Tapology Forums

The PPC Thread

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  42,144  |  69.3%
  • Forum Posts:  7,409
  • Post Score: 287

03.01.2021 | 1:12 PM ET

This is the official thread for the PPC (Pink Prediction Championship) fantasy game series that I run. I have listed all the previous winners of the PPC on my profile page and will continue to update it after every PPC. If anyone wants to know any other stats or records about the PPC, just ask!

The PPC (Pink Prediction Championship) is a points-based game where up to 16 users compete. It’s free to enter but then again there are also no chips to be won but for what it’s worth, I’ll follow the winner (or winners in the event of a tie) of each PPC, along with a congratulations comment on their wall and an invite to the next PPC. 2nd and 3rd place (including any joint 2nd or 3rd places) will get a congratulations comment on their wall. The reason for this is that I don’t want anyone to want to join the game but not being able to afford to while also still having some kind of prize structure (although not much of one) but it is just a friendly competition after all! The only people to get invites will be the previous champion (or champions in the event of a tie) because I want to make this an open competition and if I invited everyone I wanted to invite then all 16 places would fill up very quickly.

Every PPC is made up of:

• 1 MMA event

• 1 Boxing event

• 1 UFC event

The idea is that this should test your general MMA knowledge (1 MMA event), your Boxing knowledge (1 Boxing event) and your mainstream MMA knowledge (1 UFC event) so that in theory, the winner of each PPC is the one with the best all-round combat sports knowledge.

There is also a PPC group that anyone is welcome to join (I’ll accept all requests. If I don’t accept you straight away, it’s because I’m either at work, sleeping or otherwise busy). This group will have a records thread that lists the full tables of every PPC and any other random threads that are created by the members. The group leaderboard will only include the MMA/Boxing/UFC events used in the PPC’s. You can find it in the Pick ‘Em Groups section.

This is designed as a friendly league and is solely for fun. Hopefully it will also act as a good introduction to the fantasy games for new users or users that have never taken part in fantasy games before while also providing an opportunity for them to meet regular fantasy players. If you are looking for a fantasy game with some fantasy chips involved, then I highly recommend the “Most Painful Picks” and “Seagalski Elimination Series” run by Steven Seagalski, the “Shark Cups” run by Rombu and the monthly boxing games and UFC games run by Mikey1903 they are well worth checking out! Ask them for more info on their respective fantasy competitions.

There will only be one PPC running at any one time otherwise I’d just confuse myself. If you have any questions, even stupid ones, just ask! Anyway, if you’re interested then head on over to the fantasy games and look for one titled “PPC” followed by a number. I hope to see you soon and good luck!

* Edited at 03.01.2021, 1:13 PM ET *

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

Responses Page 20

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

07.23.2023 | 8:01 PM ET

PPC 130 update

OK, so at the moment, we're still waiting for the Golden Boy Mexican boxing card results to fully conclude on Tapology so I'll open the PPC 131 shortly.  As for the PPC 130, we will definitely know the winner by this time next week at the latest because either A) the results would've been confirmed by then or B) if there's no confirmed results for it after 15 days, then the event will be removed from the event entirely automatically by Tapology and the 15 day mark will be about this time next week. 
  In short, I'll open the new game and announce the results for this one when they come in or the event is removed automatically. Sorry about this as I know you can only be in 10 public games at once and I've inadvertently held you lot hostage inside a public MMA fantasy game for over a week!

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

07.23.2023 | 8:16 PM ET

The PPC 131 is now open!

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

07.31.2023 | 8:42 PM ET

PPC 130 Results!

OK so there were no confirmed results for the boxing card after 15 days which means it was removed from the game and more importantly, we now have a winner! Congratulations to @blooder6665 for winning his first ever PPC! Hopefully this will be the first of many more in the future!

Well done as well to
@UNDER SURVEILLANCE 
for finishing 2nd and well done as well to
@Schatte 
for finishing 3rd!

Finally, I just want to thank everyone for their patience during this absolute cluster**** of a game and I promise I'll think twice before adding any Mexican boxing cards to future games! Thanks as well to you all for playing and I hope to see you in the PPC 132!

The full PPC 130 table can be found here:
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/62292

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

07.31.2023 | 8:55 PM ET

PPC 131 Results!

Sorry to announce this one so soon after the PPC 130. I don't mean it to overshadow the PPC 130 but it's just unfortunate that the results for both have been confirmed on the same night.

The first prelim fight on the Estrada VS Yudica card has been confirmed now. Congratulations to
@pureincognito 
for winning his 15th PPC Title! This now ties him level with @hunterp for the most all time PPC wins! One more win and he'll become the PPC G.O.A.T!

Well done as well to @ccollins44 for finishing 2nd and well done as well to @blooder6665 for finishing in 3rd!

There were no ghost players in this game which just leaves me to say a massive thank you to everyone for taking part and I hope to see you in the PPC 132 when I set it up shortly!

The full PPC 131 table can be found here:
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/62666

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

07.31.2023 | 9:11 PM ET

The PPC 132 is now open!

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

08.07.2023 | 8:03 PM ET

PPC 132 Results!

In our closest ever game, we have a tie game! Congratulations to both
@pureincognito 
and @ccollins44 for winning the PPC 132! As far as the records are concerned, you will both have a win put to your names! This is the 2nd time @ccollins44 has won and the 16th time
@pureincognito 
has won which means that @pureincognito has now overtaken @hunterp for the most PPC wins so a massive congratulations on that huge achievement!

Well done as well to @Kairos El for finishing only 50 points behind them in 3rd!

As for our ghost player, @Judo finished in 16th with 545 points.

Finally, I just want to say a huge thank you to everyone for taking part and I hope to see you in the PPC 133 when I set it up shortly!

The full PPC 132 table can be found here:
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/62971

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

08.07.2023 | 8:26 PM ET

The PPC 133 is now open!

Sigu
Sigu
  • Predictions:  19,151  |  79.1%
  • Forum Posts:  185
  • Post Score: 204

08.09.2023 | 4:45 PM ET

@Stephen Terry

1👻33
Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

08.10.2023 | 11:41 AM ET

@Sigu 

Sure thing mate! I've invited you to the ghost player copy of the game and good luck!

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

08.14.2023 | 12:19 PM ET

PPC 133 Results!

Congratulations to
@Schatte 
for winning the PPC 133! This is now his 3rd PPC Title after finishing consistently finishing in the top 3! As the current PPC Champion, you will recieve an invite to the PPC 134 when I set it up shortly! 

Well done as well to @ccollins44 for finishing 2nd and to @Kairos El for finishing 3rd!

As for our ghost player, 
@Sigu 
finished 17th with 1,675 points.

Finally, I just want to say a massive thank you to everyone for taking part and I hope to see you in the PPC 134 when I set it up shortly!

The full PPC 133 table can be found here:
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/63182

For those who can access it, the PPC ghost players copy of the game can be found here:
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/63243

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

08.14.2023 | 12:47 PM ET

The PPC 134 is now open!

FistyMcKickerChoke
FistyMcKickerChoke
  • Predictions:  30,098  |  80.8%
  • Forum Posts:  4,565
  • Post Score: 236

08.14.2023 | 1:46 PM ET

thank you for the invite, Stephen, but I'm going to have to opt out this week because I know I won't make time to make all the picks and these games will fill up with people who can. 

"Throughout my career I've learned that "If you win you're the ****, if you lose it's bad." - Bruno "Blindadao" Silva"

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

08.14.2023 | 9:48 PM ET

@FistyMcKickerChoke 

Fair enough mate, that's very considerate of you! Good luck in future games!

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

08.20.2023 | 2:33 PM ET

PPC 134 Results!

Congratulations to @Judo for winning the PPC 134! This is now his 5th PPC Title overall! As the current PPC Champion, you will recieve an invite to the PPC 135 when I set it up!

Well done as well to @Liam56perez for finishing in 2nd! This is a new personal best for him after finishing 3rd on a couple of occasions previously! Well done as well to
@tepid55 
for finishing in 3rd!

As for our ghost player, @Moose25 came in 10th with 2,660 points.

Finally, I just want to say a massive thank you to everyone for taking part and I hope to see you in the PPC 135!

The full PPC 134 table can be found here:
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/63436

For those who can access it, the PPC 134 Ghost players table can be found here:
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/63500

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

08.20.2023 | 3:00 PM ET

The PPC 135 is now open!

Sigu
Sigu

08.22.2023 | 2:19 PM ET

@Stephen Terry
I would like to jump on the ghost train
Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

08.22.2023 | 8:39 PM ET

@Sigu 

No worries mate! I won't be able to invite you to the ghost player copy as this week's game had the Contender Series in which has already started but you asked to play at 2:19 ET and the Contender Series only started at 8pm ET so you asked before the game started but I'll just have to do it the old way an manually add up your scores. Good luck!

Sigu
Sigu

08.22.2023 | 10:50 PM ET

🙏 @Stephen Terry 🥳
Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

08.23.2023 | 8:07 PM ET

@Sigu 

No worries mate, good luck!

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

08.29.2023 | 11:16 AM ET

PPC 135 Results!

Congratulations to @jonnyboy6969 for winning the PPC 135! This is now his 4th PPC Title overall! Let's see if he can retain it in the PPC 136!

Well done as well to @Carlosperez for finishing in 2nd and to
@tepid55 
who finished only 5 points behind him in 3rd!

As for our ghost players, @Liam56perez finished in 10th with 3,370 points,
@TARTARA 
finished in 11th with 3,325 points and
@Sigu 
finished in 15th with 2,665 points.

Finally, I just want to say a huge thank you to everyone for taking part and I hope to see you in the PPC 136 when I set it up shortly!

The full PPC 135 table can be found here:
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/63693

For those who can access it, the PPC 135 ghost players table can be found here:
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/63694

Page 20

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Israel Adesanya Is ‘Coming for Heads,’ Not Titles, When He Makes Return to the UFC
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Anderson Silva gives Chael Sonnen a rose in their faceoff ahead of boxing match in Brazil
  • Middle Easy : Chael Sonnen Refuses to Make the Same Mistake in Boxing That He Did in MMA Against Anderson Silva
  • MMA Junkie : Jake Paul says he would ‘kill’ Sean O’Malley, wants to fight at UFC 303 before Mike Tyson bout
  • Middle Easy : Sean O’Malley’s Coach Questions the Quality of Conor McGregor’s Sparring Partners Ahead of UFC 303
  • MMA Junkie : Ex-GLORY Kickboxing champ Simon Marcus resumes path toward UFC
  • MMA Junkie : Joshua Van relieved to make it to UFC on ESPN 58 fight week after several bout cancellations
  • Middle Easy : 19 Year-Old Raul Rosas Jr. Chasing After Jon Jones’ UFC Record: ‘I Got 4 Years To Break It’
  • MMA Junkie : Why UFC contender Merab Dvalishvili decided to no longer 'chase the finish' in fights
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Could be over early’: Ellerbe says Tank does everything better than Martin
  • MMA Junkie : Beneil Dariush no longer chasing UFC fight vs. Dustin Poirier: 'That shipped has passed'
  • Middle Easy : Report: Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler ‘Not Looking Good’, UFC Is Hoping For ‘Plan B’ Or ‘Plan C’
  • MMA Junkie : Daniel Cormier: Middle finger was not directed at Jon Jones in UFC 'Fight Inc' documentary
  • Bad Left Hook : Espinoza signs with Top Rank ahead of June 21 title defense
  • Bad Left Hook : Golden Boy undercard for June 27 show headlined by Fulghum vs Ellis
  • Middle Easy : Dricus Du Plessis ‘Ready’ To Face Israel Adesanya, ‘Would Love’ To Fight Khamzat Chimaev If He Beats Robert Whittaker
  • MMA Junkie : Dricus Du Plessis: Robert Whittaker beating Khamzat Chimaev at UFC on ABC 6 doesn't warrant title shot
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I want to be the Serena Williams of boxing’: Shields on future goals, July return
  • MMA Junkie : Israel Adesanya 'coming for heads,' not UFC championship belts
  • MMAFighting.com : Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler fight ‘very much in limbo’ for UFC 303