Topic: Bellator 261

Bellator 261: Johnson vs. Moldavsky

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,237
  • Post Score: 47

05.05.2021 | 11:00 AM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
Bellator 261
  • Friday 06.25.2021 at 06:30 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Showtime
  • Promotion: Bellator MMA
  • Ownership: Bellator Sport Worldwide, LLC
  • Venue: Mohegan Sun Arena
  • Enclosure: Cage
  • TV Announcers: John McCarthy, Sean Grande
  • Ring Announcer: Michael C. Williams
  • Post-Fight Interviews: John McCarthy
  • MMA Bouts: 10
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Valentin Moldavsky   defeats   Tim Johnson   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Liz Carmouche   defeats   Kana Watanabe   via KO/TKO, Punches (standing TKO)   0:35 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Sidney Outlaw   defeats   Myles Jury   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   4:44 Round 3 of 3, 14:44 Total Bout Page
Daniel Weichel   defeats   Keoni Diggs   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Christian Edwards   defeats   Simon Biyong   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
John De Jesus   defeats   John Teixeira   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Taylor Johnson   defeats   Lance Wright   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   2:58 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Jaylon Bates   defeats   Cody Matthews   via Submission, Armbar   4:04 Round 2 of 3, 9:04 Total Bout Page
Corey Samuels   defeats   Isaiah Hokit   via KO/TKO, Left Cross to Ground and Pound   0:10 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Soren Bak   defeats   Bobby Lee   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 6

Blackbet25
Blackbet25
  • Predictions:  8,945  |  72.4%
  • Forum Posts:  6,176
  • Post Score: 189

06.25.2021 | 11:32 PM ET

Predictions: 4 of 10 Winners, 0 Perfect, 215 Points   |   Tied for 881st

Tim desperately wanted to bang but he just simply got outworked and outmaneuvered(out-clinched).

* Edited at 06.25.2021, 11:34 PM ET *

"They don’t want a man like me to have the title cause I’m not a puppet like that fool up there."

2021.06.25 11:34 PM ET

bout result

Valentin Moldavsky defeats Tim Johnson via 5 Round Decision
2021.06.25 11:34 PM ET

Event Complete

Bellator 261
AxaFin
AxaFin
  • Predictions:  1,532  |  60.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,801
  • Post Score: 144

06.25.2021 | 11:35 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 355 Points   |   Tied for 348th

This was my first Bellator event I watched completely. A very depressing event I must say. 6am over here in EU so goodnight everybody

"I've lost 7000€ on Jared Cannonier."

Cheeseball
Cheeseball
  • Predictions:  13,293  |  71.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,946
  • Post Score: 247

06.25.2021 | 11:58 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 10 Winners, 3 Perfect, 490 Points   |   Tied for 30th with 7 others

"🌽⚽️"

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,395  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,487
  • Post Score: 203

06.26.2021 | 2:10 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 10 Winners, 0 Perfect, 315 Points   |   Tied for 547th

Biyong disappointed in a big way. He looked pretty awful out there. Have had high hopes for him, honestly. He is nowhere near the top-level yet, but the potential has been there and he was looking like a real monster for a solid stretch there a year or so back. Shame to see him kinda just... fizzle out tonight. 

Rough night for Watanabe. Absolutely love her fights, and she is definitely one of my favorite WMMA fighters, but she's always been slightly overrated sadly. Her striking has been abysmal for a long time and in her last couple fights it almost seemed like it got worse somehow? Not sure what that's about, but she's solid as hell everywhere else and could still be a legit threat if she puts the work in. 

Wasn't at all shocked to see Carmouche win. Despite picking w/ my heart and going for Watanabe, the smart bet was always on Carmouche due to Watanabe's clear lack-of-ability in certain areas of the game where Carmouche is solid. Not shocked that Carmouche beat her, but goddamn it was pretty crazy to see Watanabe get sparked tf out like that - so quick. Unfortunate. 

Good for Carmouche, easily the #1 contender now. And I hope Kana puts like 9-straight months of work in to bolster that striking of hers. Because both offensively and defensively, that area of her game sucks.

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

Xavi3r1027
Xavi3r1027
  • Predictions:  7,628  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  3
  • Post Score: 167

06.26.2021 | 2:32 AM ET

Predictions: 9 of 10 Winners, 4 Perfect, 590 Points   |   2nd Place

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

06.26.2021 | 8:02 AM ET

Predictions: 5 of 10 Winners, 3 Perfect, 325 Points   |   Tied for 493rd

what a win for John De Jesus I really regret not picking him

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

Page 6

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : ‘I’ll Be Fighting For The Title Next Year’
  • Middle Easy : Chael Sonnen Credits Colby Covington For Ian Garry Troll Job: ‘Some Of His Finest Work’
  • MMA Junkie : Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler UFC 303 poster features yellow yelling faces
  • MMAFighting.com : No Bets Barred: Can Derrick Lewis deliver another knockout at UFC St. Louis?
  • MMA Junkie : Robelis Despaigne sees himself fighting for UFC heavyweight title in 2025
  • MMA Mania : ‘You’re Not A Real Man!’ Sterling And O’Malley Reignite Rivalry
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 303 poster released showing return of Conor McGregor, Michael Chandler
  • Middle Easy : Arman Tsarukyan’s Coach Doesn’t Believe #1 Contender Is Ready To Dethrone Islam Makhachev
  • MMA Junkie : Adrian Yanez sees UFC Fight Night 241 as 'do or die,' says training with Diego Lopes reignited love for MMA
  • MMAFighting.com : Sydney Sweeney to portray boxing legend Christy Martin in upcoming biopic
  • MMA Mania : Video: Assuncao Spits On Opponent After BJJ Match Controversy
  • UFC.com : Meet Feathereright Bekhzod Usmonov | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • UFC.com : Meet Middleweight Giannis Bachar | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • Middle Easy : Jan Blachowicz Believes He Deserves a Rematch with Alex Pereira: ‘He is Not a Better Fighter Than Me’
  • MMA Junkie : After resting his body and brain, UFC's Beneil Dariush targets end of summer return
  • MMAFighting.com : Aljamain Sterling, Sean O’Malley’s coach erupt into fiery argument after new video emerges
  • UFC.com : Meet Featherweight Nathan Fletcher | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Shevchenko vs Team Grasso
  • UFC.com : Meet Middleweight Paddy McCorey | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • UFC.com : The Octagon
  • UFC.com : Olympians To Compete In The UFC