediction: Edgar  |  Submission  |  Round 4

I agree, Frankie uses pin point striking with improved head movement and uses his GSP like timing with wrestling to win by decision. Frankie's takedowns should now be considered some of the best in MMA considering what he's done in the last two fight with Maynard and Penn. Who else has taken either one of them down (excluding BJ at WW)???

thabestevah
thabestevah
  • Predictions:  199  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  55
  • Post Score: 27

01.12.2011 | 4:51 PM ET

Prediction: Maynard  |  Decision

Maynard doesn't gas this time... Maynard by decision.

"It's not about whether you win or lose... Well, unless your the guy who lost."

DaiKaiju Wicked
DaiKaiju Wicked
  • Predictions:  2,021  |  67.8%
  • Forum Posts:  383
  • Post Score: 149

01.14.2011 | 1:11 PM ET

The draw showed me that Frankie has the ability to beat Gray. The way I scored the fight, I gave Gray the very close 3rd round, and gave him a 10-8 in the first round. If it wasn't for the big punch that got that first round beatdown started, I think Frankie wins the fight easily. I look for him to prove me right in the 3rd fight.

"I was born as a catholic but the nuns turned me. I was born as a pacifist but the guns turned me. I was born to be a beautiful man, but the ugliness is powerful, I do what I can."

thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794
  • Predictions:  5,113  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,315
  • Post Score: 142

01.14.2011 | 11:13 PM ET

omg alot of people are picking gray by ko now because he nearly kod frankie he still hasnt kod anyone in the ufc or was it 1 ? COME ON FRANKIE!

"I really feel like I'm the most dangerous guy out there" BJ Penn........... UFC on Fox 2 event winner :)

minotauro11
minotauro11
  • Predictions:  2,483  |  66.5%
  • Forum Posts:  4,493
  • Post Score: 148

01.15.2011 | 7:15 AM ET

i think Frankie jabs n jogs his way to a decision.

"We Are All One"

mrgreen6972
mrgreen6972
  • Predictions:  1,364  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  57
  • Post Score: 25

01.15.2011 | 10:07 AM ET

Totally agree with u. Maynard better get ready for a 5k run the way Edgar jabs and jogs. Kinda like a lighweight Machida.

"Back then they didn't want me now I'm hot they all on me"

Gooseman95
Gooseman95
  • Predictions:  398  |  65.8%
  • Forum Posts:  27
  • Post Score: 63

01.15.2011 | 10:13 AM ET

Frankie takes all five rounds and that will make gray maynard finally stop *****ing and moaning.
darth_nanners
darth_nanners
  • Predictions:  2,440  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  619
  • Post Score: 170

01.28.2011 | 2:03 PM ET

Prediction: Edgar  |  Submission  |  Round 3

Edgar was are warrior for coming back like he did after that first round. If the BJ Penn fight was any sign Edgar seems to be really good in immediate rematch situations i look for him to put on a dominate peformance.

"insert random generic/inspirational message here."

WinningOne
WinningOne
  • Predictions:  256  |  64.8%
  • Forum Posts:  242
  • Post Score: 58

03.30.2011 | 8:54 PM ET

Beside the first round I was a lot more impressed with Edgar. He's like a lightweight Cain V. and is always way better in the rematches. 

"“I will knock your hair black” – Ken Shamrock to Ortiz"

GutturalReef
GutturalReef
  • Predictions:  386  |  56.5%
  • Forum Posts:  105
  • Post Score: 39

03.31.2011 | 1:58 AM ET

"They" always say, "Edgar improves with every fight", and they're right....

"If people ain't hatin', you doin' somethin' wrong...."

giosanti
giosanti
  • Predictions:  1,464  |  66.1%
  • Forum Posts:  340
  • Post Score: 131

04.12.2011 | 6:37 AM ET

I've gone with Maynard because of his KO power. While I don't think we'll see a R1 like last time, Edgar is going to have to worry about getting hit like that again, which should make Maynard the better fighter. I think we could see Gray use his wrestling ability more in the fight. In the last fight, Maynard was gassed after the first round. Whoever wins, it should be a close fight.

How would people feel about a 4th fight? If there's controversy again there could be need for one. Alternatively, if Edgar wins they'll be 1-1-1 with each other, making a 4th fight viable. Of course, it depends on the manner of the victory. If it were to happen, I think it'd be after a couple or few more fights for both fighters. The LW division is just too big at the moment to hold off any more contenders. There's Jim Miller, the Pettis/Guida winner, Guillard, Siver to a lesser extent, and with Zuffa now owning Strikeforce, we could see Melendez in the UFC eventually.

"I'm what counts out here. You only exist out here because of me."

GB45
GB45
  • Predictions:  89  |  73.0%
  • Forum Posts:  8
  • Post Score: 25

05.01.2011 | 1:23 AM ET

Enter Your Comments »

"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times." -Bruce Lee

Elkisland
Elkisland
  • Predictions:  213  |  64.8%
  • Forum Posts:  499
  • Post Score: 132

05.01.2011 | 2:11 PM ET

Edgar will win again imo.

"Serious sport is war minus the shooting. "George Orwell""

Dannotheman
Dannotheman
  • Predictions:  9,433  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2,406
  • Post Score: 185

05.01.2011 | 2:38 PM ET

Maynard beats Edgar for the 3rd time and ends this at a trilogy.

"God please give me patience, if you give me strength I will just punch them in the face."

Ferrau Lacasse
Ferrau Lacasse
  • Predictions:  15  |  40.0%
  • Forum Posts:  3
  • Post Score: 100

05.06.2011 | 9:49 AM ET

After the heart shown by Edgar last fight, I cant go against him. Props to Maynard for a fantastic fight but I just feel Edgar has got this one.
themysticalninja
themysticalninja
  • Predictions:  1,219  |  59.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,725
  • Post Score: 123

05.06.2011 | 10:11 AM ET

If Maynard underestimates Edgar (again) then it's going to be a long night for Maynard. I feel Maynard won't make that mistake this time and will pace himself, meaning we're going to get another close match. However, I feel Edgar will have upped his game  and - despite having a few hairy moments - will edge this one out.

"Go get some Donald CER-ROE-NAY!" - Greg Jackson

SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  32,055  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13,504
  • Post Score: 186

05.06.2011 | 12:05 PM ET

Prediction: Maynard  |  KO/TKO  |  Round 3

@Elk quick question when has Edgar ever beat Maynard?....To me Frankie got the best possible outcome in their last fight and Gray got his worst possible....Randy Couture will have Gray ready to be patient and we all saw the power last fight that'll end the fight this time around

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

05.06.2011 | 12:26 PM ET

I agree w/ Soccer .. I'm probably going to pick Gray via KO this time around.

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

caymanfighter
caymanfighter
  • Predictions:  43  |  55.8%
  • Forum Posts:  54
  • Post Score: 80

05.06.2011 | 12:55 PM ET

Frankie does get better each fight, however so does Gray. Has everyone forgot the first fight? Gray basically out wrestled Frankie because he was still lacking in the striking department. I clearly remember people saying Gray just layed and prayed that fight because he didn't want to exchange with Frankie. I would like to see how many people predicted that Gray would have dropped Frankie in the second fight. People picking Frankie because "he does better in rematches" is crazy! He's only had two rematches...he did dominate BJ the second time but I think we have all realized that Frankie seems to be the one guy at LW that has the formula to beat Penn. Frankie has the heart of a champ and an amazing ability to keep composed even when in trouble. I see both fighters being a bit tentative this time around. Both will be looking not to make mistakes. I still haven't made my mind up on a winner but I see this going to the judges yet again. As for confidence, I am not sure how Frankie can have much confidence in a "comeback". He lost the first fight, got hurt in the second and lets face it has never had Gray in fight ending trouble. He may have confidence that he can weather the storm and survive but there must be a small question of "what do I have to do to this guy to beat him". I'm sure Frankie has a superb gameplan but will he be able to impose it? Gray just seems to be able to make guys fight where he wants to. Looking forward to seeing two great fighters in another great triology. Will make my picks after watching the 130 Countdown...

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Ludovit Klein pining for top-15 opponent – and a ranking, himself – after UFC Louisville
  • Bad Left Hook : PODCAST: Tank vs Martin preview, Broner’s downfall, Paul vs Tyson, Pacquiao rumors
  • MMA Junkie : Chael Sonnen surprised Arman Tsarukyan turned down Islam Makhachev at UFC 302: 'It's not a good idea historically'
  • Bad Left Hook : David Avanesyan steps in for Crowley, will face Ennis on July 13
  • MMA Junkie : Denise Gomes gets jubilation for payoff after tough UFC Louisville camp for Eduarda Moura
  • MMAFighting.com : Alan Jouban laments bad stoppages ruining fights: ‘We cannot let the UFC turn into the NFL’
  • MMA Mania : ‘Her Biggest Nightmare Was Kayla’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 58 commentary team, broadcast plans set: Michael Bisping, Dominick Cruz join John Gooden in booth
  • MMA Mania : Video: Fury Faceplants In Street After Getting Bounced From Bar
  • MMA Junkie : Taylor Lapilus considers Cody Stamann biggest win of his career at UFC Louisville
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Alex Pereira responds to Jamahal Hill: ‘Maybe he just woke up from the knockout’
  • Jits Magazine : Three Trials Medallists Invited To ADCC 2024
  • Jits Magazine : Andrew Wiltse’s Thoughts… On CJI vs ADCC
  • Jits Magazine : Eoghan O’Flanagan Joins Craig Jones Invitational At Under 80kg
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: ‘UFC Pay Is Utter Garbage’
  • Middle Easy : Georges St-Pierre Backs Islam Makhachev as the No. 1 P4P Fighter: ‘His Last Few Performances Are Amazing’
  • MMA Mania : MMAmania.com’s ‘Prospect of the Month:’ Jacinta Austin
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 57 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media
  • MMA Junkie : Carlos Prates makes Perth plea to fight in front of daughter at UFC 305 after Louisville knockout
  • MMA Mania : Poirier ‘Leaning Towards Being Done’