Tapology Forums

goodbye Marcus Davis..

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

jersey0525
jersey0525
  • Predictions:  2,766  |  60.6%
  • Forum Posts:  4,536
  • Post Score: 188

01.06.2011 | 8:25 AM ET

one of my favorite fighters, marcus davis got cut today... can't say this wasn't deserved, as he's lost 4 out of 5, with the last 3 by stoppage...and it started with the demoralizing loss to dan hardy, followed by lights out from ben saunders via knees...after bouncing back with a tko of goulet, he was choked unconscious by nate diaz...it ended at ufc 125 with a 3rd round sleeping from mr ambien aka jeremy stephens..(ambien is sleeping pills)...he's fallen off alot recently, and i think its because he's STILL one dimensional and his chin isn't good enough anymore.

"im an OT (ORIGINAL TAPOLOGIST), I used to write for cagepages.com. NO ONE CAN TAKE THAT LEFT HAND SHOT"

Responses

BeastMaster
BeastMaster
  • Predictions:  1,958  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  3,029
  • Post Score: 180

01.06.2011 | 8:34 AM ET

To bad.

"Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone lays a hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

jersey0525
jersey0525

01.06.2011 | 8:38 AM ET

lol...great boxing, not good at much else...

"im an OT (ORIGINAL TAPOLOGIST), I used to write for cagepages.com. NO ONE CAN TAKE THAT LEFT HAND SHOT"

Bigj383
Bigj383
  • Predictions:  8,546  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  5,417
  • Post Score: 187

01.06.2011 | 8:51 AM ET

I liked Marcus, he usually had pretty exciting fights. Unfortunately his age is catching up with him. He didn't look bad in the Stephen's fight he just got caught and went to sleep. 

"It does not make sense that humans deliberately malfunction. - Upgrade"

jersey0525
jersey0525

01.06.2011 | 8:59 AM ET

yeah, the irish hand grenade was the best nickname ever! also liked his technical boxing style, which wasn't seen much at the ufc

poir420
poir420
  • Predictions:  143,346  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  18,232
  • Post Score: 245

01.06.2011 | 9:00 AM ET

that sucks, marcus had some heart but he was getting up there in age not everyone can be like Couture

"“All of a sudden, he was shooting for a takedown, and I’m like, ‘Oh, you’re a wrestler now? Remember, I’m the black belt in jiu-jitsu. And you’re shooting on me now? This is a wrap." - Nate Diaz"

jersey0525
jersey0525

01.06.2011 | 9:04 AM ET

yeah, i was pulling for him tho...i would LOVE to see a davis vs gsp SPARRING session..just boxing, davis vs gsp would be fun to watch

irishmmagal
irishmmagal
  • Predictions:  21  |  52.4%
  • Forum Posts:  8
  • Post Score: 38

01.06.2011 | 9:17 AM ET

Great man great fighter... Look forward to a come back bigger and stronger. Luck of an Irish Man.
jeremyadk
jeremyadk
  • Predictions:  8,527  |  61.0%
  • Forum Posts:  80
  • Post Score: 66

01.06.2011 | 9:27 AM ET

Look, I love Marcus Davis, but I was telling the guys I roll with the other day that if he didn't win he would be cut.  This doesn't mean he can't come back.  Someone above said he's one-dimensional.  Well, if the UFC can bring Houston Alexander (the epitome of one-dimensional) back for a fight, then Davis surely can come back.  I agree with irishmmagirl that his Irish luck will bring him through.

"A little blood never hurt anyone" -My dad

jersey0525
jersey0525

01.06.2011 | 10:00 PM ET

Davis is a great guy, and good fighter..but i think he lost a lot more than just a fight when he was beaten by dan hardy... the amount of trash talk and REAL hatred davis felt for that fight was huge, and he commited himself to shutting hardys mouth for good...and then lost....he's never been the same since.

irishmmagal
irishmmagal
  • Predictions:  21  |  52.4%
  • Forum Posts:  8
  • Post Score: 38

01.07.2011 | 5:12 AM ET

We have all been there trashed talked and made a fool of because it back fired. It makes us stronger and more willing. Anyone who studies Martial Arts knows winning is great but losing is where you learn and grow. It takes one little mistake, as little as leaving a 1/2 inch of space, for your opponent to capitalize on it.
jersey0525
jersey0525

01.07.2011 | 6:08 AM ET

completely agree irishmma...but, if he was gonna get stronger, it wouldve happened by now...he's been ko'd TWICE and choked to sleep once SINCE that fight...i love the irish hand grenade, but i don't think he's become stronger from the hardy thing..

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Jamahal Hill reveals list of injuries behind UFC 303 withdrawal, vows to 'be back soon'
  • MMA Junkie : Belal Muhammad: Skill-for-skill Dricus Du Plessis sucks, would be 'my easiest path to double-champ status'
  • MMA Mania : ‘It’s The Business, Man’
  • MMA Junkie : Josh Quinlan's plan for being present, free and happy at UFC on ESPN 58
  • MMA Junkie : 'Welp': Michael Chandler reacts to canceled Conor McGregor fight with tequila
  • MMA Junkie : Diego Lopes: If I finish Brian Ortega at UFC 303, 'there's no doubt I deserve a title shot'
  • Middle Easy : Jon Jones Shares Clip of Tom Aspinall’s Knee Injury Against Curtis Blaydes, Draws the Ire of MMA Fans
  • MMA Mania : ‘There Was No Thought To Not Fight’
  • MMA Junkie : New UFC 303 poster still features yellow yelling faces, but now with Alex Pereira and Jiri Prochazka
  • MMA Junkie : Boxing video: Gervonta Davis, Frank Martin exchange heated words in final faceoff
  • MMAFighting.com : Nate Diaz vs. Jorge Masvidal ‘Last Man Standing’ episode 1
  • Middle Easy : Javier Mendez Thinks Khabib Nurmagomedov ‘Needs Some Work’ Before Becoming an Effective Cornerman
  • MMA Mania : Something Or Nothing? McGregor Spotted With Apparent Leg Injury
  • MMA Junkie : Asu Almabayev wants to be in GSP mold, not concerned with well-rounded Jose Johnson at UFC on ESPN 58
  • MMA Junkie : UFC adds Yusaku Kinoshita vs. Jonny Parsons to August Fight Night event
  • MMA Junkie : Cris Cyborg says PFL changed plans after signing for Larissa Pacheco fight
  • MMA Mania : 17 Tidbits, Facts And Storylines | UFC Vegas 93
  • MMAFighting.com : Tank vs. Martin weigh-in results: Gervonta Davis and Frank Martin on weight, share final intense faceoff
  • MMA Junkie : Alex Pereira vs. Jiri Prochazka 2: Odds and what to know ahead of UFC 303 title rematch
  • MMA Mania : McGregor’s Injury NOT Considered Severe